Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1748 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > E3 2009 PC Wrap-up
20. Re: E3 2009 PC Wrap-up Jun 7, 2009, 23:18 Paranoid Jack

I agree with you, Jerykk. Both The Saboteur and Alpha Protocol looked like console games in the E3 demos and hands-on shown. A shame since I was really looking forward to Alpha Protocol.

I was interested in The Saboteur until his uniform instantly vanished and he was the center of attention hidden behind those crates. I can understand if the reason the uniform vanished was a way to let the player know his cover is blown but the way the video played out it left me with the same impression it left you with.

Still a lot of cool games. Thx for the list Blue. Nice way to end the coverage. This year I caught most of it on G4 but got tired of listening to the chatter and mostly scanned thru the recordings on our DVR.

Oh, my wife and I went to see Hang Over... what a funny movie. Highly recommended. One of the funniest I've seen in some time. Crazy shit. Don't take your children though.

edit: I haven't seen any best of lists yet but if that Old Republic trailer doesn't win something it's all rigged. That was one bad-ass trailer. Made me excited to see how well the project will come together.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2009, 23:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA II Flash Game
25. Re: ARMA II Flash Game Jun 7, 2009, 16:00 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the info. It also appears that switching from one view point to another is a bit faster. Also with the 3rd person perspective will the TrackIR still be needed?

It looks like a nice improvement over ArmA(1) but I'm sure there will still be some quirky stuff that can get irritating at times. Usually the good times outweigh the bad.

Oh, is FADE the blur effect or some kind of DRM? Either way I plan on buying it soon. Not going to import this time or buy from Poland though.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2009, 16:04.

News Comments > ARMA II Flash Game
23. Re: ARMA II Flash Game Jun 7, 2009, 01:53 Paranoid Jack

Can anyone already playing ArmA 2 answer a few questions for me, please?

I know they fixed the no-reloading while moving at the same time shit but did they fix the wonky character movements? The latest videos make it appear as if the character movements are a bit faster less laggy. Are they faster/smoother with only lite weapons? Please, tell me all weapons don't play as if they are heavy to maneuver... taking between two and five seconds to get optimal aiming for a more decent shot?

I enjoy the realism angle but at times the heavy weapons feel the character has in ArmA gets on my nerves. I can understand if it's a large weapon but not all weapons should feel like your character is having a hard time using it.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2009, 01:53.

News Comments > EA to Publish APB
4. Re: EA to Publish APB Jun 3, 2009, 00:45 Paranoid Jack

Very interested to see how this plays out. Glad they went with normal people (well somewhat normal) compared to the superhero types.  

News Comments > Alan Wake in Spring 2010
15. Re: Alan Wake in Spring 2010 Jun 3, 2009, 00:42 Paranoid Jack

The game-play demo I saw (with one developer playing while one explained what we were watching) left me less than impressive. Not that I don't wish them luck.  

News Comments > On ARMA II Bugs
22. Re: On ARMA II Bugs May 29, 2009, 00:42 Paranoid Jack

Oh, I agree with both of you. I would rather buy another game like Stalker than to purchase another damned cookie cutter FPS on rails with scripted AI and scripted events.

The few bugs I dealt with in the original Stalker (even corrupted saved games) were a small price to pay for the over-all gameplay. I restarted the game three times in the week or two after release and loved it all the while. I'll deal with some bugs if you give me a game that doesn't bore me to tears.

News Comments > On ARMA II Bugs
16. Re: On ARMA II Bugs May 29, 2009, 00:07 Paranoid Jack

I'm assuming some of you have no idea about the depth of this game? Or the size of the studio? Let's try to keep things in perspective. I'm not saying to let them slide but the size and scope of this game is huge. The editor itself sounds like a dream come true... if it's actually as good as they say. Give them a chance. Nobody is making this kind of game for tactical shooter fans. Nothing else comes even close lately.

A Large NA Studio released a little game called F3 a while back. Well, I still can't play it without it crashing to desktop randomly. The last two tries were a fresh install, even removed my X-Fi because they are blaming it for the crashes, using on-board sound, and the latest patch. Fresh out of the hell that is the beginning of the game it crashes within minutes. It's been like that since day one and they have done nothing to fix it.

So I'm willing to give a little credit where credit is due. BIS at least supports their games with continued patches unlike others who seem to focus mainly on the next way to charge you (DLC)... while leaving the core game bugged.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2009, 00:24.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
6. Re: EA Financial Results May 5, 2009, 23:12 Paranoid Jack

I'm shocked they didn't blame the world economy....  

News Comments > No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins
49. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 5, 2009, 22:05 Paranoid Jack

Derek, I believe you... the initial reason for the delay was quality... the game needed a couple months more polish...
but then EA decided it would be best to go with a simultaneous release to lessen the impact an earlier PC release (and piracy) would have on the console sales... plus save the money of running two separate ad campaigns.

Still I don't get the statement about waste of time and money for two different releases. Since it was a PC only title (at one point) that had to be part of the plan when the console development teams started their work. They knew they weren't going to be able to catch up and have a simultaneous release.

So if I take all that into account, the posts from your official forums, and the fact that EA is now pulling the strings it's not hard to read between the lines. Don't take it the wrong way. It's just easier to say "delayed for the consoles" then to explain all the reasons that snowballed into the PC delay.

Either way I wish you the best. I love the early games and even liked Mass Effect to a lesser degree while playing. Also I hope Dragon Age Origins is all that it's been hyped up to be, and more. It looks good. I just won't buy it at release.

News Comments > No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins
15. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 4, 2009, 23:17 Paranoid Jack

I'm with necrosis. I'm still pissed beyond reason about the PC delay for console release. And the salt in the wound is them talking up how much DLC they'll have. Do any of you fanbois still think they are polishing away on the PC version?

Do get me wrong. I plan on buying it just not at full price. Hell, I may even get the old eye patch out and dust it off... argh, matie! lol

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie May 2, 2009, 13:11 Paranoid Jack

Looks fantastic. Too bad it's EA. Though I must say it's the first thing to get my attention drawn back toward an MMO since beta testing and retail testing the last few biggies.  

News Comments > GameFly vs. USPS
25. Re: GameFly vs. USPS Apr 24, 2009, 22:18 Paranoid Jack

I've dealt with them all for decades and worked for the USPS at one time. They all suck to varying degrees. And yes, they all handle packages as if they couldn't care less. That's why you package it well and/or get the insurance. Bulk mailing is cheap and gets no preferential treatment.

Hell, one percent? WTF are they complaining about? Oh, and GameFly sucks, anyway!

News Comments > CoH: Tales of Valor Patches
4. Re: CoH: Tales of Valor Patches Apr 24, 2009, 21:51 Paranoid Jack

I was disappointed to find out I was done with Tiger Ace (one of three) single player shorts... I can't even tell you how fast it was over but I would guess in less than an hour.

After that I didn't even try the other two... no matter, most of my time is spent in skirmish or MP.

Worth it to those who love CoH but over-all less than expected. Definitely if you can get the full package CoH/OF/ToV for a nice price... get it. Best RTS game evar!

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A
3. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A Apr 20, 2009, 22:48 Paranoid Jack

Well it appear there will be more than one Fallout game next year. But Bethesda hasn't revealed theirs yet. So I'm hoping Obsidian takes it away from the current game style and moves it closer toward what they do best.

I hope Alpha Protocol is as good as it looks. But if you look at the direction they took with it we may see another game in the same style as F3. As long as it's got better story and more to it than just tons of exploration I'm in.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2009, 22:50.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Revealed
41. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Revealed Apr 20, 2009, 22:31 Paranoid Jack

LoL, thanks for the laughs guys. I've been slaving in the yard most of the day and just got the J.E. Sawyer post then read this one after it.

I'm very happy to hear this. I agree most of Obsidian's games have not been great but still better than the last three Bethesda games. I'm hoping they nail it. And would like to thank Bethesda for farming out games.

I have a better idea why not buy some small studios that can actually make great games and write good stories and then use Bethesda to polish and help them along in development?

I lmao at CJ... but then he has always been an extremist. I stopped playing F3 on the PC because of the sporadic crashes and corrupt saved games. I never went back since the exploration was the only thing keeping me half-ass focused on playing it.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A
1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A Apr 20, 2009, 22:04 Paranoid Jack

WoW! I'm praying it's far better than F3.  

News Comments > Demigod & Piracy
94. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 18, 2009, 13:32 Paranoid Jack

No, there is a difference. And yes, I realize that most new search engines will provide links to illegal as well as legal sites/files.

Those four douches focused on illegal activities from day one. For how many years were they providing links to download illegally pirated media before legit companies began using Torrents to reduce their bandwidth costs? So comparing them to google is a joke right?

Trying to rationalize their years of illegal activity as a common practice because search engines now provide links to Torrent files/sites is how you justify your illegal use of media owned by others. And I hope this does change the way all engines/sites list them. De-listing the illegals and only listing the legal shit.

They had fair warning to stop the shit, repeatedly. Yet they pretended to be acting as if they we on a crusade fighting the evil empires that hold the rights to the software and media they were helping others steal and distribute freely. Get real.

I can only hope that where you live somebody will soon break in and steal all your valuables and then maybe you'll have some understanding? But I doubt it...

91. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 18, 2009, 00:44 Paranoid Jack

Bottom Line http://www.gametab.com/news/2951826/

You do the crime you may be doing the time now too. SWEET!

44. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 17, 2009, 13:09 Paranoid Jack

"Way to go humanity, you continue to be as selfish and ignorant as I expect you to be."

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking those same thoughts.

Even with the sales model changing, less on disc DRM, more on-line verification, and authentication being used it's clear to see that the market has reached a new low point... when even WorstBuy has reduced their PC gaming section of their stores things are grim.

Hell, when I went into LameStop to reserve Alpha Protocol... not only were all the employees I've known for years gone but the PC shelves had been reduced to one side of a three and a half by three and a half foot rack. WTF? So much wall space was covered with redundant boxes for all the console titles they're pushing... it was just retarded. Those fucks even let go the thirty-ish female manager to replace her with some kid who doesn't even appear to be old enough to shave. I heard him bragging to a customer about how "his" store had the most sales in the area. Guess what? The manager you replaced was doing just as well... but she didn't call it her store. So much for sales numbers giving you some type of job security.

Oh, take a look at the PC game releases due this year. I can't remember such an abysmal offering. Scanning through the coming soon pages it appears most releases are the $30 straight to bargain bin games developed for casual gamers. Are those types of games still selling? Does Walmart sell enough of them to justify that a dozen are released every month?

So we're now left with the MMOs and a few PC only titles, games that don't/won't work on a console. Everything else is low budget or a console port. Yet people still say piracy isn't effecting the market and that piracy has always been there yet it didn't stop other games from reaching blockbuster sales.

There is no denying it. Piracy has grown beyond measure. When any twelve year old can get online and download movies/music/games before a paying customer can legally purchase those items the shit has gotten way out of hand. And then those same idiots that pirate these forms of media cry about how much they hate DRM. Get a clue.

I guess the digital distribution and online authentication model will take over far sooner than I thought. Way to go idiots.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2009, 13:24.

1748 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo