Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1767 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals
10. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 22:32 Paranoid Jack

I appreciate the stretch goals as it not only entices people to help fund but also gives us a feeling we are getting more because they are locking down some specifics for the final release.

I for one am extremely excited for this project and I am supporting them. Not only on this one but future releases as long as they continue to create the games they are well known for. This is truly a no-brain-er for anyone who played and loved their old titles.

Hell, I hope they do another Kickstarter with a second team to create a post apocalyptic title that plays like the original Fallout (I & II). That would be amazing!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Online Launches
14. Re: Foolzatch@gmail.com Sep 15, 2012, 19:19 Paranoid Jack

So its Pay to Win?

What about the gameplay is it as bad as it looks in the videos?

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
58. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:58 Paranoid Jack

I knew they would be finding their way to Kickstarter. I'm so very glad they are too. They can now turn to the players to help them fund a game that publishers won't touch. Face it most publishers/retailers don't/won't touch an old school RPG with adult themes. I think most of us understand this is a good thing.. a damn good thing.

I just can't decide how much to pledge. $100 was the sweet spot for me with Wasteland 2 but with Project Eternity it just doesn't get you as much. So for me it is apparent they are shooting for a much higher close than W2 was hoping for.

Off Topic if you don't already own all these amazing older games...

GoG.Com has some classics on Promo!

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
53. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 8, 2012, 23:07 Paranoid Jack

Damn, I was on the fence and thinking about holding off on this purchase... but after ten minutes of gameplay I was sold on the pre-order.

I agree- hopefully the game gets harder/bigger in the last half.

According to them it was being played on normal with an option to make it harder by going hard core. I love that option. Since death is permanent it makes it so much more painful losing a trained soldier.

Going to look for that PAX panel video and/or audio right now.

edit: Thanks dj LiTh, stolen thunder duly noted.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2012, 23:15.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
42. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 7, 2012, 21:37 Paranoid Jack

I own and have messed around with all the old games but unfortunately never had a chance to play them all when they were in their prime. I doubt they will ever be able to recreate or recapture what was so special about most of the old games we loved simple because the technology has moved so far beyond the standards of old. Back then you had to use your imagination more. Today's games do much more of that for you with their shiny imaging.

Not saying you can't use DOSBox or whatever to have a good time playing old games. I do it myself from time to time. And occasionally I have an awesome time too. Its just never the same. You can't turn back time and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. At least I've never had the same satisfaction when I do dig out an oldie and play it now while comparing the experience to my memories of the first time. It is in part due to the so called rose colored glasses effect. Its just hard to go back once you've played so many games with flashy modern graphics.

I think the last TBS I loved warts and all was Silent Storm. After playing it through almost three times Sentinels came out and I played it through but I was less satisfied since they didn't really expand on the original.

That said... I like what I've seen with this remake or re-imaging to be more precise. I will most likely purchase this before the release. Wishing there were a demo out. I plan on watching the let's play type videos a bit later. Still at this time the only thing I can think about is GW2 and/or DayZ.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
47. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 3, 2012, 00:01 Paranoid Jack

One risk and a huge one... spending five plus years developing a huge MMO to compete with WoW that has no subscription fees. Most other free to play MMOs look like shit compared to GW2.

Are you still there or did you log back into WoW? Oh, screw it I'm logging back into GW2. I need to get one of my characters up high enough to make enough gold and start unlocking those extras.

46. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 23:57 Paranoid Jack

In other NEWS... there have been studies done that show people's interests wane over time.

33. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 21:17 Paranoid Jack

I'm having a good time with the game yet still have a few issues with it at the moment. It runs smoothly at fifty or so frames with high or better settings. I don't get a lot of lag. But when I do get it it makes the game frustrating to play. Which has been the case since Al Gore helped to invent the Internet, damn him...

My biggest complaint is they only let you have characters on one server/world at a time. And then only five. I would like to have one of each profession without having to delete a character just to try another type. Add that to the limited shared bank space and it seems they are doing their best to get me to buy gems for more access.

Yes, I know you can trade coin in game to get gems but I would have to exploit a glitch (possibly getting the Ban Hammer), hire some Chinese Gold Farmers (or just buy some gold from them), or quit my job so that I can play 24/7 to afford just the three things in game that I feel they held back on in their effort to make me want to buy gems.

We're talking spending another $25. Eighteen Hundred Gems to unlock a sixth character slot, a fifth bag slot in the inventory, and finally to unlock more bank space for my five or six characters to share. I know they are trying to make money since that is what businesses do. I know they don't charge a monthly fee... and only charge for the expansions which are sure to follow starting next year.

And those reasons are pretty good. Otherwise I wouldn't even entertain the thought of dropping another $25 for in game purchases. Yet, I can't seem to pull the trigger. For three days now I have been on the fence. Just not sure I like this trend that has become the norm.

Still I already feel I have got my money's worth from GW2. Having a blast.

edit: Too fucking ironic that as I posted that an ad was up top for the purchase of Diablo 3 Gold.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2012, 21:23.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
79. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 29, 2012, 03:08 Paranoid Jack

Cutter, how much more space did your bank unlock open up?

One of my biggest gripes is the shared bank across all toons. Pretty much forces you to open more space using gems. I like that the toons share collectibles. That I can applaud. While I play alts and focus on other crafting skills what I've gathered but can't use contributes to the leveling of my other character just by sending the items to the collectibles storage/bank.

My other complaint is that I'm having fun with every profession so far. Somebody was talking about thier Necro being boring? Did you try a dual dagger wielding necro? Adds a nice twist to the class.... er, profession.

Another thing I noticed is you can only have characters on one server at a time? And five is the limit? Not sure I like that since I wanted to try them all without deleting any. The flips side is it helps me focus on what I got instead of trying every profession there is before making the tough decision on which I like best.

Leaning toward the Engineer and the Ranger as my two mains. Though the Guardian is a blast to play and I have yet to try the Warrior, the Thief, and the Mesmer.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
78. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 29, 2012, 02:59 Paranoid Jack

Having too much fun playing Gw2. I will have to use the Jedi Mind Trick on myself again in the morning... otherwise I may want to call in sick... staying home the rest of the week just to playing GW2.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2012, 03:15.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
38. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 26, 2012, 03:28 Paranoid Jack

I've been playing most of the day. Have a level 14 Sylvari Necro. Got in last night before the official launch time and the connection was up and down a lot but I was able to get several characters made with names I wanted. Today the server is solid. Solo playing mostly.

Loving the game. Blows my mind... the crafting gives you items that you can actually use and/or haven't yet out grown. Fun experimenting with items to create new recipes. Also love that I am spending most of my time just running around exploring, doing quests, joining in the dynamic events, and gathering crafting supplies.

Haven't jumped into WvWvW yet. Enjoyed it in beta. And know it will be even more addictive than the PvE I'm enjoying now. Worth every penny.

Best part of the game (besides exploring the awesome environments) has to be the way using different weapons change the profession so drastically. Having a hard time turning it off.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 29, 2012, 20:46 Paranoid Jack

Dev wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 20:11:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 17:56:
Major issue with DayZ at the moment, as far as gameplay design, is the complete lack of incentive to team up with other players. It's very easy to survive on your own if you're at least somewhat careful, so most people just shoot other players on sight because they see them as walking piņatas rather than potential allies.
Kinda like real life might be in a zombie apocalypse.

Yep, I can dig that part of it. But the AI Zs and Bandits turn into Carl Lewis and start warping/running around like a meth head on bath salts.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 29, 2012, 17:49 Paranoid Jack

Axis wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 16:56:
The real lesson here is inclusion of modding. Make even a mediocre game moddable, you can still become mighty profitable.

No doubt. I was going to avoid ArmA II after being burned with the original and trying the ArmA II Demo. This game is full of issues. Playing some DayZ and noticing the same. But they at least are in Alpha stage not retail. Or so they say they have plans to make it a stand alone later this year. I hope they can fix some of the many issues with the game.

It can be fun playing solo also. Lone Wolf against the world. Killing the Zs getting easy once you find the right weapons. But their psycho AI abilities makes it very inconsistent as far as great game play goes. Still its fun.

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
42. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 23, 2012, 00:36 Paranoid Jack

Nerian wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 00:21:
GUYS. CALM DOWN. READ THE LEGAL DOCUMENT.

THIS IS A LAWSUIT OVER A GAME CALLED "MINDCRAFT". THEY SENT IT TO THE WRONG GUY!

LOL, thanks. After reading all of Cutters hate posts and the others hitting him back I was cracking up pretty good but that one was solid gold.

Again, thank you.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2012, 12:25 Paranoid Jack

L M A O, thanks. Good one. I was thinking about the BestBuy Geek Squad tech. Though I must admit she looked better last night when I had a few beers... plus a few crown and cokes in me.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2012, 01:41 Paranoid Jack

How you doing?  

News Comments > Of Orcs And Men Website & Trailer
7. Re: Of Orcs And Men Website & Trailer Jul 6, 2012, 22:00 Paranoid Jack

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 20:56:
Looks like garbage to me.

Well, you know what they say? One mans trash is another mans treasure.

I'm thinking it will fall someplace in the middle. Looks both good and bad depending on the screen shot. I'm hoping its a good game since we will get to play as the Orc.

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
17. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 13:26 Paranoid Jack

At least they will have a month or two so they can try and compete...

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

GW2 Launches 08-28-12

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-launch-date

News Comments > Minecraft PvP Mod
5. Re: Minecraft PvP Mod Jul 2, 2012, 22:04 Paranoid Jack

Seems the site is down. By the way where does one go to get Minecraft downloads that don't require the installation of some bloatware downloader and/or spyware? Seems the several sites I tried where full of the shit and won't allow you to just download the mods.  

News Comments > Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World
3. Re: Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World Jul 2, 2012, 21:50 Paranoid Jack

Didn't the same thing happen when they were ready to release Age of Conan?  

1767 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo