Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up
30. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 10:43 Paranoid Jack

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 10:25:
Is there a teleport hack that allows hackers to teleport about the map? I've seen guys on my team and the other vanish before my eyes. Sometimes while I'm shooting at them.

I haven't seen one so far on the public and private hack sites I monitor to help police my server. That being said the game has incredibly funky netcode that is hidden behind a nearly 100ms layer of client prediction. If you go to your gameplay options and turn down Network Smoothing you'll see what I mean, it's like playing a whole different game - one filled with people warping around, a jet being in one place then magically appearing across the map and so on. Sometimes when the server is shitting itself you'll see that sort of thing crop up and unfortunately many server hosts just use VPS slices to host people on overloaded hardware.

So it being their server either with admin rights could enter the console type in the change and it would appear they are warping do to the fact my end is not updating properly any longer?

What about admin control of spawn locations? Is that possible?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 10:24 Paranoid Jack

Fati wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 10:22:
Krovven wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 01:55:
On my friends list top score per minute is 347, top accuracy is 19%, top K/D is 1.53.

My score per minute is 48, accuracy 8% and K/D is .5

Your friend is cheating.

LMAO!

26. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 10:08 Paranoid Jack

We all know the cheats won't stop, this won't change anything, and it will always be a part of on-line play. Yeah, I get mad as hell on occasion too. It sucks having some idiot(s) rain on your parade. But it's still fun as hell going on a clan server and owning two or three clan members on the other team playing against two of us or sometimes even just me by myself. I'm not saying I'm badass. Far from it. But I use tactics and have fun playing the game nine times out of ten.

One, thing I hate more than anything, besides developers using PB and thinking it works... I hate those cheaters who only toggle on when you start owning them. They cheat to offset your advantage even when it's you taking on him and his clan-mate. Then after they gain the advantage again they go back to playing normal. So sad. You end up with a better score but you lose out on the extra ribbons and points for the loss.

edit: Forgot to ask this earlier. For those who have researched this already. Is there a teleport hack that allows hackers to teleport about the map? I've seen guys on my team and the other vanish before my eyes. Sometimes while I'm shooting at them.

Plus one of those games where I was turning the tide with the tickets against two clan members. I changed tactics and drove past their ambush area to the next flag. They both popped up behind my vehicle and shot rockets at me blowing up my vehicle instantly. I had just scanned that sector seconds before so I know they were not there in plain view on the road.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2012, 10:23.

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Specs
11. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Specs Jan 9, 2012, 23:26 Paranoid Jack

After playing the D3 Beta I'm most likely going to get both but looking forward to KoA:R more than D3. I just hope it holds up over the dozens of hours of game play. Thinking they borrowed enough from all the genres and comparable games to make it worth the while. It should be a nice mixture of WoW, Fable, and Oblivion.  

News Comments > BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned
11. Re: BF3 Famas Rifle Changes Planned Dec 28, 2011, 12:48 Paranoid Jack

Wondered why 90% of people were using the damned FAMAS.

The air vehicles in BF games are always too hard to bring down. Even on the ground you hit them with a tank or rocket and they take less damage than an armored ground vehicle.

There are still plenty of hacks getting around PB, it's a joke. I've put three C4 packs on the rear of a burning tank hit the detonator and nothing happened. The tank turned and shot a shell and killed me through the terrain between us.

Still, loving the game...

edit:To explain the shooting before the lock on... the game is sometimes out of sync by a second or so. I've run around the corner of a building while under fire several times and after rounding the corner died from bullets hitting me which clearly couldn't have hit me since there is no longer a line of site. So how could they hit me? Because on the other end (the guy firing at me or the server side) I'm still out in the open. Been the same with all the Dice games that I can remember... at least.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2011, 12:55.

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
4. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 21, 2011, 21:21 Paranoid Jack

Even though I was not hooked or impressed when I played the marketing test/closed beta test I'm having thoughts of buying this one again. I've loved/hated MMOs in the past. Just usually not for very long. The longest of course being WoW... for more than a year from closed beta until eight or more months after launch when I was finally pulled away long enough to get that monkey off my back.

Strange, now I try to avoid being addicted or so hooked on a game that it takes over my spare time. I found myself avoid Skyrim lately (for the past two weeks) because I already have 87 hours invested and I'm not far into the main quest line.

I will most likley be into TOR sometime soon...

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
15. Re: FFUUUUU BLIZ Dec 16, 2011, 14:06 Paranoid Jack

Lokust wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 11:25:
So my handle which I've used for like 20 years now is a violation of their battletag naming policy?

Too funny mine too! I'm thinking they put the cart before the horse and the damn thing just ain't ready for prime time.

News Comments > On MW3 Bans
16. Re: On MW3 Bans Dec 15, 2011, 18:53 Paranoid Jack

I realize there have been cheats as long as there have been games but back in the day cheaters weren't blatant about it. They would mostly just use cheats on single player games that were too hard for them. That I can forgive and understand. However cheating during online games is something different. I can't understand how cheating to win could make anyone feel good in any way. I would feel like a scumbag looser if I had to resort to hacks to gain the upper hand.

I've never been the fastest or best online gamer but I have a hell of a time playing. If I had to cheat to have a good time there would be no point in it.

edit: As far as giving power to the players that is not the answer either. I've played in games where it was possible to vote kick people. It just becomes the Salem Witch trails. If your better than some idiot you automatically become that evil hacker to them. And they do all they can to get you kicked. Been there. Done that. It's almost as bad as the real hacks...

7. Re: On MW3 Bans Dec 15, 2011, 11:28 Paranoid Jack

Oh, I agree. It's better than nothing and yes BF3 is far better.  

4. Re: On MW3 Bans Dec 15, 2011, 11:19 Paranoid Jack

I think you misunderstand what the phrase commonly refers to. It can be used in other context... but mostly it means trying to prevent something that has already happened. So what I meant was they should have taken more steps to prevent cheats in the first place. The full phrase is sometimes 'there is no sense in closing the door now the horse is already out of the barn'.

Yes, I know they are using VAC on the PC version but like PB it is very limited and no company yet has come up with a way to do more than slow the hackers down. Some would say there is no way to permanently stop hackers/cheaters because every time VAC/PB makes changes they will just work around them. I tend to agree. So in other words the horse is already out of the barn?

edit: My current favorite shooter is BF3 and it has hackers galore. Yes, it uses PB. And anyone who has played games competitively knows this, you can't stop hackers/cheaters. You just occasionally get lucky and they get caught/banned. The sad truth is every game that has rewards/unlocks/perks within the game will have people cheating to get those unlocks. Just another sad fact of human nature.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2011, 11:26.

1. Re: On MW3 Bans Dec 15, 2011, 10:43 Paranoid Jack

The horse is already out of the barn!  

News Comments > Diablo III Opening Cinematic
16. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 23:11 Paranoid Jack

I haven't been salivating over the pending release for years... so when I got my invite I was happy and have been delighted so far. Can't wait for the release. This beta is the first thing to take my mind off Skyrim since it's release. Well... this beta, my daughter's graduation from the RN program, and my Mom coming to visit.  

News Comments > Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale
11. Re: Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale Dec 8, 2011, 11:23 Paranoid Jack

Kajetan wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 02:46:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 22:48:
More evidence (if you actually needed it) that the world has gone to shit.
Let me guess ... you are getting older and cant cope with the changes you experience?

And you're not... getting older that is? As far as coping I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking.

The irony? The Ad on the side bar was for Lords of Ultima... too funny.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2011, 23:24 Paranoid Jack

If you got the Pop Up telling your system was infected but no warning from your antivirus you are probably infected now. It's a tool installed then the Trojan. You can download MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and it should take care of it. That is if your on a Windows based PC.

VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.CA

Category: Tool

Description: This program is used to create viruses, worms or other malware.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\IL013H7O\index[1].htmFC120B10->(SCRIPT0000)

Trojan:JS/Redirector.HQ

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\Users\PJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Active\{ED50F7CF-214C-11E1-AA02-6C626D3EDB42}.dat->(Ole Stream 0)

7. Re: Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale Dec 7, 2011, 23:12 Paranoid Jack

Ah, I never made it past this sad headline... thanks for that info. I'll go read the rest now.

5. Re: Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale Dec 7, 2011, 22:48 Paranoid Jack

More evidence (if you actually needed it) that the world has gone to shit. Plus the fact that two of the last three days I have visited Blue's and upon opening a comments thread I've been sent a pop up telling me my computer is infected while my antivirus program quarantines and then prompts me to remove VirTool:JS/Obfuscator.CA and Trojan:JS/Redirector.HQ. Anyone else getting this from Blue's? I sent Blue an e-mail a couple days ago but haven't seen a response.  

News Comments > Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer
14. Re: removed Nov 27, 2011, 09:43 Paranoid Jack

I probably should have went into more detail on my original post... if you enjoyed the Piranha Byte games for the world design you will be surprised with Skyrim. I mostly enjoyed the Gothic series and Risen to some extent because of their world design. There is no comparison between Gothic more realistic approach and say Oblivion's Disneyland world design. Let us hope that Piranha Bytes has learned from their mistakes with G3 and Risen. Because Bethesda definitely has and far exceeded anything they have attempted in the past fifteen years. Not saying it's perfect but so very much better than Oblivion.

I would still love to see Piranha Bytes and Bethesda work together to create a new IP.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2011, 20:53.

News Comments > Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer
3. Re: Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer Nov 26, 2011, 20:03 Paranoid Jack

This statement could be said about Skyrim...

The beauty of the Gothics and Risen is that they are lovingly hand-crafted and every hill, ledge, cave put there with design and intent, every encounter, every piece of loot. It's not random and it shows, it makes a huge difference to the experience.

I've played sixty plus hours and only done a few of the main quests. Spent most of my time just wandering and exploring. I'm thinking Bethesda finally got it more right than wrong. Skyrim shows how much attention to detail they put into it. They may even have studied the Gothic games to learn what made them cult classics.

News Comments > Animating Skyrim
24. Re: Animating Skyrim Nov 11, 2011, 09:56 Paranoid Jack

"Go to your Windows Control Panel -> hardware and sound -> click on sound -> rightclick on the speakers/soundcard etc. -> go to config, advanced and change one on the dropdown to 24bit, 48000Hz.
This will fix the crashing at menu, its the sounds thats bugged beyond shit its playable with the above done, higher quality makes it crash."

@Draugr, thanks and that is exactly what I did. I figured it out about ten minutes after I posted. I remember the main reason Fallout was crashing on my old PC. Sound card issues. So I reset the quality on my sound card to the default and the game booted fine.

I meant to post it last night but after playing I was tired and just went to bed. Thanks again,

News Comments > Animating Skyrim
9. Re: Animating Skyrim Nov 11, 2011, 00:11 Paranoid Jack

Just decrypted & installed the final parts of Skyrim. Started the game. A Bethesda's logo appears, then a Skyrim logo appears, then the game crashes to desktop.... looks like another rough start. I just pray to God it doesn't crash every couple minutes like Fallout did.  

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo