Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1767 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 15, 2014, 00:44 Paranoid Jack

I felt the same way during the alpha/beta. Someone's response was it's not a combat game or something to that effect. I thought, WTF? A turn based game has to have engaging combat or it will quickly become overly boring. Even if their focus was on other portions of the gameplay the combat still has to be worth the tedium that becomes TB.

I've been afraid to boot it because I feared the combat had not be amped up or expanded upon. I don't think it was asking too much to have a couple more layers of depth/a few more choices besides use weapon 1/use weapon 2 or run. So what is left? Pray for a modder to fix it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
21. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 9, 2014, 00:00 Paranoid Jack

nin wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 22:49:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 22:36:
Hopefully it is a mix of both games? Meanwhile time traveling into Van Buren's post apocalypse. Now that would be a nice mix.

Something where you could go back and change pieces of the past, with the eventual goal of avoiding/changing whatever armageddon?

That would be cool...

Yeah, there are several good angles they could pursue. Time traveling back from the apocalypse in an attempt to change the future would be cool if they don't go the route of the Terminator movies. Of course that is the obvious choice. Go back in time to take out who sets the whole thing in motion but that also opens up the choice and consequences. They could give the player several cool choices. What point in time and who do you target to change the future. Once you have completed your mission do you/can you return to the future? What do you find? It's been over done in books but I can't remember any RPG games giving it a try.

Or they could have you time travel into the future to discover what remains after the apocalypse. Then you have to make your way back and fix what has yet to happen.

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
19. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 22:36 Paranoid Jack

Hopefully it is a mix of both games? Meanwhile time traveling into Van Buren's post apocalypse. Now that would be a nice mix.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. X-Box Live down last night? Dec 2, 2014, 11:33 Paranoid Jack

I figured it was under attack last night when my dauhter asked me to fix the Internet. A pretty tall order. She couldn't log in and the X-Box 360 kept blaming the router.... even though M$'s website claimed all was well with Live I knew it wasn't.

An early Christmas gift from the Hacker Community? Thanks...

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
5. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 11:23 Paranoid Jack

Looks like he's already out doing some fence mending.... ???

www.techradar.com

That last line says it all. We/I lied to sell it during the final days of the Kickstarter for Godus.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Launch Trailer
5. Re: Game of Thrones Launch Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 10:03 Paranoid Jack

Taken from the wikia....

Season 5 of Game of Thrones was formally commissioned by HBO on 8 April 2014, following a substantial increase in audience figures between the third and fourth seasons.[1] The fifth and sixth seasons were commissioned simultaneously, the first time HBO has done so for a major drama series. The season consists of ten episodes and began filming in July 2014 and will run late into the year.[2] David Benioff and D.B. Weiss return as executive producers and showrunners for both season five and six, having signed a new two-year contract with HBO in early 2014.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2014, 10:32.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 13:25 Paranoid Jack

I've never played the original and I didn't kickstart though I wish I had... and I know there is a lot of hate now that the off-line mode was scraped but I think I'm going to give it a try if I manage to find enough time to fit it in. Looks fun to me. Comparing it to the SC videos I've seen I would have to pick this over SC at the moment. Though I hope to be impressed with SC first person mode and other aspects closer to launch.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 10:00 Paranoid Jack

Happy Birthday, Blue! And likewise thank you for continuing your run as one of the best... if not the best (IMO) gaming sites on the Net. Thank you, and have a double shot of crown to celebrate your Birthday!

As a gift I would like to offer you a code to download FarCry4 from Amazon if you haven't yet purchased it yourself. Just let me know and it is yours. Thank you, and have a great day!

edit: You could also choose to download AC Unity or The Crew. Your option.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 14:34 Paranoid Jack

I've only played an hour between laying sod until 9:30 pm and jury duty this morning... but I think space bar loots all items.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
24. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 22:02 Paranoid Jack

I've got an option to pick this up free from Amazon but there is no way in Hell I will be doing that. I will definitely be getting FarCry 4 instead. No interest in The Crew either. I'm not buying another AC game until they get more depth to them. Storylines are ok but the repetitive side missions get old and the achievements have been old since the original game released.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 14, 2014, 23:39 Paranoid Jack

Damn you all! Between the coverage here and the recent video reviews I couldn't help myself. I got caught up in the hype.

I feel badly about this weakness of mine... yet I caved and bought the game on Origins. Something I had sworn never to do. After they wiped my BF3 account. Even though the agent made it up to me in a big way a month or two later. He gave me three games if I remember correctly. On Origin of course.

I'm preloading and hoping that is 9pm east coast time?

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 14, 2014, 23:30 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 22:22:
Eh, it's news. I find it pretty interesting that the guy went back after his little bitch temper tantrum.

He's still fucked though, as I'm fairly certain Valve isn't even going to bother to reply to anything from their shitty company ever again, so good luck selling your indie games without Steam, fellas!

He made a stupid tweek no doubt. No excuse for it. I'd wager that Dev have far better avenues of interaction with Steam than Joe Public does. I remember being locked out of my account and thinking it had been hacked for two weeks or more a few years back. I sent several support tickets/e-mails in but never heard from them until a week after I managed to get back into the account on my own. Not sure if they fixed it or if it was a fluke. I never got over how poor their support was... or lack of support... which is the case with so many companies today. Origin took even longer to respond and make amends after their support tech wiped my Battlefield 3 account shortly after launch.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 11:58 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 11:35:
Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 09:58:
Everything on the PS3 is slow and clunky, I don't even turn it on anymore. Between the PC and PS4 I can't stand going back to the long load times, UI clunkiness and etc.

Yeah it's gotten really irritating the last year or so. I don't know what they messed up in their updates along the line, but it's noticeably slower than it used to be.

Tempted to get a new console, and I have to say that despite the fact that it's an underpowered piece of shit, the Xbone has more games that look appealing. Plus it's currently 350 bucks and comes with a copy of AC:Unity, so the console is basically $290... Undecided

Check out the current Best Buy XBONE deal. They are offering up to $150 for your purchase of the XBONE if you trade in a 360 or PS3. Almost thinking about getting one for myself.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer
2. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer Nov 8, 2014, 14:30 Paranoid Jack

Pray that they don't use the same business model as CoH2. I'm close to adding Relic to my shit shit list... a.k.a. the never buy from them again list.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
28. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 22:26 Paranoid Jack

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 01:18:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 00:56:
I must be crazy. I'm looking forward to this. I have yet to finish half a dozen games which I've been juggling over the past few months yet I'm planning on picking this one up on day one.

Has anyone else not had any luck with Dragon Age Keep? I logged in and it has my info from the first two games but I wanted to alter the Tapestry. Tried several times to change and lock in choices only to have error after error occur. Am I just cursed?

It's worked fine for me... From what I've read on the forum, either try a different browser, or log out, clear out your cache, then log back in. Any particular kind of error you're getting?

These are the errors I am getting.

Line: 7
Error: Script error for: app/template/account-check/personas.html
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror

It wants to open an HTML debugger but I don't know much about site scripting so I just close it and try to log in again. It will usually take after a try or two, log me in, then I get this error while trying to view the Tapestry.

"Oops, an error occurred Sorry, something went wrong. Please try viewing the Interactive Story Summary later."

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2014, 21:30 Paranoid Jack

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 18:29:
Seriously though, if this was intentionally done with the intent of stealing the election, you wouldn't leave a feedback mechanism to let the voter know the vote had been switched. Everything would look fine to the voter, and we wouldn't be getting these kinds of stories, on either side. You'd just have the person elected, and there'd be a big difference between the exit polling and the result.

You know what popped into my head while reading that? The Obama Administration stealing the election while using the IRS to harass and delay opposing non-profits/Republican based organizations from receiving their status authorization until after his election. Funniest thing about that was the fact that Nixon was impeached for doing a fraction of what they did. Funnier still nobody cares. It's old news forget about it, move on. Like Bengasi, Libya. Obama should have been impeached but was allowed to run again. Then Obama flipped on his story outing himself and his administration during the national debate yet American stood by and did what? Yeah, that is right, nothing.

I laugh at the divide. While people fight over political parties they fail to see that their is just one party, the ruling party. What I call American Royalty. I know we all want to have faith in the system... in humanity but it doesn't matter who is in power they are all corrupt. Why else would anyone spend millions of their own money to land a job that pays $450,000 a year? Makes no sense. Unless they are making a hundred times more money in bribes, insider trading, and fleecing the tax payers. Being above the law sure has its benefits.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 00:56 Paranoid Jack

I must be crazy. I'm looking forward to this. I have yet to finish half a dozen games which I've been juggling over the past few months yet I'm planning on picking this one up on day one.

Has anyone else not had any luck with Dragon Age Keep? I logged in and it has my info from the first two games but I wanted to alter the Tapestry. Tried several times to change and lock in choices only to have error after error occur. Am I just cursed?

News Comments > Dead State in December
11. Re: Dead State in December Nov 1, 2014, 19:38 Paranoid Jack

Can't speak for him or others.... but I was hoping they would add a lot more to the combat options. There was no stealth what so ever.No cover system. I don't remember any crouch or prone, nothing of that nature. Run/Use Weapon 1/Use Weapon 2 was all I remember from the short time I played the combat beta. It has been months and I have purposely avoided it so I truly hope that somebody calls me on this. A turn based combat game really needs to nail that combat or it just gets boring fast.  

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebration This Week
5. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebration This Week Nov 1, 2014, 19:27 Paranoid Jack

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 16:06:
I would like to see a livestream from some dudes webcams who haven't cleaned their apartment or changed their clothes in the last ten years. A ten year WoW anniversary wouldn't be complete without a look into the abyss. Please make it so, kthx.

That reminded me of that ad for Quake... I think it was not sure which one... with the gaming chair that was a toilet infront of a PC desk set-up with a mini-frig. I could almost picture somebody that addicted to WoW. Still hard to believe it has been ten years. Have they ever released the actually profit the game has made from day one? I'm sure it would be mind boggling.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2014, 10:10 Paranoid Jack

Thanks again for the advice. Sorry, I didn't respond promptly. I've been digging out tree roots in the front yard for three days straight so that I can lay new sod. Hope to be done in the next two days.

Anyway, I do run a full scan everyday if not every other... depending on my use of the PC. I only visit Blue's and YouTube unless I jump to a developers site or want to buy something online. My browser is set to delete all cookies when closed and the moment I see an ad taking over I usually check the recently installed programs list. The reason I suspect its coming from Blue's ads is because the ads are taking over the page usually pushing the first article down to page two or three forcing you to scroll down to see the article. I know its possible there may be something the virus/malware scan is not catching but since installing adblockplus the site has been fine.

Either way, thanks again. Time will tell... if I have any other craziness in the next few days I'll let you know. Usually happens before the site fully loads which is another reason I think it's Blue's ads. I only ever get them when I open the browser with my homepage being Blue's. Do love the site more without the ads since they were getting out of hand on occasion.

1767 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo