Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1820 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2015, 01:20 Paranoid Jack

Axis wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 16:44:
Like the Senator who never ran a business now presides over the largest business in the world...

Hey! That is not fair... he was a community organizer... that has to count for something! Right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2015, 23:36 Paranoid Jack

First off thank you, xXBatmanXx, for your service. Although not in my community or even my state you are still serving. That is more than most of the general public in this Age of Entitlement. We all need to thank those who server more often, so thanks.

/rant on/
Every time I read comments like Cutter's I'm glad I turned down my chance to be a CHP. I know any position policing the street is far from easy. In todays society the police are automatically guilty until proven innocent. Even after being proven innocent by actual evidence in a court of law... millions will continue to believe the sound-bite that was a full on lie and will still call for the cops head on a spike for months if not years after proven innocent. Those same people screaming racism refused to see how hypocritical they are. I'm sick of the race card being the first or second card played every damn time somebody doesn't get their way. Can't win an argument play the card.

Crazy sad is when a person who attacks a police officer after trying to take his firearm then ends up shot is somehow now the victim in America. Even before that I've heard cops saying for years over and over again that we have lost control. It is true... and not just for the police. Our entire society.

My job requires me to pack a lunch or stop someplace to eat between jobs. People will see you sitting some place eating your lunch and automatically get their back up. Come to your window and confront you. Try to report you to the business office of the company you work for. Call the police and report you as a suspicious person in the neighborhood. Video tape you. Take pictures of you sitting in your fucking work truck eating your damn lunch. Why? Because they are fucking nuts. All of those things and worse have happen to me and I am just a tech working with a company logo on my vehicle. Don't even get me started on the drivers trying to get into an accident because they don't see a logo on the door they see dollar signs.

Now imagine being a cop working a beat wearing a uniform. Every crazy ass moron with something to prove is out to challenge you. And the media knows these incidents sell so they love them. What everyone forgets is there are thousands of police incidents daily that go down right. Thousands of nasty individuals are taken down or off the streets weekly... nobody complaining when the police are putting themselves in harms way to do that. So a crazy confronts authority and gets tazed or shot and the last few seconds of it are aired dozens of times. We can't see the minutes up to the shooting we just see the couple of seconds that sell. And then some fame junky wants their ten seconds of fame and lies about what they saw. Or declares it was racism or a hate crime. Next you have everybody and their brother showing up to join in. Making statements to the press and stirring the pot when they don't know jack shit about it except the lies recorded on the street from a supposed eyewitness that later testifies in court they didn't see anything... that they were just repeating what they had heard. But before we get to that point we have more innocent people being hurt and killed on the streets where millions of dollars of damage are done by people who traveled halfway across the country just to riot. Death threats to the officer(s) involved. Trial by media. Civil rights groups calling for blood. And somehow they are better than the person they are accusing and helping the public/media to find guilty before the evidence is even looked at?

Doesn't that shit sound a little bit like the Salem witch hunts?
/rant off/

I know there are bad cops. No doubt about it. I too see some of these videos and ask why didn't they use non lethal force? Still automatically stereotyping every police officer as a thug is just crazy talk. Sorry, my Irish Canadian Coffee got me on a roll....

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
24. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 22:46 Paranoid Jack

Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:54:
As much as people bitch about quests with time limits I always found it absurd that I could go off and do whatever I want for as long as I want and come pack to said quest and pick up like it was frozen in time just for me. I always find that jarring. I'd love to come back and see the townsfolk say, 'Oh you blew it, man. Some other adventurers came through, saved our bacon and got the reward so we don't need you anymore.' Or the town got wiped out or what have you.

That just stirred a dead memory... what game was it a few years back that claimed to have this mechanic? The Dev touted that if you didn't do a quest within a certain time frame one of the competing in-game NPC adventures would/could possibly do the quest while you were off doing whatever else. I can't for the life of me remember which RPG it was but I remember the claims. For some reason I want to say it was Peter Molyneux concerning one of the Fable games but I can't be sure.

It would be a step in the right direct and help to create a more immersive game world. Knowing that time was not on your side. Knowing that other unknown evens are happening that are changing the game world and you are not there to participate. Imagine the amount of content that would be necessary. It would be several times greater than current games being designed. But it would really add to the replay value if you enjoy the game enough to try a different path each time.

As far as the W3 goes I am trying to remain grounded by not taking too many hits from the hype-pipe. It looks good and I want it to be great but I am also worried. I just need that combat to be at it's best if I am going to play through it from start to finish. I played Act I of the original two times before restarting the game and playing all the way through to the end. And as soon as I finished I wanted to restart another play through but got distracted by another game. I loved the fact that the combat was different for each of the difficulty settings. The W2... I have yet to finish. I love it but keep getting pulled away part way into Act II. Three times now I have started from the beginning just to be derailed by another games release.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2015, 01:29.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 1, 2015, 22:53 Paranoid Jack

Acleacius wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:40:
Anyone know if there any PvE only servers in H1Z1, i.e. no pvp kills? Just wondering dayz made the same mistake.

Yes, you can play PvE servers only where there is no damage from other players. I even stepped in front of a jeep to test this out. Took no damage. Great way to learn the game and just explore but the zombies need to be tweaked for this mode. Too easy to kill. Maybe they need to make herds of them for PvE servers? Be careful of the brown bears because they will/can kill you with a couple hits. Funny thing is the last time I played I had a bear that was warping all over. I was out running him and I looked back to see it was a hundred yards behind me so I figured I could go into the house and close the door trying to shake him. He came in the side door as I went in the other door. It hit me twice more and I was dead. How the Hell did he get there so fast? Must have been some of that internet magic.

So remember it is early access or alpha. Still very fun in small doses.

There are also different rules for the PvP servers. Some you lose all crafting recipes when you die, some are first person only, and some are head shots only. Or a combination of those. Personally I would like to see them take the options even farther. Hopefully they will.

News Comments > DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer
12. Re: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer Feb 28, 2015, 21:11 Paranoid Jack

Alamar wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 19:02:
Lastly... Sins is being sold as a separate game for PC... I big fuck you, as it's adding a slight bit of extra content, but a better graphics engine, and the two versions can't play together... I also agree DS2 is not a pretty game (very grainy textures), and while it has an updated engine, it still looks asstastic in the video...

I'm holding onto a small bit of hope that they will change this at the last moment and charge twenty or thirty to upgrade. Not that we should have to pay anything if we already own the DLC. If not it won't be selling well since Bloodbourne may be the replacement game we are looking for... at least on the PS4.

11. Re: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer Feb 28, 2015, 21:07 Paranoid Jack

mag wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 16:03:

My personal opinion (and this is with 500 hours in DS1 and maybe 150-200 in DS2) is that DS2's controls feel broken, sluggish, unresponsive, and floaty in comparison to DS1's.

The basics are identical, though, so if you didn't like the control scheme at all you're definitely not going to like it.

I agree the controls on the PC are loose compared to the PS3. I wonder if it is a net code issue. On the PS3 the movements are much more crisp. On the PC I notice a lot of lag when I get invaded but only occasionly. Same with joining to help another player. At times the game feels out of sync. Like it is speeding up and slowing down.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2015, 21:13.

5. Re: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer Feb 28, 2015, 12:17 Paranoid Jack

Redmask wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 11:14:
Dagnamit wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 10:49:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 20:00:
Other than the six or more months of beta testing and the first six months of WoW just after release... no other game has given me so many hours of enjoyment. Between the PS3 and the PC version I must have between five and six hundred hours of play. And I almost hate myself for it but I'm even thinking about buying the PS4 version just because I love the game so much.

I just hope that Bloodbourne is as good as the previous three Souls games. If so I am thinking about reducing my purchases for the remainder of this year. I've bought so many games on Steam which mostly go unplayed after I sample them and quickly get bored with them. After you've played a game with this type of atmosphere and tension it is hard to find other games that can compete with it.

I'm just waiting to hear something concrete about the PS4 and PC releases. I would hope they would offer a cheap PS4 upgrade if you insert your PS3 disc and a free upgrade if you already own it and the DLC on the PC. So far I'm not hearing what I want to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cg3vnui8OyQ

To rip-off another internet poster, I will say that I bounced off the first Dark Souls so hard it left a me shaped hole in the wall behind my computer chair. I've tried to play it half a dozen times and found myself flinging the controller aside in a rage. The controls just feel broken to me.

I really want to like these games, because I LIKE bashing my head against difficulty and atmosphere is my serious jam. Is Dark Souls II any less... broken feeling or am I going to hate it as much as the first one?

The games just click with you one day, I had the same experience. I could not get into Dark Souls at all, hated it. Then one day I gave it another chance, I was in some area fighting a monster, I got invaded by some other guy and I managed to kill them both. At the end I was totally pumped up and took on the boss shortly afterward. It's a game of peaks and valleys. Much like a spirited relationship its equal parts love and hate

When Demon's Souls hit the market I saw/heard so much negativity about it being too hard core that I didn't buy it until almost six months later. I loved it. I pre-ordered Dark Souls and got the limited edition tin box but due to real-life did not pick up my copy until the second day after release... I had to so that they wouldn't sell it to another customer. When I went in there was already a much younger gamer (early to mid twenties) trading in his copy because he couldn't get into it. He told us he hated the difficulty and dying all the time.

When you play any of the Souls games you have to remember that dying is just part of the game. Even necessary in the first one and plays a part in the multiplayer aspect in all three. As far as the difficulty goes it is hard but fair. Every time that you die you should be learning something from the encounter. Though it is a game and sometimes bugs or glitches will be the root cause of your demise.

Here are some of the differences if you played Dark Souls. These guys give you everything you'll need to know to figure out the combat which in my opinion is some of the best in this genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDrTngtGL0

Here is another for the PC version which I highly recommend you use a controller with. Although I hate the XBone controller that is what I use now. Though you can download a small program that will allow the use of either the PS3 or PS4 controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBXcIM-SvJw

One final edit... like all Japanese games you have to learn the patterns to know when is the best time to attack. Each enemy has several types of attacks as a minimum. I don't even parry or guard break and I am able to hold my own. Just practice your attacks in a low level area. Also the game has so many weapon types and items that there are ways to buff your character to best suit your style. And if you hate losing souls just use the ring of life protection as soon as you find it. That way if you die you aren't really set back at all since you don't lose your souls, you will remain human saving yourself an effigy, and it only costs three thousand souls to repair at the smith. There are so many layers to this game that I can't even scratch the surface here. Best to just Google it if you have any questions while playing though figuring it out for yourself is part of the fun. Hope this helped in some way.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2015, 12:41.

1. Re: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer Feb 27, 2015, 20:00 Paranoid Jack

Other than the six or more months of beta testing and the first six months of WoW just after release... no other game has given me so many hours of enjoyment. Between the PS3 and the PC version I must have between five and six hundred hours of play. And I almost hate myself for it but I'm even thinking about buying the PS4 version just because I love the game so much.

I just hope that Bloodbourne is as good as the previous three Souls games. If so I am thinking about reducing my purchases for the remainder of this year. I've bought so many games on Steam which mostly go unplayed after I sample them and quickly get bored with them. After you've played a game with this type of atmosphere and tension it is hard to find other games that can compete with it.

I'm just waiting to hear something concrete about the PS4 and PC releases. I would hope they would offer a cheap PS4 upgrade if you insert your PS3 disc and a free upgrade if you already own it and the DLC on the PC. So far I'm not hearing what I want to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cg3vnui8OyQ

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2015, 20:41.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 12:34 Paranoid Jack

Efflixi wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 09:39:
Saw this dress on Reddit. Turns out, the dress is literally blue/black and the photo is severely overexposed and color shifted. I personally see it as bluish-white/gold in the original photo but the links below provide more info:

Actual colors in original photo: http://i.imgur.com/RsvSM5N.jpg
Actual dress in normal colors: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roman-Womens-Detail-Bodycon-Dress/dp/B00SJEUCWU

I too see the first photo as white and gold... what worries me is that I new it was of Roman styling.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
75. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 21:21 Paranoid Jack

JediPunisher wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:54:
Gas Bandit wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:08:
Squeal like a pig, you shits. Competition. YES. Sew those nipple-flaps in your shirts up, because the gravy train is DERAILED.

Ok, exactly how is that going to work? ISPs will now be treated like utilities... Not a lot of competition there. The idea is that every household has water, gas, and electric, so every household should have access to broadband.

One of the many problems with net neutrality is that ISPs such as Comcast invest tons of money for infrastructure into the regions that will produce that best bang for their buck... So, they might lay fiber optic cable in a middle class neighborhood, school or business district long before less affluent or less populous areas. That will all change, as ISPs have to bring those areas up to par... which will take years and cost a fortune, which will be passed along to us. Not to mention that the QoS for the rest of us will suck as ISPs try to save money by overloading their server nodes as they spread their existing bandwidth around.

They have all spent billions to grow the infrastructures but the returns are well worth it. They make billions in profit quarterly. So yes, they invest money but like the old saying goes, 'You Have To Spend Money To Make Money', right? What most people are forgetting is that the local providers were given money for more decades than they weren't in the form of our tax dollars and tax breaks so that they could build the infrastructure that they currently have. Not until the last decade or so have they refused government money.

As far as them only building in lucrative areas... what do you think they have been doing all along? The agreements they made with the government ten to fifteen years back are the only reason we have what internet we have in rural America. After those agreements ran out and they ran all the small ISPs into the ground the price has done nothing but rise. And they have done nothing to continue building their networks to those rural areas.

I pay almost as much now for the same service as I did four years ago. So that is great you say? WTF am I talking about? I now get 50% off as an employee concession. When I signed up I was only get 25% off. So my TV/Internet fees have almost doubled in the last four years. Have my speeds? Hell, no! In fact I can't even consistently stream YouTube on the lowest settings on a 12mbps connection to my PC. Why? Because Google/YouTube is refusing to pay for the fast lane. So I get a notice on the bottom of the failed to stream video and if I follow the link it tells me how shitty my provider is and that I should switch to the competition. What is funny is that same connection plugged into my smart TV streams anything and everything just fine including YouTube. That is what these rules are about... stopping these greed fuckers from all the shit they have been up to for the past decade.

Oh, those existing regulations which they have been trying for years to over-turn are the only reason rural areas still have services period. If those rules which the providers agreed to with open arms while taking billions in government hand outs were to be abolished everyone outside of a lucrative area would be shut down after receiving a sixty or ninety day notice letter. The letter will tell them how they'll be happy to provide you with another of the more expensive services they provide like spotty to no cell phone coverage.

I'm never in favor of more or bigger government but this is not that. These are simply rules and regulations to curb the rampant rape of the customer and internet based services in general. Why should I pay high prices for shitty internet service and be refused access to a stream/service because the provider of that service refuses to pay for fast lane access via the same ISP I've already paid?

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2015, 21:47.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2015, 03:35 Paranoid Jack

jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 01:57:
@ Jack.
Can I ask a question? Why are you still there? You seem an articulate intelligent person. I'm sure you could get another job if you wanted.

Sent you an e-mail so as not to air anymore of my dirty laundry.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards
7. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 01:27 Paranoid Jack

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 01:21:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 00:20:
Dude, did you read your comment? Two words are off? Or is that another language mixed in with your English?

Are the kids saying hay now instead of the? And day instead of dollars?

If are find it unpossible to type, for are you GRAMMAR NAZI!

LoL, you should have corrected me for using too many question marks.

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2015, 01:18 Paranoid Jack

Several good points brought up here. All sad but true. I've been working for the Evil Empire for eighteen years now. Nothing has improved since they bought the company that hired me. Customer service is at an all time low because most reps are contractors and/or low paid temp employees that have nothing to lose. Not to mention with call centers all over the world there are no repercussions. Hell, they have no tracking of calls. Have you ever called in with an issue that was never resolved just to call back in and be told by the rep that there is no record of your previous calls/issues? I see this first hand almost daily. It has happened to me repeatedly with the company I work for. So if they treat the employee customer like shit what do you think happens with the customer with no link to the company?

Add to that the piss poor management (from the top down) treating employees/customers like shit... well, nothing will get any better until the customers have a better option. At this point there are no options. You pick what you consider the lesser of the evils. It sucks but what else can you do? And they know that. For example the internet, you leave provider A for provider B? So what... they know you will most likely be back when the promo with provider B runs out and you get hit with the regular priced bill. Corporate America is a barrel of rotten apples. It started out with just the one... but it spread quickly.

5. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 00:20 Paranoid Jack

Dude, did you read your comment? Two words are off? Or is that another language mixed in with your English?

Are the kids saying hay now instead of the? And day instead of dollars?

2. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 19, 2015, 23:38 Paranoid Jack

Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:20:
So, when we see someone riding this thing in game we can all go, hey look at hay loser who paid over 300 day for a Tiger mount.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am?

I've posted numerous buzzed comments here but you my friend have taken the cake!

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 14:18 Paranoid Jack

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:45:
So how long is this age of "post-apocalyptic zombie survival crafting games" going to last? The Worth a Buy on H1Z1 showed me enough to stay a mile away, at least for now.

Yep, just like nin said. Like the FPS any zombie/apocalyptic/survivor game that has tension and gets your adrenaline going will sell. You and I may not always like that fact but I understand it. I was just playing some H1Z1. I got killed after taking out a shotgun toting survivor his friend came running to the rescue and got a well placed head shot. The game is fun. Better than DayZ the Mod and glad to see DayZ SA drop off the list again. I am hoping to revisit it when/if they drop the price or have a sale on it. Not likely since it has been in beta/early access for years and has not once gone on sale.

Mack is entertaining but his revisit of H1Z1 is a bit off. But like he says he is simply stating his opinion of it being "worth-a-buy" not reviewing it. Just hold off and it will be free to play soon enough. Still feel I have gotten my moneys worth plus some. More than I can say for a few of the recent AAA titles I've purchased at full price.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 13:07 Paranoid Jack

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:33:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZupxUXJWl8

Unfortunately Mack is not 100% accurate with some of what he is saying in that revisited worth a buy. A lot of what he is talking about is server side settings. So there are several server types you can play on. By launch I'm thinking there will be ten times more. Don't like the hunger/thirst ratio join a server with it tuned down. He is right the game in PvP is mostly deathmatch.

I like the game so far. Don't care for the airdrop system for all the reasons (plus more) that he goes into. But the game is far beyond DayZ the Mod. I may retry DayZ SA but not at full price ($35).

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2015, 13:16.

News Comments > H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe
5. Re: H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe Feb 5, 2015, 21:50 Paranoid Jack

I love Mack's reviews too but IMO he is only around 50/50... going by the games I have played that he has slammed. I still enjoy his rants but most of the games he plays/reviews I wouldn't be interested in. So just like Angry Joe you have to remember he is trying to entertain and gain viewers as much as he is trying to be honest and unbiased.

In small doses H1N1 can be more fun than DayZ the Mod and just as good if not better than most of the survival genre. But just like every other game is being ruined by hackers. Unless you are grouping (which is not easy to do) and/or one of you has a vehicle and survives the hostile encounters it is a nightmare to regroup. For twenty bucks it was worth it to me. If you can wait for the release it will be more than worth it... since it is free.

After somebody here commented on it I took another look at DayZ the Mod. I tried it and was immediately turned off since it has not changed much from what I remembered. So then I looked at DayZ SA and was not willing to purchase it for thirty... today I noticed it has increased to thirty five? For the years it has been in beta I don't remember it once going on sale and now they have increased the price?

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2015, 07:02 Paranoid Jack

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 03:12:
Makes perfect sense for a country that wants total control over its citizens.

Here in the USA we don't have to do that, because the government already knows everything we're doing, and keeps records going back a decade. Thanks NSA!

I think they keep those files indefinitely. There is a site you can input your name along with a few details and it will give you a list of every address you've ever lived at (rental agreement or mortgage) in the USA... plus the other occupants of the address. I'm fifty this year. Last time I checked it still had my records dating back to my parents house. That's three decades back. Only locations not listed were military installations. Those must be kept elsewhere.

Armengar wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 05:29:
most sites want you to use real names. I have never used my real name for ANY website. Even my email address isn't *my* real name but good enough to look like one!

Unless you have your ISP account under somebody else's name or an alias... they don't need your real name. They already have it. And unless you purchased the devices your accessing the Internet with second hand or via cash it/they are linked to your credit card/real name.

So many people think the Internet grants anonymity but it really doesn't. Nothing wrong with reducing your risk but then again unless you're doing something illegal I see no reason to worry.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2015, 07:18.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2015, 23:01 Paranoid Jack

Best game Super Bowl or otherwise I have seen in decades. The last few minutes were priceless.  

1820 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo