Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1732 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Racism Accusations
16. Re: Valve on Racism Accusations Jul 31, 2009, 00:09 Paranoid Jack

If these idiots get their way all zombies/people/tangos in games will be green and unisex. Seriously it's getting a bit retarded this week. If so many people weren't so fucking insecure... well, maybe we all could... just get along.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minorities in Games
29. Re: Minorities in Games Jul 30, 2009, 22:48 Paranoid Jack

"I've been wishing for a decent game with a believably written gay protagonist for years"

What, you didn't play Half-Life?

All joking aside. It's a dead horse in my opinion. Yes, there will always be racism. It's human nature. But it's amazing what a little education can over-come when the student is open minded. I think most people are intelligent enough to judge by means other than skin color. I don't hate one race more than another... when it comes to idiots I'm an equal opportunity hater.

What drivers me nutts is being told a certain group is a minority when they are actually a majority where I live. How the fuck does that work?

What is even more crazy is being accused of racism by some idiot who is so stupid (and racist) that he/she doesn't even know they are the racist. It's like taking reverse racism to all time highs.

I know... it just doesn't pay to question the thought process of the poorly educated drug addled mind... so stop making fun of me.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2009, 23:14.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2009, 21:33 Paranoid Jack

Damn, I haven't finished Men of War (for $7.50) yet... but who can pass up these deals? It's no wonder their sales are up almost 100%...

I loved the single-player demo and I'm sure the campaign will be well worth the $25. Not to mention skirmish mode which I love... and some multi-player sprinkled in for good times.

If this trend continues I doubt I'll purchase more than a couple new releases a year... a drastic change from the dozen or more I use to buy before WoW sucked me in during beta.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 24, 2009, 22:22 Paranoid Jack

I am finally going to jump on Men of War. But is it anything like Soldiers? I loved those old games where you could take out an enemy tank or make the crew abandon it... kill them all... repair their tank and take it over... or just scavenge fuel and ammo from it.

Is it anything like that? Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 was great for those kind of moments. Not to mention taking total control of one tank, using the keyboard to drive/turn/aim the turret and fire.

Oh, and if any of you have been under a rock for the past ten years or just never got around to playing Fallout... here is another fantastic deal. Regular price not so good but the sale price is.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=6367061&extid=July2209

News Comments > RAGE Website Update
1. Re: RAGE Website Update Jul 23, 2009, 12:16 Paranoid Jack

Hmm, slight spoiler for those who have yet to visit the TODAY tab of the site.... is there a code that activates the pod or is it just another teaser?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2009, 11:18 Paranoid Jack

Yeah, I agree I stopped getting excited about id games after Q2 shipped. Though I played some Arena and Live a couple years after retail when my wife bought me the games on the cheap for X-Mas. But as was so eloquently posted earlier... getting old sucks. After climbing poles and crawling houses all day the old fingers just aren't up to twitch game-play.

I still have the old shareware disc around here someplace that I bought at Software Etc. Plus all the old retail copies of both 1 & 2 and their add-ons. Maybe I'll load them up.

Rage has me semi excited again. I hope they can pull it off. Looks great but not sure they can pull off a story.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Movie
5. Re: Alpha Protocol Movie Jul 22, 2009, 23:28 Paranoid Jack

Looks both good and bad at times. But I must say this video makes me want the game again. One E3 video had the opposite effect. This time I like everything expect that whole Barbarian's Rage.... I mean Martial Arts Fury thing. Looked kinda cheesy and had that whole bullet time feel to it. Doubt I will ever play it that way so it won't really bother me. Bottom line... if there are as many choices as they say this will be a fun game. Seems they're building it so that almost everyone will find a way to enjoy the game-play. Now we only need to worry about AI and level design.  

News Comments > RAGE Info Incoming
19. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 01:42 Paranoid Jack

I finally read that wiki (thx headkase). I never knew it was the violence that caused Jackson to pull out. Ironic isn't it?

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2009, 01:44.

16. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 23:14 Paranoid Jack

From what I remember the game was almost done and they had a falling out with Steve Jackson about something (probably money) and so they created the SPECIAL system. I think it was a good thing over-all.  

4. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 12:34 Paranoid Jack

Fallout 4: Tales of Rage?

DLC #1 Fallout 4: Car Armor

DLC #2 Fallout 4: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Chainsaws Only)

DLC #3 Fallout 4: Raging Road Warriors (nothing but the Rage Racing)

yeah, yeah... I know not funny....

2. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 12:13 Paranoid Jack

Well it definitely looks good. But we all know id is not known for their story driven games. More like action driven with just enough story to call it a story.

Anyway, does anyone else find it bizarre that the studio which made Fallout 3 and the studio creating a similar game with a superior engine would end up under the same umbrella? Hmmm....

Wonder how long it is before the announcement that Fallout 4 will be made with Tech 5?

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again
12. Re: Alpha Protocol Preorders: PC Screwed Again Jul 11, 2009, 00:10 Paranoid Jack

"Really they should blame the TV makers! Huge plasma whilst bumming on the sofa or much smaller monitor whilst sat at a desk."

Try this on for size: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026 http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11236988

I've had that monitor for over a year and a half... I can play any PC game in comfort (you may want to get a better office chair)... not to mention PS3 and 360 games.

I still agree with that part about the sofa since it's a blast to play games on 50" plasma from ten feet away with friends and family lounging on the couch.

As far as Sony and AP, I'm glad to see that not just EA and DAO are content to screw the PC market.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Trailers
11. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 09:14 Paranoid Jack

I'm starting to think along the lines of what Jerykk said in his last post. Though I'm one of those who has plans to wait a month or two before purchasing.

Funny, I missed the fact that the blades cutting through throats (and other body parts) weren't coming out the other side with spurts of blood. Please, tell me it was mistakenly turned off or that was the German version they were playing.

News Comments > Return to AoC Program
14. Re: Return to AoC Program Jul 8, 2009, 22:17 Paranoid Jack

Sweet! I got the e-mail the other day but today's e-mail has all pertinent info. Things to remember...

"Your 14 day re-evaluation period starts when you first log into the game."

"This free re-evaluation offer is only valid until 2009-07-22."

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Trailers
1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 8, 2009, 21:45 Paranoid Jack

Finally some more game-play footage. I don't want to let go of my PC snubbing anger but... I must say I am slightly impressed. The animations looked quite good. Love the killing moves shown. I assumed these are PC footage... if not and the game looks that good on the PS3 and/or the 360 color me even more impressed.  

News Comments > Alpha Protocol in October
3. Re: Alpha Protocol in October Jul 2, 2009, 22:39 Paranoid Jack

After seeing the E3 video this year I am far less excited than before. I'm hoping the game-play footage was from one of the consoles since I was planning on buying PC. I know it's premature to judge a game on just a few minutes of actual game-play but that is exactly why they created demos. Anyway I hope I am wrong because I really want this game to be good... better than good, great.  

News Comments > Runes of Magic Expanding in August
4. Re: Runes of Magic Expanding in August Jun 26, 2009, 21:20 Paranoid Jack

We have to remember that one man's grind-fest is another man's entertainment. And of course this rule extends across all forms of entertainment and/or media.

For example I've read threads on forums with dozens of people touting a novel or an author as one of the best. Then I go out and pick up a copy only to find the author's writing style is boring and the story cliched beyond all reason.

In the end there is rarely a way to explain or fully understand the tastes of somebody different from yourself. I still can't believe there are people out there that do not like the taste of beer of one kind or another... just can't get my mind around that.

Oh, it took me forever to get a non-corrupt copy of RoM downloaded only to find it won't boot on my Vista/Win7 dual boot system.

News Comments > Age of Conan Updated
15. Re: Age of Conan Updated Jun 25, 2009, 22:42 Paranoid Jack

Will W, you must not have got the e-mail they have had welcome back trails. I've been waiting for a reason to go back but at this point don't really want to invest the time. So I'll wait a bit longer.

Fion, how is the new PvP? I loved the old style just hated there was no negative to the grievers. Did they implement the penalties like they originally had proposed? Do the high level players ganking lower levels become flagged and/or have a bounty put on their heads like they were wanting to do?

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2009, 21:39 Paranoid Jack

Doesn't Paul own Micheal's music catalog? Or did he sell it back to him? I could have sworn he bought it and Micheal wanted the rights back but Paul wouldn't sell it back for any less than he payed for it.  

News Comments > America's Army 3 Patch Plans
19. Re: America's Army 3 Patch Plans Jun 20, 2009, 15:27 Paranoid Jack

M$ or TimeWarner? Still just warm...

Hint 2: Think Logo.

1732 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo