Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1767 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Stryder Trailer
10. Re: Titanfall Stryder Trailer Dec 21, 2013, 23:19 Paranoid Jack

Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 21:23:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 21:13:
I guess I'm the only one that thinks this looks like it's going to be great. I'm excited to play something that's not from DICE and isn't CoD.

I'm with you.

Me too.

I think Titanfall looks like the best mech game in quite a while though Hawken looked good too. I still can't believe they went free-to-play with it. Downloading it now to give it a try. Though I've read a few people complaining and saying its too much like pay-to-win.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
32. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 12:24 Paranoid Jack

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 20:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 18:00:
Enh no good sales yet on any of my wishlist stuff anywhere. Meh bleh.
Saw this message:
Many many many people have bough this game and cannot get it to sync to steam. We have followed all the advice of the helpful other posters - to no avail - you cannot log into the game. Whether this problem is striking all players are just a fair number is not known. This is a real Buyer beware at this point. Even if you jump through all the hoops and the nether site itself tells you that you are linked to steam - you still may not be able to log in. Hopefully this is resolved - but for the time being you could be joining a growing number of people who have paid money but can't log into the game.

Consider this before buying during this sale.

To sync your account with Steam from the Nether website pop up at the top you with see your User Name and Log Out under that? Click your User Name and enter the info if it's not already filled in and click Sync with Steam or whatever it was button. Just follow a few easy instructions and you're in. Took me a while to figure it out. Think they must have made a change to the website or something because there is no Account button on that main page. And the account button on the support page doesn't take you to your account.

Either way it looks better than the WarZ/Infestation crap. And probably better than DayZ also. But the real gem will be The Division. That one looks to be the best survival game coming in the near future.

Edit: Damn it all to Hell. I wish I would have read the entire thread and watched twice as many videos from YouTube. I watched several Lets Play type videos but none of them really touched on the problems. Also I hadn't seen WarZ (what is now Infestation) in so long I forgot what the interface looked like. Either way Steam better give me a refund. I think it is total bullshit that they themselves are not policing this type of behavior. This is just a reskinned game. That Worth A Buy? video nails it. Subscribed.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 13:06.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
43. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2013, 23:02 Paranoid Jack

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 07:13:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 00:52:
I hope Wasteland 2 is on this list for a long while. Loving the beta and couldn't be happier with KickStarting this one.

One word of warning do not create a custom character portrait nor use them in game until they fix the bug. When you reload the save game your custom character portraits may all go white or light blue. At that point there is a chance that it has caused your save game to break... and you will lose all progress. Not being able to load any of the saved games after that point.

It is a beta... although badass... still a beta, go figure.

There's a temp fix where you can open the saved game file with notepad and type back in the correct portrait name for your character.

Search your char's name then look for:
<portraitName>CustomPortraitFilename</portraitName>
where "CustomPortraitFileName is blank. Type in the file name without the png extension and save.

There's another temp fix for when the game crashes to desktop while loading a save. Quickly start a new game and skip through the starting dialogue by repeatedly selecting "Goodbye". Hit escape and Load your original game. This was the only way I could complete the Rail Nomad area.

Thank you, kind sir!

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
43. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 22:24 Paranoid Jack

When I got to the bottom of the page and it stated the expected beta was one year from now... I almost spit my coffee out.

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.

I bought ArmA II a second time on Steam for this Mod. I had fun with it back then. Since then a lot of great games have come out. Some better... most worse than the DayZ Mod. At this point not sure what you'd call this kind of creep but for me the ship has sailed. I doubt I will buy the SA version for more than ten or fifteen bucks at most. And then only to support their years of work. Because my guess is that after I've been ganked again for a dozen or so times I will be done with the game/mod one last time.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2013, 22:30.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2013, 00:52 Paranoid Jack

I hope Wasteland 2 is on this list for a long while. Loving the beta and couldn't be happier with KickStarting this one.

One word of warning do not create a custom character portrait nor use them in game until they fix the bug. When you reload the save game your custom character portraits may all go white or light blue. At that point there is a chance that it has caused your save game to break... and you will lose all progress. Not being able to load any of the saved games after that point.

It is a beta... although badass... still a beta, go figure.

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Details?
6. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Details? Dec 11, 2013, 22:46 Paranoid Jack

I thought the mechanics worked well in F3 but New Vegas was far better over all. I too wish they had made an option to freeze and go into turnbased mode. Since VATS is there I would assume it's an option. Sadly I never got more than two dozen hours into F3 since it crashed like mad on my system at the time and even after I built a new system it continued to crash far too often for me to ever finish it.

I'm still interested in F4...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta Begins
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta Begins Dec 11, 2013, 22:25 Paranoid Jack

WoW, Wasteland 2, Shroud of the Avatar, and Divinty Original Sin alphas/betas all within a week....  

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
24. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 00:50 Paranoid Jack

"We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain," EA said. "We will not stop until this is right."

Ok, so fix the game and give me the expansions for free... since I've bought the game for the PC and the PS4... since its clear the QA done was at an all time low for DICE/EA.

I've had a lot of fun but the crashes/disconnects/loss of rank time and time again just got to the point that I stopped playing. All within two weeks of purchase.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2013, 02:54 Paranoid Jack

Blue, I'm saddened to hear of Hudson's passing. My condolences to you and your family during these trying times. She sounded like a special dog. We will miss hearing of her antics.

It has been a long hard day and I was a bit down earlier. After work my wife and I took four of our dogs out for a two mile walk. Returning home I had to take care of the stray cats that sleep in our garage now that the temperatures are falling. So I was feeling a bit down because I haven't had as much time to relax lately. Plus my daughter has moved back home with her dogs. We now have six dogs... and three stray cats I'm taking care of. I've only had a chance to get one of the cats spayed. The other two cats are new arrivals. I need to get them to the clinic when I get a chance.

I don't do all the work around here when it comes to the dogs but somewhere around 80% on most days. I get up an hour earlier than I have too just to get them out side and then fed. Then I medicate them, not me. Though sometimes I feel like asking the neighbor to pass the joint over the fence. Three of our dogs need medications, one can barely walk due to her arthritis, and one can barely see due to her diabetes. But they are all so full of life and love. Which is why I do it. Dogs are truly amazing in the many ways that they can remind us to just enjoy life. And they show us how easy it is to love.

Hudson's passing reminded me again just how much all our pets mean to me. Even the stray cats I let sleep in my garage. And before you guys label me... I'm not like that crazy cat lady you heard about. Well, not yet. Three of our dogs were rescued. The cats I just feed because I refuse to let them go hungry. One was feral but trusts me somewhat and the other two are drop offs... judging by the way they always want attention.

I can hear the newcomer meowing from the neighbors roof top. She gets up there and is too afraid to come down. I put a 2x4 up so she could walk down to the fence but she still can't get up enough nerve to come down it.

I better get to bed. I've got to get up in five and a half hours and do it all over again....

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2013, 03:00.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2013, 13:30 Paranoid Jack

PHJF wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 16:05:
Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 12:54:
Thanks to Prof and Bats for the TESO beta key. What the hell is with their forums though? You need some sort of separate invite? Anyway, when's the next test start? I coulda swore someone said it was today.

My key was specifically for this weekend.

I received a second key but just logged in using my existing account? I'm slightly confused but then that's just me.

Blue, your words brought me to tears. I'm sorry for your loss. Many of us were truly blessed to have people like Belle in our lives.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
42. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 02:25 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 02:07:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 23:44:
the XBOne has already been tested to run a full fifteen degrees hotter than the PS4. Which goes against the uses less power statements. Because more power means more heat.

Or worse cooling.

Yep, either way it could be a problem when summer comes rolling back around. We shall see.

40. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 00:55 Paranoid Jack

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 00:31:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 23:44:
@ Verno, I have both a day one 360 & a day one PS3 that are still alive and kicking. You could argue that I didn't use the 360 as much as other owners who experience fails but then I never ran mine on carpeted floor and always keep the area fairly clear of dust. From what I've see while working a lot of kids had them (360s) sitting on the carpet standing on end so they were not breathing/cooling well.

See this is the mentality I mentioned. The person it never happened to thinks they have it figured out as to why. The three that went down for me were never on carpet and in a clean area. The design had a big flaw. Now when there is a 50% failure, that means 50% haven't broke. So sure there are these out there, but the other 50% that did fail, a lot of those wasn't because of abuse or poor condition. That said, past consoles you could have both of those and they kept going.

LMAO! Thanks!

The problem with your statement? I never implied that my experience was the answer to the failure ratio. Just stated my experience... just as you are. I even said, "You could argue that I didn't use the 360 as much as other owners...", but you can read into it what you like.

I also realize there were manufacturing/design flaws with the original 360. Sorry, to hear you had three fail and I had zero fail. Does that somehow make my situation not worth mentioning?

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 23:44 Paranoid Jack

@ Verno, I have both a day one 360 & a day one PS3 that are still alive and kicking. You could argue that I didn't use the 360 as much as other owners who experience fails but then I never ran mine on carpeted floor and always keep the area fairly clear of dust. From what I've see while working a lot of kids had them (360s) sitting on the carpet standing on end so they were not breathing/cooling well.

@ Beamer, the XBOne has already been tested to run a full fifteen degrees hotter than the PS4. Which goes against the uses less power statements. Because more power means more heat. Crazy things is if the power supply is external why is the thing running hotter?

"The Xbox One got noticeably hotter after continued operation, though; our IR thermometer measured a top temperature of 115 degrees Fahrenheit coming off its top vents compared to about 100 degrees for the PS4."

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 19, 2013, 22:12 Paranoid Jack

D4rkKnight wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 21:56:
They are selling content on day 1 for $20 (Gold edition). I can't justify giving money to a company that does this. Small things don't bother me, but it's a mini expansion and they want $$$ for it. Remember the holiday sale is right around the corner and this will no doubt receive a discount.

$20 isn't bad for what is basically their season pass. Of course their isn't much reason to buy it at this time since there is not much content yet available not to mention if you have yet to play the OC there really is no need to buy more at this point.

Even with the free $20 of PSN currency I didn't feel the need to buy it either.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 11:56 Paranoid Jack

InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 10:17:
Whats up with the dude who blows up his PS4 with his huge ass tank-busting rifle? Is he some novel kind of Microsoft fanboi extremist??Jesus what is it about americans and their guns??

We do love our toys... but I think this is all about bringing in the views or hits to his YouTube channel. I've heard but can't confirm some of these people make triple digits from their channels.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Released
4. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Released Nov 15, 2013, 00:42 Paranoid Jack

Damn you, Taskeen!

I should never have watched that Angry Joe video. I was hoping to hold off a month or two before picking this up. I just have too much to play already. But thanks to Joe and you I'm now thinking about buying it... tonight. Even though I will be playing AC4 Black Flag in just a couple hours on my new PS4. Oh, Hell! Life is good.

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
11. Re: Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs Nov 11, 2013, 11:12 Paranoid Jack

For some reason I totally avoided WC3 but loved the first two. Now with CoH2 being such a let down I'm thinking I will pick up that battle chest or ask Santa for it. But on the other hand... I have far too many games to play as it is. That plus add the Kickstarter effect to it... I am overbooked.

I have the alpha testing of SotA & DOS (then the betas). Not to mention the soon to test W2 & possibly PE in the early part of the year.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week
1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 01:38 Paranoid Jack

I loved CoH but felt raped after buying the Digital CE of CoH2.

They need to do a lot of these free map releases if they want me to buy into another game.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 30, 2013, 23:23 Paranoid Jack

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 20:14:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 19:50:
Hint: If your car is already flipped on the side, YOU wrecked it.

Honestly if my car was already beat to hell like that one was, I'd probably be laughing my ass off if the tow truck driver dropped it again.

Especially since it would then become the tow company's insurance's problem, and not my own

I doubt it becomes their problem since it was the driver that got it there to begin with. My guess it's all going to the drivers insurance...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
40. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 20:12 Paranoid Jack

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:25:
jimnms wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:02:
I wasn't planning to get this on release, but I caved and bought it from GMG a couple of days ago with the 20% off code.
Join the club

Do you get the China add-on maps with the GoG version? I'm thinking about caving and picking it up when I get home.

1767 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo