Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bludd

Real Name Bludd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bludd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Hm.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 1, 2001, 14:59
Total Comments 919 (Graduate)
User ID 11506

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
3. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 10:37 Bludd

Who are buying all these games? I don't know anyone who has bought this game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2011, 16:19 Bludd

Fallout NV is great in the same way Skyrim is great. It has the same downfalls too.  

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2011, 13:09 Bludd

I also love the game, and I think it is their best yet. I just want them to actually have a new engine for the next game.

I've thought about this Creation Engine's newness a bit: maybe for legal reasons Bethesda HAVE to refer to it as a new engine.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2011, 10:53 Bludd

Nobody believes the Creation Engine is but a Gamebryo 1.2. If it isn't the same engine (updated), then Bethesda have gone to great lengths to mimic and emulate the peculiarities and horriblenessities of Gamebryo in their brand new shiny Creation Engine.  

News Comments > FlatOut 3 Next Week
15. Re: FlatOut 3 Next Week Dec 7, 2011, 09:08 Bludd

wtf_man wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 08:20:
I enjoyed FlatOut 1 and 2. I liked the music better in 1, but 2 had better tracks and multiplayer support... so overall, it was a good "evolutionary" improvement.

FlatOut 3 looks like utter garbage. Why the fuck isn't Bugbear making this?
Probably sold the IP to stay alive, or they had already sold the IP and the company that originally had the rights sold them again.

News Comments > FlatOut 3 Next Week
2. Re: FlatOut 3 Next Week Dec 6, 2011, 21:37 Bludd

killer_roach wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 20:52:
Looked at the trailers, and I'm getting the sinking feeling that this new installment is going to suck and suck hard.
It is not made by series creator Bugbear Entertainment, but Team6 game studios. I bet it will suck, indeed.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers
22. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 2, 2011, 13:58 Bludd

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 09:33:
Can you give us some examples of their poor developer relations Bludd? I'm not sure what AMD releasing drivers to fix bugs has to do with that either, AMD has a team that works with developers and publishers already. That doesn't mean publishers test against their hardware as thoroughly as they do for Nvidia, particularly in this day and age of console ports where the PC platform in general takes a backseat.

Still not impressed with AMD recently. My card requires Crossfire to perform properly and with games like RAGE and Skyrim it has taken weeks to months to support Crossfire and to perform well. I completed RAGE before they even supported Crossfire, though apparently SLI still isn't possible and likely won't be supported.

Crossfire and SLI will always be a niche thing unfortunately, I used to have just as many problems when I ran SLI cards. You're better off with a single card in most scenarios even if it is the highest priced SKU they offer.
Example is they have released 4 hotfixes in a month, they screwed up the Rage launch. Last year about this time they also released many hotfixes.

They seem to be on the back foot all the time and they do have devrel, but it isn't as good as nvidia's devrel and they need to get on top of that.

20. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 2, 2011, 07:42 Bludd

Dades wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 22:58:
Bludd wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 19:37:
AMD needs better devrel.

Let's call it what it is, sacks full of money.
You seem to think nvidia has unlimited money.

13. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 19:37 Bludd

AMD needs better devrel.  

4. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 17:07 Bludd

Verno wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 16:11:
Bludd wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:56:
Happy? Most people detest installing drivers and they get angry if they have to worry about that shit. AMD is not scoring any points with this stuff, btw. Test your drivers, do it right, not patch, patch patch as they have been doing for the last month.

Maybe Mom & Pop but their core market wanted more driver releases so that's AMD delivered, it was one of the biggest complaints leveled at AMD other than driver quality in the past. Many of the releases are betas or hotfixes that are not meant to be applied by everyone either, they are specific fixes for things like Crossfire updates or to fix bugs that cannot wait for a WHQL release.

When publishers don't get a pile of money from you they don't spend as much time testing on your stuff which in turn leads to compatibility problems that need to be fixed. This is even more of a problem these days because PCs are often second class citizens when it comes to publisher resources in the first place. That's life on the PC, the grass isn't much greener on the other side either. Nvidia issues a fair amount of beta releases every year too. I'll take frequent releases over waiting six months for AMD/Nvidia to fix things any day of the week.
It is years ago since AMD started monthly driver updates. Nvidia have been doing it roughly at the same rate for a while now, but this last month AMD have churned out how many more (4? 6?) than Nvidia's 2?

I'd rather have higher quality drivers than many updates in a short amount of time.

2. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 15:56 Bludd

Happy? Most people detest installing drivers and they get angry if they have to worry about that shit. AMD is not scoring any points with this stuff, btw. Test your drivers, do it right, not patch, patch patch as they have been doing for the last month.  

News Comments > Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions
6. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 15:34 Bludd

pagb wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 15:21:
Bludd wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 14:45:
Good job, Blizzard. This is like Ford making a big announcement that they will launch a car with ABS.
Too bad that in this case, all other cars don't have ABS at all.
Way to miss the point. ABS isn't new and nobody announces it.

News Comments > Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions
4. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 14:45 Bludd

Good job, Blizzard. This is like Ford making a big announcement that they will launch a car with ABS.  

News Comments > Minecraft Gold
7. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 14, 2011, 12:29 Bludd

Is there more gameplay in this sandbox now?  

News Comments > Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month
3. Re: Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month Nov 10, 2011, 21:30 Bludd

Acleacius wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 20:50:
Everyone will be a winner.
Except your F2P model was total crap, the worst model so far. People paying the FULL monthly fee, still didn't have full service.

Problem is now solved. Now all EQ2 is F2P and gold subscription gives you all races and all classes.

And it wasn't the worst because you didn't have to buy access to quests and zones (except for DoV exp).

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG Early Next Year
2. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG Early Next Year Nov 9, 2011, 16:48 Bludd

I hope to Valyria that Atlus stays the hell away from any game design decisions!  

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
10. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 15:55 Bludd

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 15:46:
I'm a PETA member. People for Eating Tasty Animals.

Heh, the other day I saw a "Go Vegan" ad where they had a picture of a dog and a pig and the caption reads "Why love one animal and eat another?" And I'm thinking, 'Does someone really need to explain why this is the case, not just with people but other animals as well?' Hey bud, the universe is a violent place and something always has to die so that something else can live. Sucks, huh? Get a fucking helmet.

In parts of Asia, both are eaten.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 6, 2011, 15:07 Bludd

Wow, those GI guys totally sucked at X-COM.  

News Comments > BF3 on Steam Hints
22. Re: BF3 on Steam Hints Oct 31, 2011, 19:14 Bludd

bhcompy wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 16:03:
God Origin is an abortion. Getting it installed off the DVD was a nightmare because it didn't pick up the DVD and tried to download it from EA's awful Origin servers. Had to copy all ~14gigs to the HDD, replace the Origin installer files with the new installer, and run setup from there to get it to pick up. Then it required me to disable uPnP on my firewall and setup port forwarding to even log in(which no other game has ever required).
Actually, it just says "downloading" but it installs from the DVDs. After a while you get prompted to insert DVD2. I was caught out by this too, but when I realised it was "downloading" at 8 MB/s which is 5 MB/s more than my line can handle, I realised it was just Origin being dumb and actually not downloading.

News Comments > XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter
3. Re: XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter Oct 26, 2011, 11:37 Bludd

I just stopped caring about this.  

919 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo