Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1698 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up
57. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Feb 9, 2012, 22:26 Paranoid Jack

Me thinks you have a reading comprehension issue....

I never mention that he killed me quickly or that it was suspiciously quick. I never said I couldn't hit him as well as he hit me. Those are things you are interjecting into what I said. I said he was able to kill me even after I had shot him repeatedly and then he showed no damage to his health. And the only time I ever killed him was with his back to me. Yet his scores were in line with mine and everyone else near the top of the scoreboard. Not to mention you skip over all the other examples I gave, strange.

The game has hit detection or have you not played it? So when you hit somebody you see an indication of that. So if I can see I have repeatedly hit him and yet he kills me with no damage showing on his tag when the game shows me who killed me then that would be suspicious to anyone with common sense, would it not?

Also, me thinks... thou dost protest too much!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action Feb 9, 2012, 22:10 Paranoid Jack

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 21:30:
Fire the tools who thought that a modern remake of this classic game needed to be dumbed down and made into an RTS.

WTB a new Silent Storm (without robots.)

Ah, yeah! Why haven't they expanded on this franchise? I know they made money. I love the games but the robot mech suits kind of ruined it a bit.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action Feb 9, 2012, 21:02 Paranoid Jack

d'Oh! Meant to cancel this one from my Steam purchases. Wanted to pick it up on the cheap in a few months when I have the time to play it. I enjoyed the demo but think they should have tried to implement a lot more features than they settled for.  

News Comments > U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January
1. Re: U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January Feb 9, 2012, 20:58 Paranoid Jack

I got to say it... too many good games out and those of us who work full time and have family's just can't play them all. I've found myself buying less and less. Trick is to buy those that are most suited to you.  

News Comments > Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips
1. Re: Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips Feb 9, 2012, 20:51 Paranoid Jack

"We have implemented changes which will greatly improve the game experience and final release will live up to the highest expectations. We expect launch to be a big opportunity for Blizzard. More details will be announced in the coming weeks."

I had to lol. Sorry, I'm in the beta but the game isn't gripping enough to hold my attention. I do have OPADD. That is Older Peoples Attention Deficit Disorder for those of you who are not aware. But still the game is fun but not addictive. After playing the demo through twice I lost interest. I do need to go back and see what they have changed because it will effect my LE Pre-Order purchase, for sure.

55. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Feb 5, 2012, 14:31 Paranoid Jack

Sepharo wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 19:46:
Bhruic wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 10:05:
As Paranoid put it: He has 60 ping, a normal score, and kills me quickly, quicker than others, therefore he must cheat.

Too funny you are complaining about other twisting your words and then you do the same?

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Demo
17. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Demo Feb 2, 2012, 11:35 Paranoid Jack

Looks fun to me. I love TBS but also open to RTwP. I missed this yesterday and just got a chance to get the demo. Have the day off do to a last minute schedule change but I'm going out to shoot some real guns before I come home to shoot the virtual kind.

Looking forward to this one. Already bought it on Steam and hoping this demo doesn't make me regret that.

Wish Soldiers of Anarchy would have been better marketed. I would have like to play it from the look of it. Is it still available via download from someplace? I saw one copy on Amazon but haven't had a chance to search any further.

46. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Feb 1, 2012, 01:03 Paranoid Jack

You're still playing counter strike? WoW

44. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Feb 1, 2012, 00:24 Paranoid Jack

Sepharo wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 19:31:
You have anecdotal evidence that there are lots of "subtle" cheaters and I have anecdotal evidence that there are not lots of "subtle" cheaters.

The only thing we can be sure of is blatant cheaters, ones who get caught and ones who do impossible things (normally constrained by speed, distance, etc). I have yet to see a blatant cheater (I know they exist) and if I'm just not noticing "subtle" cheaters then I guess it doesn't really bother me. Apparently their subtle cheats are not better than my vanilla client.

I think the main thing to consider and you said it yourself..."I haven't played too long (I think it's around 30hrs)". I've got more time playing since my account was wiped and three times that before it was wiped. Once you've play a hundred plus hours let's see what you think, aye?

I'm not even sure why any of us are shocked (well, most of us aren't) since the BF games have been bug infested and hack riddled since the very first. Not to mention DICE never seems to support them as much as they should...

40. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Jan 31, 2012, 02:14 Paranoid Jack

Well, I'll admit its not beautifully phrased but its no joke... that guy was untouchable unless I hit him from behind. And I racked up plenty of kills against his team mates so I know I wasn't having a bad night or a lag issue.

If your playing on a server that has no hacks you're lucky. Of course you said you mostly play 64 player conquest maps which is pure pandemonium. It's total chaos in those games which makes it a bit harder to spot shady game play. I try to pick the best ping with a fair number of players. And stick to Ranked HardCore PB games.

I just played a couple hours with a sniper who was one shotting me from anywhere on the Karkand map with a Holo Scope. Not possible to do consistently like he was at those distances. That scope has limited range yet for him it was as if he had the x8 or x12 scope attached and he was killing me with one shot every time. That doesn't seem odd to you?

38. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Jan 30, 2012, 22:47 Paranoid Jack

Bhruic wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 13:49:
The thing about "spotting" cheaters is that the cheating has become much more subtle. The days of having a guy with a full-on aimbot are mostly gone - if only because they know they'll get banned fairly quickly. These days, it's mostly about assisted playing - assisted aiming, assisted spotting, etc. For example, having the ability to spot all enemies gives you a leg up, but it doesn't translate into something you can spot as cheating.

Exactly. Most hackers now are not retarded enough to run around sniping people while sprinting about the map... though I still see this on occasion. The majority of hacks I am seeing are in the realm of game assistance versus the old school instant winner hacks.

Almost ever day I play I see suspicious behavior. The most used hack I think are the location hacks.. guys who always know where you are. They come running at you every time as if they see you through the walls or terrain. And are always facing directly at you and shooting the instant they round the corner.

I played with some clan guys the other night, none were using recon so they had no sensors, they where on me within fifteen seconds of spawn every time even though I started camping after spawn to confirm they were wall hacking. There is no way to prove something like that but you would have to be stupid not to recognize it. Wall hacks have been the most popular types of cheats for more than a decade. And the only way to catch them is if the game has built in ability for the admin to see what the player sees. Otherwise the admin has to have the same hack running and sees the suspected player responding to things he can't possibly see unless he is using a hack to see player locations.

Last night this guy would kill me every time even if I had already shot him numerous times spending most of a clip on him. He rarely took any damage when I was hitting him. And the only time I ever killed him was when I caught him with his back to me. It was as if he was hosting the server if you know what I mean. He had a clear latency advantage though his ping was between high thirties to low sixties. Also you have to take into account that if it was skill then why were his scores in line with everyone else? If he was that good his scores should have reflected that but I played with him for hours and his scores never stood out he was just near the top ever time. If you are out gunned by somebody good that is one thing but just being out gunned ever single time even when you had the guy dead to rights that is something else. What else is there besides lag? Hacks of course. I wasn't having any problems killing others since my kill to death ratio was normal about two to one sometimes better sometimes worse. I tend to do worse while defending com stations for example.

Still anything DICE can do is better than nothing. Crazy thing... I still can't believe with all the brilliant hackers out there why none have out done Even Balance and their shitty PunkBuster crap. Oh, well... until then we just have to live with all the morons cheating or stop playing these games.

EDIT:Most hackers now are not retarded enough to run around sniping people while sprinting about the map... though I still see this on occasion. What I meant by this was the hack they have for BBC2 where the player can run around and single shot kill you while sprinting with a sniper rifle. Something that may be possible on occasion but not going to happen ever single time he pulls the trigger. That same guy was shooting everyone on the map from his spawn killing us all instantly within seconds of being spawned.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2012, 23:05.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2012, 22:12 Paranoid Jack

nin wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 22:09:
some guy from the Black Keys (never heard of them)

You should fix that. Immediately.

Fix what? Are you saying they got some good tunes? If so I will have a listen. While surfing I saw a link to Tattoo by VH and had to laugh thinking about VH doing the half time show with Dave singing Tattoo...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2012, 22:06 Paranoid Jack

Sepharo wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 20:22:
Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 19:47:
OMFG Madonna is doing the halftime show for the Superbowl?!?!?! Wow, that's right up there with the Black Eyed Peas. Do the clowns who put these shows together have no idea of the demographic that makes up the lion-share of football fans? Do they really think that they want to see people like Madonna, the BEP, etc? Seriously?

What about Nickleback?

Funny thing about music. Something you love is total shit to somebody else. I didn't read it but I did laughed when I heard DJs talking about some guy from the Black Keys (never heard of them) talking shit about Nickelback. Hey, if they are packing the arena's while others are failing to... more power to 'em. Like their music or not at least they are doing what they love. Most of us can't say that.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
146. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 16, 2012, 21:47 Paranoid Jack

Hello Dumbass Who Bought From Origin,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I appreciate your interest in Battlefield 3. But you already have another ticket open with similar issue and that has been escalated to higher level. So they will contact you via email regarding this issue.

I know nothing can really measure up to what you feel, but please allow me to offer you this Discount Code (EA-SUCKS-ASS) that should allow you a 15% Discount on Origin. The code can be redeemed at: http://store.origin.com and is valid for 30 days on released games (except Pre-orders and new releases).

In case of any further questions, please feel free to get in touch with us anytime. You can also visit our website and review our extensive self-help knowledgebase (http://help.ea.com).

Regards,
Guy From India,
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello Guy From India,

I do realize I have another case for this issue. The reason I am contacting you is because nobody seems to care. I haven't heard anything in the week since the first ticket was created. I do appreciate your quicker response. Is it possible for you to have somebody involved with the other case contact me? It seems I'm still getting nowhere fast. Since my character was wiped I really don't care to play BF3 until this is resolved and I fear it will not be.

Also I don't want to sound ungrateful but I wouldn't care to use the 15% off code. If this issue is not resolved fairly I will never purchase another product from EA's Origin service. If EA intends to compete with the other digital distribution services it needs to put the proper customer service into place to care for customers who have purchased their products. At this time I'm not seeing that to be the case.

Thank you in advance for escalating this issue to somebody who can restore my character's stats.

Sincerely,
The Idiot Who Bought From Origin

44. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 15:40 Paranoid Jack

Bard wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 15:15:
Screw that. it took me AGES to figure out that i required BOTH origin AND bioware accounts for starwars etc.

Origin sucks.

I'm committed to spending my gaming dollar on stuff that works properly without unnecessary dicking around.

That is a huge part of their problem. They have no continuity between EA, Origin, and all the studios they now own. I had been using my user name on all BF titles since the original for almost a decade. And all of them were registered retail games. I was playing BFBC2 on both the PC and the PSN which required EA accounts. The PC version was a digital download using EA Downloader. So they had my info and my player name. Yet they allowed another person in England to register with Origin using my user name (just lower case j instead of the capital I used). This screwed up my account and lead to this fiasco.

Why they have no cohesion between their studios their on-line site and their download service is a huge reason to avoid this service like the plague. And I won't even try to explain the HELL I went through trying to boot Dragon Age: Origins recently.

Simple and to the point... Origin sucks and EA doesn't have what it takes to make this a user friendly service.

42. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 15:22 Paranoid Jack

I've now written off all EA games that require Origin. Which will be anything that comes out from BF3 on. Yeah, I bought BF3 because I loved the series. They have the best multi-player game-play for my tastes. Except the sci-fi version... skipped that one. It was the normal love/hate relationship with BF3 until recently. Though EA's Origin (which replaced their EA Downloader) created more of a dislike while booting the game. They did fix a lot of the browser issues after the beta stage or after the game went retail. But their customer service is horrible. For almost a week I have been waiting for them to restore my BF3 stats after an EA Agent wiped my account while trying to change my Origin EA Master ID. I asked the 3rd Agent to escalate it and then sent an e-mail... nobody has contacted me. Blows my mind that the Agents even have the ability to wipe an account but no ability to restore it?

I will not buy another product that has anything to do with Origin.

News Comments > BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up
44. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 16:48 Paranoid Jack

MajorD wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 14:31:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 13:50:
WoW, loving EA more than evar! After two hours on hold I was hung up on or disconnected. I'm going to wait to see if he calls me back before I contact another EA Rep. Got to love it. What a way to spend your day off, right?

Sorry to see you are going through all that BS; it is frustrating enough having to deal with incompetence on the telephone, on top of the wait time. How many times have you had to repeat your issue?
Wall

I'd sent them an e-mail just after Origin was turned up. Never heard from them. Today I was told by the second agent another player in England has my user name with lower case J. That is why I couldn't have it. I asked how could he register when all my previous BF games (pc/ps3/x-box) are all registered under that user name. So nothing got fixed. And I was told my stats should return when the server updates. Though I highly doubt it since the stats constantly update. So my guess is I'll have to contact them again about returning my stats.

41. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 13:50 Paranoid Jack

WoW, loving EA more than evar! After two hours on hold I was hung up on or disconnected. I'm going to wait to see if he calls me back before I contact another EA Rep. Got to love it. What a way to spend your day off, right?  

38. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 13:06 Paranoid Jack

ATTENTION: THOSE OF YOU THINKING ABOUT CHANGING YOUR MASTER EA ID... be aware that if you contact EA about changing your Master EA Log In you may get screwed over like I just did. Just a word of warning.

When they rolled out this Origin shit I already had a User ID I'd been using for going on two decades... the same one here on Blue's, the same one on X-Box Live, and the PSNetwork. I've been playing BF games since the original. And they had my user identity as ParanoidJack since they won't allow spaces between words. Origin would not allow me to use that name when I created my account. Nor did it warn me this would be my permanent (at that time) user name in all on-line games. Nor did it warn me they had nothing in place to correct or change your names.

So today I read an earlier comment in this thread and was shocked that they had finally fix this issue... or so I thought. After trying on line to correct the Master EA ID to my other Identity listed on their own site I decide to contact EA. I gave them my cell number and was shocked a guy called me not more than a minute later. He didn't seem very bright (this should have been a warning flag to me) since I had to repeat my issue three times before he asked somebody else for help and then finally put me on hold. That was over an hour ago. I'm still on hold. He has yet to come back and advise me of anything... but I logged out of my accounts to let him do his thing. I just tried to log back in and my Master EA ID is the same just all lower case letter... but (and it's a big one) he also somehow wiped my stats. I've been reset to a one striper and I still have the same Master EA ID (just all lower case now). SWEET!

I'm hoping he comes back on the phone sometime today... going on an hours and twenty minutes of hold time now. Glad I have a shit load of roll over minutes saved up.

30. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 10:43 Paranoid Jack

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 10:25:
Is there a teleport hack that allows hackers to teleport about the map? I've seen guys on my team and the other vanish before my eyes. Sometimes while I'm shooting at them.

I haven't seen one so far on the public and private hack sites I monitor to help police my server. That being said the game has incredibly funky netcode that is hidden behind a nearly 100ms layer of client prediction. If you go to your gameplay options and turn down Network Smoothing you'll see what I mean, it's like playing a whole different game - one filled with people warping around, a jet being in one place then magically appearing across the map and so on. Sometimes when the server is shitting itself you'll see that sort of thing crop up and unfortunately many server hosts just use VPS slices to host people on overloaded hardware.

So it being their server either with admin rights could enter the console type in the change and it would appear they are warping do to the fact my end is not updating properly any longer?

What about admin control of spawn locations? Is that possible?

1698 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo