Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1695 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 23:44 Paranoid Jack

@ Verno, I have both a day one 360 & a day one PS3 that are still alive and kicking. You could argue that I didn't use the 360 as much as other owners who experience fails but then I never ran mine on carpeted floor and always keep the area fairly clear of dust. From what I've see while working a lot of kids had them (360s) sitting on the carpet standing on end so they were not breathing/cooling well.

@ Beamer, the XBOne has already been tested to run a full fifteen degrees hotter than the PS4. Which goes against the uses less power statements. Because more power means more heat. Crazy things is if the power supply is external why is the thing running hotter?

"The Xbox One got noticeably hotter after continued operation, though; our IR thermometer measured a top temperature of 115 degrees Fahrenheit coming off its top vents compared to about 100 degrees for the PS4."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 19, 2013, 22:12 Paranoid Jack

D4rkKnight wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 21:56:
They are selling content on day 1 for $20 (Gold edition). I can't justify giving money to a company that does this. Small things don't bother me, but it's a mini expansion and they want $$$ for it. Remember the holiday sale is right around the corner and this will no doubt receive a discount.

$20 isn't bad for what is basically their season pass. Of course their isn't much reason to buy it at this time since there is not much content yet available not to mention if you have yet to play the OC there really is no need to buy more at this point.

Even with the free $20 of PSN currency I didn't feel the need to buy it either.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 11:56 Paranoid Jack

InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 10:17:
Whats up with the dude who blows up his PS4 with his huge ass tank-busting rifle? Is he some novel kind of Microsoft fanboi extremist??Jesus what is it about americans and their guns??

We do love our toys... but I think this is all about bringing in the views or hits to his YouTube channel. I've heard but can't confirm some of these people make triple digits from their channels.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Released
4. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Released Nov 15, 2013, 00:42 Paranoid Jack

Damn you, Taskeen!

I should never have watched that Angry Joe video. I was hoping to hold off a month or two before picking this up. I just have too much to play already. But thanks to Joe and you I'm now thinking about buying it... tonight. Even though I will be playing AC4 Black Flag in just a couple hours on my new PS4. Oh, Hell! Life is good.

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
11. Re: Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs Nov 11, 2013, 11:12 Paranoid Jack

For some reason I totally avoided WC3 but loved the first two. Now with CoH2 being such a let down I'm thinking I will pick up that battle chest or ask Santa for it. But on the other hand... I have far too many games to play as it is. That plus add the Kickstarter effect to it... I am overbooked.

I have the alpha testing of SotA & DOS (then the betas). Not to mention the soon to test W2 & possibly PE in the early part of the year.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week
1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 01:38 Paranoid Jack

I loved CoH but felt raped after buying the Digital CE of CoH2.

They need to do a lot of these free map releases if they want me to buy into another game.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 30, 2013, 23:23 Paranoid Jack

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 20:14:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 19:50:
Hint: If your car is already flipped on the side, YOU wrecked it.

Honestly if my car was already beat to hell like that one was, I'd probably be laughing my ass off if the tow truck driver dropped it again.

Especially since it would then become the tow company's insurance's problem, and not my own

I doubt it becomes their problem since it was the driver that got it there to begin with. My guess it's all going to the drivers insurance...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
40. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 20:12 Paranoid Jack

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:25:
jimnms wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:02:
I wasn't planning to get this on release, but I caved and bought it from GMG a couple of days ago with the 20% off code.
Join the club

Do you get the China add-on maps with the GoG version? I'm thinking about caving and picking it up when I get home.

News Comments > The Dark Eye – Demonicon Livestream Today
3. Re: The Dark Eye – Demonicon Livestream Today Oct 24, 2013, 23:54 Paranoid Jack

The game is out on Steam as of now. But I couldn't find much in the way of gameplay videos so I went to Twitch. What I found is that Twitch is still a huge POS. They can stream your commercial just fine. Soon after that you'll be looking for a spoon to gouge your eyes out with while your video freezes up and show no signs of streaming... over and over again.

This is going to be one huge disaster for Sony come 11/15 since they decided to use Twitch as their streaming service.

As far as the game goes I think I will wait for a sale on Demonicon. Say $10 to $20 range depending on how desperate I am for a new game to play. I've been burned on a few purchases from Kalypso over the past few years. In other words I'm not impressed with the quality of the games they have publishing in recent years.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2013, 20:18 Paranoid Jack

LMAO! Sometimes I wonder if my sense of humor is broken. Or maybe my time overseas made it a bit darker and dryer. Either way thanks to Hellbinder, Cutter, Dmitri.... Hell, thank you all.

Hellbinder, after reading your post I have to ask. Do you own a cell phone, or use a landline, use a local cable provider, or possibly have an Internet connection at your house currently? Because if you're worried the XBOne will monitor you... it will... just like all those other services do. Maybe it takes it too a whole new level. Time will tell.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2013, 22:06.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 3, 2013, 23:44 Paranoid Jack

“We should be slapped” for BF4's unlocks, says creative director.

There fixed it...

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Tom Clancy, 1947-2013 Oct 2, 2013, 21:37 Paranoid Jack

First thing out of my mouth, "ah, man!"

He was a favorite of mine. May he rest in peace.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue?
19. Re: Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue? Oct 2, 2013, 17:13 Paranoid Jack

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 12:50:
Shineyguy wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 11:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 05:11:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 03:17:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 01:43:
BF4 is just fucked now anyway. Tons of people can't even join servers. Origin locks up, BF doesn't start, lots of fun! Oh, and GTA V online doesn't work for me either! Fuck, it's been such a fun day!

I was just hanging at "loading" with a black screen and I could hear stuff going on in the match including voip, if I alt+tab out and then alt+tab in it'll connect proper.

Considering the horrible performance you get in BF4 it's not surprising they did the beta this short before release. I wonder if I can still cancel my pre-order at this point...

Yes, because a beta pre-release build is an indication of what the final product will be... I also have no issues with performance. Game runs a little slower in Conquest than it does in Domination, but the map is bigger and more chaotic.

Also, I find it funny that the AMD sponsored title is having so many issues on AMD cards.

And what is your point? As I said MAJORITY of all posts are about stuttering, NOT PERFORMANCE. STUTTERING / JITTERY motion. Ain't got nothing to do with performance. The fucking game stutters for us. Like someone hit the framestep button and turned it to 11. And that IS indicative of a major engine issue. You telling me they will suddenly magically tune the game to run smooth for us in the 27 days till release? In fact it is the same stuttering issue I have seen in Planetside 2 (and only there)... weird

Stuttering... Can't think of a better way to describe my experience. The gameplay just doesn't feel right. Feels jerky. But seems FPS are fine. Also I have noticed terrain detection is a huge issue intermittently. Can't jump over low lying terrain at times. Can't jump through textures that are empty at times. For instance a glass store front. I spent a minute trying to get through... shooting out every piece of glass I could see. Yet I couldn't even get near the doors or windows. After destroying the glass windows and doors (4 panes) what would have been ten times over by the amount of ammo I wasted I was finally allowed to pass through the hidden texture.

Other times I was behind terrain near a flags base... the sculpture which looks like waves. And I was shot through it as it popped in and out of existence. That happened at several points. Twice I was hidden behind three feet thick main walls of buildings. Seems my target, the walls, and I were all popping in and out. Before I was killed by his fire through the wall.

I hate to say it but the netcode is most likely the issue. What else could cause these type of things on a 48ms ping to a server half a state away? Yes, it is Beta but... of all the BF betas this has to be the worse showing to date. Usually the beta sells it for me. Usually the beta map(s) are one of the best from the retail product. I just don't feel that applies for BF4. I love the series but I won't blindly purchase this until I see a drastic improvement over the next month... before the beta is terminated.

Edit: I'm here to recant... or eat my words. Go ahead point and laugh.

It seems if you play on a server which has (and I'm guessing here) more than 40 players things start to get wonky. Especially if you are one of the last to join. So yeah, it's just like the other BF games. I joined a private server and the lower the players the better the game looked and played. As the server got hot and filled up I noticed more instances of the game feeling like it was out of sync. Still the last couple hours on that server have given me hope. The map isn't that great but the gameplay can be amazing at times. If you get on a server with only a couple dozen people it can be magical. So try several different servers out before you give up on it. That is all...

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 22:04.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 29, 2013, 12:24 Paranoid Jack

I fully understand and would echo your sentiments if I were in your shoes. I've vowed not to purchase from several online retailers for the same reason.

For too many years we have put up with the PSN being inferior to Live by remembering that its FREE. If they plan on charging for it with the launch of the PS4 they better put the infrastructure into place to stop these types of issue.

As far as compensation the only online service that has ever given me anything was Origin. After there tech support guy wiped my BF3 stats about a month after launch. The sad thing is it took them over a month to start seriously responding via e-mail. They gave me several games FREE via... Origin of course. All old games too.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 28, 2013, 23:58 Paranoid Jack

Tumbler wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 13:32:
I finally cancelled my 180 preorder on amazon the other day...

Dude, why didn't you wait to the last minute like me? I'm doing my part to make sure somebody has a XBOne for X-Mas. I'll cancel five days before... maybe as few as three days prior.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 28, 2013, 23:43 Paranoid Jack

LOL, at both. HELL yeahs it happened. Every government spies on every government they can afford too. Even though the US media would have you believe Iran & the US are newest bestest friends...

Be careful, Cutter, you're liable to get this thread shut down too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
27. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 28, 2013, 12:59 Paranoid Jack

I think either the Obama Administration or the NSA took over Blue's News? Maybe it was Anonymous trying to delete the injustice of it all?

From what I had read and posted Cutter's was the worst of it... just saying.

19. removed Sep 27, 2013, 02:45 Paranoid Jack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:08.

18. removed Sep 27, 2013, 01:44 Paranoid Jack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:07.

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 01:03 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 07:54:
And since when does the government of a Republic force it's citizens to pay into insurance?

Driven a fucking car lately?

Since when have we been forced to pay car insurance? Since when have we been forced to even drive a car? Besides here in Cali there are a high percentage of drivers who are driving with no insurance or registration... and some without a license. Imagine that.

1695 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo