Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1735 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. removed Sep 26, 2013, 00:26 Paranoid Jack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 27, 2013, 10:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 25, 2013, 00:00 Paranoid Jack

That reminds me I already got some of my Torment Kickstarter rewards (books) in the mail but nothing for Wasteland 2.
What? Real world books or electronic?

I haven't gotten anything from any KickStarter yet other than Conclave. I better start checking in on these projects. I guess I shouldn't just assume they are going to give me what is due?

Hate to say it but I'm not backing anything else until I start seeing some returns... on what I would call investments. Sad truth is I know they are technically donations.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 23, 2013, 23:52 Paranoid Jack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 23:12:
Finally, we won’t have to power off during takeoff and landing.

I don't anyway. Never have never will. If they thought it was important and not a red herring, they would wrap the inner part of the plane with a copper mesh and confiscate all phones. They just say "turn them off" no one really does.

It has already been proven that nothing is interfered with.

LoL, yep. I remember seeing something about pilots/copilots on their cell phone during take off. It's just a matter of time before a plane goes down with someone inside the cockpit on the phone. Then we will all have to put them in a lead box while entering the plane.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 23, 2013, 23:40 Paranoid Jack

No hurry... just do it and Torment right.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Free Maps Tomorrow
1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Free Maps Tomorrow Sep 23, 2013, 23:38 Paranoid Jack

Shit after I bought that rip-off of a CE from Steam I better get a lot of FREE maps....  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
90. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 23, 2013, 00:25 Paranoid Jack

Not sure what you mean by shitty/busy controls. I will agree at times the game is difficult to master. Which is a good thing. And I agree that they did a great job considering all the different control schemes and actions for so many vehicles.

I love how the new vehicles feel. When you're rolling in an old beater it feels like shit. When you cruisin' down the coastal highways at top speeds in the European sport cars it feels exhilarating. And the way the game reveals itself in layers was superbly done. Everything from weapons to faster sport cars. Having a damn good time.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
24. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 23, 2013, 00:05 Paranoid Jack

Slight spoiler... but then again... not really... if you've played other GTA games you already know this exists in the game.

I've spent most of this evening blowing shit up with a tank. Repeatedly spent more than fifteen minutes at a five star wanted rating. Blew countless police helicopters from the sky and slaughtered cops by the dozens. It was a lot of fun. I was not able to save the tank in a garage. I've tried to trigger the garage with no luck. Just tried to save it at Trevor's apartment and the game locked up while saving. Left it running for more than ten minutes before having to exit the game.

Letting my PS3 cool off since it has been running most of the day. Then it's back into GTA5 for another crime spree. Again, the only downside... the tank at times seems very weak to rear damage from police vehicles ramming me. And if anyone knows how to add the tank to my garage collection let me know, please.

18. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 21, 2013, 23:42 Paranoid Jack

I've been enjoying the HELL outta GTA5. I've reached Trevor twice now due to the first time being a very late night and I mistakenly expecting the autosave to work like a regular save. The next night when I returned to the game after work I was a little shocked to find I was back to Franklin with no access to Trevor the crazy fuck. That is still the worse thing about consoles... not being able to save anywhere/anytime and return to that point in the game. Oh, well maybe next generation? Kind of sounds like an iPhone user right?

Anyway, the game is awesome. A lot like the previous two I played but taking it all to a new level. I'm playing on the PS3. Still waiting to hear from my brother who has both versions due to me trying to surprise him with the PS3 version and him being an impatient sort and rushing off to buy it at GameStop on the 360.

Up to this point The Last of Us was my choice for Game of the Year. Now I'm wondering if I will feel the same when I've finish the main quest for GTA5. I must say even though GTA5 is well polished I still think The Last of Us had far less glitches... of course it was a corridor/linear type game vs. GTA5 being one of the largest open game worlds to date.

You know the worst part... actually its a good thing... there are IMO too many AAA games due out in the next two months. Beyond: Two Souls, AC4 Black Flag, BF4, and of course Watch Dogs. Plus the systems. I'm getting the PS4 no doubt. Still not sure about the XBOne.

Anyway, I'm kind of hoping the rainy season is light. Otherwise I may be spending more time at work and less time playing these games this Fall/Winter.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 21:58 Paranoid Jack

Yep, after the original WoW midnight launch I never attended another geekfest again. I usually roll in about five to fifteen after walk straight up and out in under two minutes... unless I stop to BS with the guys who've worked there for more years than I care to remember.  

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 21:12 Paranoid Jack

Just prepaid for my GTA5 pick up tonight at midnight or early opening tomorrow morning. While I was BSing with the guy at the counter he told me his store had over six hundred preorders for GTA5.

I told him I'd see him about fifteen minutes after midnight then... if I decide to pick it up early.

edit: I forgot to mention... or have I mentioned this before? Our county ranks number one in the nation for the highest unemployment rate.

54. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 00:29 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:10:
"Your Amazon.com order of "Grand Theft Auto V" has shipped!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Saturday, I order a copy for my brother who is down on his luck. I got a notice saying it won't be there until the 19th. WTF? The Amazon page states FREE two day shipping and get it release day plus I've got Amazon Prime which is another way of getting it Free 2-Day. Still kind of wondering why it will be two days late. He has plenty of other stuff to play. I just hope he doesn't go out and buy it. He may trade in some old games or something. I wanted it to be a surprise... ah, Hell.

40. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 19:39 Paranoid Jack

I play games. Any where... any system... just keeping it real since this is a site about gaming of all kinds.

I've arranged to be off and I'll be there at midnight to pick up my PS3 copy. Sure, I'm hoping Sony & Take2 will do the right thing and offer a $10 PS4 upgrade like they (other studios) have planned for several other big releases.

That said I'm still going to have a blast playing it on the PS3.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2013, 14:35 Paranoid Jack

Panickd wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 14:05:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 09:49:
Week 3 no Skyrim. The world is a darker place....

Well, I am fairly sure every human being on earth has a copy of Skyrim at this point.

I have 2. One on the PS3 and one on the PC. Buying it on the PS3 was a mistake but my kid seemed to like it.

I feel sorry for all the folks that bought Total War: Rome II. You can't blame them for pre-ordering given the track record of the devs of those games but it was an absolute trainwreck by most accounts.

Yeah, I've read some posts that helped me to avoid it but then I've been locked out of my Steam account for two weeks with no reply to either of the two tickets I created. So like a dumbass I thought I'd buy Blacklist from a German site for about $22 US. It stated you need an active Uplay account. I have used Uplay before. It was bad back then... well, somehow they've made it even worse. LoL
For the past two hours I have tried to figure out why I am forced to bounce off a Proxy IP to access their shit server and finally gain access to Blacklist.
Even more ironic is the fact that my ISP speeds are just under 60mbps yet it looks as if it's going to take most of the day (maybe the night also) to download the game. Another lesson learned.
Ah, well. I guess my luck is just shit lately for some reason.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month
13. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month Aug 11, 2013, 22:39 Paranoid Jack

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 12:24:
Grumpy Sod wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 10:48:
Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 07:05:
I'm looking forward to this but I'm going to try my best to skip the first several releases and purchase in either the beta or GA phase. I often grab these games in Alpha and am burned out on them long before they're finished.

Heh, I do the same. I hold up Don't Starve as exhibit A.

Great example. I played Don't Starve and enjoyed it and then lost interest shortly after the first cave patch was released.

Cave patch? I must have burned out long before that one.... yep, I am guilty of the same.

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month
7. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens This Month Aug 11, 2013, 00:07 Paranoid Jack

Missed this KickStarter but I will most likely pick it up after the 19th. Looks cool.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Amazon Developing Android Console... Aug 9, 2013, 11:26 Paranoid Jack

nin wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 11:04:
Yeah, I love it as well. I initially scoffed at the price, but once I got used to getting everything in a day or two, I was hooked...

I just renewed for a second year in July, and I'm seriously tempted to go back and count the number of orders I had in that year. I know it paid for itself...

edit: OK, just counted my orders: From July 12 to July 13? 132 orders! Lowest month: Oct 3 orders, highest month Jan and June with 16 orders each. Part of that is some health bars I eat for breakfast and some dinners...

So I'm averaging 61 cents an order for 2 day or less shipping. I get my moneys worth dammit!

Shhh, keep it down. Or they will raise the price for the rest of us.

I get my moneys worth but just not doing as well as you at it.

News Comments > DayZ Public Alpha Status Report
6. Re: DayZ Public Alpha Status Report Aug 3, 2013, 21:44 Paranoid Jack

It's been awhile since I played the Mod and I don't see much of a difference between this and that. I watched an E3 video where he claimed the only thing they took or keep from ArmA III was the sky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_C6ylIK_w&feature=player_detailpage

Not sure why they stuck with ArmA II since it has so many issues. Just watch the videos. I'm not seeing much improvement. Yeah, the interface is changed but it seems to be just as bad as the last as far as micro-management required to change clothing or packs.

I've been hoping this would really come together and deserve the standalone game status or title but at this state I just don't get the feeling this is anything more than a bigger Mod.

I'll probably still buy into the alpha to give it another go and to help fund their dream but I really doubt this will turn out to be as polished as it needs to be... or as it should be to justify a standalone title.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
7. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Aug 1, 2013, 21:52 Paranoid Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y&feature=player_embedded

Well said... but I still pre-ordered this one.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 12, 2013, 23:09 Paranoid Jack

Oh, Momma, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law...  

News Comments > DayZ Release Plans
12. Re: DayZ Release Plans Jun 24, 2013, 23:19 Paranoid Jack

Last video footage I saw supposedly of the latest version looked just like the mod. For me the ship has sailed.  

1735 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo