Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1735 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
140. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2008, 00:45 Paranoid Jack

I agree Batman. The polls showed the number one reason Obama was voted in was... Change! And when asked what that change meant... most people couldn't come up with anything sensible to say. Sad when you think about it. But that is the system.

He's never run a small business let alone a city or a state. Plus he was only in the Senate for a few months before deciding he could take on the job of Pres. Mind you that this was just months after he said he wasn't qualified to do the job.

oh please. thats the most uninformed crap about obama. youre probably one of those who shouted that obama is a terrorist at a mccain rally. obama knew he had to get into politics and indeed become president of the united states when he realized being a community organizer does not change society. read up on the man before you call him names.

Next idiot want to put more words in my mouth? Oh, if the truth hurts you try not reading it. Go back to watching network news.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 02:28 Paranoid Jack

Honestly Jack, #9 is one of the least-informed posts I've ever seen here. Middle East controlling oil prices? Do you think they've been having emergency OPEC meetings because they PLANNED oil to fall 50% from July? Do you think they cut production because they like $70 barrels?

You know why oil's cheap? I dunno, maybe it has something to do with the fact that this October was the worst month in 20 years for car sales in America. Oil's cheap because investors think Americans aren't going to have any *money* by the start of next year and won't be *driving*.

And you say my post was uninformed? Creston painted a much broader picture than I. But to think that the Middle-East and their control on production has nothing to do with the rise and fall of prices is absurd. Each of these things plays a part. Most of the reasons come back around to corruption/control and greed. And yes, the fact that car sales are grinding to a halt helps to bring those prices down also. That's only obvious. The same way people spending less of their disposable income effects the retail outlets. Notice some of them going out of business?

Funny how the prices fall and everyone buys a Hummer. Too bad the car makers won't give us anything but a hybrid that gets great mileage. Sooner or later we are going to have to put resources and the environment above materialism and greed. But that won't happen anytime soon...

edit: I also think it's kind of funny how I use a word (radical) which can mean several things since I didn't specify... yet some people take it to mean something specific. Strange?

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 02:42.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 01:36 Paranoid Jack

Let's hope Obama doesn't suck as a president.

He's never run a small business let alone a city or a state. Plus he was only in the Senate for a few months before deciding he could take on the job of Pres. Mind you that this was just months after he said he wasn't qualified to do the job.

So yes, I think it's safe to say... Corporate America, the Senate, and Congress will continue to run this country.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 01:38.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 01:12 Paranoid Jack

I can just picture Cutter there in the crowd and now at home sitting in front of his key board with his Change button on waving his Obama flag.

Oh, by the way... half that crazy shit you just spewed sounds worse than the crazy shit you're accusing Republicans of causing. Are you the guy who accused George W. of calling down Hurricane Katrina onto Louisiana? Get a grip!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2008, 00:57 Paranoid Jack

Trickle down? It was a gush up. Corporate America (the banks and oil companies) are what caused this whole mess.

For the past ten years the banks went from making safe common sense loans to lending half a million to people who couldn't even afford the interest only loans on the house they were buying... let alone the hundreds of thousands of dollars cash out they were getting with the refinance of that huge loan six months or a year later.

Then a year or so later they would make them another loan to buy a second house they could afford before they went into foreclosure on the house and monster size loan they couldn't afford.

So while people like me who are staying within our means keep making house payments other people who bought mansions on interest only loans just let the banks take back a house that is now worth half of what they bought it for. And skate away from hundreds of thousands in debt. But get this... most are still living there in those same houses they can't afford. Living there free of the mortgage payment. Just paying the utilities because the bank would rather you keep up the house and yard then to let it fall apart and cause them more of a loss. And since there are no buyers there is no reason to force them out.

I know it sounds crazy but everyone I know here in Cali knows at least a couple people doing the things I just described to you.

So who gets left holding the bag? Surely not all those you're expecting a trickle down onto. And is it any wonder why the economy went nutts over the past few years? My house was going up an average of five thousand dollars a month for a couple years. I kept telling my wife we need to sell and rent an apartment until the bottom drops out. She wouldn't listen.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 01:05.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2008, 23:55 Paranoid Jack

He'll need a magic wand to do even half of what he has promised. One thing he won't have to fix... the economy. It's already righting itself. My opinion is that the gas prices (and huge loans for houses that people couldn't even afford the interest on) caused it all. And since drilling for oil was the mantra of both parties during their campaigns the Middle-East finally pulled their heads out their asses and lowered the over inflated oil prices back to were they should have been to begin with. Because they are hoping and praying America won't start drilling and cut back on our need of their oil. As we watch the prices drop some states are seeing prices below two dollars a gallon again after a summer of over five dollars a gallon? And yeah, the US Gov't has to shoulder some of the blame...

Going to be interesting to see what happens. My guess is nothing... out of the ordinary. Politics as usual.

Edit: nin, I don't think we have ever had a President as radical as Obama. So it will be very interesting to see what happens over the course of this four year term.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2008, 00:00.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Update Plans
4. Isn't that horse dead? Nov 3, 2008, 22:00 Paranoid Jack

For the love of Gods! Why won't they let it just lay there in peace?  

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
19. CoH by far teh best RTS evar! Nov 3, 2008, 21:54 Paranoid Jack

I wish they would have already added two of the following.... Russians, Japanese, Italians, Australians, Canadians, French, or maybe the Chinese. I pray they don't add another version of the Germans. I love the first expansion but we need new territory. Like the Pacific and/or Russia. Plus Africa and the Mediterranean.

I'd buy them all. Love this game. And I hope they change the DoW formula to match the style of game-play in CoH. The old days of troops standing toe to toe in the open and firing until dead is so over for me...

News Comments > Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up
27. Re: Thx for the info everyone... Nov 2, 2008, 09:59 Paranoid Jack

MY F3 is more stable lately also. I only had one lock-up yesterday. Not sure what the cause is. I reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 260. Then I tried to install Alchemy for my X-Fi but it tells me to insert the disc with XYZ on it so that it can finish installing. That was both the latest version and the previous version. I still can't understand how an OS can be out for two years yet hardware vendors can't seem to figure out how it fucking works.

I read numerous forums about this and that causing the lock-ups. And my problem is most likely the X-Fi. Since Alchemy won't install I am just avoiding the use of the Radio via the PipBoy 3000.

I'm also saving and pausing the game far more often since I hate loosing progression to a lock-up. I've been using both save methods.

So what's the actual cause is any one's guess. It is happening on numerous system builds for both XP & Vista... some without the X-Fi so my guess is it has to do with the Pip Boy.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2008, 10:01.

25. Thx for the info everyone... Oct 31, 2008, 22:06 Paranoid Jack

Not sure yet what is causing my lock-ups. I have Vista 64 Ultimate (SP 1 Build 6001) running on an ASUS P5N-D, with a Q6600 at 2.4 GHz, 4Gb of RAM, a GTX 260, and a X-Fi Xtreme Audio. Everything (drivers) is up to date as far as I can tell. GeForce drivers are version 7.15.11.7813. Not having any issues with any other games or software on this system.

I'll try the VSync thing but I think I already have it on.... time will tell. Going back into the game now.

7. Re: Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up Oct 31, 2008, 03:10 Paranoid Jack

I usually don't worry too much about DRM but I'm wondering if it could be the cause of all the lock ups I am having? Anyone in the know, please, feel free to enlighten me.

I can play for about an hour or two before the game freezes up and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to shut it down because it stops responding. It seems to happen while my character is moving about. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue... guess I'll be visiting the official forums tomorrow.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2008, 03:12.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailer Oct 31, 2008, 02:30 Paranoid Jack

Looks sweeter every time they release a new video.... which is what a hype machine is all about. But I have faith in them.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3
108. Re: My Two Cents Oct 30, 2008, 22:24 Paranoid Jack

I agree wholeheartedly. It is far better than Oblivion when it comes to some of the cRPG elements and storyline/dialog options. I think it may be enough for most people to get over the changes made between the originals and F3. I'm thinking over-all it will be a positive gaming experience. At least I hope so. I plan to re-roll the character I plan on playing through out my first time through. Going evil thieving murderous bastard just for the fun of it.

Hope I don't make a post later as bad as my last. I must have been more tired than I thought. I didn't even hit spell check.

100. Re: My Two Cents Oct 30, 2008, 01:35 Paranoid Jack

I've re-rolled several characters to try different stats and see how they effect combat. So far I am seeing the same things Oblivion had... for better or worse, thats up to you.

I've noticed a lot of randomness to creature types spawning but locations seem to be pretty much set. Bad news? I was level one just out of the Vault and took out a deathclaw (random spawn apparantly) with about a dozen or more shots. Hard to tell how many hit since it's more or less a cone of fire with some randomness built in. Either way it was sad how slow the Deathclaw moved. He was more like a Deathsloth. It only got one hit on me before I brought it down. Without using VATS. Shortly after I met the three Raiders (one of which has a flamethrower) and they handed my ass to me.

My guess is that the game will get silly easy as you level the stats you prefer according to your game-play style. Like Oblivion where I played a stealthy lizard assasin that could single head shot about half the targets I took out.

I tried the kill somebody in Megaton route too. I was swarmed by about a dozen people who beat and shot me down within ten seconds after VATS ran it's course.

I like the feel of the Wasteland and the dialog isn't too bad. I'm thinking the exporation and quest will make it a decent game. Time will tell.

93. Re: My Two Cents Oct 29, 2008, 21:40 Paranoid Jack

Beamer, I totally overlooked the obvious solution. Not a bad idea. I think I'll set that up if I don't already have one close to the exit.

I'm somewhat comforted to read the same responses from the regulars here that I am noticing while playing.

I'm going to re-roll and gimp my character as badly as possible and see if he can still shoot a pistol like an Olympic champion with nerves of steel.

News Comments > GC- Echo Squad SE & Universal Combat CE Patches
9. Too mUch Hate Oct 29, 2008, 21:16 Paranoid Jack

Damn, people chill! It's bad karma...  

82. My Two Cents Oct 29, 2008, 04:35 Paranoid Jack

- Yes, it feels like Oblivion though the graphics are a bit better. And I can't understand the complaints about the same texture colors. It's a wasteland people not Disneyland. I want to environment to feel like a post apocalyptic setting not a day at the park. It does capture that feel for the most part. It even captures a bit of that alternate 50's retro-futuristic thing.

- Opening tutorial was awkward and somewhat boring. Character movement seems a bit fast but that may be tied into my SPECIAL stats. I only began to enjoying it as I was nearing the exit.

- After leaving the vault you get the feeling of been there done that (Oblivion, again). I'll also say that replaying the opening will most likely be as painful as replaying Oblivion's. Hopeful modders will be able to create a bypass of some sort as they did with Oblivion.

- I got the feeling this game is more of a cRPG than Oblivion. So far the dialog trees are better. But the writing can't compare to the first two games in the series.

- Even though I wasn't expecting a lot I'm still kind of let down. I'm hoping the game improves in Megaton and beyond. I know it has to because I feel the opening so far has been rather weak... from the narration by Perlman to the images shown after the Intro with the bus and the power armor dude.

- Also there is a bit of a quirky movement feeling while in the vault I noticed my character continuing forward after letting go of the W if he was near an object. I would describe it as the sliding on ice feel that some other games have also had. Basically the characters weight goes wonky for just a second or two.

- I've just finished talking to the Sheriff so I'm not far into it yet. I'm hoping things will grab me tomorrow. Because the opening part of the game was not fun. I'm anxious to start testing the choice & consequences. Though I was able to do a bit of that in the vault. And after the things I did in 101 I'm sure there is no returning home for me.

- Graphics are good bordering on great. 1900x1200 High settings. Smooth as can be.

- Interface feels like a console game. I figured they would have tried harder to make the PC different after all the shit they got for Oblivion. It's not as bad but still not a great interface for a PC game. Got that 360 port feeling all over it.

- This is all my opinion. You may feel differently. If you are a fanboi and I upset you... fuck it. I'm just being honest. Either way I am looking forward to tomorrows session. Even though Fable 2 has been excellent for the last few days and exceeds in story telling and charm... I'm hoping F3 will be more of a cRPG than Fable 2 is, though it's a blast.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2008, 04:39.

News Comments > Tim Cain Q&A
3. But What About... Oct 28, 2008, 23:49 Paranoid Jack

What happened to Project T-BAR 3/4?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=130

News Comments > Fallout 3 Interview
35. Love the Earth but Fuck the Humans? Oct 27, 2008, 23:09 Paranoid Jack

Kind of a strange outlook. I know what you mean but I also hope you see the irony in it?

Either way, if you hate humanity so much why not move into the wild and stop hanging out on the Internet where only the worst of human nature is experienced/expressed on a daily basis?

News Comments > Fallout 3 Interview
32. Twisted But Understandable Oct 27, 2008, 22:10 Paranoid Jack

I'm calling Dr. Phil now... what's a good time for you, Surf?  

1735 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo