Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1731 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Gears of War PC... Eventually
8. Re: Pass Feb 15, 2007, 00:37 Paranoid Jack

"Halo was a big seller on PC"

Huh? It was? What are we calling a big seller now?

I also agree and would bet big money on the fact M$ paid them for a specific 360 exclusive time frame. Then they will announce it is being ported over to PC and how close to done they are. But since Halo was a two year exclusive by the time Gears hits PC everybody will be yawning while reading that news flash.

Besides we already have R6V that has as good or better game-play minus the monsters. Plus GRAW 2 is coming soon which will most likely inherit a lot of R6V's game-play style but in the Ghost Recon setting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2007, 10:46 Paranoid Jack

What the hell? Did Tweakboy change his name or has fredrickson joined the hammiestudio club?

I think they are all one in the same.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. STALKER Feb 10, 2007, 13:03 Paranoid Jack

I was hoping the beta coming soon to Fileplanet was actually the single-player but it makes more sense that it is the multi-player component.

After reading their emphasis on reality in physics I am looking forward to this beta. Though I doubt they will capture the feeling of team based games like RvS I am still hopefully.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
20. Re: Well... Touched A Nerve? Feb 5, 2007, 10:47 Paranoid Jack

I guess we... the poor idiot regular people... will never understand or know the sheer brilliance of the writers covering the games industry today.

you could always just cry yourself to sleep.. that may work for you

either that or grab an uzi and go postal - i mean, its about fucking time someone stood up to those goddamn games industry writers!!

Huh? I'm sorry didn't know you write (review/preview) games for the industry. Didn't mean to offend or hit a nerve. Or are you saying you disagreeing? Because from where I sit 80% or so of games reviews/previews are not very well done. But don't fret there will be no crying here.

Hope you can say the same after buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. And I would have been right there with you. Not going to beta test until I sample it via a demo. Then maybe. But still not going to be any crying. Just my normal sarcasm.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
14. Well... Feb 5, 2007, 02:11 Paranoid Jack

It's not just the media whores on the net either. CGM or what is now call Games for Windows spent a whole preview article about Stalker reviewing their trip to the real-life Chernobyl and about a paragraph of that was rehashed info about the game that we have all know about for more than five years now. I kid you not...

I guess we... the poor idiot regular people... will never understand or know the sheer brilliance of the writers covering the games industry today.

News Comments > BF2142 Beta
1. BF2142 Beta? Feb 2, 2007, 20:48 Paranoid Jack

Oh, I thought they were announcing that it had finally reached the beta stage. My, bad!

Well hopefully it will soon...

News Comments > White Council in Gray Area
7. Fred is Dead? Sweet! Feb 2, 2007, 09:49 Paranoid Jack

I was going to right down his address and ask if we had regulars visiting the site who could go by his address and beat the snot out of him for the years of retarded trolling & spamming he has bestowed upon us all.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Patch
12. AI the Achilles' Heel Jan 31, 2007, 10:14 Paranoid Jack

"Finally, the AI is still horribly stupid."

Everything you said was spot on. The AI was the killer for me. I put the game aside a week or so after release in the hopes that one of the patches will address the AI issues.

It's a D&D game so it is actually a turn-based game run in real-time with pause. I think they could have avoided the single-player AI issues if they would have allowed players to go full turn-based as soon as combat begins. Or have settings which allowed the player to determine when they wish the game to switch into TB.

As it is when switching between AI to puppet like control it seems you always lose a turn or two as your party members just sit there and the game adjusts to the changes in control scheme. Or at times they just sit there even after repeatedly issuing orders for them to attack or cast.

Most definitely some broken AI that should have allowed a better transition between the AI controlling and player control the party members.

Other than that the game was good. I enjoyed what time I spent playing but I still feel negative due to the fact I don't wish to continue on with the AI in it's current state.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Vista wow. Jan 30, 2007, 10:12 Paranoid Jack

After seeing the price tag and reading so many negatives I think we got another PS3 on our hands.

No seriously. I read the upgrade version will not install on a wiped hard-drive so you have to put it over the top of XP. Not a good idea for those who can manage anything else.

Also the word is still out but some say M$ is attempting to keep you from migrating your Vista copy from an old machine onto a newly built one. If that is true they are nailing their own coffin shut as we speak.

Did you see that the Korean government has advised their citizens to avoid Vista for at least a year? Funny shit...

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 10:12.

News Comments > Site Seeing
10. A Shill or a Shithead? Jan 30, 2007, 09:55 Paranoid Jack

"I think tweakboy is a shill"

His comments are all short, mostly stupid, and usually off topic. Besides his link there isn't much of an advertisement. But maybe he is growing into his roll?

I did notice Awesome Spume never posted a response after I pointed out tweak & him both used the same sig. So like fred-zeph I think there are a few people with multiple personality posting disorder. I have grown accustomed to just skipping their posts...

As far as STALKER my dying flame of hope has rekindled though ever-so slightly. I wish they'd drop the dots too, lets start a petition.

The previews sound just like I imagined the game four years ago minus the vehicles and other axed features. They mentioned it doesn't feel like your typical FPS and that is my biggest worry. Not that I want it to play like your typical FPS. I just don't want the character movement to feel awkward which is what I gathered from watching the videos for all these years.

I have to assume a demo will be put out before or slightly after the release. Either way I think I am most likely going to take a wait and see approach. Unless there just isn't anything exciting on my hard-drive at the time and then I may jump off the pier before reading some user reviews and message boards.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 10:03.

News Comments > Age of Conan Movie
2. Nice Jan 23, 2007, 21:52 Paranoid Jack

I was thinking LotR Online was the best looking (as far as over-all graphics) MMOG so far but after seeing that tease in 720 I am thinking Conan is looking even better. Hoping the game play is tight.

News Comments > WoW: Burning Crusade on Fire
35. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2007, 21:28 Paranoid Jack

"heh... My Rogue, Priest, Lock and Warrior are all Undead... Cannabilize is great, as is Will of the Forsaken (in PVP), and the Undead starting area beats all, but I wish I'd made some of those classes Orcs instead.

However, I don't like the Orc/Troll starting area that much..."

I agree the Undead starting area is one of the best. The Orc/Troll area is the worst. The Draenei start is the best so far if you ask me. Problem is they are now the second Alliance race to have shaman as a class and it seems 75% of people are creating a Draenei Shaman due to the racial healing ability. I made a shammy because I never have before. I wanted to try something new. It's very well rounded. I created a Blood Elf Priest also, never had a priest either.

I am loving the add-on but the only thing that has me scratching my head is a normal expansion from any other developer adds a month to your subscription just by purchasing the add-on. But Burning Crusade didn't. Is it just my account or is Blizzard getting greedy as hell?

Edit: Didn't they release some unconfirmed info that Blizzard has a yearly add-on planned?

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 21:38.

News Comments > Gold - Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
27. Another Coincidence? Jan 19, 2007, 23:12 Paranoid Jack

Awesome Spume wrote:

Good catch Razerious.

I had this game pre-ordered then I had to cancel my CC cos it got pwned somehow (a $30 charge appeared for 2 months from out of nowhere. Kinda glad to change it since I've had the same CC number for about 12 years online.) probably won't bother getting it now. Beta testers are there for a reason and it's not all about the company making the game.

http://www.hammiestudios.com
Free Full Album MP3 Download!

tweakboy wrote in another thread:

Everyone needs to say Asta La Vista ,, to uncle billy and his vista os, soo many bugs,

http://www.hammiestudios.com
Free Full Album MP3 Download!

Anyone else seeing the resemblance?

Edit: To say every MMOG has had launch problems is like saying the sky is up or the earth is round. WoW's launch problems were on a whole new level. They were selling so many copies they actually stopped the sales briefly so that they could try to catch up with the server demand/overload and get more servers up and running before putting more games on the shelf.

Vanguard may be a good or even a great game but in it's current state nobody but the masochistic will ever know. I had more bugs in thirty minutes of trying to play than I could ever forgive.

I've beta tested dozens of games since starting with the Ultima Online beta. I have seen rough starts and rough launches. Most of us have. This is way beyond that.

When you have a 7900 GT CO and the game looks like the original EQ that is a problem. But even more so is the overwhelming number of bugs, the stiff and ugly as hell animations... oh, forget it. The game is in a sad state if you think buying it and paying to beta will make it a better game someday knock yourself out. It may even be rewarding in someway, who knows.

I'm sorry. I wanted to like this game. But it's like taking that cute girl you like out on a date only to have her get violently drunk and puke all over you as you're taking her sorry sick ass home.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 23:30.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Buzz/Barry/Devil Combo Shopper Jan 19, 2007, 22:55 Paranoid Jack

I bet they got me listed as the Buzz, Barry, & Devil Shopper. I always ask questions about games they don't have on the shelf a week or two after release day then leave because they are too stupid to stock them.

Though I don't have anything as good as your forklift driving moron story... I did buy a wireless router and three wireless cards. Get them home and installed only to find I couldn't get access to the router. I was wondering why the shrink wrap on the router looked a bit off and one corner of the box was torn inside the wrap. The fucking thing had some other buyers password on it so I couldn't set it up until I wiped it clean and started from scratch.

I used the crap for about three (close to four) weeks. And would have kept it but my daughters kept having issues with the wireless card not seeing the router even though it had a 50% signal strength. I got tired of the complaints so I return all the crap to BestBuy and told them it worked like shit and I didn't appreciate them selling me a used item at new prices.

I reinstalled my old router converted the phone jacks to ethernet ports and have never looked back.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas Patch
1. D'oh! Jan 16, 2007, 12:33 Paranoid Jack

Is the patch that makes the game...

Ha, this game is a blast not sure I like the on-line action as much as the previous version (RvS) but the single-player is worth the price of admission alone.

News Comments > WoW Expansions: Present and Future
10. Major Geek Fest Jan 16, 2007, 03:57 Paranoid Jack

Just got the Exp and installed after braving the geek-fest at EB Games here in town. I was shocked to see more than a hundred people from all walks of life it appeared.

The GameStop is on the mall so no mid-night opening for them but they brought all pre-orders that were paid in full to EB Games and released them there.

The two managers claimed to have sold close to 300 copies (combined Reg & CE) between the stores.

Several people walking out with as many as three CE copies. I figured there would be a one per customer policy but I guess there was no such rule in effect. Watch out E-Bay.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: No subject Jan 12, 2007, 20:02 Paranoid Jack

Huh?

Cingular(SBC & Bell South) didn't buy AT&T Wireless that was SBC alone. Then SBC bought AT&T Long Distance and then AT&T the company. Changing from SBC to at&t (the new at&t). AT&T (the old had/has little to do with it).

After buying all three parts of AT&T, SBC now at&t set out to buy Bell South who own a huge (major) part of Cingular which was seven or eight companies that combined roughly four or five years ago.

So the "new" at&t owns most if not all of Cingular and the AT&T brand (company and all) so they are changing names to a world wide recognized brand.

News Comments > WoW Larger Than 145 Countries
54. 8 million and rising Jan 11, 2007, 22:35 Paranoid Jack

All the media loving Blizzard is getting (and giving) is just going to make this number go up. Our local EB is opening at 10:30 pm on the fifteenth for a huge geek-fest. There will be a raffle for a collectors edition or something like that. Plus a WoW Card Game tourney.

And I have half a mind (well that goes without saying) to go get my copy at 12:01 just to be a part of the event. This shit is going to go down in history!

What I want to know is how many millions of copies did they produce for day one sales? And will this add-on at $40/$70 set new records for sales?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
8. Re: How many F'ing Patches?!? Jan 9, 2007, 20:30 Paranoid Jack

A friend (well lets call him that for the lack of a better word at the moment) put the WoW crack-pipe back in front of me. Well not only did he put it in my face he took a big hit off it first... I'm back in the game.

Went to the local EB yesterday and the manager told me they stopped taking pre-orders for the CE at 18 units. She wouldn't tell me how many regular copies they have ordered but since they are opening up at mid-night (or earlier) on the 15th (she claimed) it must be a whole lot.

On a related EB topic... I told her about the door-man at BestBuy. He claimed they got 56 PS3s in for the New Year's Day sale and sold more than 30 already. She told me "He is full of shit". Her EB has had 9 units for more than two weeks and hasn't sold ONE. And the same so called friend in Jersey asked his local EB they told him the same thing... not one PS3 sold in weeks.

That's some bad mojo Sony.

Edit: How $hit $140 in charges after you canceled? That sounds like the old AOL when I used them back in the mid-nineties.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 20:59.

News Comments > Saturday Matinee
5. tHE sUIT & mASOCHISM Jan 7, 2007, 14:10 Paranoid Jack

"That suit is going to be a lot of fun in multiplayer."

I'm not sure it will. But it depends on how they implement the use. And again I'm not following the development so maybe you can enlighten me. I remember hating UT because the players who got that speed power up turned into a blur and were nearly impossible to stop. Now this "suit" looks less like that instance I know but only if the speed boost duration is much shorter like in the videos.

I'll admit the ability to jump high like the old Quake rocket jumping days should make things fun but my fear is they will return DM back to the old days where you needed three or four rockets to kill somebody. Those days are past for me. I enjoy the more realistic approach now like the older R6 games.

And the masochism comes in when I think that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. still might be a good if not great game. Though I will agree waiting for the retail release of DNF is a much better example.

At least now we do have a semi firm date but after the carpets been pulled out from under you so many times who would 100% believe them?

I'm hoping to see some much more detailed in-game videos. Some of the stuff I've seen leaves me less than impressed with the game-play.

Edit: After studying the video a little more it does show him jumping on an enemy's head (and most likely killing him) at 1:37 in. I also noticed the Maximum Speed boost only lasts about three or four seconds. Which is great. But this video almost confirmed my worries about the suit creating a super-soldier who can take a lot of damage and keep on running. Hopefully this will not carry over into multi-player

Wow, I finally pulled my congested head out of my ass and watched "Crysis Official Movie 5". I now have a much better understanding of the game, a new higher interest level, and a desire to purchase it a.s.a.p..

Too many edits and wishing I had got the flu-shot this year.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 15:00.

1731 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo