Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1585 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 11, 2012, 23:28 Narf2029

I decided Win 8 was a failure once I started seeing the upgrade packs at a lower price than student editions of Win 7. I think the local Micro Center is selling Win 8 upgrade packs for like $40. If they get any cheaper they might as well give them away.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux
17. Re: One More Nov 10, 2012, 18:05 Narf2029

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 17:07:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 16:35:
Derek Smart comes to mind, fake PHD and all.

You said the name! Brace for impact.

We should be ok. I think you have to say it three times.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
172. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 12:13 Narf2029

So the BlueTower has no power for a little while, big deal. Long as its occupants are safe! Bet the dogs hated it though if the storm got anywhere near.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 12:10 Narf2029

Blue's got no power and still manages to get in a tiny bit of news. That's why none of us mind this kind of thing.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 10, 2012, 21:14 Narf2029

I find that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a pretty good game IF you try really hard not to think about the original game. On its own merits it is good. It won't be a classic by any stretch but it's good on its own. If you try to measure it against the original XCOM it will not hold up, but if you would rather play the original that much, go do it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2012, 23:18 Narf2029

Guilty until innocence is paid for.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 30, 2012, 23:16 Narf2029

Voting is almost a waste in the US anyway. Way too many people vote for a candidate simply because they are on the red team or the blue team. It doesn't matter who they are, what they stand for, or what bad (or even good) things they've done, as long as they are on the "right" team. I doubt the overwhelming majority of voters even realize there are often more than two candidates for a given office.  

News Comments > Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2
4. Re: Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2 Sep 25, 2012, 21:45 Narf2029

No kidding. The bonuses themselves are minor but they apply to all your characters - finally I can play all different characters all the time and they will all benefit in at least a small way.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2012, 18:17 Narf2029

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 14:14:
Kinda hilarious that FTL: Faster Than Light review got (9.5) I mean, I don't think it's a bad game, but 9.5? Better than MOO2 (8.4) and better than Distant Worlds (9.4) ?

This is the highest score spacesector.com has giveth ever.... for a game that has very little real game-play. In a way FTL reminded me of Progress Quest. If you find the win strategy there is literally no game to be had, it's just the same procedure every encounter. Target 2 Ion Mk2's shields and weapons, have 2 attack drones wreak havok. have 2 mantis warriors teleport over and have cloak.

WIN

after 11 hours of play-time.

I never before won a rogue-like.. which makes me sad. Not that I won, but that people call FTL a rogue like.. I am just odd with my game taste I guess...

I'd have given it a 8/10 .. enjoyed the heck out of it, but now.. I don't think I want to start it up again. At least not when Torch Light 2 and Borderlands 2 demand my attention.

Yeah, that's kind of a flawed strategy. In one game with the alternate Fed cruiser I made it all the way to the end without finding a single weapon. Needless to say, even the awesomeness of a shield-ignoring beam did not come close to offsetting the use of the starting pea shooters and I got it handed to me. An easy success depends HEAVILY on finding that ideal gear. The fun is in making do with what you DO find. Sometimes it's not enough but you can take satisfaction in "hey, at least I made it this far with this garbage." Sometimes you make it work despite all the odds and that's even more satisfying. I'm addicted to FTL myself. Even when playing something else, all I think of is how I can do better in FTL.

News Comments > Drox Operative Beta Patches
2. Re: Drox Operative Beta Patches Sep 21, 2012, 21:03 Narf2029

I can't stop playing FTL. I was up from midnight to 5am playing Borderlands 2 on tuesday and I was thinking about FTL the entire time. I'll be playing an MMO on one monitor and FTL on the other. I had 32 hours played in FTL in 3 days, 2 of which I was on call at work all day and not home half the time. My wife says I have a problem.  

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
49. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Sep 2, 2012, 21:05 Narf2029

Very true. I just couldn't keep my interest in Champions and went back to CoH. If nobody saves CoH, I'll try Champions again as it's the next best thing in terms of superhero play and character customization... and that is truly saddening.

To put it in perspective, I still have two client keys I bought on sale for like $5 each, one for me and one for my wife, back before they went free to play... still have not used them. I wonder if they'll even work now.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2012, 21:11.

38. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 22:56 Narf2029

Uff, this still makes me feel sick. The community there is incredible. I'll hate to see this game end.  

32. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 19:00 Narf2029

I actually felt sick when I saw this. It's practically the only MMO I still play on a regular basis, including two which I have lifetime accounts on. The character creator was top notch, and I still measure every MMO against it. The level of personalization is just unparalleled.

But at the same time, I saw it coming. Pretty much just one or two servers have any notable population now. It still sucks though. I always got bored of other MMOs because of their comparative lack of personalization, but now there will just be nothing like it. And we all know how NCSoft is - the day something stops being profitable they shut it down and lock it away.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 6, 2012, 17:42 Narf2029

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 23:56:
Dev wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 22:09:
I think its more because they are based out of the country (they are in UK) than anything else.

Out of country charges often raise a red flag.
Doesn't make a whole pile of sense to be honest. I order a pile of crap from S.Korea and Japan, never had a problem. But GMG I've had nothing but problems.

I didn't expect it either. I've never had problems ordering from outside the US before. My credit card company said they were not sending address information when they submitted the authorization request, and that's why they declined it - but I entered it all in so what gives? On top of that, they locked my damn card out! I found out when my fuel light came on and my card didn't work at 3 gas stations. Good thing I had cash on me today.

edit: And it's still not working. To hell with them then. Watch my card get locked out again too.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 19:12 Narf2029

Shame they won't accept any of my credit cards for some reason. No big deal, they all work elsewhere and I'm sure Borderlands 2 will get a decent preorder price from someone who does want my money.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 22:03 Narf2029

Jerykk wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 15:45:
Give the average person incredible power and they'll inevitably become corrupted by it, doing whatever they want because nobody can stop them.

http://www.superdickery.com/

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
5. Re: Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends Jul 16, 2012, 10:53 Narf2029

Same plan applies here as anywhere else - get two copies. Buy one to buy it, pirate one to play it. That way, you're a legitimate customer AND your game will work.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2012, 10:47 Narf2029

Fuck 3D. I get enough regular headaches just watching regular TV. The last time I tried to watch something in 3D I got a migraine so bad I was babbling for hours and I stabbed myself in the leg with a dinner fork. I'd bet 90% of the people who say they get migraines don't - the pain from a real migraine can make you do some crazy shit.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 12, 2012, 17:31 Narf2029

Same day delivery from Amazon would be great by me. I use Prime and I already check on Amazon before I go out to buy something in a store. Unless I desperately need it, I can afford to wait two days and get it sent right to my door with no shipping fee per order, no taxes, and all my gasoline stays in my car. I got Prime mainly to try out their digital viewing (which is kind of sparse right now in my opinion but it's still new I guess, though it is cheaper than Netflix in the long run) but just the other day I ordered a $10 mouse because my last mouse was wearing out. A $10 item shipped to me in 2 days for nothing beyond what I already paid for Prime. I thought of going to Micro Center but with taxes and fuel costs, that would've become a $15 mouse at least. Instead of waiting until I have a few things I need from a given store (and probably talking myself out of one or two), I just get them from Amazon as the need, and occasionally the want, arises now. It's insidious.  

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Demo
2. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Demo Jul 12, 2012, 17:21 Narf2029

I think it's great, if a tad unstable. So far, turning off gibs fixed that for me. I forget what it's actually called in the menu, and I have no idea why gibs would make the game crash after every second map load, but whatever, it works.  

1585 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo