Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1728 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
40. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 20:12 Paranoid Jack

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:25:
jimnms wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:02:
I wasn't planning to get this on release, but I caved and bought it from GMG a couple of days ago with the 20% off code.
Join the club

Do you get the China add-on maps with the GoG version? I'm thinking about caving and picking it up when I get home.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Dark Eye – Demonicon Livestream Today
3. Re: The Dark Eye – Demonicon Livestream Today Oct 24, 2013, 23:54 Paranoid Jack

The game is out on Steam as of now. But I couldn't find much in the way of gameplay videos so I went to Twitch. What I found is that Twitch is still a huge POS. They can stream your commercial just fine. Soon after that you'll be looking for a spoon to gouge your eyes out with while your video freezes up and show no signs of streaming... over and over again.

This is going to be one huge disaster for Sony come 11/15 since they decided to use Twitch as their streaming service.

As far as the game goes I think I will wait for a sale on Demonicon. Say $10 to $20 range depending on how desperate I am for a new game to play. I've been burned on a few purchases from Kalypso over the past few years. In other words I'm not impressed with the quality of the games they have publishing in recent years.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 20:18 Paranoid Jack

LMAO! Sometimes I wonder if my sense of humor is broken. Or maybe my time overseas made it a bit darker and dryer. Either way thanks to Hellbinder, Cutter, Dmitri.... Hell, thank you all.

Hellbinder, after reading your post I have to ask. Do you own a cell phone, or use a landline, use a local cable provider, or possibly have an Internet connection at your house currently? Because if you're worried the XBOne will monitor you... it will... just like all those other services do. Maybe it takes it too a whole new level. Time will tell.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2013, 22:06.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 3, 2013, 23:44 Paranoid Jack

“We should be slapped” for BF4's unlocks, says creative director.

There fixed it...

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Tom Clancy, 1947-2013 Oct 2, 2013, 21:37 Paranoid Jack

First thing out of my mouth, "ah, man!"

He was a favorite of mine. May he rest in peace.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue?
19. Re: Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue? Oct 2, 2013, 17:13 Paranoid Jack

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 12:50:
Shineyguy wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 11:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 05:11:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 03:17:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 01:43:
BF4 is just fucked now anyway. Tons of people can't even join servers. Origin locks up, BF doesn't start, lots of fun! Oh, and GTA V online doesn't work for me either! Fuck, it's been such a fun day!

I was just hanging at "loading" with a black screen and I could hear stuff going on in the match including voip, if I alt+tab out and then alt+tab in it'll connect proper.

Considering the horrible performance you get in BF4 it's not surprising they did the beta this short before release. I wonder if I can still cancel my pre-order at this point...

Yes, because a beta pre-release build is an indication of what the final product will be... I also have no issues with performance. Game runs a little slower in Conquest than it does in Domination, but the map is bigger and more chaotic.

Also, I find it funny that the AMD sponsored title is having so many issues on AMD cards.

And what is your point? As I said MAJORITY of all posts are about stuttering, NOT PERFORMANCE. STUTTERING / JITTERY motion. Ain't got nothing to do with performance. The fucking game stutters for us. Like someone hit the framestep button and turned it to 11. And that IS indicative of a major engine issue. You telling me they will suddenly magically tune the game to run smooth for us in the 27 days till release? In fact it is the same stuttering issue I have seen in Planetside 2 (and only there)... weird

Stuttering... Can't think of a better way to describe my experience. The gameplay just doesn't feel right. Feels jerky. But seems FPS are fine. Also I have noticed terrain detection is a huge issue intermittently. Can't jump over low lying terrain at times. Can't jump through textures that are empty at times. For instance a glass store front. I spent a minute trying to get through... shooting out every piece of glass I could see. Yet I couldn't even get near the doors or windows. After destroying the glass windows and doors (4 panes) what would have been ten times over by the amount of ammo I wasted I was finally allowed to pass through the hidden texture.

Other times I was behind terrain near a flags base... the sculpture which looks like waves. And I was shot through it as it popped in and out of existence. That happened at several points. Twice I was hidden behind three feet thick main walls of buildings. Seems my target, the walls, and I were all popping in and out. Before I was killed by his fire through the wall.

I hate to say it but the netcode is most likely the issue. What else could cause these type of things on a 48ms ping to a server half a state away? Yes, it is Beta but... of all the BF betas this has to be the worse showing to date. Usually the beta sells it for me. Usually the beta map(s) are one of the best from the retail product. I just don't feel that applies for BF4. I love the series but I won't blindly purchase this until I see a drastic improvement over the next month... before the beta is terminated.

Edit: I'm here to recant... or eat my words. Go ahead point and laugh.

It seems if you play on a server which has (and I'm guessing here) more than 40 players things start to get wonky. Especially if you are one of the last to join. So yeah, it's just like the other BF games. I joined a private server and the lower the players the better the game looked and played. As the server got hot and filled up I noticed more instances of the game feeling like it was out of sync. Still the last couple hours on that server have given me hope. The map isn't that great but the gameplay can be amazing at times. If you get on a server with only a couple dozen people it can be magical. So try several different servers out before you give up on it. That is all...

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 22:04.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 29, 2013, 12:24 Paranoid Jack

I fully understand and would echo your sentiments if I were in your shoes. I've vowed not to purchase from several online retailers for the same reason.

For too many years we have put up with the PSN being inferior to Live by remembering that its FREE. If they plan on charging for it with the launch of the PS4 they better put the infrastructure into place to stop these types of issue.

As far as compensation the only online service that has ever given me anything was Origin. After there tech support guy wiped my BF3 stats about a month after launch. The sad thing is it took them over a month to start seriously responding via e-mail. They gave me several games FREE via... Origin of course. All old games too.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 28, 2013, 23:58 Paranoid Jack

Tumbler wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 13:32:
I finally cancelled my 180 preorder on amazon the other day...

Dude, why didn't you wait to the last minute like me? I'm doing my part to make sure somebody has a XBOne for X-Mas. I'll cancel five days before... maybe as few as three days prior.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 28, 2013, 23:43 Paranoid Jack

LOL, at both. HELL yeahs it happened. Every government spies on every government they can afford too. Even though the US media would have you believe Iran & the US are newest bestest friends...

Be careful, Cutter, you're liable to get this thread shut down too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
27. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 28, 2013, 12:59 Paranoid Jack

I think either the Obama Administration or the NSA took over Blue's News? Maybe it was Anonymous trying to delete the injustice of it all?

From what I had read and posted Cutter's was the worst of it... just saying.

19. removed Sep 27, 2013, 02:45 Paranoid Jack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:08.

18. removed Sep 27, 2013, 01:44 Paranoid Jack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:07.

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 01:03 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 07:54:
And since when does the government of a Republic force it's citizens to pay into insurance?

Driven a fucking car lately?

Since when have we been forced to pay car insurance? Since when have we been forced to even drive a car? Besides here in Cali there are a high percentage of drivers who are driving with no insurance or registration... and some without a license. Imagine that.

2. removed Sep 26, 2013, 00:26 Paranoid Jack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:07.

11. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 25, 2013, 00:00 Paranoid Jack

That reminds me I already got some of my Torment Kickstarter rewards (books) in the mail but nothing for Wasteland 2.
What? Real world books or electronic?

I haven't gotten anything from any KickStarter yet other than Conclave. I better start checking in on these projects. I guess I shouldn't just assume they are going to give me what is due?

Hate to say it but I'm not backing anything else until I start seeing some returns... on what I would call investments. Sad truth is I know they are technically donations.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 23, 2013, 23:52 Paranoid Jack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 23:12:
Finally, we won’t have to power off during takeoff and landing.

I don't anyway. Never have never will. If they thought it was important and not a red herring, they would wrap the inner part of the plane with a copper mesh and confiscate all phones. They just say "turn them off" no one really does.

It has already been proven that nothing is interfered with.

LoL, yep. I remember seeing something about pilots/copilots on their cell phone during take off. It's just a matter of time before a plane goes down with someone inside the cockpit on the phone. Then we will all have to put them in a lead box while entering the plane.

5. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 23, 2013, 23:40 Paranoid Jack

No hurry... just do it and Torment right.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Free Maps Tomorrow
1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Free Maps Tomorrow Sep 23, 2013, 23:38 Paranoid Jack

Shit after I bought that rip-off of a CE from Steam I better get a lot of FREE maps....  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
90. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 23, 2013, 00:25 Paranoid Jack

Not sure what you mean by shitty/busy controls. I will agree at times the game is difficult to master. Which is a good thing. And I agree that they did a great job considering all the different control schemes and actions for so many vehicles.

I love how the new vehicles feel. When you're rolling in an old beater it feels like shit. When you cruisin' down the coastal highways at top speeds in the European sport cars it feels exhilarating. And the way the game reveals itself in layers was superbly done. Everything from weapons to faster sport cars. Having a damn good time.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
24. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 00:05 Paranoid Jack

Slight spoiler... but then again... not really... if you've played other GTA games you already know this exists in the game.

I've spent most of this evening blowing shit up with a tank. Repeatedly spent more than fifteen minutes at a five star wanted rating. Blew countless police helicopters from the sky and slaughtered cops by the dozens. It was a lot of fun. I was not able to save the tank in a garage. I've tried to trigger the garage with no luck. Just tried to save it at Trevor's apartment and the game locked up while saving. Left it running for more than ten minutes before having to exit the game.

Letting my PS3 cool off since it has been running most of the day. Then it's back into GTA5 for another crime spree. Again, the only downside... the tank at times seems very weak to rear damage from police vehicles ramming me. And if anyone knows how to add the tank to my garage collection let me know, please.

1728 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo