Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1732 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Origins
34. Re: If D2D ever unlocks it... Nov 3, 2009, 14:18 Paranoid Jack

Loving this new DSL connection 7.85 GB in about an hour. Not to shabby...

I held off on Demon Souls and Torchlight until I get over Dragon Age and finished with Risen. Hell, I haven't even broken the shrink wrap on Uncharted 2 yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: If D2D ever unlocks it... Nov 3, 2009, 13:08 Paranoid Jack

Well I've learned another time that if you're in a hurry for the game go pick it up.

I bought D2D's version with the $5 guide since I know my friend will be asking me a ton of questions. I hate using guides but what the hell for an extra $5 I got it. So I downloaded the game yesterday and was waiting for the unlock. It didn't happen at ten so I went to my account and it had another page I'd never seen. It had all my codes and other stuff. I hit the download button hoping it (their download manager) would see I already had it... but no... it's downloading the entire game again. At least I think it is. It's screaming at 1.4Mbps but still. LoL

13. Re: If D2D ever unlocks it... Nov 3, 2009, 12:40 Paranoid Jack

Most of us are going PC some 360 but strange enough my friend in Jersey just bought the PS3 version which wasn't supposed to be out until Nov 17th. They really screwed the pooch on this one. When I went in LameStop the manager didn't know shit about this game. He told me there is no street date yet.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Part 2
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Part 2 Nov 2, 2009, 18:15 Paranoid Jack

No matter what somebody... anyone says while discussing games in a games forum even and no doubt... somebody will call it whining. So what do we call it when people are whining about others posting comments about games that aren't really whining but somehow several posters will always make the stretch to consider any comment whining?

Isn't that whining about whining that isn't whining? Strange little cycle some people seem to get caught up in. Maybe Sargos gave his whole get outside enjoy life advise to the wrong person? If you people don't like discussions concerning games why are you visiting these forums to begin with?

25. Re: Borderlands Nov 2, 2009, 17:48 Paranoid Jack

"You would ignore the huge advantages Steam has over EA and D2D just because they might release it a few minutes late?"

I don't think you have read or paid attention to all the info. Steam's release will be two hours later (noon) at the earliest. And we all know their noon release is nothing concrete. Big... huge difference when you're trying to say "minutes". Besides I'm fed up with their total lack of info when it comes to highly anticipated releases. I know they're the big man on campus but that doesn't mean proper customer service or even responding to these questions on their forums is not necessary.

"I think you need to put the keyboard down now and step outside. The place beyond the doorway. Your future depends on it."

So now you know me? From one little post? Are you The Amazing Kreskin? LoL, Come on down we'll go for a stroll along the bike path. I'll see if you can keep up with me while we jog eight or ten miles.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2009, 18:17.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Part 2 Nov 2, 2009, 11:42 Paranoid Jack

Direct2Drive now has a special for both versions of DOA. For $5 more you get the Prima Guide with it. Not bad if you use guides... still looking as far as their "unlock time".

Edit: D'oH! It's rigth there in little blue letters. 10am PDT so unless Valve gets their heads out I will be buying D2D. I love Steam but hate the way they screw you around some releases. Especially if you have the day off and want to play the game as soon as possible.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2009, 11:50.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Part 2 Nov 2, 2009, 11:20 Paranoid Jack

I held off with all my might and didn't buy Torchlight because of DOA. And I haven't bought DOA yet... digitally at least until I'm sure they are unlocking it before the late afternoon. I know you can get it from EA.Com for a 10am PST unlock and it's a pre-load. Any other digital distribution sites doing a guaranteed AM unlock?

Looks as if Steam is a Noon-ish unlock but they have a poor record of not sticking to their damned countdown clock. So that leaves me with EA.Com or D2D.

News Comments > PC Gamer UK: Dragon Age "RPG of the Decade"
26. Re: PC Gamer: Dragon Age Oct 27, 2009, 00:59 Paranoid Jack

From the look of the movies our party will be on fire half the game...  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Interviews
1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Interviews Oct 13, 2009, 22:32 Paranoid Jack

Finally some better marketing videos. And even though this is all CGI it's nice to see it. I haven't read any of the latest flurry of interviews. I think I have heard enough but I like to see a bit more... my guess is I'll have to stop reading and watching all the hype so as not to turn me off or spoil the games release. Wasn't planning on buying Dragon Age day one but when Alpha Protocol slipped into 2010 it left a hole in my Fall line-up.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/sacred_ashes.html

edit: I think I remember that too Creston. I think they mentioned it was in pre-production?

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2009, 23:38.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
45. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 7, 2009, 22:53 Paranoid Jack

After readings some of the responses here I see how varied peoples reaction to something like this can. Not really a huge surprise for the BluesNews forums.

My initial response was.. cool! But then I too started to question why and how this DLC came to be ready for sales the same day as well. Now the only question I really have is... is it worth $7.00? But then that is very subjective too is it not?

I'll need to read the full review and/or description of the DLC before I decide since there will most likely be user made content within days if not hours of release. So for all you offended just chill. Decide if you want the game for what the game is and what it has to offer. Yeah, there have been quite a few marketing speed bumps since Spring but if the final product is as good as they say I for one can forgive and forget.

And not to kiss ass or anything like it... thanks for the feed-back Derek.

News Comments > OFP: Dragon Rising Dedicated Server Plea
23. Re: OFP: Dragon Rising Dedicated Server Plea Oct 7, 2009, 19:59 Paranoid Jack

A friend almost talked me into buying this one two days ago. I'm glad I held off because as with the previous games (OFP and ArmA) I spent 75% of my time playing multi-player... and since Dragon Rising's multi-player community will be hampered by the current situation I think I'll pass on this one.

I've held off on ArmA2 also and I'm some what glad I waited on it also. I'm sure I will pick up ArmA2 eventually but I'm so glad I didn't jump on that TrackIR5 package.

News Comments > On BiS's Cancelled Fallout 3
2. Re: On BiS's Cancelled Fallout 3 Oct 7, 2009, 18:31 Paranoid Jack

Sorry (but also glad) to see Alpha Protocol slip into 2010. Sorry because I wanted it now. Glad because there are just too damned many good games out now and/or coming out very soon. Plus I'd be willing to bet it needed more polish. I just hope they use the extra time to their full advantage. I like Obsidian and I think the game will be good at the very least.

I'm busy with Risen, which is superb... even if some may think it's short. I've had numerous hours of fun so far and I went straight for Harbor Town and have yet to finish half the quests in there.

Uncharted 2 is going to be huge. It's a blast to play Co-Op and Multi-Player... and the Single-Player game is suppose to be the second coming. So that one will eat up a lot of time too.

Then we have Dragon Age: Origins which will be good if not great. I'm thinking I'll be more than happy with it since I haven't followed it with baited breath.

I'm with you on Fallout: Vegas. I hope they take the best of F3 and add tons more cRPG elements too it. I'll be somewhat disappointed if they make another 3rd person shooter but with more RPG in it... it could work. Hell, it worked for Bethesda and F3 was lite on the RPG. More of an action adventure game if you ask me.

Anyway, things are looking good for the next six months. And most likely we'll be getting Rage during that time frame also. Which leads me to the possibility (since id was bought out) that the tech5 engine may be used for both Fallout 4 and Fallout Vegas. Exciting times ahead for us gamers.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen
47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen Oct 3, 2009, 17:32 Paranoid Jack

As far as the voice acting and graphics... I think they are both quite good. I have yet to hear any NPCs repeatedly moaning the same line in multiple personalities. I would say the voice acting is average or above. The cut-scenes aren't much as far as length but the in-game dialogs are good. I'm enjoying myself completely.

As far as that Glen Beck video it was for a magazine cover photo shoot. Use your brain, Dude. What did you think he used Vicks to make himself cry while he's on the radio? Not extremely familiar with his programs but I thought he was a radio talk show host?

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen Oct 3, 2009, 11:03 Paranoid Jack

D'oH! That's what I figured. Oh, well it a great environment to play in so I'll scratch them all and start over. Thanks for the quick reply. Can't play til I get out and run my five though.  

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen Oct 3, 2009, 10:36 Paranoid Jack

Yo can somebody read between the lines... if you have already traveled to Harbor Town in Risen, please?

"Spoiler Question For Anyone More Than A Few Hours Into It Who Chose To Visit The Town...

I got to Harbor Town but it's vacant. Did I bug my game possibly by using the save from the demo? Everything had been fine up until reaching Harbor Town to find it empty.
********************** "

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen Oct 3, 2009, 01:37 Paranoid Jack

Spoiler Question For Anyone More Than A Few Hours Into It Who Chose To Visit The Town...

I got to Harbor Town but it's vacant. Did I bug my game possibly by using the save from the demo? Everything had been fine up until reaching Harbor City to find it empty.

News Comments > Risen Demo Rises [Updated]
39. Re: Risen Demo Rises Oct 2, 2009, 11:52 Paranoid Jack

This game screams Gothic 1 and 2... which is fantastic.

Now if I could just get my hands on the actual release. I don't want to have to repeat a lot of what the demo has so I have stopped myself at the first fork in the road or fork in the story paths. Worst of all Steam's release is at 3PM and not a pre-load so I'm weighing that against the clueless LameStop. At least LameStop gets their UPS shipment in early so I may have a copy before Steam releases. This has been another crazy European release with too many variations on the release date and time.

Feels good to actually be excited about playing a PC game again...

News Comments > Risen Demo Rises [Updated]
27. Re: Risen Demo Rises Oct 1, 2009, 22:41 Paranoid Jack

Is the Steam release at midnight? It says 16 hours from now. That would make it tomorrow afternoon sometime...  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Microtransactions?
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 1, 2009, 21:01 Paranoid Jack

I pray it doesn't but as long as I get the whole enchilada for my monthly subscription fee I'm ok with what ever else they feel they need to do to milk Joe Public.

HellSlayer, aren't you one of the people who was defending Hellgate London before release? Not that I'm seeing a trend or anything...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailer Sep 30, 2009, 23:11 Paranoid Jack

I agree with you both... and wish I would have seen this...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40300/

... before ordering from GoGamer. This is the best deal if you can't pick it up locally for $40. Bad news is the confusion at the local stores. LameStop has told me so many different things I doubt they'll have it come release day... which according to them is Saturday the 3rd. Think I'll cancel my order and get it from Steam. If possible...

1732 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo