Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loonybomber

Real Name loonybomber   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname unaloony
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Deathbunnies; Killer Klowns; 51st Squad; Zergs; BF109k-1943; Little Gray Associates; amygdala; unaloony; unAfr4y3d; loon; unBSD, UFO.
Homepage http://www.untls.net/
Signed On Nov 21, 2001, 03:28
Total Comments 283 (Amateur)
User ID 11674

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
117. RE: No Polls Jan 30, 2004, 05:57 unaloony

This forum should not be used for assembling votes through polls or participating in petitions in furtherance of the political agendas of persons unafiliated with this site.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

116. No Polls Jan 30, 2004, 05:54 unaloony

This forum should not be used for voting on matters to further the political agenda of persons unafiliated with this site.

109. 2020 - Lays Jan 29, 2004, 23:55 unaloony

I was thinking of Frito Lay's Potatoe Chips in reference to http://www.fortune.com/fortune/technology/articles/0,15114,582584,00.html (Just theirs?)
and from the perspective presented in http://www.sfbay.indymedia.org/news/2004/01/1668586.php (doing something about it?)
Frito Lays just makes me think of monocrop soil resource exploitative potatoe extration governed not by the needs of the public interest, but, by the bottom line economic needs of shareholders trading on options lots. Sorry, no offense to Blue or other Frito Lays consumers .. I lived in teh Upper East Side for eight years and I know its easy to forget about the quality of our environment before my parents brought me out here to finish high school for develop ementally challenged people. I just like the way your playing computer all the time and not out wasting more resources or even if it prevents you from riding around in a foucking jetski a little bit.
): . , ; : ! | \/*

75. Life in 2020 Jan 29, 2004, 18:56 unaloony

Well shoot ... if things are going to be so grim in 2020, I doubt it will make much difference if Blue eats Lays chips instead of organic kettle chips. But, can't say Blue lacks taste if he only cooks with Sam Adams.

There was a geek test here the other day ... er, the electronic kind of geek. Kids were posting their scores. I got an 8 out of 10, BTW. But, I looked up one of the answers that I got right to find out what Knoppix was. Whoa!. For people that missed the reference to Knoppix, here it is:

http://www.knoppix.net/

As far as badgers go, I don't think it rises to the level of 'all your base' because 'all your base' is like a graffiti tag by persons proactively rebelling against Bush led american capitalism wheras the badger phenomenon is a satire of the simplification of american consumers. 'Badgers' reduce the american (or Tony Blair supporting British) experience to stupidly dancing puppets with primitive polarized pleasure (mushroom) and pain (snakes) intellectual capacity. It's funny for a bit, but, if you watch www.badgerbadgerbadger.com, for example, for the full 45-48 minutes until the ending sequence, you will begin to realize that you are being duped. It's pretty obvious badgers will go the way of little marshmello bunnies just based on the fact that most people can't stand badger flash long enough to watch the ending.

In regards todays Girl/Bottle discussion, should we be debating whether there was supposed to be an apostophe somewhere in girls?

25. re: question Jan 19, 2004, 17:25 unaloony

The general standard for trademark/copyright infringement is whether the consumer would be confused by the name into thinking that products/services are offered by the company with the allegedly infringed name. There is some Federal US decisional law that says that sound-alike names do not infringe unless the spelling is so close, and presented in a way that consumers would not catch mispelling. MikeRoweSoft.com is basically a name used in 'print', not spoken out over the radio, so consumers probably would not be confused by how the name sounds, as used in teh course of business, and, can readily observe that 'MikeRoweSoft' is different than 'Microsoft'.
In the field of trademark/copyright law, there are also rules/exceptions dealing with good faith and legitimate business purposes. There is a well-developed line of cases that say that shifts the burden of proof on the infringed to show that a persons proper name has been used for improper purposes -- you basically have the right to use your proper name in a business name unless some other popular/well-known business in the community has been doing business with the same proper name for so long that that other business name is the equivalent of a common word used in ordinry conversation. [Joe MacDonald's v. MacDonalds; Colonel Saunders v. Kernel Sanders, yadda yadda.] Courts distinguish people doing business under a name that they have assumed or used in connection with business which happens to sound like or resemeble another name, and, persons who make up a name in order to gain the benefits of association with another name. Courts will look to the utility of the name and make their determination of infringment upon whether the parts of the name are reasonably related to your legitimate business uses. Here, you got a software/computer related business and you have a legitimate business purpose of adding teh word 'soft' to your name in a domain name so that persons doing businss will know that it's your software business.
I think most intellectual property lawyers would tell you -- based soley on the facts presented -- that microsoft does not have a strong legal claim for infringement against MikeRoweSoft.
Trouble is, Microsoft operates on a totally different economy of scale and corporate rational. MS may not be that interested in the amount of business it loses from your business (because its negligible -- or MS would spend more on a claim than MikeRoweSoft could ever cause MS), but, MS might be interested in creating an impression amongs potential competitors that any use of business names remotely infringing microsoft will be prosecuted by microsoft. In other words, MS might think it has a lot to gain making sure that people think about using names that resemeble 'microsoft' before people ever actually put the names into use. For whatever reasons, MS might think 'mikerowesoft' would be a good precedential case for microsoft and would be willing to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars into the litigation. It could just overwhelm you, force you spend (minimally) tens of thousands of dollars for attorneys, drawing proceedings out over at least a few years, threaten multiple writs and appeals, and then force you to sign a settlement that limits your use of mikerowesoft. Your attorney might file a Racketeering and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) cross complaint that MS's tactics are for ulterior purposes and bad faith business purposes, telling you that you might recieve a couple hundred billion dollars as punitive damages against MS. In the mean time, you might mortage your home and spend the kids college savings while your wife begins to take interest in your attorney. When the fall comes, and your attorney takes one half the judgment as fees and your wife the other for her alimony, you might wind up losing more during the time that you waste defending MikeRoweSoft.

28. Tech TV Jan 16, 2004, 20:08 unaloony

8, despite the misleading/trick questions and incorrect answers.
Hey anyone got the answers to the Special Forces exam in America's Army? People on teh game supported web sites are soo unhelpful but there's nothing wrong with people giving out the answers, eg. (1. a, 2. b, 3. a, etc.) especially when it wouldn't violate laws in real life, unlike the stuff hardcore sim's are into. Please e-mail me answers to special forces exam in americas army!!!!
P.S. Here's an MJ umbrella photo: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040116/photos_en/mdf448637 ... think he's using it to make himself appear bigger to scare away mountain liions?

85. re. clueless Jan 16, 2004, 00:14 unaloony

Enhas (that's pronounced like Enya the singer, right?), your correct that this forum shouldn't be used for namecalling or that namecalling would be tolerated here. But, everything else, you were wrong. First, people, especially people who's enjoyment of freedom stems from confining and torturing rats and rabbits, need to question why we are beign provided some information by the media while other issues are overlooked.
Ya gotta stop letting blue do your thinking for you and think for yourself. I can tell ur a real genuios by the way you posted how security's so tight where you work and then gave out enough clues for clever thinking PETA folks to locate the precise address where you engage in your acts of animal cruelty in teh name of science. You should be ascared!
As for Wal-Mart, it's like not eating tic-taks if the plastic cases aren't being recycled .. sometimes you just gotta stop doing things for the sake of the environment/world/future. It's called Kharma. You will come back as a cockroach in the next life unless you start living well.

65. WTF Sham OTB?? Jan 15, 2004, 19:02 unaloony

Blue didn't post my OTB submission of a Lord of the Rings parody, http://flash.bushrecall.org/ . I guess it's becomming clear to folks that Blue is a conservative republican because, or at least insofar as, more and more readers have taken it upon themselves to provide more meaningful content in posted comments. Not that Im knocking what was posted for today's OTB: (1) Segways are friggen/fooking/focking/fucking kick-da-bomb ass cool, (2) Live Action CS is fun way to hang out with little boys (I would especially enjoy r4ping little Mr. Blair Witch Boy), and (3), spiders rock!
Some other comments from today should have been on OTB (who reads antying else anyway?), like the links to pages about keeping spiders as pets: http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/ http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/spider/wandering.htm
BTW while Brown Recluses do like to hang out near your boys in the outhouse (the kind ya flush with sawdust), but they can kill without needing to bite a sensitive region ... their poison basically kills tissue slowly .. making flesh gangrenous .. sores fester and do not heal .. I know a guy who lost a foot after getting bit by a brown recluse underneath his house .. he was out in the county and just thought he could deal with a little painful bite for a few days until the swelling went down. http://www.brownreclusespider.net/BitePhotos.htm <== not for the squemish!!

65. Dante's Inferno Jan 12, 2004, 16:18 unaloony

Yeah 'very high' at sixth level too. I think it's fixed, er, rigged.

33. tic toc, tic toc, tacky tic tac toc Jan 8, 2004, 15:22 unaloony

I like the way Blue pokes fun at advertising and corporate culture by sarcastically discussing trash pushed down consumer's throats like tic-tacs. His discussion of new v. old coke and new sized tic-taks is a delicate and subtle reminder that we should be chewing ginger root and pine sap cultivated in our backyards. Kudos to Blue.
One thing he neglected to mention is if all the discarded tic-tac cases from one year were piled in a single landfill, they would take up 96,000 cubic tons -- that's enough to fill both the Yankee Stadium and the Houston Astrodome, and, take up as much energy to produce as the entire Sears Tower uses in a day!

25. Don't Bother w/ Petition Dec 22, 2003, 23:19 unaloony

Don't bother reading the petition. Today on blues, there's non-game related corporate america music industry advertisement, no blues logo and a big link to UGO corporate america game industry web site featuring 'double-agent' she-he males. Play time is a re-run from last christmas. On the other hand, etc has some decent articles about the gaming industry and there's some decent reviews.
Stop the ads. Send blue money!

15. Captured Saddam doll Dec 18, 2003, 16:15 unaloony

Here's a perfect counterpart to the captured saddam doll, a lying bush doll: http://www.praesentia.us/archives/dishonestdubya.html

And there's more: http://www.kaicurry.com/gwbush/remindus.swf

and on an unrelated note: http://www.spanishcastle.com/justplanefun/dogfight.html

33. Ooops! Sorry Sharon!!! Dec 15, 2003, 16:47 unaloony

Hey, Sorry Sharon. My bad. Ran that oops link from work where they don't have quicktime and windows media player only played the first couple minutes. Boy, am I glad I left work early and figured it out at home. It it's funny & irreverent .. perfect OTB material. Tks.

32. Ooops! Better Place for Pop-Ups? Dec 15, 2003, 16:40 unaloony

I'm begginning to get really annoyed with those floating pop up advertisements. Not just on blues news, but everywhere, they cover up text and generally have tiny close buttons suspended, more often than not, over some other hyperlink. I'd rather the pop-ups open a new browser window so you can close them with browser api -- or at least bury them for later. Once in a while is ok, but, everyday?
Hey Frans, how about a 'blues news supporter' option where if you send blue $5.00 a year, you have the option of turning off ads?
Yeah, I run junkbuster, but only with mozilla, which I don't want to have to run as my default browser.
And what's the deal, Sharon, with Oops!? I just don't get it .. Educated gamers don't need overly opinionated radio talk shows to form their own independent political/social opinions and there's nothing intrinsically funny or irreverent about that media clip if ya didn't know it sounds kinda like some other radio talk show. It just sounds like some lame chick is saying she knows someone loves her because she gets love letters. If I want that kinda crap, I'll turn on Oprah or Dr. Phil, thank you vely much. Wasted half my morning trying to figure out if that media clip was truncated and there was more to it that made it OTB worthy.

55. English Tip # 103 Dec 12, 2003, 19:01 unaloony

When the bank teller told me she had a twelve year old son, I told her that she "looked awfully young" for someone with a 12 year old. It was an intended compliment, but, as you may be able to discern from this example, it's probably prudent to avoid negative adverbial modifiers in a compliment. A positive modifier, such as 'pleasantly', or even a neutral modifier, such as 'surprisingly' in this compliment, for example, would have reduced the possibility for confusion.

30. 100% Transparent Router Dec 11, 2003, 21:26 unaloony

As most things TCP have their roots in UNIX, you can get a pretty good handle on firewall rules to support bi-directional 100% fully transparent routing by viewing UNIX man pages. The IPFW commands are generally all you need to configure a router for trasnparent proxying. See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ipfw&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.1-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html
I've been doing what you have been doing, disconnecting the router and attaching the modem directly to an inside windows box when I want to host, but, have been thinking about a quick script to quickly let inside machines host without disconnecting my firewall. I'm not sure if the comments above re. divert and foward would do the trick, however. Divert simply send packets to a divert port on your router. Forwarding lets you forward packets to a different machine on your inside box, but, "The fwd action does not change the contents of the packet at all. In particular, the destination address remains unmodified, so packets forwarded to another system will usually be rejected by that system unless there is a matching rule on that system to capture them." I'm not sure if you can configure windows to let you accept packets bound to a different address or if you can create an alias ip address that has the same address as your router without creating some kind of conflict.
I think a more sure bet would be to enable VPN on your router. You'd simply tell your clients to create a windows vpn connection to your router (kinda like what kali does) so that as far as your hosting inside box is concerned, outside connections are on your same local network.
Not all routers support VPN (virtual private networking) however. FreeBSD supports VPN and is a great way to make use of outdated computers.
I too would be very interested in knowing if anyone's done this with just divert or forward rules in their firewall rules, without needing to config their host box to accept packets addressed to the router.

70. Something Non-Sinister Plez Nov 22, 2003, 15:01 unaloony

Well I hope Blue is innoculously driving around brooklyn in November on a Harley with a couple chicks on the back and and that he is not now paying his debts in hell for trying to swindle the Devil out of another birthday. Hope he knocked on wood.

54. Meatrix Nov 7, 2003, 03:00 unaloony

So what's with the hairy armpits? How would you know?

Meatrix is a great flash and would be even better if a bored gamer made it for free because it was a good thing to do instead of it being made by an organization.

No need to knock blue just because there is one link one day suggesting americans eat too much factory raised meat .. that's not enough to conclude good ol candy eating soft drink guzzling Blue has become an environmentally concientious steward.

54. Columbus Doll Links Oct 13, 2003, 15:25 unaloony

I saw links for Columbus Dolls but forgot the link. There lots of variations though; "Columbus the Slaver Doll" with a voice chip that says, "With 40 men, we can subjugate these native people and send slaves workers anywhere we want"; A "Viral Columbus" in the 'barbie' vein who wears clothing covered with smallpox infested fleas; a "Greedy Columbus" piggy bank doll, etc.. I think they might have links up at www.democracynow.org or www.vietnamvetsforpeace.org.

59. Excessive Compassion - Revelation Oct 7, 2003, 15:37 unaloony

This is impossible. Mr. Heaslip can't be human. I'm figuring he's a fiction invented by the gaming industry.

283 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo