Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1572 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Goat Simulator
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Goat Simulator Apr 1, 2014, 22:34 Narf2029

A strong contender for the Best Game of the Ever award.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
20. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 23:38 Narf2029

I played this way, way too much back in the day. I finally stopped when I let a friend borrow my account and he lost my corpse, along with all my nice stuff. In a way it was better than MMOs now. MMOs today are too streamlined and too much like thousands of single players alongside each other for it. In EQ you made friends because groups had downtime of 10-15 minutes or more at a time, and all you could do was talk. Now players pitch a fit if downtime lasts more than 20 seconds. Today you could group with the same people all day and you'd still spend less time talking to each other than people did in a half hour of EQ. I may not talk anymore with the people I ran with in EQ but I remember every one of them.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 19:11 Narf2029

If Verizon is so reliable I'm not seeing it. My company phone is Verizon and I have poor/no service surprisingly often in urban areas. My job revolves around having phone and internet service everywhere I go so this is an extraordinary pain in the ass at times. Then I look at my personal phone with T-Mobile and I've got full signal. Verizon does cover a lot of middle-of-nowhere places but with all the gaps inside the city I'd never pay for it myself.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
6. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 20:05 Narf2029

If it's better for it, so what?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 20, 2014, 11:51 Narf2029

Used to be the guy serving in the mess hall was an enlisted man, paid the same as other enlisted men of his rank. Now it's outsourced and the guy's a civilian who makes $15 an hour. Not sure what the contractor pulls in but if they can pay $15 an hour for someone to turn a spoon onto a plate it must be a lot.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2014, 22:29 Narf2029

Just be aware of the random connection issues a chunk of the Payday 2 playerbase is experiencing. If your games are going smoothly from start to finish it's a blast, but when your connection drops midway or 90% of the way through a heist a few times, leaving you with nothing whatsoever to show for 30+ minutes of your time each time it happens, the other rough spots get harder to overlook. As far as I know there's not much rhyme or reason as to who will have this problem either.

That said, I've gotten over 260 hours out of it, but I wasn't having as many connection issues until recently either.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 20:34 Narf2029

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:02:
It'll happen easily. My 2013 smartphone has 4X the Ram of the previous console gen already. The PS3 launched 7 years ago, plenty of time to die shrink equivalent or superior horsepower into a mobile. The only real problem is going to continue to be battery life.

And screen size, and input. Especially input. I don't care how powerful my phone is if I have to type things one poke at a time, and then erase half of it and try again because it didn't register a letter and it's easier to just erase back to it than it is to tap into the right spot in middle of the word. Voice recognition is years away from being fully effective. "Yes or no? You said: banana. Is this correct?" Swype has introduced me to some truly obscure words that it picked in place of what I was actually going for.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
13. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 16:08 Narf2029

pupsikaso wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 16:01:
Slashman wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 15:52:
Julio wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 14:47:
Blame Bethesda and Steam for their tight pro-drm stance. Hopefully everyone that wanted these got them by now.

How is this Steam's fault again?

Steam is DRM-as-service

Fortunately it's a lot more service, which is where others fail.

News Comments > On Sale
72. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2013, 21:28 Narf2029

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 10:57:
Once I got a couple deliveries under my belt, I was able to sit back in the chair, hit up the radio (took a bit mapping all the controls I need how I like) and drive single handed like for realz. Some of the stops can get some congested traffic, waiting to turn. YEAH THAT'S SOMETHING I LOVE!!! lol

I know it's a sim, that could be it's knock for me, great, I'm on the road driving again, yipee! Like right now I'm not really wanting to just go out and realistically drive around for the sake of driving. On the bright side I'm saving $3.50 a gallon in game!

As a sim, it does great, you can really drive from A to B and you can control it not to go off the road, hit something a little here or there. No you can drive it like a BOSS, like the real thing. I suppose that's the good and bad of it and I'm much more about realistic handling vs arcade. It's just when you are going 150+ against competition, that is the catch for me. This is like I know the outcome even if I breakdown, which I haven't yet, but I see that is possible or I'm running low on gas. ALL THE GREAT THINGS IN LIFE I TELL YAH! So am I out here just seeing the sites? Which leads to the question, since I'm not from Europe, is their any decent accuracy in the sites in this game? Can I get a good European Vacation out of this? snickers...

The challenge is that I'm about 50-50 backing up right now, I give it a couple tries then say "fuck it" and press Enter.

FWIW I'm using a Logitech Driving Force and a Nostromo, lots of buttons to press in this one.

I don't know why but Euro Truck 2 is extremely cathartic. The mrs makes fun of me every time I play it because I drive a thousand miles or more per week for work then come home and play a game based around commercial driving.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
28. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 20:20 Narf2029

InBlack wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:10:
Im with nin on this one. Special 'educational' booths feel terribly forced. No one likes being told what they can or cant think and a simple "Bigots can stay home or go fuck themselves" note would have been sufficient.

Bigots who stay home or go fuck themselves don't buy tickets or merch.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Holiday DLC
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Holiday DLC Dec 17, 2013, 18:08 Narf2029

I think Goldfarb rationalized the 17 heists thing by counting individual maps, IE a 3 day heist has 3 maps. I'm not complaining though. I've got over 250 hours in so I gave up the right to complain a long time ago. I still find it fun, just in smaller doses now.  

News Comments > New PAYDAY 2 DLC
4. Re: New PAYDAY 2 DLC Dec 5, 2013, 17:15 Narf2029

It is kind of a dick move. At least the holiday sale is coming up. I definitely got my money's worth out of Payday 2 but this just makes me wonder how much map packs will be.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2013, 12:27 Narf2029

Some people in our government are trying to change where the lines are in that separation of power. Basically they want one line, where they are on one side and the population is on the other.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 8, 2013, 21:44 Narf2029

So... what? People will get to do on-rails space shooting sequences, but toward each other?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
15. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 21:43 Narf2029

To be fair, lots of companies blow their launch day. In the grand scheme, it costs a lot to handle one day's extraordinarily high demand when you consider it will probably never need that much infrastructure again as usage smooths out and/or tapers off.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 5, 2013, 12:26 Narf2029

If manufacturers stop making laptops and PCs with Windows 7 on them, Windows 8-equipped products have to "shine" by default.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Trailer
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 Trailer Oct 4, 2013, 18:43 Narf2029

I'm just short of 200 hours in Payday 2 and it's still fun to me. It's had rough updates, and one or two colossally rough updates, but its current state is excellent.

I do agree that they should stop doing these poorly made videos and put the money and effort into more missions. I feel confident enough that the cut heists will get added in later. It'd be a boldly dick move to charge for them, and if they do charge for them I'll wait until a holiday or summer sale on Steam.

Whatever happens in the future, nearly 200 hours is a lot of enjoyment for $30. I haven't even played TF2 that much.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 2, 2013, 08:08 Narf2029

I googled myself once and discovered I was a black man accused of an armed robbery. I was also a white college student who had been killed in a bar brawl a couple weeks prior.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 13:47 Narf2029

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 11:58:
When I worked for Lowes, I'd occasionally help out with delivery, which included removing old units (fridges, washer/dryers). Removed a 50 year old Maytag that finally gave up the goat. Replaced with a Whirlpool with a 2 year warranty.

They don't make them like they use to.

You know that's right. My parents have a Craftsman push lawnmower that's like 30 years old that hasn't had oil in it for over 15 years and it still runs smooth. Try that on a mower today. Hell, try finding a mower in a store today that'll even work half that long.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 28, 2013, 23:47 Narf2029

Porting to PC won't sell more XBones either...  

1572 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo