Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins
15. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 4, 2009, 23:17 Paranoid Jack

I'm with necrosis. I'm still pissed beyond reason about the PC delay for console release. And the salt in the wound is them talking up how much DLC they'll have. Do any of you fanbois still think they are polishing away on the PC version?

Do get me wrong. I plan on buying it just not at full price. Hell, I may even get the old eye patch out and dust it off... argh, matie! lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Movie May 2, 2009, 13:11 Paranoid Jack

Looks fantastic. Too bad it's EA. Though I must say it's the first thing to get my attention drawn back toward an MMO since beta testing and retail testing the last few biggies.  

News Comments > GameFly vs. USPS
25. Re: GameFly vs. USPS Apr 24, 2009, 22:18 Paranoid Jack

I've dealt with them all for decades and worked for the USPS at one time. They all suck to varying degrees. And yes, they all handle packages as if they couldn't care less. That's why you package it well and/or get the insurance. Bulk mailing is cheap and gets no preferential treatment.

Hell, one percent? WTF are they complaining about? Oh, and GameFly sucks, anyway!

News Comments > CoH: Tales of Valor Patches
4. Re: CoH: Tales of Valor Patches Apr 24, 2009, 21:51 Paranoid Jack

I was disappointed to find out I was done with Tiger Ace (one of three) single player shorts... I can't even tell you how fast it was over but I would guess in less than an hour.

After that I didn't even try the other two... no matter, most of my time is spent in skirmish or MP.

Worth it to those who love CoH but over-all less than expected. Definitely if you can get the full package CoH/OF/ToV for a nice price... get it. Best RTS game evar!

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A
3. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A Apr 20, 2009, 22:48 Paranoid Jack

Well it appear there will be more than one Fallout game next year. But Bethesda hasn't revealed theirs yet. So I'm hoping Obsidian takes it away from the current game style and moves it closer toward what they do best.

I hope Alpha Protocol is as good as it looks. But if you look at the direction they took with it we may see another game in the same style as F3. As long as it's got better story and more to it than just tons of exploration I'm in.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2009, 22:50.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Revealed
41. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Revealed Apr 20, 2009, 22:31 Paranoid Jack

LoL, thanks for the laughs guys. I've been slaving in the yard most of the day and just got the J.E. Sawyer post then read this one after it.

I'm very happy to hear this. I agree most of Obsidian's games have not been great but still better than the last three Bethesda games. I'm hoping they nail it. And would like to thank Bethesda for farming out games.

I have a better idea why not buy some small studios that can actually make great games and write good stories and then use Bethesda to polish and help them along in development?

I lmao at CJ... but then he has always been an extremist. I stopped playing F3 on the PC because of the sporadic crashes and corrupt saved games. I never went back since the exploration was the only thing keeping me half-ass focused on playing it.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A
1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Devs, Q&A Apr 20, 2009, 22:04 Paranoid Jack

WoW! I'm praying it's far better than F3.  

News Comments > Demigod & Piracy
94. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 18, 2009, 13:32 Paranoid Jack

No, there is a difference. And yes, I realize that most new search engines will provide links to illegal as well as legal sites/files.

Those four douches focused on illegal activities from day one. For how many years were they providing links to download illegally pirated media before legit companies began using Torrents to reduce their bandwidth costs? So comparing them to google is a joke right?

Trying to rationalize their years of illegal activity as a common practice because search engines now provide links to Torrent files/sites is how you justify your illegal use of media owned by others. And I hope this does change the way all engines/sites list them. De-listing the illegals and only listing the legal shit.

They had fair warning to stop the shit, repeatedly. Yet they pretended to be acting as if they we on a crusade fighting the evil empires that hold the rights to the software and media they were helping others steal and distribute freely. Get real.

I can only hope that where you live somebody will soon break in and steal all your valuables and then maybe you'll have some understanding? But I doubt it...

91. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 18, 2009, 00:44 Paranoid Jack

Bottom Line http://www.gametab.com/news/2951826/

You do the crime you may be doing the time now too. SWEET!

44. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 17, 2009, 13:09 Paranoid Jack

"Way to go humanity, you continue to be as selfish and ignorant as I expect you to be."

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking those same thoughts.

Even with the sales model changing, less on disc DRM, more on-line verification, and authentication being used it's clear to see that the market has reached a new low point... when even WorstBuy has reduced their PC gaming section of their stores things are grim.

Hell, when I went into LameStop to reserve Alpha Protocol... not only were all the employees I've known for years gone but the PC shelves had been reduced to one side of a three and a half by three and a half foot rack. WTF? So much wall space was covered with redundant boxes for all the console titles they're pushing... it was just retarded. Those fucks even let go the thirty-ish female manager to replace her with some kid who doesn't even appear to be old enough to shave. I heard him bragging to a customer about how "his" store had the most sales in the area. Guess what? The manager you replaced was doing just as well... but she didn't call it her store. So much for sales numbers giving you some type of job security.

Oh, take a look at the PC game releases due this year. I can't remember such an abysmal offering. Scanning through the coming soon pages it appears most releases are the $30 straight to bargain bin games developed for casual gamers. Are those types of games still selling? Does Walmart sell enough of them to justify that a dozen are released every month?

So we're now left with the MMOs and a few PC only titles, games that don't/won't work on a console. Everything else is low budget or a console port. Yet people still say piracy isn't effecting the market and that piracy has always been there yet it didn't stop other games from reaching blockbuster sales.

There is no denying it. Piracy has grown beyond measure. When any twelve year old can get online and download movies/music/games before a paying customer can legally purchase those items the shit has gotten way out of hand. And then those same idiots that pirate these forms of media cry about how much they hate DRM. Get a clue.

I guess the digital distribution and online authentication model will take over far sooner than I thought. Way to go idiots.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2009, 13:24.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Demo, Sale
5. Re: Jump through hoops? Apr 16, 2009, 02:25 Paranoid Jack

I've played thru the first four scenarios and I'm loving it so far. Think I'll buy this instead of Demigod.  

News Comments > Demigod Day 0 Report
40. Re: Demigod Day 0 Report Apr 15, 2009, 22:29 Paranoid Jack

I may also pick it up tomorrow mourning but not a hundred percent sold yet. I'm download the DoW2 single player demo to try it out first.

35. Re: Demigod Day 0 Report Apr 15, 2009, 20:35 Paranoid Jack

I'm not trying to slight GPG by saying this because I know they love making games and seem to have a great work ethic. Not to mention a very nice work environment from what I remember... years ago. That said, depending on your views, their games range from great to horrid. Which is par for the course since you can't please everyone. Anyway, since I haven't seen anything about any free content beyond the two more Demigods that were mentioned I have to assume the new maps will be at a cost, right?  

28. Re: Demigod Day 0 Report Apr 15, 2009, 16:48 Paranoid Jack

I've been on the fence for a few days and would also love a demo. Though I doubt we'll get one. No matter. The biggest hurdle for me is GPGs track record. I bought DS and was bored to tears about half way into it. Then I made the mistake of listening to a friend and bought DS2 so we could play Co-Op. I didn't even think about Space Siege or SC. So now I am wondering should I give them (GPG) one more try?

It looks fun. But after being let down by Tales of Valor I'm not sure I want to be let down (or screwed over) again... so soon.

As far as the whining goes... one mans whining is another mans legitimate complaint. Get use to it.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Announcement
30. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Announcement Apr 15, 2009, 12:42 Paranoid Jack

LMAO, hypocritical much? You sound like quite a few of the younger blokes I drank with in the pubs while I lived in jolly old England. I'm afraid like them you've let movies and the telly influence your thought process.

Let me fix this one for you, ok?

American movies seem to try and change events to suit them. Some would have you believe that American forces found the only enigma machine during the war and that America won the war by themselves.

There that's better?

This next one... I can't really fix because though you may be right to a degree you have totally forgotten your own countries history. I know we all do it from time to time. Do some reading and stop watching programing and/or movies expecting them to be the truth or even factual.

"You americans go on about war with terror, well us brits have had the IRA for years while you lot were giving them funds, as the IRA had a charity over in NY and you gave them money even knowing who they were, but at the time "YOU DIDNT GIVE A SHIT COS IT WASN'T IN YOUR BACK GARDEN." Now you want us to give a shit??"

Why do you think the IRA is doing what they are doing? Hmmm? I'm not saying it's right. And I surely don't agree but if I'm not mistaken your country took control of their country. Again read something besides comic books... though some of them can be quite entertaining.

"I believe that you caused the war with terror as you invaded the countries going off intel that Mr(moron)Bush had."

http://www.computerbytesman.com/privacy/blair.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodgy_dossier

Guess who was right there with us? Oh, but it was W's fault wasn't it? And do you think he was the one collecting that Intel? You do realize that he had numerous advisers and numerous agencies feeding him that info? Just like your own PM. Do you blame Tony Blair also?

"All i can say is that i wouldn't and never thought that the terrorists attacked the twin towers, I know all about physics and them towers didnt look like they fell down by themselves, it didnt make sense by the way they fell and at the speed they fell or how it could fall with the building structure as it was. Ok you saw 2 planes go into them but that isnt enough to bring them down. After reading the 911 report all i can say is that you have alot of very powerful people in your country who can hide anything."

Oh, boy! I think I watched the same program that you did. But I didn't come away with a degree in structural engineering as it appears you did. How's that working out for you? Have you landed any good jobs yet?

No country is perfect. The US has done a lot of stupid shit in the past but to think your country (or any other) hasn't is just retarded. Governments do what they deem best to protect their interests. That doesn't make it right.

I'm wondering what you think about the current administration? Please, enlighten me. I'm bored. One tip though use a spell checker next time... you won't seems so poorly educated.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2009, 13:35.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Announcement
9. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Announcement Apr 14, 2009, 16:21 Paranoid Jack

OldScho0l, you nailed it. I was very interested in the game when the hoopla started and they used the word "realistic". Now they come out with this bullshit about "third person shooter". WTF? Has everyone lost touch with reality?  

News Comments > GameStop New/Used Game Hijinks?
11. Re: GameStop New/Used Game Hijinks? Apr 10, 2009, 01:21 Paranoid Jack

LMAO, yeah not only GameStop but every store out there resells used as new. Bought a router from BestBuy years ago and got it home to find out it was locked down with somebodies password. They had repackaged it and resold it as new. I even noticed the box was a bit messed up and told the punk ass kid at the counter... he told me it was a new item.

So after using it for three weeks and finding out it was a shit wireless router I returned it and they most likely repackaged it and put it back on the shelf again. Only I wrote on the bottom of the modem, "this is not new, dumbass".

I've bought games through out the years from GameStop (or EB Games before it) that were empty boxes on the shelf where they had to go in the back to locate the disc(s). Even though they had door sensors to stop theft. So I figured they were opening them to try them out.

Are they still smoking weed out back too... I wonder?

News Comments > CoH: Tales of Valor Ships, Canadian CD Key Woes
1. Re: CoH: Tales of Valor Ships, Canadian CD Key Woes Apr 9, 2009, 18:59 Paranoid Jack

I'm starting to feel as if this expansion isn't quite as good as it could have been. I loved the original and the first add-on though it took some getting use to. I mostly play skirmish mode and some multi-player. Hardly played the campaigns but what I did play was a hell of a lot longer than Tiger Ace.

This expansion adds about ten or twelve new vehicles to skirmish mode but those are scattered through out the four armies. I also played through the Tiger Aces campaign so fast I couldn't believe it was over so quickly. There are two more but I'd bet they're just as brief.

I haven't played any of the new multi-player modes yet nor have I figured out how many new maps where added though it doesn't appear to be very many. Oh, well. I guess it's par for the course lately. Always being let down by what's being released on PC lately.

Has anyone else bought it and felt the same?

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2009, 19:00.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2009, 12:42 Paranoid Jack

Funny that you posted about this today. I just got a pop up and deverted from Blues to SpywareRemover.Com but when I tried to exist the shit it was clearly spyware or worse. I got a link sent to my e-mail about this thread but when I got there the thread had no new posts. I had already seen them yesterday or the day before.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=97207

As soon as I read the last post and realized it was not a new post the warning popped up advising me I had spyware and changed from the Blue's thread to a bogus SpywareRemover.Com site.

I'm beta testing Vista 2.0 ..... I mean Windows 7 Ultimate. Has anyone else had this?

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo