Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1578 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mechromancer DLC is Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonus
7. Re: Mechromancer DLC is Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonus Apr 10, 2012, 21:33 Narf2029

It's worth considering. If someone else is making the class and it turns out to be way overpowered, it's going to get nerfed down and people who preordered will hate it. Or, it's going to be severely underpowered and people who preordered will hate it.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts Mar 29, 2012, 22:11 Narf2029

Shame, was looking forward to it. Although with how cheap life is in 40k I'm not sure how well it would've worked anyway.  

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
4. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 21:11 Narf2029

I'm still waiting for actual definitive evidence that proves this link. They said the same thing about rock music. Let's reform our legislative process and make the writer of a bill financially responsible for the court costs incurred in finding a bill to be unconstitutional or otherwise illegal. If violent video games make a person violent, why do they let me carry a gun at work?  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 10, 2012, 23:04 Narf2029

I almost never use my 360 anymore, except to watch Netflix. Even that is dubious since I have a computer hooked up to the TV as well.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Feb 15, 2012, 16:42 Narf2029

In short, Mass Effect 3, from what I've seen, is shaping up to be a very solid shooter. Mechanically it is a definite improvement over Mass Effect 2, and I found myself actually getting quite engaged in what, to me, has fast become a stale genre. Moreover, it manages to provide more choices in outfitting Shepard, some of which, like weapon upgrades, return from the original game. At the same time, I don't think anyone who's stuck with Mass Effect this long has been there for the combat, and the shallow action film cliches are a far cry from what most long-time fans expect.

To me, that says "Mass Effect 3 looks like it'll be a pretty good game, assuming you're not a fan of the previous ones."

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: bend over Jan 28, 2012, 20:03 Narf2029

Joke's on him. Far as I know they still haven't been implemented.  

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha
3. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 28, 2012, 19:59 Narf2029

A reboot of a reboot? We are running out of ideas.  

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patch & New Demo
5. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patch & New Demo Jan 27, 2012, 15:49 Narf2029

Evochron has plenty of nice moments. My favorites are trying to make trading runs in hostile systems. Nothing quite like the thrill of trying to make a planetary landing quickly to avoid the enemy navy ships chasing you through the atmosphere, but not too quickly or your high speed entry will burn your shields off faster than they can regenerate.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 22, 2012, 17:17 Narf2029

I never got the fuss since I only use the digital service. I do wish they had more to offer digitally though.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
14. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 12:54 Narf2029

It's not a huge loss. I'm still catching up to things I bought 6 months ago. If I skip an Ubi title because of its over-the-top DRM I won't even have time to notice.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch
24. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch Jan 19, 2012, 15:27 Narf2029

I know. I love it when I upgrade a skill and the new damage range falls halfway into the old damage range. That's just ridiculous. I can afford it since all of my characters have Slicing (which is still a good moneymaker as long as you go outside to harvest nodes), but it's still basically a waste of money.  

News Comments > Out of the Black
28. Re: Out of the Black Jan 19, 2012, 04:47 Narf2029

It's election year folks. Vote against the incumbent. If legislation like this made it as far as it has, it's time to kick everyone out and start over.  

News Comments > World of Darkness Details
14. Re: World of Darkness Details Jan 17, 2012, 09:43 Narf2029

I don't blame him. I quit EVE after I lost my third ship in a week. I work up to 70 hours a week and I don't have time for that kind of shit. The last thing I need is another job on top of the one I already have, especially if I have to pay for it!  

6. Re: World of Darkness Details Jan 16, 2012, 23:32 Narf2029

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 21:32:
Narf2029 wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 21:08:
Shit, I'd love any computerized system for GURPS. I love it, but damn is it a slow game unless you're playing with a bunch of law students.

The Fallout series started out as a GURPS game but due to creative differences, Interplay tweaked it and named it Fallout.

They did more than tweak it...

2. Re: World of Darkness Details Jan 16, 2012, 21:08 Narf2029

Shit, I'd love any computerized system for GURPS. I love it, but damn is it a slow game unless you're playing with a bunch of law students.  

News Comments > Thief 4 Online Features?
3. Re: Thief 4 Online Features? Jan 16, 2012, 21:03 Narf2029

I would hope so. Thievery UT was a blast. Well, not literally.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
54. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 16:49 Narf2029

Count me out. It'll probably be even more dumbed down than the second anyway.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 8, 2012, 21:02 Narf2029

I wonder what it'd take to remake Master of Orion into an FPS.  

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: 5 Video Games With the Worst Bugs of 2011 Dec 30, 2011, 20:51 Narf2029

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 19:10:
something that can corrupt system files is not a game "bug"

When the retail version of Darklands did the same thing, they called it a bug. They patched it too, though getting a patch pre-internet was obviously a bigger pain.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Jerome Simpson - flip for a touchdown Dec 25, 2011, 22:51 Narf2029

On this note, can you believe the Bengals can do stuff like this for 3 quarters and then nearly completely blow a 23 point lead in less than half a quarter? When the announcers said they were doing so hot I said to myself "It's the Bengals. They can easily blow the game in one quarter." But WOW. All it took was 5 minutes to see the Bungles we know and love! And then they scrape by only because a completely wide-open receiver falls down? God himself must have wanted them to win.  

1578 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo