Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
39. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 00:21 Paranoid Jack

"You should know by now that any individual's experience with a game is not guaranteed to be the norm. There's people out there in the exact opposite position that you're in where FO3 ran flawlessly and NV crashed repeatedly."

Believe me I understand that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 15, 2012, 22:06 Paranoid Jack

I'm sitting here trying to figure out all these "buggy as shit" comments. FNV was ten times better in almost every aspect compared to F3. I'm baffled. I never got far into Fallout 3 because the constant crashes drove me bat-shit crazy. It started thirty seconds outside of Vault 13. And after suffering through the most horrid tutorial phase of any game created... I shudder to think about starting F3 over as a baby.

Bethesda claimed it was my sound card. I removed the drivers and the card itself and the game continued to crash randomly no matter what I tried. I just shelved it and after they patched it I'd try to play it over and over again always giving up.

If it were not for FNV I doubt I would have bought Skyrim. My opinion of Bethesda was so low I didn't think I wanted to suffer through another crash-fest. And I remember Morrowind and Oblivion being buggy too. Though nothing compared to the mess F3 was.

After playing dozens of hours of FNV I think it crashed to desktop maybe three times. I even played it on my older machine to see if it was the machine or the program. FNV played fine on the same machine F3 was extremely unstable on.

I know Obsidian makes a lot of bad decisions when it comes to the deals they sign with the Devils of the industry... but damn. They need to start learning from these things. Maybe they should have flown in the gaming media from around the world... paying for all the food, booze, and prostitutes they could possibly handle like Bethesda did when they started up the hype machine for the F3 release?

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
92. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 14, 2012, 23:50 Paranoid Jack

Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:23:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 09:05:
WoW, over half a million in under 24 hours. Nice. Though I can't decide what tier to go for... so I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon. I'll go at least 75 but maybe the 100 tier would be the sweet spot for me since I like to keep old game boxes.
Remember that after you back, you can click MANAGE PLEDGE and adjust it up or down at any time until the kickstarter actually ends. So go for $75 now, but increase to $100 or more on the last day if you want You don't actually get charged until the kickstarter ends (and then only if it meets its goal). Amazon will put a temporary authorization hold on the card to make sure you have the credit available which won't matter if you use a credit card (using a debit card means that money is unavailable to use until the hold expires, but its not actually paid out until its actually charged at whatever the final amount you decide on)

Dev, thanks for the reminder. I'm in for the sweet spot ($100 pledge). I highly doubt I will change my mind but it is good to know I have the option. So awesome that it will likely reach the 900k goal in less than forty eight hours. Can't wait for the beta though that is most likely a year away at best. Yesterday was a great news day for me. GW2, Wasteland 2, and DF Adventure funded.

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
81. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 14, 2012, 09:05 Paranoid Jack

WoW, over half a million in under 24 hours. Nice. Though I can't decide what tier to go for... so I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon. I'll go at least 75 but maybe the 100 tier would be the sweet spot for me since I like to keep old game boxes.

On a side note... I'm betting there are a few dozen developers eyeing this option now. And we will soon see a few more throwing their hats into the ring. Can't wait to see what they decide to create or resurrect.

News Comments > Tim Schafer on Psychonauts 2
2. Re: Tim Schafer on Psychonauts 2 Mar 9, 2012, 21:58 Paranoid Jack

Definitely a funny character. Love this guy.  

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
17. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 11:14 Paranoid Jack

They don't show much of the map but I like what I saw.

Off topic: Reminded me of the old R6 days. A little bit of RavenShield and some of the earlier games. Ah, man I miss those games. RS took it a new direction and then they lost me with their 3rd person stuff.

Even further off topic: I thought UbiSoft was taking a game back to it's roots, Ghost Recon or something?

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
7. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:13 Paranoid Jack

Looking forward to it/them. Warts and all. Nobody makes a better multiplayer shooter for my tastes.

The first one is a must buy, the second is a maybe, and the last I need more info.

@born2expire, As far as Infantry vs. Air balance... I think the jets are unstoppable (in the right hands), some helos are close to that, and the armor is just about right. Its like that in all BF games. Some perks make it hard to take out vehicles when they are used by a smart skilled player. Though a squad working together can take out armor in a few hits no matter what the perks. I know unless you have friends or join a clan trying to find people that work together is like finding ice water in Hell.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2012, 11:06.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 5, 2012, 14:46 Paranoid Jack

This guy understands games and people. Don't follow him or the studio but I bought Minecraft to check it out. They made something special... something described as ugly by most... yet so addictive, fun, and creative its amazing. Can't wait to see what they do now that they have money.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ
17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ Feb 24, 2012, 01:06 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the info. I assumed that my e-mail was because I had signed up for their forums or because I own a few of the other GW games. Either way I'm glad to have been able to register. Praying now that I get accepted.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Feb 23, 2012, 23:16 Paranoid Jack

Damn, I almost wish I wouldn't have read that article. Now I'm reading his details on the Necro Traits and my anticipation for the game has gone through the roof again.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ
15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta FAQ Feb 23, 2012, 22:51 Paranoid Jack

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 10:31:
In case you did not get a confirmation email you can request it here....

https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend

And for email safelists it's noreply@guildwars.com

I still haven't got mine yet. Cry

You've got me worried now. I know they already acknowledged the fact that somebody was sending out bogus beta e-mails. I got an e-mail, followed the link, ran the system scanner, and got this auto response from noreply@guildwars2.com

Thanks for signing up!

Thanks for signing up for a chance to participate in the Guild Wars 2 beta test. We've received your application and we'll email you if you've been accepted. We appreciate your interest in Guild Wars 2!

Sincerely,

The Guild Wars 2 Team

Was yours from noreply@guildwars.com or from noreply@guildwars2.com?

News Comments > Obsidian Considering a Kickstart
53. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 20, 2012, 23:57 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 23:18:
Resurrect Van Buren

I'd go for that in half a heartbeat. Though I'm guessing Interplay owned it before it was canceled then kept the incomplete game when they cut the funding. Later selling it to Bethesda with the Fallout IP. It would be great if Bethesda gave them the right to polish it up and release it. Though it has about as much chance as a snowball in Hell.

But I would pre-pay to see it funded. No doubt.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2012, 22:34 Paranoid Jack

To each his own.... oh, no doubt about it. I was enjoying the Hell out of KoA:R and forgot to cancel my JA:BiA pre-order on Steam. So glad I didn't. I took a break from KoA:R and booted JA:BiA and I am having a lot of fun with the game, warts and all.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2012, 03:33 Paranoid Jack

Ant wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 22:44:
I took today off to make a four days weekend.

LoL, I did the same. +2 for you. +3 for me. Thanks to my job they scheduled me to work next weekend so they also gave me Tuesday off too. 1 down 4 to go.

@Cutter, I thought all employers that require you to join or pay Union dues also had an opt out? Where I work I can opt out and give the money to charity. Without getting into the whole Union debate I think they are a necessary evil for lack of better words. Just like an insurance policy if you will....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2012, 16:18 Paranoid Jack

@kanniballl & eDave

Ah, yeah. Just one of the many reasons I'm still baffled that our country has turning anti-union.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Feb 14, 2012, 22:06 Paranoid Jack

I followed it for about three years but that was years ago. They did originally switch to the Torque engine to improve from what they had. But that was a long long time ago. Since then they have been changing a lot about the way the game plays. And fine tuning it.

I've always planned on buy it since it sounds like a game I would love to play. I even wanted to pre-pay for it years ago to help fund the development. But Vince decided he didn't like that idea. Can't really blame him.

I'm very much looking forward to it. I plan on buy the LE if they still plan on doing one. It was to come with the extras and a digital download so that you can play the game while you wait for them to ship it to you. Hope that is still an option.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Feb 13, 2012, 20:58 Paranoid Jack

WoW, has hell frozen over? I didn't think this game would ever be released. Years ago they said when the demo was released the game would follow soon after.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up
61. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Feb 12, 2012, 10:08 Paranoid Jack

Look BF3 Hacks Galore > Nope No Hacks or Cheaters Here

Not sure why I am wasting my time but here goes... one last time. We are not on dial up anymore and latency can't help you explain away all the hacks that are out there. So glad you supposedly never see them. You can wear blinders all you like it matters not to me. Oh, and your breakdown made me LMAO, thanks.

"I just got done playing a few hours of CS, some guys were incredibly hard to hit while others were easy. It's not because they were hackers, they were terrible. It's because they don't set their rates right, their pings appear normal but they skip all over the fucking place."

This sounds like a short parody of my parody does it not? Well that is what you called it, right. Hmmm, because they don't set their rates right? Do you mean they may be altering something to make themselves harder to hit but they are still just normal? I'm sorry to you they are terrible players? Which mean you are so much better? You just gave a classic example of a hack or cheat that is not detectable and you yourself even said they were possibly doing it but that doesn't make them hackers? Hackers are cheaters, cheaters are hackers. If you alter the rate at which your packets are being sent to the server so that it makes you hard to hit you are HACKING. If you altered the game in ANY way to give yourself an advantage over people playing the game normally you are HACKING. Some might call it glitching or exploiting but it's all the same to me... you are cheating. And I am not saying you are but again you seem to be going way beyond trying to prove to us that there aren't hacks that are hard to detect... yet, you just gave us an example of one. Thanks for painting yourself into a corner. I promise you I will not come back with a response since you clearly see things in a different light. Sooner or later those rose colored glasses will come off or break. Take it easy kid...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action Feb 11, 2012, 00:01 Paranoid Jack

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 00:25:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 22:10:
Ah, yeah! Why haven't they expanded on this franchise? I know they made money. I love the games but the robot mech suits kind of ruined it a bit.

For the record, games by that same company, using various generations of the Silent Storm Engine:

Silent Storm
Silent Storm: Sentinels
Hammer and Sickle
Nightwatch(available in the US)
Daywatch(not available in the US? I can't find it)

LoL, thanks for all the info. I own them all except Daywatch. I've seen the movies but didn't know there was a game also. I've played through S2 three times, S3 once, and never finished the other two.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action Feb 10, 2012, 23:53 Paranoid Jack

Ah, never mind I found it...  

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo