Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Armed Assault Patches and Server
11. Re: Very Tempting Dec 18, 2006, 15:59 Paranoid Jack

It's going to take a few (edit: I meant a couple) hours since the server seems to be capped at 330Kb/s though we are talking about a Czech server so the distance may be a factor.

Looking forward to some large as life maps.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 16:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Armed Assault Patches and Server
9. Very Tempting Dec 18, 2006, 15:33 Paranoid Jack

I heard it is very "hard-core" you have to qualify for weapons and the like (just like AA). And some say the weapons are almost to accurate. I have the week off and I am getting bored of the beta (too many hours logged already) so I may just take the risk. It's only $43 USD at the current exchange rate not to shabby.

The biggest draw-back for most will be the steep learning curve after play BF games.

Hell at this point there is nothing else I really want game-wise... and I still have a few hundred left on the old company debt card. I'll let you know later today or tomorrow.

I just hope this game has as big a mod community as the previous version had. Hell, the OpF demo itself had huge amounts of mods.

News Comments > Desert Diner Announced
4. Re: No subject Dec 17, 2006, 19:40 Paranoid Jack

"Sounds like little mroe than an ad for PhysX" LoL, could be because that is all is?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Did somebody say Storm Trooper? Dec 16, 2006, 14:05 Paranoid Jack

Jesus... (that's pronounced HeyZeus here in Cali)

I guess the police state is alive and well in most of the world except those areas where insurgents, cartel, and warlords rule the day.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Vanguard Saga of Heroes Dec 16, 2006, 12:41 Paranoid Jack

Holy Shit! Did you see the price on their collector's edition?

$99

And if you read the bonus items list it doesn't look any different than any other game.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Skinny
15. Re: Now its coming all together! Dec 15, 2006, 00:40 Paranoid Jack

If you freeze it it says Memories, it's a menu screen.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rainbow Six: Vegas
2. Re: Is this a port? Dec 14, 2006, 15:39 Paranoid Jack

"lockdown was not too bad"

That is the first time I have heard that from anyone who like the originals. Sometimes people say, "Lockdown was not too good" but usually it's far more descriptive with colourful language to show how much they thought it sucked.

After hearing it from an old Clan-mate or three I avoided Lockdown like the plague. Even so I have a pre-order in for this one and I hope to be pleasantly surprised like I was with GRAW.

News Comments > Alien RPG Announced
37. Re: No subject Dec 13, 2006, 20:44 Paranoid Jack

"I felt the same way. While certainly not Bioware's best work, I did enjoy KOTOR 1... and I couldn't stand the sequel. Everybody talks about how great it was up until the end... I probably played an hour of it before never touching my friend's xbox again. Booooring."

That sounds like me except describing my experience with KotoR(1). I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but I just could not get into it. I tried twice. First at launch and then a year or so later... both times I felt the world was just to shallow and sterile.

I meant to give it another (third) try but I gave it to my brothers son because he is a huge Star Wars fan and needed another game.

I'm thinking of trying Jade Empire (PC) but not sure I want to if it's in the same mold as KotoR.

As afar as Aliens the RPG it could be good and I hope the setting is on a future Earth (or another planet) after the population uses WMD to kill off living hosts for the face-huggers.

So it could be a PA world like Fallout but much farther in the future. With the few survivors of the human race fighting the few surviving Aliens hunting them for use as hosts to breed.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance 3
8. Re: Finger crossed Dec 12, 2006, 20:18 Paranoid Jack

Steroid, what game is that you are reviewing? S2 or BE5?

I have seen mostly positive reviews at the retail sites but have not visited the official forums. Every positive reviewer has stated how it is the best turn-based tactical game or compared it to JA and/or S2. If the AI in Brigade E5 is what you are talking about please let me know. I have stopped playing NWN2 because of the AI, hoping to see a patch soon.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Vegas Patch
9. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2006, 16:11 Paranoid Jack

EB told me it would be in stores tomorrow the 13th as well. So somebody pick it up and let us know what you think...

News Comments > Gearbox & Obsidian on Aliens?
21. Re: Hmmm Dec 12, 2006, 09:58 Paranoid Jack

Just think of the possibilities of an Aliens RPG? If they do it justice it will be huge...

If one of your troops gets a face-hugger attached to his cranium you have to kill'em right? Since there was no way to remove them due to the acid blood.

Edit:

"As a direct result of Fox's efforts over the past 27 years, Alien has become one of the most recognized franchises in the motion picture industry"

If this doesn't make you feel old... but has it been 27 years since the first? Double checked and it was '79 for the first and '86 for the second movie. Damn!

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 10:17.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance 3
6. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2006, 09:46 Paranoid Jack

Did anyone buy (or play) Brigade E5? I had it in my hands at EB the other day. But since I have yet to finished (or even get the feeling I am done with) Gothic 3, NWN2, and Nightfall I didn't think it was a wise purchase. Not to mention the MMO Beta I'm in (which is taking up all my gaming time) so I figured it would just sit there collecting dust. I hope to try it out another time. Customer ratings are fairly good but critics are slamming it.

On a side note there are at least two (or three) other games that are in development that are playing off the whole JA's "spiritual successor" angle. I think two actually had the JA name at one point until the rug got pulled out from under them.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movie, Date
15. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2006, 11:32 Paranoid Jack

I don't have an "official" list but these are just a couple I remember besides the few listed already.

- One large continuous game-world, gone. Zones are used now with load screens.

- Prone position for character play purposes, gone. (I hope leaning around corners is still in but not sure anymore.)

- The "required" eating and sleeping, gone. They were requited to prevent fatigue. Not sure you even have to eat anymore but I bet if you can it is only to replenish health or get a temp buff of some type. I know they wasted time putting in a drunk effect if you drink Vodka. But I think the drinking of Vodka to prevent radiation sickness is also, gone.

- The AI Stalkers going about their business and competing with you... possibly even finishing the games main quest if you screw around too long. Oh, yeah... gone. Not that I believed it even all those years ago when they put out the media statement about the feature.

- The vehicles, but not just the vehicles... the maintaining the vehicles and scrounging fuel and parts to keep them running, gone.

So basically most of the features that would have made this a very interesting horror survival sim/cRPG are all gone. Now it is just a shooter which I haven't bought for years. It still has some possibilities but I am not convinced they will help them over the negative backlash after all those years of ultra hype and delays.

I wish I had kept an accurate list because I think there are at least another half dozen features that met with the bean-counters axe of reality +3. But I gave up about two years ago. What little hope I had has died. Now we just sit back and wait to see... is this the next Diakatana?

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 12:01.

News Comments > Crysis Delayed
15. Re: No subject Dec 7, 2006, 09:57 Paranoid Jack

Since Engrish is not his native language although I think he is doing quite well. Hell, half of the less than brilliant people I deal with on a day to day basis have worse language skillz....

As far as the game goes I've watched several movies but I still don't know what all the fuss is about. I realize they are adding some really nice game-play features but the sci-fi stuff didn't impress me.

If there is a link to any footage where you can actually flash freeze a tropical environment (or an body of water) and use the broken shards to kill your enemies (as was written in a preview) please post a link, thanks.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. D'oH! Dec 6, 2006, 22:17 Paranoid Jack

"an interview with the bug-eyed actor about several topics"

Now that wasn't very nice, Blue. Just because he is different doesn't mean you should make fun of him.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Robbery Suspect Shot Dec 5, 2006, 01:42 Paranoid Jack

I hope he enjoyed the crappy PS3 launch titles while he could. It truly sounds like the next best thing to instant karma to me. Don't want to sound cold but I am sick of mean self centered rude as hell people everywhere I go. Seems everybody thinks they are "special". So that entitles them to steal, rape, kill, run red lights, speed through school zones, drink and drive (sometimes all three at once), beat their kids (raising another generation of criminals), live/leeching off the system, and/or just being a total pain in the ass. All the while lying about everything if it will help them continue the cycle.

Yeah, it is sad it end this way. But he brought it upon himself. Off to hell with you...

Edit: The other day was a banner day. Went to hook up a line at a cops house. He tried to bribe me. I told him $20 really was not worth my $75,000 a year job.
This comment was edited on Dec 5, 01:46.

News Comments > Subscription Free ArchLord
5. The Kiss of Death Dec 5, 2006, 01:18 Paranoid Jack

Every-time a newly or fairly new MMOG is released and goes into free anything it means trouble.

Free ArchLord? No thanks. Beta Tested briefly was not impressed, uninstalling, and sacrificing a chicken. Bad mojo I tell you!

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 01:23.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Games take on books. Dec 1, 2006, 00:34 Paranoid Jack

... "and they've hired Steve Nix (Ritual, Fleetwood Mac) as Director of Business Development."

I think Blue has been smoking a bit... or maybe a little drinky drinky? Stevie Nicks was in Flletwood Mac not Steve Nix.

News Comments > Armed Assault German Patch
6. Re: For Czech version as well Nov 30, 2006, 21:28 Paranoid Jack

Thanks Strango, so you are saying if we import a version we can hack it to an English version?

Has anyone here done it?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Wii Nov 29, 2006, 22:46 Paranoid Jack

Fatigue and sweat may be a factor but that cord looks very cheap. Funny shit I think...

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo