Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Narf2029

Real Name Narf2029   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Narf2029
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 4, 2001, 03:12
Total Comments 1604 (Pro)
User ID 11815

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 8, 2015, 19:46 Narf2029

Most cops are not cruising around looking for someone to shoot. They get a fraction of a second to decide whether or not the thing that dumb college kid whipped out of his pocket in a hurry is a phone or a gun. That decision is not always going to be accurate but if it really is a gun there's no time for double checking. Now the phone case looks like a gun and that's obviously going to affect that extremely quick decision making process. We just had an officer killed here recently because sometimes that thing you can't identify with 100% certainty in a split second is in fact a gun.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter
4. Re: Blade & Soul Coming West This Winter May 20, 2015, 13:55 Narf2029

If one generic eastern MMO doesn't take, wait a while and try another? "I don't understand. We keep trying the same things and they don't work."  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 12, 2015, 15:26 Narf2029

I hope she does win her lawsuit. My company is trying to do the same thing with our vehicles and phones. I've always maintained that using company resources for personal use is bad even if and especially if the company says it's ok. I was already in a position where I don't need the vehicle or phone while I'm off the clock, but a lot of my coworkers can't afford an alternative.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Apr 24, 2015, 18:06 Narf2029

The whole thing is a legal powderkeg. If the SKSE guys did the same thing as FNIS this whole paid mod idea would pretty much grind to a halt.

edit: Whoops, now you can't access the discussions page of a paid mod unless you own it. Nothing shady going on here.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2015, 18:20.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
43. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 17:11 Narf2029

This situation also begs the question: how much support will be given to these paid mods? Will future changes and updates to the mod be included, or will the modder release a new version with a new price tag? Considering how much money the modders will actually take home in this setup, I'm inclined to believe in the latter.  

40. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 16:45 Narf2029

So how much of a cut do SKSE and FNIS and other similar utilities get? I would wager most if not all of the mods that have price tags now rely on one or more such utility to even function in Skyrim. I can't think of a single mod that doesn't need SKSE if it makes more than basic changes to the game.  

35. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 16:22 Narf2029

It's kind of a clever move by Bethesda to allow this. Their games have always relied on the work of others to make them complete and functional, but now they have found a way to make money off of it as well.  

32. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:58 Narf2029

I'm not worried a whole lot. All this does is shorten a game's life. If I want to mod a game, I'll find free mods. If there aren't any free mods that do what I want, the game goes on the shelf for a few months or more while I play any of a hundred things I own but have yet to try. I love Skyrim but the free things I have now are more than enough.

Wait until these modders get a taste of reality. First, a lot of them are going to be shocked at how small their cut of the action is. Second, and probably most important, if people are going to pay for a mod they are going to expect it to work flawlessly the first time. They are going to be a lot less tolerant of excuses. When a patch comes down and breaks that mod, customers are going to expect that to be fixed in a matter of hours, not days or weeks. When a mod is released with any bugs, people who paid for it are going to latch onto those bugs like stink on shit and rate that mod into the ground. Give this system a couple months and no sane solo modder will charge for their work.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 10, 2015, 22:28 Narf2029

Should always cancel comm services at a brick and mortar store. If you're trying to browbeat them into giving you a better rate, call support. If you want to cancel, go where the employees are paid diddly, give them your equipment and you'll have your service shut off before you can even make it to your car. The people at the store don't make anywhere near the kind of money it takes to care if a customer stays or goes.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 22:57 Narf2029

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 22:07:
Fuck every dev who does this. And the ones who do it multiple times a game should be fucked sideways with a chainsaw-studded semi-trailer.

Definitely my least favorite part of the Missing Link bit. At least you could avoid losing everything with the Namir fight but nope, Missing Link just takes it all away until you get back to the proper game. One could look at it as an opportunity to respec but other than hacking analyze and maybe some stealth awareness abilities there's not much in the way of useless skills to shed. And it always happens at a set point in the game. It's not like you can just up and do it whenever you want and they take away everything to balance it for that.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Get to Work Announced
2. Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work Announced Feb 4, 2015, 21:57 Narf2029

Hang on, weren't doctor and scientist basic careers in the other 3?  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Feb 3, 2015, 17:31 Narf2029

LittleMe wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 22:29:
Blue you're not allowed to say "Super Bowl". Well only legally but the NFL lawyer mafia thinks otherwise. Did I just say it? Oh wait..

Apparently if you say Super Bowl and it's not related to a contest run by someone other than the NFL, you can say Super Bowl. If you're just talking about the Super Bowl, you can say Super Bowl all you want. Super Bowl Super Bowl Super Bowl.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 28, 2015, 19:23 Narf2029

It's not really a shock. People have been calling 911 when their cable goes out for pretty much as long as either have been around.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 28, 2015, 19:22 Narf2029

I should have known better by how long Starbound took to get to any kind of release, but I pretty much have no hope that they will ever finish it.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Gender Assumptions Dec 29, 2014, 23:44 Narf2029

It's also fair to assume the professor is male because typically it's old men who complain about things like this.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 23, 2014, 16:37 Narf2029

The modem rate hike doesn't come as a shock. I was afraid of stuff like that ever since the proposed merger with Comcast and as soon as Cincinnati Bell got fiber in my area I jumped right on it. The problem is that until Cincinnati Bell became an option, there was no other option.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2014, 13:04 Narf2029

Pigeon wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 12:55:
Unfortunately people make rhetoric informed decisions when voting instead of behavior informed.

That's being generous and optimistic. "I'm going to vote for this guy because I've heard of him." "I'm going to vote for this guy because he's hot." "I'm going to vote for this guy because people keep telling me voting is important but my favorite TV show is going to be on in 15 minutes." And just wait until the next presidential election. The American people will vote in a Republican, no matter what his or her opinions and policies will be, because Obama is a Democrat. At best, the public can be expected to knee-jerk in the opposite direction and that's just because of presidential term limits. If not for term limits, the White House would be just like Congress - everyone hates Congress, their approval rating is in the teens, and yet we still re-elect the same people almost every single time.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2014, 12:40 Narf2029

It's funny that the transparency of the internet age has just made politicians blatantly corrupt instead of skulking around in the shadows. Still just as corrupt, if not more so, but the proof is literally all around us and the overwhelming majority of people simply don't care. This is a country where nobody likes a guy and nobody has liked him for 20 years yet he's been in the House of Representatives for 18 of those 20 years.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 8, 2014, 10:05 Narf2029

S2 is built like a tank. I've dropped mine dozens of times onto tile floors and pavement and all I have to show for it is a small crack in the side and a tiny nick in the corner of the screen. Too bad it's starting to fall behind the hardware curve.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2014, 23:30 Narf2029

I love this whole anti-vaccine thing going around. It's evolution in action. I'm just waiting for the article in which some American mother is crying a river because her child got polio or something and doctors said there's no cure, and hey why didn't you get your child vaccinated? I don't see how it isn't a crime or automatically an excluding pre-existing condition for health insurance.  

1604 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo