Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1728 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 3, 2014, 23:00 Paranoid Jack

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 18:45:
Kinect-based system monitoring the Korean border.

If it works well enough to keep track of the North Koreans, think of what it will do for your living room!

Although, one of the GWJ guys was saying his XB1 kept mistaking the dog for his wife.

Glad I didn't get one. If I had an XBone it would have thought I was a Sheik with a harem since I have so many dogs...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Music Beta Nears
6. Re: Steam Music Beta Nears Feb 3, 2014, 22:55 Paranoid Jack

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 18:47:
Cool! Can't wait for this. There's nothing like flying through space in X3 Albion Prelude to the sweet, sweet sounds of my 26 disc collection of Barry Manilow.

Say WHAT! Barry Manilow had 26 discs?

Say WHAT! Valve wants in on some of that sweet cash iTunes is making?

News Comments > PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales
3. Re: PC Minecraft Passes 14M Sales Feb 2, 2014, 12:08 Paranoid Jack

Just goes to show that graphics over gameplay is not a sure thing when it comes to selling games. Like so many other indie games over the past few years... graphically they look like throwbacks to the '90s but their gameplay is what makes them huge sellers.

I'd like to know the numbers for all platforms combined. I know I bought it for the X-Box 360 and the Android. Though the PC was my favorite place to play.

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Video
4. Re: Dark Souls 2 Video Jan 30, 2014, 23:50 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 23:35:
Dunno, combat just looks too unchanged/unimproved. Dark Souls was already basically more of the same, itself... isn't looking like they are trying to move forward at all.

Move forward to what? It is hard but fair combat. I don't think there is much they could do to improve upon the combat. What would you suggest?

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
28. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 22:53 Paranoid Jack

Just FYI, if you buy the Digital Imperial Edition on GreenManGaming it's currently 25% off so you get the Imperial Edition swag for the price of the standard edition. Not bad. Though I'm not 100% sold on the game yet. I too only play a couple months tops now before moving on. So I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth if/when I pull the trigger on this one.

And I'm thinking it will be F2P/Micro Transactions within two years. Not sure anyone including Blizzard has what it takes anymore. For those of us that have played a dozen or more MMOs over the past two decades they all got that been there done that feeling.

I'm scheduled to work the weekend again soon. I'm betting that is their next Beta Test period. I never got far enough into the game to get a really good feel for it but I had fun what time I did spend. So I'm thinking I just may jump on that GMG code... it's only good until 1600UTC Monday 3rd February, so don't miss out!

edit: Also ( I got four e-mails about this launch from different sites) if you buy from U-Play the Digital Imperial Edition lands you a FREE copy of AC4 and the Standard Editon lands you a FREE copy of AC3. Again not bad deals... (PC versions of course)

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2014, 23:02.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 18:20 Paranoid Jack

Jesus, is everybody in a shit mood today? So the Bats didn't like an early access game and asked for a refund. Big fucking deal. People are different, all of us. So he thinks the Sims is shite... it is to a lot of us. No reason for half a dozen of you to insult him and question his intelligence. A lot of people including myself occasionally post stupid shit here. Is there some unknown rule going on here where we can only post the most intelligent conversations. If so we all have failed... miserably. And if we are all going to attack each other for it... we may as well change the name from Blue's News to the RPG Codex 2 or some other shit site with a bunch of elite assholes that rip into each other on a constant basis. Sorry, Codex, but that is why I stopped visiting the site and forums there. So go ahead and rip me all you want...

edit: Am I just being overly sensitive here?

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2014, 20:29.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 13:57 Paranoid Jack

Without getting in the middle of this shit flinging contest I thought I would chime in on DayZ. I bought ArmA2 for the second time to play the Mod a year or two back. Recently I got a notice that Worth A Buy had another DayZ review up and it is worth a listen because he nails it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xwEYo3aF4

I have a love/hate relationship with DayZ. Lately it is all about keeping my distance and not paying a third time for ArmA2. Hell, I already bought ArmA3 because the videos made it appear less clunky... it is not. Barely any difference from ArmA or ArmA2.

News Comments > Dungeonforge Kickstarter
11. Re: Dungeonforge Kickstarter Jan 25, 2014, 23:14 Paranoid Jack

Xil wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 12:17:
the start seems to be to slow to even reach the 60k though, but yes fingers crossed.

On another note, not sure it was on blues yet, this rpg kickstarter blew past it's goal in no time Kingdom Come: Deliverance
and in some parts I get a witcher 2 vibe, just a little... sorry

Saw that one and I'm in. Here is another interesting one which promises a hardcore MMO from some MMO Vets.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

edit: Also in on Dungeonforge. Oh, those enbarrasing typos...

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2014, 02:50.

News Comments > EQN Landmark Alpha System Requirements
5. Re: EQN Landmark Alpha System Requirements Jan 25, 2014, 00:06 Paranoid Jack

Even after watching a few videos I am confused. Seems like an MMO meets Minecraft meets test our future product with us type game?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: HBO Jan 17, 2014, 10:14 Paranoid Jack

Pigeon wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 09:59:
Do you still need a cable provider and package to get HBO Go? Yes, then who cares. Start selling it as a separate service and you'll have my interest.

I subscribed to HBO just to see Season 3 of Game of Thrones on HBO Go. So I agree there is a huge untapped audience there. The channel goes for what, $16 per month? And, yes, I realize I can download a 50mb app that will allow me to watch Game of Thrones and loads of other pirated programs all free. But I don't pirate!

I think they could get away with charging $5 or maybe $8 a month for access to Go and people would be happy to pay it for a couple months. Or until they get caught up on Boardwalk Empire and Thrones.... maybe a couple other. They could ape Netflix with no problems. Win win as I see it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
23. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 15, 2014, 02:28 Paranoid Jack

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 22:04:
Clancy's writing went a bit off the rails later in his career imo. I didn't like his last several books nearly as much as his earlier works. Judging by the customer ratings on Amazon, I am not the only one. You can tell generally tell if a Clancy book is earlier or later in his career by its rating alone. Later books don't generally review as well as earlier ones. Still sad he is gone - he was a creative and foresightful fellow.

Sad but true. My favorite was and still is Rainbow Six. Though quite a few books before and after it were quite good. I stopped reading him when I noticed two names appearing on the covers. And I'll admit I've become interested in this latest Jack Ryan movie. Can't be any worse than the one with Affleck.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
19. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 21:52 Paranoid Jack

siapnar wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 21:38:
This is exactly what all you Rainbow Six fans wanted, right? RIGHT?

Nope, we wanted a sequel to the original Ghost Recon with better/expanded system to issue orders for the troops you are not occupying. Nothing to do with the console versions which followed it. The original Ghost Recon was the shizzit!

I think after the original PC only Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six Raven Shield they pretty much lost their way. I'm willing to bet their sales figures will back that up... now they are stamping Tom Clancy on everything... hence The Division. But you can not deny that game looks bad axe. I just pray they add a first person option to it. Because 3rd person shooters with no 1st person option generally suck!

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
10. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 21:35 Paranoid Jack

I just uninstalled the game and it freed up 28G. Now for me to reinstall the borked installer...  

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
4. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 7, 2014, 21:31 Paranoid Jack

I didn't realize it was 3rd person only game. For some reason I assumed it was being shown in 3rd person to give us a better look at the surroundings. They look fantastic no doubt. But if we can't switch to 1st person to pop a few caps... my anticipation just fell flat.

Of course that may be the reason it was delayed and I too was under the impression it was a mid-year release. I agree it is far better for them to delay that to release half ass. I just pray Dark Souls 2 is not on the list for another delay.

8. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 21:23 Paranoid Jack

My installer is messed up too. It claims I need 30g or it's a no go? All this after it already downloaded a 2.5g file... it is stuck in a loop now and I can't do anything other than uninstall it and start over I guess.

Reminds me of the Age of Conan beta years ago where they had you download the entire game every week and their program never removed any old files. After a couple months the folder was over 350 gigabytes.

2. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 20:22 Paranoid Jack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:15:
Pretty bummed I dont have one....I played the last round....

I just got mine, updating now. I got my last invite late also. So check often. Hopefully your invite is there waiting on you.

I'm looking forward to trying it out again. I was just starting to get into it when the last one went off line. Of course they seem to be in sync with my schedule at work. I couldn't play the first stress test because I was working. And barely got any time in on the weekend beta. I hope this weekend I am not stuck at work more than eight hours...

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2014, 15:25 Paranoid Jack

I'm glad to see X-Com getting some more love too. They had Enemy Unknown for under ten dollars and Enemy Within was only ten. As it stands it is the best TBS at the moment in my opinion. I've got over one hundred hours in the game now and I'm already planning my next replay. Love the new MECs. And I pray they are already planning the next expansion or the sequel.  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 02:27 Paranoid Jack

Wintyr wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:59:
BF4 Was not that bad a few tweeks on your pc end and installing the latest drivers helps. and i ran pretty fine. i know people that ran it without any probelms using newer hardware. the bugs are more an issue of all the crapy pc you all own thinking its the shiz. guess what its not and even ea and to inforce driver updating to make all of those whinning noobers updater there drivers to play the game bug free because they choose not to install up to date drivers sets for there pc. spyware and malware will also bug out your game. there are so manty outside issue you blame on EA/Dice the bugs in BattleField 4 and pretty superfical and realy were not that big of a deal in compared to many other release for pretty much and publisher/developer. there only end result dif is when more people buy you product you end up with more bugs. they coudl have tested the game for years and when they realsed it they would have still ran into bugs becaues of the shitty un kept pc matnice the general public and even some hardcore gamers and to dumb to fix on there own end.

Tell me again how I can tweek the BF4 netcode? I'd like it to run as if it's a sub 100ms ping not as if the server is halfway around the world. So if it's running at 45ms but playing like it's 250ms what do I need to tweek?

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
4. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 12:13 Paranoid Jack

If you haven't bought or downloaded the originals by now I would have to wonder why. Why not at the very least sample two of the greatest ARPGs from two decades back? Even if their old school gameplay and graphics are more than you can bare. You owe it to yourself to try them especially when you've seen they are so cheap or even free at times.

I'll admit I didn't play them until they were already almost ten years old. And I loved Tactics more than the RPGs because of their wonky AI behavior and the frustrations of trying to control them enough to keep them alive. But you had no control. Best you could do would be to block a doorway on occasion. But then they would try to circle around. That was the worst part for me... no control over party members. If it had total control or tactical control with no access to manipulate their inventory the game would still be a great play for me. Even with the old school graphics and turn-based gameplay.

Wish I would have picked them up back then. The problem was the old sales model. They knew then and know now that after a couple months the retail sales all but vanish.... unless the games are set to a clearance or sale pricing. Shop owners didn't carry many old games they wanted fast movers to make a profit. Around here all we had was chain retail stores and finally an Electronics Boutique. I don't remember seeing them on the shelves much back then. Still sad I missed them. They must have been far better when they were just released.

Best thing about all our love for the old school games is their return via KickStarter and indie studios. Can't wait for Wasteland 2!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2014, 11:43 Paranoid Jack

Happy New Year to you, Blue, your family, and to all your subscribers... even the trolls and shills.  

1728 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo