Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1727 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked
27. Re: BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked Aug 14, 2011, 20:50 Paranoid Jack

so it is ok for compagnies (sic) to sniff up your ass , and monitoring all you do , but not beeing (sic) able to name more than one of your player is just wrong...hmm mkay

Exactly, if EA can monitor their games they can allow us to have multiple characters per account. Simple idea, right?

You must work someplace they don't have power? Otherwise you're being monitored too. Don't worry when you get a job other than the local gas station you'll soon realize the company you work for is monitoring you at all time.

The lovely company I work for has GPS on our vehicles, monitoring of every thing on our laptops, and we all carry a company provided cell phone. So wake up and smell what you been sniffing....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked
22. Re: BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked Aug 14, 2011, 11:39 Paranoid Jack

You'd think a company of this size would have been able to hire somebody to make this shit work properly when they rolled it out to the public.

I couldn't use my original name (which I've been using for twenty f'in years) because all their shit sites aren't linked properly. I'm talking about EA sites, Bioware sites, and now their EA Downloader/Origin shit.

They recently sent me an e-mail for a FREE game when I pre-ordered BF3 and the damn e-mail link takes you to their (website not Origin itself) and the promo code doesn't work there. The site will try to bill you for the game. So if you got one be sure to use it in the Origin client not the Orgin website.

I'm able to over look the always connected feature while playing the game since I'm always on anyway. And that seems to be the trend with everything else... not to mention all our electronics at work are constantly monitored. But not being able to name more than one of your players (if this is correct) well that is just bull shit and it's getting old quick.

Eidt: I'm hoping we're all just jumping to conclusions.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
10. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 22:05 Paranoid Jack

So does this "beta" come before or after the MOH "beta" access?

EA and Dice are sure being really unclear about this whole mess of preorder perks/access.

Exactly! Since they first started pimping this game with the MoH release with BF3 Beta Access... I'm thinking this game will have an entire year plus of pre-order/beta access media hype. And possibly a new record being set on the hype meter.

Still... they have me thinking about pre-ordering from thier Origin store now.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
9. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:25 Paranoid Jack

Jesus, how many different pre-order bonus media releases are they going to do? This has been going on for six months already and we have four and a couple weeks to go...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 30, 2011, 22:59 Paranoid Jack

HOLY SHIT, FiringSquad still exists?  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jul 23, 2011, 09:24 Paranoid Jack

Same four races for both sides unless they change something between now and the beginning of the year. GameStop has a February release on their books, not shown publicly of course. And though I wouldn't call it "WoW In Space" it does borrow from the standard MMO norms. It's very cutscene/voice acted heavy compared to most current or older MMOs.

edit: I think the videos are a bit misleading as far as the one hit kills go. Of course if you go into a zone with lower level Mobs & NPCs you will kill them with one hit or two. Though in a lot of games a critical hit can sometimes equate to what is a one or two hit kill on like level Mobs/NPCs. I wouldn't get too hung up on that. You have to remember like most MMOs some creatures/enemies will be prone to certain types of damage and if you spec your toon right you will be able to go thru them much faster. I'm not saying this is the case here because I haven't seen enough... I'm just sayin'...

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2011, 09:33.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 22, 2011, 23:08 Paranoid Jack

Samsung-funded study finds 3D video causes extra eye strain, fatigue

No shit? Wow, I never would have believed it if somebody didn't spend a bunch of money on a "study".

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jul 22, 2011, 22:47 Paranoid Jack

So it looks like they dropped the sorcerer or wizard class? (renamed it) Wasn't there a jedi sorcerer or wizard at some point? Seems like they have a good assortment of classes but I'm expecting it to be more like 4 classes for imperial, 4 for republic, mirrors of each other...

Can't get anything past Tumbler. I LMAO when I read his post even though I have yet to watch the video. My main concern for the game is that the combat just isn't very engaging. Other than that the story elements, the artistic style, the environments... they all seem pretty good. I'll pick this one up during the fire sale... if at all.

News Comments > Aion Summer Events Details, Version 2.6 Next Month
7. Re: Aion Summer Events Details, Version 2.6 Next Month Jul 18, 2011, 22:26 Paranoid Jack

Like so many I've beta tested over the past several years this game bored me to tears. Funny though... I recently picked up Rift for dirt cheap and I'm enjoying the Hell out of it.  

News Comments > RAGE Weapons Trailer
4. Re: RAGE Weapons Trailer Jul 15, 2011, 01:56 Paranoid Jack

I'm hoping it is as good as it looks... which could possibly make it one of their best if not thier best single player games evar!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Interview
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Interview Jul 4, 2011, 00:29 Paranoid Jack

So far, the only thing I'm not liking is the "pokemon / jarjar" playable race (Asura)... but I can live with that if the game is really really good.

LMAO, you read my mind. Most defiantly for the Asian market. Though I think a lot of others will try the Pokemon... I mean Asura out too.

I hope your wrong about them trying to avoid the TOR release window. From what I've seen either game could be out this year. Though I haven't had a chance to play GW2... that said I'm more excited for it than TOR. Just from watching the videos I'm hoping GW2 will be that one MMO to get me excited enough to buy and play... after retail launch that is.

I've beta tested so many over the years starting with Ultima Online. The majority of them I never bother picking up at launch. That has kind of snowballed over the last two years. Not sure if it's me or the WoW Syndrome.

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
21. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 25, 2011, 23:40 Paranoid Jack

As for World of Warcraft, Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank with those of you who said you refuse to play it since it is subscription based. And "Oh your time is coming!" is the stupidest argument of all time. That's like walking up to an athlete and saying "Oh yeah, well...you'll grow old and suck in the future!" Of course WoW is eventually going to start losing subscribers, but only after earning billions in revenue. Free to Play? Nah, never.

LMAO, Started out somewhat good. Then started to spiral. Then ended in a cloud of burning wreckage.... that last statement... Nah, never. LoL, you actually believe that?

@nin, I still get fishing or scam e-mails telling me my account is in jeopardy because I was trying to sell it. I haven't played regularly since six months or so after retail. They can have it.

News Comments > Bethesda Hacked
7. Re: Bethesda Hacked Jun 13, 2011, 23:15 Paranoid Jack

Over the past two years about two dozen business that have my info have been hacked. From banks, to health insurace companies, and of course game sites. This shit is out of hand...  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
63. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 6, 2011, 02:55 Paranoid Jack

Don't forget that one of the design goals (when John Carmack built Tech 5) was to be able to alter and/or design the game across all platforms at once. So while you're right the different platforms have different code the software Carmack created translates across the three. So it is possible that this demo could be running from any of the three platforms. Though I tend to believe it's on a PC just using a controler.

edit: Oh, add me to the list of people that had written this one off but after watching this video has had a change of heart.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 4, 2011, 00:19 Paranoid Jack

Not much there to choose from unless you just don't buy games much. Only two I don't have I also don't want. Not to happy with this offer so far.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow
10. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow Jun 3, 2011, 01:05 Paranoid Jack

This developer/game is so good I'm going to buy the Witcher 2 again when it hits the 360 later this year! We've got to support studios like this one!

edit: The game is only $40 now on Steam! Not sure if it's a crazy price drop already... or if it's just a sale.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2011, 01:13.

News Comments > GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders
14. Re: GameStop Honoring DNF Preorders May 30, 2011, 22:53 Paranoid Jack

As far as in store pre-orders... if the game slips or drops from radar I'm guessing it's the same as if you pre-order a game and then don't pick it up. The money you put down becomes theirs at some point with no refund. I can't remember the time period but I had it happen to me once years ago. Doubt it was DNF but it may have been.

If you only put five or ten down they will hold the game for two days before they are allowed (by store policy) to sell it to another customer. The guys at my favorite store will hold a game for me until I get a chance to pick it up or until they make contact with me about my intentions.

Not sure about the policy when you've pre-paided in full. Also if you pre-order for in-store pick-up via the Internet but don't pick it up the website says their is a restocking fee. After seeing that I never pre-order via the Internet again. Unless I wanted it shipped to me.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed
59. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 28, 2011, 13:11 Paranoid Jack

That was it for the most part. I figured it out just minutes after posting, thanks. Crazy how the game runs smooth at maxed settings but runs like shit on lower settings. I've had this happen before with other games using other Nvidia based cards too. Lower res textures are slower to process thru the card than high res textures.

Anyway, the other issue may be a bug. During the Indecent Proposal quest I get caught trying to sneak past the gaurds. So when I reload a save (all the saves from that area) I'm missing my equipment. Both swords and all thrown weapons (bombs & such) have been removed from the saves.

I'm trying to get past this since it's become somewhat of an irritation. Not to mention I may just mod the item weights away... that is getting annoying too.

edit: Too funny. I hadn't played in a few days and forgot the gate gaurd asked for my weapons before allowing me to enter. Though it didn't seem all that clear now that I think about it since Roche showed up and the conversation was sidetracked. I have to assume Geralt gave them up and will get them back upon leaving.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2011, 19:50.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed
57. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 27, 2011, 22:02 Paranoid Jack

I was having very little trouble (only one crash to desktop) running the game on the highest settings before installing this patch now the game is running like shit plus exiting to the menu and/or loading a game takes ten times longer. If you don't need the patch don't install it...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 27, 2011, 19:49 Paranoid Jack

China does make some of the most impressive rip offs of anything though.

LMAO... like their HiPhone? Or maybe their crappy version of the iPad?

I know they manufacture most of what we buy here in NA but I know it can't just be me that has noticed a steady decline in their product quality. I try to avoid Made in China now.... if possible, as hard as it is.

1727 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo