Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1719 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
40. Re: Morning Previews Apr 30, 2012, 21:47 Paranoid Jack

I had a blast. After the initial hiccups the game ran great. Well good enough for me. It's not a FPS... yet I understand. People who have bleeding edge hardware still the game has a lot of slowdowns... I know it can be irritating.

I was very happy with what I saw. Not a revolution but an evolution of the genre. I can't remember having this much fun since the days of old playing Asheron's Call and then Dark Age of Camelot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow
14. Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Apr 27, 2012, 23:53 Paranoid Jack

I have to agree the few minutes I was able to play GW2 it did look, feel, and play better than TERA but at least TERA wasn't constantly disconnecting and crashing my controls. I was in GW2 for ten minutes or so turned in my first quest and was disconnected. Tried to log back in but now it crashes or locks up my PC every time... and the only way to exit the game since it breaks the mouse drivers is to shutdown or log off. Did they test this on W7?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 25, 2012, 21:58 Paranoid Jack

Sessler is not the only reason G4 works. But for me he was the main reason G4 worked. I trust some of the other hosts to give a fair review of products/games but Adam was the best at it. I have no doubt that he was a real gamer. Some of the others I'm not too sure of. I'm curious to see who takes his spot. Whoever he is better be good or I can see the ratings falling off for the over eighteen male demographic.

In protest I am going to the DVR now to stop the recording of X-Play.

13. Re: Morning Previews Apr 25, 2012, 01:17 Paranoid Jack

Congrats, I'm still being told my log in failed or that my password is incorrect. Sure glad they didn't e-mail everyone at once. The beta should be over by the time I am able to finally download the client.  

11. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 23:37 Paranoid Jack

too funny...

nin, that is the exact same e-mail I have got.

9. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 22:41 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the info nin, I was going to start looking for forum posts but I can't even log into that.  

7. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 21:50 Paranoid Jack

Been trying for hours to log in to start the GW2 client download and their servers are not working at all or are down. I can log into GW and the accounts are already linked but trying to log into the GW2 website or the download site comes back with a bullshit message telling me my password is incorrect. I updated the password twice and received e-mail confirmation from the same site that is repeatedly telling me my password is incorrect.

Got a feeling this is going to be a very rough launch, beta or not...

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
137. D3 Open Beta Apr 21, 2012, 13:23 Paranoid Jack

D3 is entertaining to a point but also lacking considering it's been in development for damn near twelve years. When I finished my first play through of the Beta I had no great desire to start a new character. I had to ask myself what is missing? For me it's several things.

First the skill trees of D2 added so much more to the growth of your character. Doubt we are going to see that here. Yeah, the ruins were added with their latest scramble to retool the game. Still its not enough. On my last Wizard play through I had dozens of runes yet it didn't add much to the excitement of my character's growth. It just feels like the game has been streamlined.

Second even though this is only Act I the loot drops for the Wizard were horrible. I think I found three items that were different/somewhat better than the items I already had. Everything else was for the other classes and/or repeated drops of the same old stuff over and over again. I know this is all random it just seems less exciting to play when you know 99.9% of what you are picking up is just junk to your character. I quickly got to the point where I'd only pick up the magic items just to sell off in an attempt to level up the Blacksmith. Which brings me to my next point.

Third the Blacksmith... I unlocked him to the second to last level yet he could only make marginally better items than those couple I had already found. I spent thousands and thousands of coin upgrading him and that is all he could make for my class? What a let down. I know its a fine line between balance and better loot but this was just another let down on top of the others.

After playing through with a Wizard twice, a Barbarian once, a Witch Doctor once, and partial with the Monk and Demon Hunter I'm thinking the CE is going up for sale soon after I walk out of GameStop. It saddens me because I loved the first two games and have waited for a decade for this?

News Comments > TERA Open Beta Weekend
3. Re: TERA Open Beta Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 22:43 Paranoid Jack

Did they change the date? I thought it was suppose to kick off this Friday.  

News Comments > TERA Open Beta Weekend
1. Re: TERA Open Beta Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 22:24 Paranoid Jack

Isn't GW2 doing a weekend beta test also?

I need to check this one out too.

News Comments >
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2012, 16:07 Paranoid Jack

A game this good for this cheap should be illegal?  

News Comments > Arma III Animations Trailer
25. Re: Arma III Animations Trailer Apr 8, 2012, 11:50 Paranoid Jack

From the look of it the animations are better but at a minimum they need to have several walk animations. Not just one with two speeds. It shouldn't be that hard (or expensive) to add half a dozen upper body stances. So that not every squad member is walking with the same posture. Several different positions with arms holding guns differently and also several gun types. Maybe that is in there and they just made a bad choice on the video? I must say I'm impressed enough to buy this one after skipping their last one.

Still I just can't believe they are not fixing the command dialog system to be smoother. The talking robot squad mates and robotic commands gets old really quick. I know that real world soldiers speak clearly and slowly often repeating communications but at least their voices don't sound robotic. Just saying...

Also the player movement can get a little stale at times. It feels clunky. I know it varies and depends on the characters load. And before you say anything I've played old school tactical shooters. I own every Rainbow Six and the original Ghost Recon series with all expansions. I enjoy slower more realistic movements. But again smoothing them out to feel better not faster. I don't want it to be a overly fast paced shooter. Maybe it's just the camera that makes it seem clunky but I doubt it I remember that feeling well while playing the first couple games. Even if this studio only was involved with the first release.

And I agree when it comes to tension these games have it. They're not corridor shooters on a small map. You have a huge open game world. I'm in just hope they smooth a couple of the rough edges to make this a AAA title. It looks better and better the more videos I see. Go check out youtube if you haven't already.

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
16. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 11:05 Paranoid Jack

As much as I love Demons Souls and Dark Souls... though I have not finished either... I still need a demo or some hands on time with this port before dropping money on it. The games are both hard and fun as hell but also frustrating at times. If you go into them knowing the game is hard and you are going to die it helps.

Also if you're in a bad mood? Just don't play the game at that time. You'll be more likely to throw your controller or in this case smash your keyboard with your fist.

When I cause my own death I can handle it better than... well, lets say you're on a narrow ledge or on a cliff's edge fighting a creature while you're locked onto it you hit the creature he goes over the edge the lock on turns your character to face it as it falls and you slide off the edge yourself. Well, that can be extremely frustrating. Though that happened more in Demons Souls because of some areas with poor level design choices. Too many narrow walkways on the entry to that swamp level.

1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 3, 2012, 22:39 Paranoid Jack

After playing the Public Beta of Path of Exile I lost even more interest in D3. Not a good sign. Yeah, PoE doesn't break a lot of new ground but it was fun to play.  

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
30. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 14:10 Paranoid Jack

Tumbler wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:46:
I never played this back in the day but I hope this will be an HD update to the older game, that would be fun to play it and see what all the fuss was about.

@Tumbler, here is your chance to check it out for almost no cost....
Not a bad deal for 6 classic games

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2012, 14:17.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
11. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Mar 29, 2012, 23:40 Paranoid Jack

As for the download, it's in the faq, 3rd answer.

Yes, It is now.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
5. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Mar 29, 2012, 01:41 Paranoid Jack

I got the e-mail but there is no code to enter where it says Activate Beta... where do I download the client and how do I get a code need to activate the beta? D'Oh!

edit: Thinking I already jumped the gun and just need to sleep off this tequila. Not to mention wait until tomorrow to download the client.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Public Beta
8. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 25, 2012, 20:23 Paranoid Jack

I thought the camera was decent though at first I didn't think you could rotate until I held down the middle mouse button. No bugs yet just a few typos. Though it did crash to desktop when exiting which isn't much of an issue for me.  

6. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 25, 2012, 14:31 Paranoid Jack

Don't call it a comeback, this game has been in development since turn-based was still a force in the market.

Not sure if it was the desired effect but it made me lol. I think it's been in development somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 years right? Of course it's a hobby or second job for all those involved. Wish they would have had Kick Starter back then. It's been so long ago I can't even remember but some of us offered to pay for the game upfront to help fund the development. Not something Vince wanted to do... which was cool. I'm just glad it's nearing it's retail release. Shouldn't be more than another couple years.

1. Re: Age of Decadence Public Beta Mar 25, 2012, 10:34 Paranoid Jack

SWEET! .... finally here?  

1719 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo