Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1848 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
36. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 19:53 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on May 21, 2015, 15:12:
or simply lock on a target and um... strafe...

Yeah, had to chuckle a bit with that I admit. I can understand his preference is to actually strafe with a button but it is more like a Souls game (or Bloodborne) where lock on provides the central point of your dodge or roll. Love the combat of the Witcher 3.

Simply put I am blown away with the Witcher 3. For me it is the front runner for RPG of the Year by a long shot. So good it dwarfs the competition IMO. Other than Bloodborne, just recently, I have not had this much fun with any game or any RPG for years. And I loved Dark Souls 2 like a madman on the PC/PS3/PS4.

I have the game on the PS4 and the PC. I went with the PS4 for my first play through just because it looks almost as good... and it runs smooth as can be for me. Though I am having no issues with the PC version either at this point. I have the digital versions from PSN and GoG. With the season pass on the PS4, the PC version, and the other bonuses it cost me about $115 to buy two copies of the game. More than happy to pay that and I figured there was no better way to support CDPR than to do it that way. From Software and CDPR are my favorite developers for good reason.

I hope you all are enjoying it as much as I am. I've been one happy gamer for the last several months. I played Bloodborne through three times non-stop. It got so bad my fingers were sore from the sticks and my right hand was swollen up from repetitive stress on the tendons on the back of my hand. Still I loved every minute of it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
37. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 12, 2015, 22:28 Paranoid Jack

Squirmer wrote on May 6, 2015, 22:24:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:09:
I bought it from GoG about a year ago at a healthy discount. Wish I had the Steam version for the easy mod support but I'll be ok without workshop I'm sure. I just assumed it was going to be a Steam key at the time of purchased. I had no idea then that they were moving away from Steam keys.
What do you mean "moving away from"? When did GOG ever do Steam keys?

Like GMG, I had never bought a new game from GoG that wasn't a Steam key. I'd rather have a steam key. Maybe its because I just hadn't bought that many games from GoG. At that point (about a year ago when I bought the W3 on GoG) I had no idea that GoG would be trying to go the way of Steam.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2015, 22:45.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
2. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 6, 2015, 21:09 Paranoid Jack

I bought it from GoG about a year ago at a healthy discount. Wish I had the Steam version for the easy mod support but I'll be ok without workshop I'm sure. I just assumed it was going to be a Steam key at the time of purchased. I had no idea then that they were moving away from Steam keys. I doubt I will miss the mods since CDPR have already stated you get a large quantity of free mods with the game and then the paid mods/add-ons will come later.

Very much looking forward to the W3. Hope I can complete Bloodborne a third time before it arrives.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Broken Age
8. Re: Ship Ahoy - Broken Age Apr 28, 2015, 22:09 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 15:10:
I use to be a single guy with no future. But then I found Carmex™. Carmex™ has helped me kiss ass and suck cock with the best of them! Now I'm on my way to the future I deserve, and best of all, NO CHAFFING!

Thank you Carmex™!

*Carmex™ is not responsible for sore knees, back problems, or stiff necks. Carmex™ is not approved for being fucked over, and may cause anal swelling.

Now available in Cherry!

Thanks, between that joke and Blue's snot joke I atleast had a couple good laughs on another otherwise bad night.

edit: The follow up went a bit far but thanks none the less.

News Comments > Ultima 8 Free on Origin
4. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 28, 2015, 22:01 Paranoid Jack

You know what's sad? The only time I log into Origin anymore is to get my free game... then I never return until I see another of these posts here on Blue's. Am I a bad person?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video Apr 13, 2015, 21:02 Paranoid Jack

WoW the graphics are better than I thought they could be. And that is at 1080? Sweet!  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin
10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 4, 2015, 17:43 Paranoid Jack

garrywong wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 19:00:
Wait, so the enhanced graphics one doesn't give you all the DLC with it?

If you buy the game, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, you are getting everything. All three DLCs, check. 64-bit version, check. Upgrade graphics, check. New NPCs/All Other Extras, check. Harder game with more enemies, check. Great game, check. Amazing multiplayer, check. So yeah, unless you have the PS4 and buy Bloodborne this is the best Souls type game out there for the PC. With the amount of hours this game has entertained me on the PS3 and the PC I have no problem spending a bit of money to upgrade it. I am fine with that. I just don't have the time since Bloodborne is by far the best of the Souls series at this point. Maybe DS2:SotFS will change my mind but I doubt it. Still it is a badass game and worth every penny. Hell, I am buying it a third time on the PS4 because I want to compare the graphics and the experience so that I can focus on the better of the two when I am ready to give Bloodborne a cooling off period. Peace...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Apr 2, 2015, 13:20 Paranoid Jack

On my end in Cali since I own the base game plus the three DLC pack I see the full game price $50 and the upgrade price for those like me who already own the game with all DLC. It shows a price of $30 but is crossed off and says 33% off $20 is my cost to upgrade. I will but not now, Bloodborne has me hooked.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
36. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 17:13 Paranoid Jack

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 13:18:
Reviews have been stellar, can't wait to dig into it. Gonna be impossible playing this and Bloodborne at the same time but I'll manage!

I'm into Bloodborne far too much at the moment. Cant wait to get home to boot it up. Three day weekend too. Sweet! Pillars is on my radar though. Don't want to get hooked on two at once. When I feel a little tired of Bloodborne's over the top action I can try something else for a bit. But not sure how many weeks from now that will be. Bloodborne is the best souls-like game yet. I was hoping for good... stellar will work.

Glad to hear such glowing impressions of Pillars. Way to go Obsidian!

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2015, 17:19.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
22. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2015, 02:25 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 02:07:
hoooo boy these reviews sure are positive...

My first impression is very good. Trying to learn the new combat system and having a blast. I was afraid I would not like the setting from the dark videos that I had seen of the opening area but I was wrong... its very immersive. The combat is tough and much faster than the previous games. I went with the large axe. You get to chose from three weapons and two guns. Have mostly been using it two handed for some devastating power attacks. I can one or two shot a lot of enemies with it.

Very different movement feel to it. The player character makes quick back steps or circle strafes if locked on. That is what I am trying to get use to now. Haven't even figured out how to fire the pistol yet.

Edit: Wish I had time to ramble on about how awesome this game is but I want to get back to it. I've only played four or so hours. Mostly just exploring and getting a good feel for the control differences. Must have used eight or more blood vials by mistake trying to go two handed and hitting the old triangle button, it's L1 now.

They have taken the souls experience to new heights with the atmosphere and setting... so far much better than the past three. More interactions which draw you in. Hidden paths, traps, death around every corner. The aggressive combat style is a blast. Knowing you can regain or even top off your health if you strike back after being hit just makes the finish blows that much better. Want to try several different starter kits to see how the other start weapons play but I am having so much fun finding the different parts/hidden paths of the start section and learning the creature attack patterns.

One thing I can't figure out and it may be bugged is when I interact with a bloodstain to see a specter nothing happens. A short animation plays to show the tombstone coming out of the ground but I see no shade/specter and his last few moments of life. Also no invasions yet but I am still early on. Haven't even found the second lamp/bonefire. Having a blast. IMO there are no better combat controls for hack-n-slash games than the souls games.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2015, 15:13.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
29. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 23:56 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 23:22:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:46:
I stopped playing a week after release and have not bothered with it since. Please, somebody tell me this has since then been address or fixed... since the only thing that matters to me is the combat. Have they fixed the mess that is the tactical combat option for the PC version? Or do party members still teleport to you after you set them up and tell the ranged fighters to stay clear?

Nothing destroys the fun of a battle with a huge dragon more than arranging your team from the tactical over-head and then when switching to the fighter who is up close and personal you find your entire party has stupidly warped or teleported to your side just to be stomped to the ground by the dragon you just told them to attack at a distance. How the fuck that made it through play testing... I would really like to know? Needless to say that is the very last game that I will buy from Biowares on release day. From DA:I on I will demo their games or I will not purchase them. Tired of the BS and the reviewers not a one mentioning this issue. Not even Anger Fuckin' Joe.

Edit: Ah, isn't that convenient they patch just before releasing a new DLC. So very special.

? They stay at ranged for me, but Dragons do have a special attack that draws everyone into melee range, and they use it OFTEN.

That said, if you as the main character run too far away from the dragon itself, it seems you trip some sort of "OHMUHGERD RUN!" mode that makes all party members return to you. It's happened to me a few times, but really only if I go quite a ways away from the Dragon.

I wind up having to reset my party members maybe 3 or 4 times per Dragon fight or so, so it's not too bad, I feel. It'd be kinda boring if you set them once and then you just watch the Dragon's health bar go down for ten minutes, too.

I wouldn't bitch except they touted the tactical combat feature when it was really a lie

Mike Laidlaw does nothing BUT lie. I think he's trying to become the next Peter Molyeneneneuuxuxuxx. "Dragon Age Inquisition is a PC Game made by PC Gamers!"

I mean, I still really enjoy the game, but it's NOT a fucking PC game.

Yeah, I remember the Dragon having some type of ability to pull you toward it if you were within its range. But the party members teleporting or rubber banding toward the character you enter while exiting the tactical over-head happens no matter where/what you are fighting. I don't remember it being there 100% of the time but it happened enough to ruin the games combat for me. If you can't control them enough to make them stay in place there is no tactical period. The way they sold it with the preview/demo videos made it seem like it was a return to what Origins had as far as tactical combat or at the very least a huge step in that direction. In reality it wasn't close. Not IMO.

Lesson learned, again... thanks Biowares.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 23:17 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 23:09:
Plus is required for all multiplayer on PS4 AFAIK

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Though I did play some DS2 on the PS3 a month or so back and I was able to join other players and had far too many invaders... all without a Plus account.

I might just have to go into the breakfast with redeyes and a dog tired look. Booting up the old PS4 now.

edit: Damn, I hadn't looked at my PS Rewards account for a while. Just realized there was free money waiting in it. I could be playing right now. It unlocked twenty five minutes ago. Any first impressions? I should have it in a half hour or so now that I have more than 50mbps... of course that depends on the PSN.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2015, 00:27.

25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 23:13 Paranoid Jack

Redmask wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 22:58:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:54:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 21:46:
I stopped playing a week after release and have not bothered with it since. Please, somebody tell me this has since then been address or fixed... since the only thing that matters to me is the combat. Have they fixed the mess that is the tactical combat option for the PC version? Or do party members still teleport to you after you set them up and tell the ranged fighters to stay clear?

Nothing destroys the fun of a battle with a huge dragon more than arranging your team from the tactical over-head and then when switching to the fighter who is up close and personal you find your entire party has stupidly warped or teleported to your side just to be stomped to the ground by the dragon you just told them to attack at a distance. How the fuck that made it through play testing... I would really like to know? Needless to say that is the very last game that I will buy from Biowares on release day. From DA:I on I will demo their games or I will not purchase them. Tired of the BS and the reviewers not a one mentioning this issue. Not even Anger Fuckin' Joe.

Edit: Ah, isn't that convenient they patch just before releasing a new DLC. So very special.

Hold Position? Maybe try that option? Bad player is bad. lol...

Your post seems much shittier than his. Your party members get teleported to you automatically based on distance from the current party leader regardless of your hold position command. The way hold position is implemented (the tactical cam in general really) is also not terribly optimal and the party AI itself is atrocious. Ranged characters needlessly moving into engagement ranges that don't favor them, melee characters moving monsters around for no reason, poor use of abilities and shit like that. The removal of customization of party AI is to blame here, a previous strength of the franchise turned into a weakness.

Dragon Age Inquisition isn't a horrible game but its combat isn't exactly its best quality.

Ah, thanks? I guess. But yeah, Dirwulf... did you read the post? Go back to the green highlights. Use of Hold doesn't work unless everyone is within a close proximity of the character you take control of when you leave the tactical overhead. I wouldn't bitch except they touted the tactical combat feature when it was really a lie... just a half ass attempt from what I experienced.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 22:10 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 17:15:
Firmly waiting and seeing on this one as it has every indication of being too Souls-y. I'm sure most people don't have a problem with that, but after three games I'd have liked to see some iterative improvements.

Have you been watching the same videos as me? The game has a lot of tweaks to the old Souls mechanics. I've seen/read a dozen or more and I've been doing all I can to avoid too much exposure to the hype and reviewers. I'm worried I'm not going to like the faster paced combat and the setting. Since I love the old games I figured this can't be that far off so I will be there as the doors open to get my copy. If I didn't have a company breakfast to attend I would probably pre-order and pre-install at this very moment.

Either way anyone planning on playing tomorrow and wanting some help/willing to help... please, add me to your friends list, thanks. From what I heard six total players. Not sure if that is correct. I assume two are attackers and four are co-op friendly fighters. I use the same name on the PSN. From what I have heard when you pull in a shade to help you you're also pulling in one to kill you. And you can set a passcode so that only friends can join, no random players joining your game except the attackers. Has anyone seen/read if a Plus account is required?

22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 21:46 Paranoid Jack

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2015, 21:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 01:30 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 16:17:
Already been grilling for about a week now, and went over to a buddy today for some burgers for lunch. <3 grilling season! 70 degrees today! Thumbsup

Yeah, I hope they're wrong but they are calling for 90+ here on Friday, already?

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak
11. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 20:39 Paranoid Jack

"I hated Vegas, but this looks pretty crappy too. Bring on the return to the older games..."

There fixed that for you, your welcome.

At first I got excited to see the old less than stellar graphics thinking the gameplay would more than make up for it but the video looks bad and plays badly. Rough, alpha, yeah, we know. Sad, them trying to pull in us old school gamers with the use of those team names. I realize that the twitch gamer majority would not go for old school Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six style of game play. And I will admit that the original Ghost Recon and it's add-ons were great in their own ways... the PC games, not the console shite they went onto make. Lastly, I loved Raven Shield even though they were already taking the gameplay into the current mess that it has become. That said I have no faith in this being much fun for more than a few dozen hours of twitch adrenaline rush combat while sipping on whiskey. But for serious game play? I just don't see it... our last hope is The Division?

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
56. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 23:18 Paranoid Jack

None of this is bad news to me. Nothing I've seen has me worried. As long as the combat is engaging the game will be worth it. I play both PC and console games. And I still prefer the old PS3 dual shock over any other controller. Though playing DS2 with the XBone control on the PC is still very much fun. Some games just play better on one set-up versus the other. Some games play fine on both. We shall see. I bought it from GoG six or more months ago. So I hope we will be able to play it at 9 pm the night before official release. That way we can give the skeptics our first impressions.

The Witcher 3 has become my most anticipated game at this point since I'm not sure Bloodbourne is going to be to my liking. Though I hope I am wrong. Still I look forward to exploring the huge open world of W3. My main problem is that I always abandon the main storyline/quest to go off on my own. And have far more fun doing that... at least in the Elder Scrolls games that has always been the case.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
23. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 16:28 Paranoid Jack

Sweet, just took off the 24th for Bloodbourne and already have the 27th through the 29th as a scheduled three day weekend. So unless somebody declares a state of emergency it's going to be a great week and a better weekend playing games.

I got the collectors boxed version with the first add-on and I'm happy to have helped. As was the case with Bloodbourne... I have gone out of my way not to follow this too closely. I spent a couple hours beta testing and then put the blinders on.

To be honest I cut back drastically on my kickstarter funding. And so far my biggest regret is Shroud of the Avatar. I don't even want to talk about how disappointed that development has gone... at least for me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 19:57 Paranoid Jack

As far as that coach goes he needs to have a serous talk with that girl and her parents. She would be dead or paralyzed two times over just in that one meet. She needs to face reality before she ends up in a wheel chair or worse.

That tsunami was some scary shit and this video again shows the power of that surge. Sad so many people were caught off guard and perished.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2015, 01:30.

1848 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo