Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3
82. My Two Cents Oct 29, 2008, 04:35 Paranoid Jack

- Yes, it feels like Oblivion though the graphics are a bit better. And I can't understand the complaints about the same texture colors. It's a wasteland people not Disneyland. I want to environment to feel like a post apocalyptic setting not a day at the park. It does capture that feel for the most part. It even captures a bit of that alternate 50's retro-futuristic thing.

- Opening tutorial was awkward and somewhat boring. Character movement seems a bit fast but that may be tied into my SPECIAL stats. I only began to enjoying it as I was nearing the exit.

- After leaving the vault you get the feeling of been there done that (Oblivion, again). I'll also say that replaying the opening will most likely be as painful as replaying Oblivion's. Hopeful modders will be able to create a bypass of some sort as they did with Oblivion.

- I got the feeling this game is more of a cRPG than Oblivion. So far the dialog trees are better. But the writing can't compare to the first two games in the series.

- Even though I wasn't expecting a lot I'm still kind of let down. I'm hoping the game improves in Megaton and beyond. I know it has to because I feel the opening so far has been rather weak... from the narration by Perlman to the images shown after the Intro with the bus and the power armor dude.

- Also there is a bit of a quirky movement feeling while in the vault I noticed my character continuing forward after letting go of the W if he was near an object. I would describe it as the sliding on ice feel that some other games have also had. Basically the characters weight goes wonky for just a second or two.

- I've just finished talking to the Sheriff so I'm not far into it yet. I'm hoping things will grab me tomorrow. Because the opening part of the game was not fun. I'm anxious to start testing the choice & consequences. Though I was able to do a bit of that in the vault. And after the things I did in 101 I'm sure there is no returning home for me.

- Graphics are good bordering on great. 1900x1200 High settings. Smooth as can be.

- Interface feels like a console game. I figured they would have tried harder to make the PC different after all the shit they got for Oblivion. It's not as bad but still not a great interface for a PC game. Got that 360 port feeling all over it.

- This is all my opinion. You may feel differently. If you are a fanboi and I upset you... fuck it. I'm just being honest. Either way I am looking forward to tomorrows session. Even though Fable 2 has been excellent for the last few days and exceeds in story telling and charm... I'm hoping F3 will be more of a cRPG than Fable 2 is, though it's a blast.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2008, 04:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tim Cain Q&A
3. But What About... Oct 28, 2008, 23:49 Paranoid Jack

What happened to Project T-BAR 3/4?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=130

News Comments > Fallout 3 Interview
35. Love the Earth but Fuck the Humans? Oct 27, 2008, 23:09 Paranoid Jack

Kind of a strange outlook. I know what you mean but I also hope you see the irony in it?

Either way, if you hate humanity so much why not move into the wild and stop hanging out on the Internet where only the worst of human nature is experienced/expressed on a daily basis?

32. Twisted But Understandable Oct 27, 2008, 22:10 Paranoid Jack

I'm calling Dr. Phil now... what's a good time for you, Surf?  

10. Re: Fallout 3 Interview Oct 26, 2008, 22:46 Paranoid Jack

He's not saying fairy's will fly out everyone's ass. He's saying there would be neighbor helping neighbor to pop a cap in any asshole that tries to take what they have.

edit: Just got the call from GameStop/EBGames. F3 is going to be ready for pickup Tuesday afternoon. Having more fun with Fable 2 than I thought I would. Not a perfect game but damned fun and ten times better than the last one.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2008, 22:50.

4. Change your name maybe? Oct 26, 2008, 17:23 Paranoid Jack

I think ChickenLittle is much better.  

News Comments > Hellgate End Date
40. MMOADD Oct 25, 2008, 13:49 Paranoid Jack

LOL Paranoid. Your comment gave me a great new gaming acronym. MMOADD! Basically it means a gamer who constantly moves from game to game without ever fully playing any of them. Which is perfect because MMOADD is pronounced "mo-add".

I've played a ton of games but you're assumption is correct. I rarely finish them. Only the best of them have I completed and gone back for more. Of course so many games on the market today are not meant to be finished. They have a start and a finish line to some degree but even then it's not necessarily a completion of the game since they are multiplayer-centric. Even games that have a single-player side to them... if I bought it mainly/only for the multi-player I focus on that which provides me the most entertainment and consider it worth the price of admission in most cases.

Single-player games I have finished since HL... only two off the top of my head... Stalker and the Witcher. There are dozens I have come close to finishing but the returns or entertainment value was lost somewhere along the way... or another title stole my attention away long enough that I never went back.

Even the best games fall victim to this on occasion. I have a friend who was playing MGS4 and loving it until another title diverted his attention. When he tried to get back into MGS4 the learning curve was too much and he didn't feel it worth starting from scratch a second time. He has yet to finish the game. Not that he didn't enjoy the part he played.

Oh, well... its both great and it sucks... having enough money to buy whatever/everything you want. One reason I have yet to go pick up that copy of Fable 2. Because I doubt I will finish it before Fallout 3 hits shelves.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2008, 13:54.

News Comments > NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers
83. Jesus Christ On A Crutch! Oct 25, 2008, 00:15 Paranoid Jack

Are you guys still bitching back and forth in here?  

34. Re: LotR Life Time? Oct 25, 2008, 00:08 Paranoid Jack

You two must be the rare few. I don't know anyone who has played a game for that long. In fact the only people I've chatted with who did did it because they couldn't afford to build or buy a new system so they played the games their systems could handle. Truth is most of us get our fill and move on to something else. Though I imagine you're both right. If I would have stuck to both WoW (though WoW had no Life-Time subscription) and/or LotR... and bought into one/both at a Life-Time rate playing it/them regularly I wouldn't have enough time or need for other games. Which would be a savings since I buy more games this way. I noticed I bought fewer games than I normally would have the year (not calendar) I mostly played WoW. The fact is I like getting new games, exploring new environments, and learning new mechanics. Not to mention with my AADD it just works out that way...  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Midnight Launch Events; Steam Pre-Purchase
6. How many units? Oct 24, 2008, 23:53 Paranoid Jack

Wondering how many units they will sell opening day? Last few mid-night openings for games that I can remember were WoW, and the BC expansion. What others have there been?

I'm also wondering if Fable 2 will steal the thunder from Fallout 3. I hadn't planned on getting Fable 2 but after a friend picked it up the other day I haven't heard from him since besides a couple short text messages telling me how much he is loving the game.

So I plan on picking up Fable 2 in the mourning and Fallout 3 later in the week... most likely. PC CE of Fallout 3 if I get it.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Midnight Launch Events; Steam Pre-Purchase
1. Getting a little carried away? Oct 24, 2008, 21:54 Paranoid Jack

I know a lot of people are excited about this title but damn a mid-night launch and going the Steam route too?

It makes me wonder... and this may just be the paranoid in me... still I figured with all the stupid shit being posted in those FC2 threads this can't be any worse... are they trying to sell as many copies as they can before the masses figure out the game is as shallow as Oblivion?

20. LotR Life Time? Oct 24, 2008, 19:46 Paranoid Jack

If you were in the LotR beta and/or one of the pre-order folks you were given subscription plan for $9.99 a month. The Life-Time deal was limited and cost you $299.00 if I remember correctly. So until I broke my subscription I was locked in at $9.99. I would have had to play/pay for the game for thirty months. Two and a half years before it became a benefit. Very few people play any game continually for that length. I've never played any game continuously for more than a year let alone two and a half.

As a gift... yeah it was a steal. But again for a normal player it wasn't/isn't a good idea.

30. LoL Oct 24, 2008, 19:15 Paranoid Jack

You go, Emil. Let these morons whine for their games-by-committee. I like your old-school focus. If you've got a vision, let's see it. Far better than the soulless pap being cranked out daily that these dumbshits, I guess, really love.

LoL, stop, please.... you had me at "old-school focus". But then the irony in "soulless pap being cranked out" had me rolling on the floor. Good thing I wasn't taking a drink of beer. I'd be down a 28" wide-screen monitor.

News Comments > Age Of Conan Interview
3. Where's Fion? Oct 24, 2008, 18:52 Paranoid Jack

An AoC thread and even though it's just getting started you know Fion is bound to make a few posts.

Not sure why you would regret AoC because it's a good game just not quite finished yet. Best combat by far. And if it was good (I assume scary) enough to give you bad dreams (nightmares) it must have left a positive impression when it comes to the fun factor.

I had a blast and only gave it up because of the WAR beta. I plan on going back but want them to fix/finish the PvP first.

edit: I agree the size of the game is a bit hard to understand. After several months of beta I built a new system and by end of beta was past 75GB of storage space taken up by one game. Not counting the 19+ GB of files that was the installer. Yeah, I know I could have went in and deleted files but had plenty of storage so I didn't bother. Hell, I was running the Test Live server besides the regular version. Between the two I had >130GB invested in AoC.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 19:00.

11. Re: Hellgate End Date Oct 24, 2008, 18:43 Paranoid Jack

I'd really like to know how many people bought a lifetime subscription. Even for LotR Online... if you do the math and are a normal player not a fanatic you can't come out on top.

Don't remember Blizzard offering a Life Time price for WoW when it started but even then it would have been a losing proposition for most players.
This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 19:23.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Interviews
20. I'm With Cutter Oct 23, 2008, 22:41 Paranoid Jack

I'm hoping the modders will do a VATS overhaul and reconfig the camera angles which will allow us to play it semi old school. But I doubt it will come true. Doubt anyone will pull it off. I'm betting on a couple dozen hours of entertainment at most before things start to get old. Like killing people with a home-made weapon that shoots teddy-bears?

Hell, I haven't even done it yet... only witnessed it and I don't ever want to see it done again. There is no humor in over the top dumbed down game mechanics.

Don't mean to be overly negative. I'm picking it up and have low hopes that it will be entertaining enough to make me feel like I wasn't ripped off. And after that I'll keep hoping to hear the media release concerning the mod tools release date.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Sequel & DLC Plans
7. Dragon Age: Origins Oct 21, 2008, 23:04 Paranoid Jack

I'm hoping they deliver with their promise of BG meets NWN meets ME. And I agree they should focus on showing us more of the game and actually releasing it before they start marketing the DLC and Sequels.

News Comments > Saintís Row 2 Interview
2. Re: Saintís Row 2 Interview Oct 21, 2008, 01:13 Paranoid Jack

Sounds like what my friend said except he figured it was going to be fun from the start.

He told me the graphics are the same as the previous game but you have more options in the game world as far as your gang-banging activities go...

He has tried to get me to buy it for two weeks now but there are just too many other games in the pipe. Plus I'm hooked on WAR and having a blast.

News Comments > One Cut WAR Class Not Returning
11. Re: One Cut WAR Class Not Returning Oct 20, 2008, 21:55 Paranoid Jack

Please, explain the imbalances as you see them. I know you think the BW is over-powered... maybe you can start there?

I see highs and lows for all the classes I am currently playing. At times they seem over-powered until I see the guy I just took out so easily was a low level player. Just as I imagine he isn't too happy with my stomping him. But I bet he looked at my level and quickly came to terms with his demise.

I get tired of the RvR action occasionally too. So I mix it up with solo and group questing. I also realize the games RvR is mainly designed to be played as part of a team. And not primarily for solo PvP. I'm fine with that since the game offers a good variety.

One thing I hope they add more of is dungeons or instances that can be done solo or as a small group.

News Comments > WAR Status
13. Re: end of first month Oct 18, 2008, 19:02 Paranoid Jack

There is nothing wrong with opinion I won't argue that but...

Game defiantly needs polishing.

Ok? Comparing it to what? You're saying this game is a buggy mess? It's not perfect but what PC game is? None, will ever be perfect. It's inherent to the system.

Gold Spammers are running rampent in messges, tells and ingame mail.

Curios to know what other games you're playing because if you think they are rampant in WAR you've never played any of the other popular MMOs. I see one e-mail per character every week or two. IN game tells maybe a couple within a play session. Rampant? Not even close.

Mythic seems to be ignoring this issue as there is no way to report them. (see lack of dialog options above)

BS, there has been a way to report them since day one. Sorry if you feel you should only need to think about it to have it so. Click two buttons type in a name and short message hit submit. Tough, I know...

SpellCaster spells that kill you to cast them is pretty retarded.

Again, just think and maybe read the description of the spell you're casting. If it's an AoE spell it will damage you when your target is within the AoE (area of effect, just in case you're wondering). Simple, do not cast AoE when your target is in melee combat with you. Does this fall under your "classes are quite unbalanced"?

vent/teamspeak the in game chat is still needed for common group communication.

No kidding? You mean if somebody isn't on TS2 or Vent with you you may actually need to send them a tell to let them know what the fuck is going on? Man, this game sucks ass.

Nothing really to spend money on save maybe a horrid color choice on your outfit.(that will be replaced in a couple levels anyhow)

I've already filed a complaint about this one myself. I mean why can't we have player housing and buy little kittens to follow us around?

/sarcasm turns off

Sorry, for being rude but I am tired of people who call themselves gamers but then complain about silly little things. Or post BS as fact. Try to learn the game and don't expect WAR to be just like game XyZ because it's not. Thank the Gods. I'll bet you probably had to learn the ins & outs of WoW too before you became Uber? I give up post BS all you want...

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2008, 19:13.

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo