Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1768 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Opening Cinematic
16. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 23:11 Paranoid Jack

I haven't been salivating over the pending release for years... so when I got my invite I was happy and have been delighted so far. Can't wait for the release. This beta is the first thing to take my mind off Skyrim since it's release. Well... this beta, my daughter's graduation from the RN program, and my Mom coming to visit.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale
11. Re: Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale Dec 8, 2011, 11:23 Paranoid Jack

Kajetan wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 02:46:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 22:48:
More evidence (if you actually needed it) that the world has gone to shit.
Let me guess ... you are getting older and cant cope with the changes you experience?

And you're not... getting older that is? As far as coping I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking.

The irony? The Ad on the side bar was for Lords of Ultima... too funny.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 23:24 Paranoid Jack

If you got the Pop Up telling your system was infected but no warning from your antivirus you are probably infected now. It's a tool installed then the Trojan. You can download MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and it should take care of it. That is if your on a Windows based PC.

VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.CA

Category: Tool

Description: This program is used to create viruses, worms or other malware.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\IL013H7O\index[1].htmFC120B10->(SCRIPT0000)

Trojan:JS/Redirector.HQ

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Active\{ED50F7CF-214C-11E1-AA02-6C626D3EDB42}.dat->(Ole Stream 0)

7. Re: Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale Dec 7, 2011, 23:12 Paranoid Jack

Ah, I never made it past this sad headline... thanks for that info. I'll go read the rest now.

5. Re: Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale Dec 7, 2011, 22:48 Paranoid Jack

More evidence (if you actually needed it) that the world has gone to shit. Plus the fact that two of the last three days I have visited Blue's and upon opening a comments thread I've been sent a pop up telling me my computer is infected while my antivirus program quarantines and then prompts me to remove VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.CA and Trojan:JS/Redirector.HQ. Anyone else getting this from Blue's? I sent Blue an e-mail a couple days ago but haven't seen a response.  

News Comments > Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer
14. Re: removed Nov 27, 2011, 09:43 Paranoid Jack

I probably should have went into more detail on my original post... if you enjoyed the Piranha Byte games for the world design you will be surprised with Skyrim. I mostly enjoyed the Gothic series and Risen to some extent because of their world design. There is no comparison between Gothic more realistic approach and say Oblivion's Disneyland world design. Let us hope that Piranha Bytes has learned from their mistakes with G3 and Risen. Because Bethesda definitely has and far exceeded anything they have attempted in the past fifteen years. Not saying it's perfect but so very much better than Oblivion.

I would still love to see Piranha Bytes and Bethesda work together to create a new IP.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2011, 20:53.

News Comments > Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer
3. Re: Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer Nov 26, 2011, 20:03 Paranoid Jack

This statement could be said about Skyrim...

The beauty of the Gothics and Risen is that they are lovingly hand-crafted and every hill, ledge, cave put there with design and intent, every encounter, every piece of loot. It's not random and it shows, it makes a huge difference to the experience.

I've played sixty plus hours and only done a few of the main quests. Spent most of my time just wandering and exploring. I'm thinking Bethesda finally got it more right than wrong. Skyrim shows how much attention to detail they put into it. They may even have studied the Gothic games to learn what made them cult classics.

News Comments > Animating Skyrim
24. Re: Animating Skyrim Nov 11, 2011, 09:56 Paranoid Jack

"Go to your Windows Control Panel -> hardware and sound -> click on sound -> rightclick on the speakers/soundcard etc. -> go to config, advanced and change one on the dropdown to 24bit, 48000Hz.
This will fix the crashing at menu, its the sounds thats bugged beyond shit its playable with the above done, higher quality makes it crash."

@Draugr, thanks and that is exactly what I did. I figured it out about ten minutes after I posted. I remember the main reason Fallout was crashing on my old PC. Sound card issues. So I reset the quality on my sound card to the default and the game booted fine.

I meant to post it last night but after playing I was tired and just went to bed. Thanks again,

News Comments > Animating Skyrim
9. Re: Animating Skyrim Nov 11, 2011, 00:11 Paranoid Jack

Just decrypted & installed the final parts of Skyrim. Started the game. A Bethesda's logo appears, then a Skyrim logo appears, then the game crashes to desktop.... looks like another rough start. I just pray to God it doesn't crash every couple minutes like Fallout did.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 7, 2011, 22:33 Paranoid Jack

Is it just me or is this whole Hacking/Hacktivist thing getting out of hand?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin?
27. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 17:53 Paranoid Jack

I have a friend that works at GameStop his console version of BF3 stopped working day two. I 've been wondering if he was mistakenly banned? Have you tried contacting Dice and/or EA?  

News Comments > Skyrim Interview; Diary
21. Re: Skyrim Interview; Diary Oct 30, 2011, 21:27 Paranoid Jack

I just pray the world doesn't feel shallow and/or hallow after a few dozen hours of exploring....  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
88. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 25, 2011, 00:55 Paranoid Jack

Origin = "Sorry, Something technical went wrong

We're going to sort it out and have things back to normal really soon.

Try going back or Home"

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
76. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 20:19 Paranoid Jack

I bought BF3 on Origin (before it was called Origin) for $39.95 with a special coupon code they sent me. I know I'll get my money's worth if or when it's finally release. No worries there. I know it will have issues all of the BF games have had bugs. I know I'll both love it and hate it to some degree. Been there done that with the previous games.

What I'm trying to figure out but I haven't had time to research it much yet... I received an e-mail today telling me it is released as of today on Origin. But when I try to boot the game the release date checker still says tomorrow is the release date. Has anyone else got this e-mail and if so were you able to boot the game and play it?

News Comments > RAGE Tweaks
17. By Far The Best id Game To Date Oct 4, 2011, 16:45 Paranoid Jack

I've added (+cvaradd g_fov 20) to the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS after right clicking Rage on MY GAMES list then clicking Properties. Game runs amazing and looks fantastic.

Anyway, not much to complain about love the game so far... enjoying head shooting mutant scum and bandits. But was wondering if anyone has played around with the FOV. Since I'm not having much of any slow down and no pop in at all I want to change my FOV to the max I can use without causing graphic slow downs. So if anyone has experimented please let us know. Thanks...

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
54. Pop In And/Or Slow Texture Drawing: Oct 4, 2011, 05:37 Paranoid Jack

I'm starting to wonder if this is another ATI/AMD issue? I've got an Nvidia card (MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II) and see no lag on textures being rendered nor do I see any pop in what so ever. The game looks amazing at 1900x1080 16x AA. Plays smooth as silk almost too fast for this small a FOV. I've not played it much because I want to crash and play it first thing in the morning (not to mention I've already been checked out Dark Souls on the PS3 while Rage took an hour or more to install on the PC).

PC version has what seems an FoV of 60 cause it's making me fucking nauseous.
No FoV option.
Mouse acceleration up the asshole.
NO Vsync option.
NO Aim Toggle option.
0 Graphics options.

My first impression was good. Though the mouse acceleration is a bit too fast for my taste. And I'm praying you're wrong and that there is a FOV adjustment. WTF! Why is any game coming out in this day and age without proper widescreen options? Not that BS clipping of the top and bottom of the screen either.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Rises
10. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Rises Sep 27, 2011, 23:34 Paranoid Jack

I really enjoy LotRO. Nearly everything about it is well done and great fun to play. Unfortunately the combat is about the worst I've seen in any MMOG and because this MMOG, like most others, is essentially about the combat, I've never been able to spend more than 2-3 months playing at a time before I just got totally bored because of the combat. Even once you hit 50 almost all the new content is combat based.

LMAO, I almost spit my beer all over my 42" Panasonic monitor... you are able to play two or three months before boring combat finally gets to you? I didn't even make it two weeks in the Star Wars beta the combat was so damned boring.

News Comments > BF3 Beta Early Access Answers
9. Re: hmm smoke & mirrors..... d'Oh! Sep 25, 2011, 22:48 Paranoid Jack

So has anyone got their early access invite e-mail(s)? After all we only have two days before it goes live. I have two games that allow me to gain early access yet haven't received any notification other than what Blue has posted here.  

News Comments > BF3 Beta Early Access Answers
7. hmm smoke & mirrors..... d'Oh! Sep 24, 2011, 12:32 Paranoid Jack

This whole thing reeks of smoke and mirrors. I'm extrememly tired of this kind of marketing. Some might say what other type of marketing is there? I'd say the honest, open, upfront type... where they tell you all this shit before they hold out their hand for your hard earned money. They don't have to tell you the specific dates but at least tell you it's only two days of early access... only two freaking days of early access? Not even a damn week or five days? WTF?

I also bought the limit edition of BFBC2 and they never were clear what or when the access would be except that it was beta access. Seems it will be two days also. Since we are only three days away from the early access date of those pre-orders.

edit: Let us at least hope they allow pre-loads other wise the entire thing is utter bullshit for those with slower download speeds. I'm not one but I'd prefer to pre-load so that I can play the day of without having to wait hours or days because their servers are hammered.

News Comments > Scrolls Lawsuit Update
14. Re: Scrolls Lawsuit Update Sep 15, 2011, 02:22 Paranoid Jack

You better copyright that name or do you plan on a lawsuit if he uses it?  

1768 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo