Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1767 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Talk
27. Assassin's Creed PC $10 at BestBuy Nov 28, 2008, 14:16 Paranoid Jack

Not sure if anyone pointed that out and I'm too lazy to read 25 posts to find out.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
1. PSN Home-less Nov 28, 2008, 14:07 Paranoid Jack

The console is great (better than a 360) but the online gaming feature set is so lacking it's laughable. If you compare the two... the 360 would be gaming on today's Internet and the PS3 would be gaming on the Internet of the late '90s. X-Box Live just makes things ten times easier and has far better features. So I hope they get it right and soon. I know I'll be looking for the open beta every time I log on.

One final word of advise for those who plan on buying LBP for online play... asking around. I tried to play with my friend West Coast to East Coast and the game is completely unplayable. LBP gives you a warning about my type of Internet connection advising you in advance the online game-play is going to suck. I have 6MB DSL fiber is about two miles from my house. And it plays stable on more games than not.

It may be the PSN which is highly possible. Maybe somebody with more experience can fill us in on that. For online play I have both CoD World at War and SoCom Confrontation both play fine though I notice a bit of a sync problem with targeting in CoD on occasion.

Again somebody who knows more about the PSN... can you fill us in?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
14. That bunch of amateurs? Nov 24, 2008, 01:27 Paranoid Jack

I find it hard to believe of the multiple camera positions available in the games you were unable to find one that you could work with... or even switch between two while playing?

"This is definitely an issue of incompetence."

I agree...

News Comments > Free WoW Pet & Achievement Today
7. For Sale:CE WotLK unopened Nov 23, 2008, 20:44 Paranoid Jack

If you want the full account with level 59 Warlock and assorted other characters plus the Burning Crusade the whole package goes for $200 and free shipping within the US.

Otherwise CE WotLK for $150 free shipping anywhere in the US.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Patch Plans
4. I've stopped playing... Nov 21, 2008, 22:08 Paranoid Jack

The main reason... the crashes/lock ups plus the corrupt save games that do the same. I was having fun until it became extremely frustrating to play due to the frequent random lock ups and other weird interface bugs that would minimize the game after the right mouse button goes MIA.

Besides the stability issues this game is ten times better than Oblivion. Amazing what a few choices and consequences can do.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 4U
3. Re: Left 4 Dead 4U Nov 18, 2008, 00:32 Paranoid Jack

I played the demo and wasn't impressed. It wasn't horrible just not as fun as TF2.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Windows DLC
57. Re: Fallout 3 Windows DLC Nov 15, 2008, 22:59 Paranoid Jack

I was wrong my Small Guns skill was at 45 not 54. And I rarely use VATS unless outnumbered... more than usual that is. I've skipped the VATS related perks since I rarely use it. I mostly raised my SPECIALs with that Intense Training perk. Maxed Strength, 9 Perception, 9 Charisma... Luck has been at 1 the entire game.

I killed the old crazy for his sniper rifle but then decided to reload. I wasn't sure if he had more missions for me down the line and I figure if the ammo was plentiful like other ammo types the game would get even easier.

So is the sniper ammo plentiful?

50. Re: Fallout 3 Windows DLC Nov 15, 2008, 01:46 Paranoid Jack

I think my small guns skill is 54 and I instant kill with head-shots about 75% of the time while in hiding using that horrible hunting rifle.  

News Comments > Violent Games Set Boys Hearts' Aflutter
1. Re: Violent Games Set Boys Hearts' Aflutter Nov 13, 2008, 21:42 Paranoid Jack

I feels odd. If me don't blow shit up... or kill shit... kill noobs... on da intanet me no sleep good at night or day. Me toss and turns.  

17. Re: Fallout 3 Windows DLC Nov 13, 2008, 21:36 Paranoid Jack

I'm with you on this one, Jerykk. If they won't release the kit and plan on milking us (or those willing to buy anyway) with DLC and add-ons I plan on skipping both.

As many units as they've sold... and will continue to sell through the Holiday Season... and/or after they stabilize the game on the PC and the PS3... the market is there for the DLC and add-ons. Even if they release the tool-kit they'll sell well.

But if they shaft the mod makers on the tool-kit there will be HELL to pay!

10. Re: Fallout 3 Windows DLC Nov 13, 2008, 21:00 Paranoid Jack

I guess this is our answer as far as the release of the tool-kit?

If they are focusing on creating DLC for the PC version there will be no tool-kit... unless the DLC goes over like a lead balloon? Then maybe they release it so mod makers can create the content we really want to see, free!

News Comments > Age of Conan Q&A
5. Re: Age of Conan Q&A Nov 10, 2008, 22:18 Paranoid Jack

If you think Vanguard is "kick ass" you will ab-so-lute-ly love AoC. I beta tested both and bought Vanguard on the cheap (clearance@Target) about six or eight months after launch... yet still felt ripped off.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
140. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2008, 00:45 Paranoid Jack

I agree Batman. The polls showed the number one reason Obama was voted in was... Change! And when asked what that change meant... most people couldn't come up with anything sensible to say. Sad when you think about it. But that is the system.

He's never run a small business let alone a city or a state. Plus he was only in the Senate for a few months before deciding he could take on the job of Pres. Mind you that this was just months after he said he wasn't qualified to do the job.

oh please. thats the most uninformed crap about obama. youre probably one of those who shouted that obama is a terrorist at a mccain rally. obama knew he had to get into politics and indeed become president of the united states when he realized being a community organizer does not change society. read up on the man before you call him names.

Next idiot want to put more words in my mouth? Oh, if the truth hurts you try not reading it. Go back to watching network news.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 02:28 Paranoid Jack

Honestly Jack, #9 is one of the least-informed posts I've ever seen here. Middle East controlling oil prices? Do you think they've been having emergency OPEC meetings because they PLANNED oil to fall 50% from July? Do you think they cut production because they like $70 barrels?

You know why oil's cheap? I dunno, maybe it has something to do with the fact that this October was the worst month in 20 years for car sales in America. Oil's cheap because investors think Americans aren't going to have any *money* by the start of next year and won't be *driving*.

And you say my post was uninformed? Creston painted a much broader picture than I. But to think that the Middle-East and their control on production has nothing to do with the rise and fall of prices is absurd. Each of these things plays a part. Most of the reasons come back around to corruption/control and greed. And yes, the fact that car sales are grinding to a halt helps to bring those prices down also. That's only obvious. The same way people spending less of their disposable income effects the retail outlets. Notice some of them going out of business?

Funny how the prices fall and everyone buys a Hummer. Too bad the car makers won't give us anything but a hybrid that gets great mileage. Sooner or later we are going to have to put resources and the environment above materialism and greed. But that won't happen anytime soon...

edit: I also think it's kind of funny how I use a word (radical) which can mean several things since I didn't specify... yet some people take it to mean something specific. Strange?

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 02:42.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 01:36 Paranoid Jack

Let's hope Obama doesn't suck as a president.

He's never run a small business let alone a city or a state. Plus he was only in the Senate for a few months before deciding he could take on the job of Pres. Mind you that this was just months after he said he wasn't qualified to do the job.

So yes, I think it's safe to say... Corporate America, the Senate, and Congress will continue to run this country.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 01:38.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 01:12 Paranoid Jack

I can just picture Cutter there in the crowd and now at home sitting in front of his key board with his Change button on waving his Obama flag.

Oh, by the way... half that crazy shit you just spewed sounds worse than the crazy shit you're accusing Republicans of causing. Are you the guy who accused George W. of calling down Hurricane Katrina onto Louisiana? Get a grip!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 00:57 Paranoid Jack

Trickle down? It was a gush up. Corporate America (the banks and oil companies) are what caused this whole mess.

For the past ten years the banks went from making safe common sense loans to lending half a million to people who couldn't even afford the interest only loans on the house they were buying... let alone the hundreds of thousands of dollars cash out they were getting with the refinance of that huge loan six months or a year later.

Then a year or so later they would make them another loan to buy a second house they could afford before they went into foreclosure on the house and monster size loan they couldn't afford.

So while people like me who are staying within our means keep making house payments other people who bought mansions on interest only loans just let the banks take back a house that is now worth half of what they bought it for. And skate away from hundreds of thousands in debt. But get this... most are still living there in those same houses they can't afford. Living there free of the mortgage payment. Just paying the utilities because the bank would rather you keep up the house and yard then to let it fall apart and cause them more of a loss. And since there are no buyers there is no reason to force them out.

I know it sounds crazy but everyone I know here in Cali knows at least a couple people doing the things I just described to you.

So who gets left holding the bag? Surely not all those you're expecting a trickle down onto. And is it any wonder why the economy went nutts over the past few years? My house was going up an average of five thousand dollars a month for a couple years. I kept telling my wife we need to sell and rent an apartment until the bottom drops out. She wouldn't listen.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 01:05.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2008, 23:55 Paranoid Jack

He'll need a magic wand to do even half of what he has promised. One thing he won't have to fix... the economy. It's already righting itself. My opinion is that the gas prices (and huge loans for houses that people couldn't even afford the interest on) caused it all. And since drilling for oil was the mantra of both parties during their campaigns the Middle-East finally pulled their heads out their asses and lowered the over inflated oil prices back to were they should have been to begin with. Because they are hoping and praying America won't start drilling and cut back on our need of their oil. As we watch the prices drop some states are seeing prices below two dollars a gallon again after a summer of over five dollars a gallon? And yeah, the US Gov't has to shoulder some of the blame...

Going to be interesting to see what happens. My guess is nothing... out of the ordinary. Politics as usual.

Edit: nin, I don't think we have ever had a President as radical as Obama. So it will be very interesting to see what happens over the course of this four year term.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 00:00.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Update Plans
4. Isn't that horse dead? Nov 3, 2008, 22:00 Paranoid Jack

For the love of Gods! Why won't they let it just lay there in peace?  

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
19. CoH by far teh best RTS evar! Nov 3, 2008, 21:54 Paranoid Jack

I wish they would have already added two of the following.... Russians, Japanese, Italians, Australians, Canadians, French, or maybe the Chinese. I pray they don't add another version of the Germans. I love the first expansion but we need new territory. Like the Pacific and/or Russia. Plus Africa and the Mediterranean.

I'd buy them all. Love this game. And I hope they change the DoW formula to match the style of game-play in CoH. The old days of troops standing toe to toe in the open and firing until dead is so over for me...

1767 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo