Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1727 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age II Gold
1. Re: Dragon Age 2 Gold Feb 11, 2011, 22:01 Paranoid Jack

Just found out they canceled the GameStop early demo access due to security reasons. Strange since you were required to have a code in order to download and gain early access to the demo. Sucks either way...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two Worlds II Royal Edition
4. Re: Two Worlds II Royal Edition Jan 24, 2011, 22:26 Paranoid Jack

still a bit crazy on those prices.... but at least it's not as cheesy or as over priced as The Witcher 2 CE  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm LP Soundtrack
5. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm LP Soundtrack Jan 13, 2011, 01:30 Paranoid Jack

Anyone know what the advantages or disadvantages are to merging a WoW account with Battle.Net?

Also, I'm wondering if the game world is altered for all even those who don't have Cataclysm? I'd assume it would have to be...

I haven't played in years but suddenly got the itch to check it out again.

edit: Just tried to log in and there is no choice you have to merge the accounts. D'oH!

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2011, 01:38.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2011, 14:09 Paranoid Jack

Thank you Blue for posting these lists. And thank you Cutter for mentioning The Dragon Knight Saga. I bought it at just under $27. Yesterday it was just under $20 on Steam. It's a fantastic game. I bought and started downloaded it just hours before the end of the year. I booted it up about 1:30am yesterday and played it until 4:00am before going to bed. My dog woke me just before 8:00am so I fed them and the stray cat before jumping back into the game. I played it for over seventeen hours yesterday before going to bed exhausted just after mid-night this morning.

WoW, it's an action game, with a lot of RPG elements, some platform jumping, and the game-world is old school loaded with tricks and traps. And best of all it's not overly easy or extremely difficult. There is less hand holding. And some items will surprise you when used. Not to mention some NPCs are tricksters. The graphics range from mediocre to phenomenal. I'm having a blast with it.

Crazy to think I saw videos of the original release Divinity II: Ego Draconis and got turned off because the way the character was allowed to jump anywhere without taking damage. Strange how we let one little thing blind us from so much other goodness. The game is not perfect but it's far better than some other AAA titles I've paid twice as much for....

News Comments > PC BC2 Vietnam Hastings Unlocked
11. Re: PC BC2 Vietnam Hastings Unlocked Dec 30, 2010, 13:39 Paranoid Jack

Tired of the old argument between consoles and PC gamers. I like games no matter what platform. Shut up and play.  

News Comments > PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings
42. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 30, 2010, 02:43 Paranoid Jack

Too funny. I'm an old PC & Console player too and I don't give a rat's ass what you think about console games. I play them because they are fun just like PC games. While I'm playing the games I don't sit there and moan about how the PC version is so much better. If I wanted the PC version I'll buy it... if not I'll buy the console version. Or both even. I've spent far more time on the PS3 version of BFBC2 and it's a damn fun game. Once you get good with the controller you can do anything you could with the mouse and keyboard. The only thing different on the PC the graphics can be ramped up with better video cards and the maps are a different size. Several reasons for that.

Anyway no matter what you may think both platforms require skill and practice to pull off the fancy moves. And yes, hardware does give you a huge advantage on the PC. It always has and always will. The player with the high end system is going to see farther and clearly. I remember in BF2 if you didn't have a higher end graphics card you would continue to get shot from snipers you couldn't see because you cards draw distance wasn't good enough and the game would fog out the distance. It's why I bought a better card. You don't get that as much with consoles because it all comes down to the users monitor or TV. Oh, and eyesight of course.

Either way it's a waste of time to argue over it...

23. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 17:35 Paranoid Jack

Not sure what you guys are saying about "aim assist". That is a single-player only features as far as I know. When I play it's on Hardcore servers only. I have to line up every shot like on any other PC game. And it doesn't take half a clip to kill a guy either. I can drop you with one well placed bullet to the head. And best of all the M20 sniper rifle in BFBC2 Vietnam is a one shot kill. Of course if you got two guys lined up then you may get a double kill.

Yeah, the controllers are a bit harder to get use to but after so many hours of play you either get better or you pack it in. Sounds like you guys went with the latter...

17. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 15:47 Paranoid Jack

I'm trying to get the shit to work again. Since I bought it from the EA Store I installed the retail version of Windows 7. I had been on the Beta & RC until I was forced to move onto the retail version. The only two games I have had issues with are Digital versions of Dragon Age and now BFBC2. Let me check Steam to see if that sale is still on...  

14. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 14:11 Paranoid Jack

I don't know about that. I think if you could look at the percentages it's probably about the same. Even though the younger crowd usually only own one console... not all three consoles and a gaming PC. Of course if they have a parent like me then they are set... we have two gaming PCs, a Macbook Pro, a Sony VAIO, a Lenovo IdeaPad, the Wii, and both a fat & slim version of both the 360 & the PS3. Too bad I only have two girls. If my wife and I would have had boys I'd have had my own gaming clan.

Anyway, since I went over to the dark side and bought both Slim consoles for my gaming room I've noticed there are people who like to play with friends and/or play as a team whenever possible. Just like on the PC if they like your play style they try to befriend you so they have another person they can group with while online.

12. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 13:31 Paranoid Jack

I've got the PC version and the PS3 version. I have barely played the PC version since picking it up for $20 (using that PAX discount code with another EA discount) a month or so after release from the EA site. I've played the PS3 version until my mind went numb and my eyes bled. I'm just hesitant to play the PC version due to all the previous BF games being full of hacks. Not that the PS3 doesn't have hacks either. Some idiots blatantly flaunt their downloaded skills. I just wish the PS3 Network gave a shit and would actually take steps to ban the hacker's system and account like X-Box Live does.

Ah, well... from the look of it we may never see that last map on the PS3. Maybe it's time to revisit the PC version?

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Dec 21, 2010, 01:30 Paranoid Jack

Looks as if DA2 will play like Dungeon Siege but with a better story... though the graphics appear to be a step back... way back.

I'd already made up my mind to skip it either way.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2010, 20:51 Paranoid Jack

Wishing I bought BF BC 2 for Steam, I bought it from the EA site and I have played it much. Maxed out my classes on the PS3 version though. Love it and Black Ops multi-player...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2010, 12:56 Paranoid Jack

http://kotaku.com/5669983/report-man-sets-fire-to-gamestop-in-stand+off-with-police

I wonder if he is pissed because Fallout New Vegas has so many bugs?

Or did he buy ArcaniA and get extremely fed up with the painful voice acting?

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details
28. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 19, 2010, 00:19 Paranoid Jack

I wonder what the odds are that the random crashes to desktop have been fixed? I must be nuts for buying this...

If it has the same track record I'll set it aside until I build a new system all the while praying the new system runs the game without constant crashes.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 16, 2010, 16:19 Paranoid Jack

Sweet, I was hoping developers/studios would start doing this ten years ago. Now if only the assholes making multi-player only or multi-player focused games would do this. Stopped buying PC Multi-player games because more than 50% of the idiots playing all have downloaded skillz.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 16, 2010, 01:59 Paranoid Jack

"Why should be buy a product from a developer/publisher that constantly releases crap software and expect/hope the community fixes it?"

I thought this thread was about Arcania and the Gothic series? Not about Bethesda, Oblivion, and Fallout 3?

All joking aside sometimes it's hard to explain why you liked or didn't like a game. I had more fun with Gothic 3 than Oblivion and Fallout 3 put together but those two games sold ten times more. I think I may have even enjoyed Fallout 3 if it didn't crash to desktop two minutes out of the vault and then randomly the entire time I tried to play it.

A friend of mine said I was nutts for buying New Vegas for the PC since I could never even play or finish Fallout 3 due to it's constant crashing. But after trying Fallout 3 on the PS3 it just didn't feel the same. And I'm really looking forward to Hardcore mode.

I hope Arcania doesn't disappoint too badly. I know it's not a true Gothic game just a striped down version for the masses. But I too can enjoy a good RPG-lite on occasion. And the graphics look far better for the PC than on the X-Box 360. I think the RPGWatch review says it all. http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=165&ref=0&id=280

News Comments > The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com
17. Re: The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com Oct 14, 2010, 00:59 Paranoid Jack

What I loved about ToEE was it had (up to that point) the best turn based combat of any cRPG. I'd roll a new group and play the game in hardcore. Even if that meant I would most likely lose my entire group within an hour or two of play. And I fondly remember pulling numerous party members from the clutches of the giant toad's mouth... and losing several too.  

News Comments > Games/TV and "Significant Psychological Difficulties"
1. Re: Games/TV and Oct 11, 2010, 11:18 Paranoid Jack

I going out on a limb here but maybe, just maybe, they already have "issues" and (just like the rest of us) were using the two forms of entertainment to escape from reality? Same as if they lock themselves in a room and listen to Emo music all day and night...

"Objective: We hypothesized that greater screen use would be associated with greater psychological difficulties and that children with high levels of screen entertainment use and low levels of physical activity would have the most-negative psychological profiles."

All this study does is to reiterate a common sense fact. I guess I should have read it first but just as this paragraph states it's pretty much a no brainer.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2010, 11:30.

News Comments > LOTRO Head Start This Week
7. Re: LOTRO Head Start This Week Sep 5, 2010, 20:02 Paranoid Jack

Has anyone found out what the catch is? Those of us with old toons on multiple servers won't be allowed to use them on the FTP servers will we? Though as long as the FTP servers are not lacking tons of features then I guess it won't matter... we'll just have to start new toons.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 4, 2010, 19:19 Paranoid Jack

That's kinda like saying OSX and Windows 7 sales can't be compared because OSX only works on Apples (their choice...not the consumer) while Win7 can work on anything.

Ah, wrong. Do you have 7? It's like Vista (only ten times better) but won't run on just anything. Anyway as long as they are comparing the OS to another OS I get your point. The last article was not so I assumed it was the same. It's not. Either way no biggie.

edit: Now what they should compare is the reliability of the hardware. That would be interesting. A friend of mine went through three Captivates in a week. He's into rooting his phone every week or so. Big waste of time if you ask me.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2010, 19:38.

1727 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo