Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1695 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > On the Possibility of a Dragon Age Demo
13. Here Hoping... Aug 21, 2008, 02:48 Paranoid Jack

If they even get close to that kind of cRPG goodness again I will be extremely happy. Hell, I'll even consider the purchasing of both KotoR and JE as my part in helping to fund another better than just "OK" Biowares game.

I am excited about the possibilities because a dark cRPG is what they did best.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
10. Re: Outta Leipzig Aug 21, 2008, 02:33 Paranoid Jack

Is there a Little Big Planet bundle planned? I was planning on picking up a PS3 right after I get my new HDTV in the next month or three.

And yes a lot of this is repeated news. There have been stories about both the PS3 and the 360 having a longer life cycle this generation. Plus the rumors of an add-on BluRay drive for the 360. I think most of it is spin or plain old PR from both MS and Sony.

On a side note my bro's 360 finally went to gamer heaven... or the junk yard. He was having over-heats (three lites in the ring) while playing 2K sports games. All other games ran fine. Anyway he bought it a couple months after release and has blown it out regularly with an air-can. But that still didn't help.

Apparently he took it apart since he figured he would rather buy a new Arcade version than pay somebody to fix the one he had. It was two and a half going on three years old and it had built up quite a bit of dust inside around the CPU and circuit board. He blew it out and put it back together and its still three lites dead.

No surprise to me since he plays it twenty times more than I play mine. He's got hundreds of hours out of that system for Oblivion alone. I figured since he was unemployed for over two years he has had to pass three thousand hours of usage between games and movies.

I expected him to get all butt-hurt like so many MS haters do on the Net. But he didn't. He told me, "Shit, I had to replace my PS2 every two years". He bought three of those damned things over time because they all burned up.

Maybe that's how Sony plans to make a profit with the PS3.

News Comments > WAR Cinematic
8. Re: Looking better... Aug 21, 2008, 01:26 Paranoid Jack

I'll agree AoC has the best PvP of any MMORPG but I put my account on hold while trying out WAR. Not to mention I'm hoping FunCom will add more content soon. There is enough to casually play the game but if you hit it everyday you'll soon be bored.

I know that should go without saying... since too much of anything is never good.

I loved WoW years ago, I love AoC now, but the flavor of the month is WAR. Can't wait for Open Beta and Early Access to kick in.

Not sure how many months it will hold my attention with all the other good games due out over the next few months but I now know it will be fun while it lasts.

Edit: I haven't been following WotLK... are they adding any new classes or races?

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 01:28.

News Comments > WAR Cinematic
1. WAR Rocks! Aug 20, 2008, 23:23 Paranoid Jack

I know we have all been hearing the negative posts here and there from supposed Closed Beta testers... well I am finally in the Closed Beta and it was worth the wait.

The NDA was lifted for media only so I can't go into details now. Open Beta and then the Early Access are both coming in the next few weeks.

News Comments > World in Conflict: Complete?
4. Not CoH but still fun Aug 19, 2008, 22:34 Paranoid Jack

If you are thinking a more realistic looking CoH type game then I would say this is not it...

But it is a good game and I found it at a local Target for $20 so not a bad price either.

I can't say the multi-player is all that but it is a nice change.

News Comments > Company Of Heroes: Tales Of Valor?
13. Best RTS Evar! Aug 19, 2008, 00:16 Paranoid Jack

I absolutely love CoH and Opposing Fronts. No other RTS has handled terrain and structures so well. Not to mention building realistic defenses. After playing it I can't see myself going back to an old-school RTS where the units just stand there in the open and shoot at each other until they drop dead. So if DoW2 is the same as the old DoW count me out.

I too was hoping to see the Russians and the Japanese in the first CoH add-on. I liked what they did either way. They can reuse or just slightly improve the game engine for the next two years for all I care. Just give me another two add-ons with the Russians, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Italians, and/or maybe the French. That would be awesome.

I'd buy them all... and the sequel! Bring it on.

News Comments > Gold - Spore
36. I hated the Sims... Aug 14, 2008, 22:22 Paranoid Jack

I still hope this game will keep my attention at least for several dozen hours of play. Unlike some I don't need years or even hundreds of hours of game-play to feel a game was worth the purchase. But I want something that is different now more than ever before. I don't want to get that been there done this feeling. Don't want that new graphics on an old game design. Tired of the same old same old.

So I'm going to get it just for that fact and hope for the best.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 22:40.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins at GenCon
3. I can't wait to see more. Aug 13, 2008, 20:46 Paranoid Jack

After seeing the brief game-play footage released so far I have high hopes. It looked good to me and I must say I am starting to get excited about this title again... even after suffered through the years of media black-out.

News Comments > The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Q&A & Audio Samples
18. Can't Wait But Damn It Aug 12, 2008, 00:03 Paranoid Jack

This Fall will be busy busy for gamers. At least half a dozen games that look very promising. Not to mention I just got into the WAR Closed Beta 3.3

As far as the Witcher goes it's one of the best cRPGs I have played. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the Enhanced Edition patch, bet it's huge.

THE LAST WISH is a collection of short stories if I am not mistaken. I meant to pick it up but have been too busy and behind on my stack of must read books.

I hope they have another great game already in production. Bad news is it took them about five years to make the Witcher so it may be some time before we see their next game.

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Movie
2. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 22:47 Paranoid Jack

I didn't get that feeling. I felt the graphics were a bit more dated looking and some of the cut-scenes in the video were a bit over the top.

Not saying it won't be good. And most likely I'll pick it up but I was more impressed by some of the older media released. This latest movie just didn't give me anything to be excited about.

News Comments > Project RPB = Risen
11. What I meant... Aug 7, 2008, 01:12 Paranoid Jack

And I think most of us will/can agree... is that the Gothic games (1 through 3) where not perfect but had ten times more heart and soul than Morrowind & Oblivion. And though Oblivion wasn't as near perfect as 99% of the reviews made it out to be it was fairly well polished. Extremely polished when compared to Gothic 3, which I enjoyed far more than Oblivion, warts and all.

I'm looking forward to both Gothic 4 and Risen... and just slightly... Fallout 3.

I've tried to go back and patch Oblivion and replay it but I just can't get into it. Wish I could...

edit: I also loved Gothic 3's game-world (graphics). The Disneyland feel of Oblivion wasn't nearly as good as the gritty slightly more realistic look of G3. Wish the game had been cooked a few months more.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 01:19.

News Comments > Project RPB = Risen
2. Re: New countdown Aug 6, 2008, 11:23 Paranoid Jack

Bethesda should buy out these guys. Let them do all the games content (world, quests, etc) while the current Bethesda employees handle the graphics side only... and maybe fill in the needed spots. But give the PB team total control over content. Between the two teams they could surely come up with a better combat system. Not to mention Bethesda's game would have top notch graphics minus that shallow game-world feeling.

Actually now that I think about it. Maybe the PB team should also be involved with the engine and graphics part of the development.

PB could buy or hire Bethesda's QA dept and maybe a guy to help out with the combat system a bit.

News Comments > Creative X-Fi Vista Drivers
4. Re: Creative Aug 1, 2008, 00:47 Paranoid Jack

I've got two X-Fi cards (older and newer versions) running on Vista and not having any issues what so ever. What kind of issues are/were people having?

I've been watching DVDs and/or TV on this system and the older one before it. So again I'm scratching my head over this.

Not to mention playing a ton of different games. Only on a rare occasion do I get that old SB hiss on boot up and it always clears after a restart. But that shit has been happening since I began buying SB cards.

I remember the original Ghost Recon had a bunch of weird effects that would happen inside the map with the castle ruins.

Oh, well. I've been happy with the X-Fi since it was first released. Under XP or Vista...

News Comments > Mount & Blade Delayed
8. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 21:58 Paranoid Jack

So if you buy it do you get the beta until the retail release it out the door in September?

I always meant to try it out. I thought there was a demo of this years ago...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. What you talking about Willis? Jul 29, 2008, 23:53 Paranoid Jack

"The 360 has a 30% brick rate and you consider that "a much better console". Hahahahaha!!!"

This might not make sense to some but I think it's a factor... look at who has sold the most games. The 360 has sold more games than both the PS3 and the Wii combined. So it figures they have a higher "brick" rate since their users are playing so much more... plus playing DVDs. If Sony had more units and more games the PS3 owners wouldn't be playing more movies than games and thus would be putting more stress on their units by doing so.

I keep hearing this high failure rate shit for the 360 but my unit was bought day one and continues to work just fine. My opinion is a good majority of the issues are an owner caused problem. I see it at least once a week while working on peoples DSL lines. The kids or teens have a 360 and they handle it like it's an iPod. I wish I had ten dollars for every kid I've told "it's not a good idea to move your 360 while powered up, with a game inside, and/or while playing it".

A kid just this Monday moved his and instantly got the red ring of death. I told him to power it down and say a pray. When it booted up ok I told him never move the console while the game is playing and lay it on the side since it's on carpet and can easily be tipped.

" 360 may be the "now", but the PS3 is the future. 360 has too many limitations that are going to give it a tough road in the next few years."

That's why the 360 (the actual console) is having a profitable year? Do you think the PS3 will ever have a profitable year?

"360 fanboys are hilarious."

And before you get your panties in more of a bunch than they already are put your Sony banner down and read your posts with an open mind. Funny you calling somebody/anybody else a fanboy. And just for the record I plan on buying a PS3 soon. For the BluRay of course. Not for the games though LBP looks like a cool concept which should make a good family get together type game that will break away from the race games we usually play.

Again, to each his own. I just like playing games, good games. I don't care what system it is on. I just spent another $275 on a video card replacement. So I can afford the console if it's got anything worth buying it for... in my opinion.

Of course if we didn't have all this mine is better than yours shit the forums would be much more quiet.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 23:59.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Movie
8. Maybe it was your sound-card? Jul 26, 2008, 23:39 Paranoid Jack

I thought the sound in STALKER was above average. The guns could have sounded better but they weren't a deal-breaker that is for sure....

News Comments > Age of Conan Buddy Keys
20. Thx Wallshadows Jul 24, 2008, 02:12 Paranoid Jack

I think I read that thread before, months ago when I first bought a Tuner. I had a problem setting up the card with the supposed Vista certified software that came with the TV Wonder. So I went through hell getting it to work. I returned one version only to buy another. Same thing for my video capture device from Pinnacle. Seems many an item are sold with Vista's seal on the retail box only for the customer to find out via tech support or more likely a user forum that the device will not work with Vista 64.

Don't feel like cracking the case again tonight. I've done a ton of things to fix it and I've completely lost track. I'll try to remove all ATI software to include drivers, shutdown then remove the Tuner, reboot installing video card drivers, only to reinstall this Tuner card with drivers again. Hopefully it will work.

Either way this is the last straw. I don't want to go through this again... let alone every time I update my HD 4850 drivers. So I plan on returning the card this weekend if BB let's me. My guess is the ATI software is removing the drivers for the TV Wonder or confusing Vista somehow making it not want to acknowledge the existing Tuner. It may be a MAC address issue since both cards are ATI chipsets and both from VisionTek. Also Vista shows no IRQ/Resource Conflicts. So it's not much help trouble shooting this issue.

"This game is literally worse than Hellgate."

Ok, now you've gone too far! You have got to be joking?

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 02:14.

16. Yo Ant Jul 24, 2008, 01:04 Paranoid Jack

Your buddy keys are linked to your DVD key. Use somebody else's buddy key first then activating the free month from your DVD key should work.

I almost feel like posting the ATI tech support e-mails but I won't torture you guys. I can't believe the tech is trying to walk me through a driver install and troubleshooting process with tips from Windows XP. I'm using Vista 64 and if he doesn't know that or can't figure it out from my initial report and the three other posts... well then he should be fired. Or given a managers position.

11. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 23:44 Paranoid Jack

Hope you get your issues straightened out either by FunCom or on your end (or both). I can relate because who hasn't bought a PC game to find that it won't run well on their system? There are 101 reasons this happens on PCs. But then it's also happening more frequently on the lastest generation of consoles. I lmao when Sony released that update to their PS3 firmware which bricked a lot of systems and required a hard drive wipe to fix. Yeah, it was mean to laugh but being a long time PC gamer you have to laugh at shit like this/that.

The point is there will always be issues with games and consoles for a limited number of users. Best thing you can do is look at it as a learning experience and work your way through it... or just find another game to occupy your time until they patch it to run on your system.

Maybe try out another MMO with a free trail?

I'm currently attempting to figure out an issue with my system. My new HD4850 (which I had meant to return to BestBuy) is working great but causing my TV Tuner to go MIA every-time I install ATI's new drivers.

It took me two weeks to get the system back up and running with no issue on either card. Then ATI releases the new driver and the installer kills my TV Tuner card... again. So, yeah, I know where you're coming from.

I only have a few days to return this card if BB hasn't changed their policy. So I'm leaning toward Nvidia. I think I said that in a post a week ago when I was mad as hell at their crappy tech support. A week later and I am again not very happy with ATI.

Funny as hell that others never have any issue with ATI cards and experience the opposite as me. They hate Nvidia cards because all the issues they have had in the past.

Lately I am wondering if it's all part of some bigger conspiracy?

8. Not WoW thank the Gods... Jul 23, 2008, 22:56 Paranoid Jack

Tortage takes about six hours, more if you're not in a hurry and/or just enjoying the game. It's a good game and just getting better. They now have a Testlive server where your help is encourage. New features and fixes are rolling out weekly... if not daily.

If you have a decent machine and a good sized hard drive this game is well worth your time and the space required. Especially if you're getting a free seven day trial. I have to assume the trail doesn't start until you first log in since slower broadband could take you a couple days to grab it all.

I'm betting the open access free trails will begin later this year, maybe Fall. Either way try it soon or later just to get a taste of something different.

1695 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo