Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1767 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
16. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 11:05 Paranoid Jack

As much as I love Demons Souls and Dark Souls... though I have not finished either... I still need a demo or some hands on time with this port before dropping money on it. The games are both hard and fun as hell but also frustrating at times. If you go into them knowing the game is hard and you are going to die it helps.

Also if you're in a bad mood? Just don't play the game at that time. You'll be more likely to throw your controller or in this case smash your keyboard with your fist.

When I cause my own death I can handle it better than... well, lets say you're on a narrow ledge or on a cliff's edge fighting a creature while you're locked onto it you hit the creature he goes over the edge the lock on turns your character to face it as it falls and you slide off the edge yourself. Well, that can be extremely frustrating. Though that happened more in Demons Souls because of some areas with poor level design choices. Too many narrow walkways on the entry to that swamp level.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 3, 2012, 22:39 Paranoid Jack

After playing the Public Beta of Path of Exile I lost even more interest in D3. Not a good sign. Yeah, PoE doesn't break a lot of new ground but it was fun to play.  

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
30. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 14:10 Paranoid Jack

Tumbler wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:46:
I never played this back in the day but I hope this will be an HD update to the older game, that would be fun to play it and see what all the fuss was about.

@Tumbler, here is your chance to check it out for almost no cost....
Not a bad deal for 6 classic games

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2012, 14:17.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
11. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Mar 29, 2012, 23:40 Paranoid Jack

As for the download, it's in the faq, 3rd answer.

Yes, It is now.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
5. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Mar 29, 2012, 01:41 Paranoid Jack

I got the e-mail but there is no code to enter where it says Activate Beta... where do I download the client and how do I get a code need to activate the beta? D'Oh!

edit: Thinking I already jumped the gun and just need to sleep off this tequila. Not to mention wait until tomorrow to download the client.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Public Beta
8. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 25, 2012, 20:23 Paranoid Jack

I thought the camera was decent though at first I didn't think you could rotate until I held down the middle mouse button. No bugs yet just a few typos. Though it did crash to desktop when exiting which isn't much of an issue for me.  

6. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 25, 2012, 14:31 Paranoid Jack

Don't call it a comeback, this game has been in development since turn-based was still a force in the market.

Not sure if it was the desired effect but it made me lol. I think it's been in development somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 years right? Of course it's a hobby or second job for all those involved. Wish they would have had Kick Starter back then. It's been so long ago I can't even remember but some of us offered to pay for the game upfront to help fund the development. Not something Vince wanted to do... which was cool. I'm just glad it's nearing it's retail release. Shouldn't be more than another couple years.

1. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 25, 2012, 10:34 Paranoid Jack

SWEET! .... finally here?  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
39. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 00:21 Paranoid Jack

"You should know by now that any individual's experience with a game is not guaranteed to be the norm. There's people out there in the exact opposite position that you're in where FO3 ran flawlessly and NV crashed repeatedly."

Believe me I understand that.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 15, 2012, 22:06 Paranoid Jack

I'm sitting here trying to figure out all these "buggy as shit" comments. FNV was ten times better in almost every aspect compared to F3. I'm baffled. I never got far into Fallout 3 because the constant crashes drove me bat-shit crazy. It started thirty seconds outside of Vault 13. And after suffering through the most horrid tutorial phase of any game created... I shudder to think about starting F3 over as a baby.

Bethesda claimed it was my sound card. I removed the drivers and the card itself and the game continued to crash randomly no matter what I tried. I just shelved it and after they patched it I'd try to play it over and over again always giving up.

If it were not for FNV I doubt I would have bought Skyrim. My opinion of Bethesda was so low I didn't think I wanted to suffer through another crash-fest. And I remember Morrowind and Oblivion being buggy too. Though nothing compared to the mess F3 was.

After playing dozens of hours of FNV I think it crashed to desktop maybe three times. I even played it on my older machine to see if it was the machine or the program. FNV played fine on the same machine F3 was extremely unstable on.

I know Obsidian makes a lot of bad decisions when it comes to the deals they sign with the Devils of the industry... but damn. They need to start learning from these things. Maybe they should have flown in the gaming media from around the world... paying for all the food, booze, and prostitutes they could possibly handle like Bethesda did when they started up the hype machine for the F3 release?

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
92. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 14, 2012, 23:50 Paranoid Jack

Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:23:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 09:05:
WoW, over half a million in under 24 hours. Nice. Though I can't decide what tier to go for... so I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon. I'll go at least 75 but maybe the 100 tier would be the sweet spot for me since I like to keep old game boxes.
Remember that after you back, you can click MANAGE PLEDGE and adjust it up or down at any time until the kickstarter actually ends. So go for $75 now, but increase to $100 or more on the last day if you want You don't actually get charged until the kickstarter ends (and then only if it meets its goal). Amazon will put a temporary authorization hold on the card to make sure you have the credit available which won't matter if you use a credit card (using a debit card means that money is unavailable to use until the hold expires, but its not actually paid out until its actually charged at whatever the final amount you decide on)

Dev, thanks for the reminder. I'm in for the sweet spot ($100 pledge). I highly doubt I will change my mind but it is good to know I have the option. So awesome that it will likely reach the 900k goal in less than forty eight hours. Can't wait for the beta though that is most likely a year away at best. Yesterday was a great news day for me. GW2, Wasteland 2, and DF Adventure funded.

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
81. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 14, 2012, 09:05 Paranoid Jack

WoW, over half a million in under 24 hours. Nice. Though I can't decide what tier to go for... so I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon. I'll go at least 75 but maybe the 100 tier would be the sweet spot for me since I like to keep old game boxes.

On a side note... I'm betting there are a few dozen developers eyeing this option now. And we will soon see a few more throwing their hats into the ring. Can't wait to see what they decide to create or resurrect.

News Comments > Tim Schafer on Psychonauts 2
2. Re: Tim Schafer on Psychonauts 2 Mar 9, 2012, 21:58 Paranoid Jack

Definitely a funny character. Love this guy.  

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
17. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 11:14 Paranoid Jack

They don't show much of the map but I like what I saw.

Off topic: Reminded me of the old R6 days. A little bit of RavenShield and some of the earlier games. Ah, man I miss those games. RS took it a new direction and then they lost me with their 3rd person stuff.

Even further off topic: I thought UbiSoft was taking a game back to it's roots, Ghost Recon or something?

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
7. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:13 Paranoid Jack

Looking forward to it/them. Warts and all. Nobody makes a better multiplayer shooter for my tastes.

The first one is a must buy, the second is a maybe, and the last I need more info.

@born2expire, As far as Infantry vs. Air balance... I think the jets are unstoppable (in the right hands), some helos are close to that, and the armor is just about right. Its like that in all BF games. Some perks make it hard to take out vehicles when they are used by a smart skilled player. Though a squad working together can take out armor in a few hits no matter what the perks. I know unless you have friends or join a clan trying to find people that work together is like finding ice water in Hell.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2012, 11:06.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 5, 2012, 14:46 Paranoid Jack

This guy understands games and people. Don't follow him or the studio but I bought Minecraft to check it out. They made something special... something described as ugly by most... yet so addictive, fun, and creative its amazing. Can't wait to see what they do now that they have money.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ
17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ Feb 24, 2012, 01:06 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the info. I assumed that my e-mail was because I had signed up for their forums or because I own a few of the other GW games. Either way I'm glad to have been able to register. Praying now that I get accepted.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Feb 23, 2012, 23:16 Paranoid Jack

Damn, I almost wish I wouldn't have read that article. Now I'm reading his details on the Necro Traits and my anticipation for the game has gone through the roof again.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ
15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ Feb 23, 2012, 22:51 Paranoid Jack

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 10:31:
In case you did not get a confirmation email you can request it here....

https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend

And for email safelists it's noreply@guildwars.com

I still haven't got mine yet. Cry

You've got me worried now. I know they already acknowledged the fact that somebody was sending out bogus beta e-mails. I got an e-mail, followed the link, ran the system scanner, and got this auto response from noreply@guildwars2.com

Thanks for signing up!

Thanks for signing up for a chance to participate in the Guild Wars 2 beta test. We've received your application and we'll email you if you've been accepted. We appreciate your interest in Guild Wars 2!

Sincerely,

The Guild Wars 2 Team

Was yours from noreply@guildwars.com or from noreply@guildwars2.com?

News Comments > Obsidian Considering a Kickstart
53. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 20, 2012, 23:57 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 23:18:
Resurrect Van Buren

I'd go for that in half a heartbeat. Though I'm guessing Interplay owned it before it was canceled then kept the incomplete game when they cut the funding. Later selling it to Bethesda with the Fallout IP. It would be great if Bethesda gave them the right to polish it up and release it. Though it has about as much chance as a snowball in Hell.

But I would pre-pay to see it funded. No doubt.

1767 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo