Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bludd

Real Name Bludd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bludd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Hm.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 1, 2001, 14:59
Total Comments 911 (Graduate)
User ID 11506

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers
13. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 19:37 Bludd

AMD needs better devrel.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 17:07 Bludd

Verno wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 16:11:
Bludd wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 15:56:
Happy? Most people detest installing drivers and they get angry if they have to worry about that shit. AMD is not scoring any points with this stuff, btw. Test your drivers, do it right, not patch, patch patch as they have been doing for the last month.

Maybe Mom & Pop but their core market wanted more driver releases so that's AMD delivered, it was one of the biggest complaints leveled at AMD other than driver quality in the past. Many of the releases are betas or hotfixes that are not meant to be applied by everyone either, they are specific fixes for things like Crossfire updates or to fix bugs that cannot wait for a WHQL release.

When publishers don't get a pile of money from you they don't spend as much time testing on your stuff which in turn leads to compatibility problems that need to be fixed. This is even more of a problem these days because PCs are often second class citizens when it comes to publisher resources in the first place. That's life on the PC, the grass isn't much greener on the other side either. Nvidia issues a fair amount of beta releases every year too. I'll take frequent releases over waiting six months for AMD/Nvidia to fix things any day of the week.
It is years ago since AMD started monthly driver updates. Nvidia have been doing it roughly at the same rate for a while now, but this last month AMD have churned out how many more (4? 6?) than Nvidia's 2?

I'd rather have higher quality drivers than many updates in a short amount of time.

2. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 15:56 Bludd

Happy? Most people detest installing drivers and they get angry if they have to worry about that shit. AMD is not scoring any points with this stuff, btw. Test your drivers, do it right, not patch, patch patch as they have been doing for the last month.  

News Comments > Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions
6. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 15:34 Bludd

pagb wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 15:21:
Bludd wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 14:45:
Good job, Blizzard. This is like Ford making a big announcement that they will launch a car with ABS.
Too bad that in this case, all other cars don't have ABS at all.
Way to miss the point. ABS isn't new and nobody announces it.

News Comments > Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions
4. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 14:45 Bludd

Good job, Blizzard. This is like Ford making a big announcement that they will launch a car with ABS.  

News Comments > Minecraft Gold
7. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 14, 2011, 12:29 Bludd

Is there more gameplay in this sandbox now?  

News Comments > Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month
3. Re: Free-to-Play EverQuest II Next Month Nov 10, 2011, 21:30 Bludd

Acleacius wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 20:50:
Everyone will be a winner.
Except your F2P model was total crap, the worst model so far. People paying the FULL monthly fee, still didn't have full service.

Problem is now solved. Now all EQ2 is F2P and gold subscription gives you all races and all classes.

And it wasn't the worst because you didn't have to buy access to quests and zones (except for DoV exp).

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG Early Next Year
2. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG Early Next Year Nov 9, 2011, 16:48 Bludd

I hope to Valyria that Atlus stays the hell away from any game design decisions!  

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
10. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 15:55 Bludd

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 15:46:
I'm a PETA member. People for Eating Tasty Animals.

Heh, the other day I saw a "Go Vegan" ad where they had a picture of a dog and a pig and the caption reads "Why love one animal and eat another?" And I'm thinking, 'Does someone really need to explain why this is the case, not just with people but other animals as well?' Hey bud, the universe is a violent place and something always has to die so that something else can live. Sucks, huh? Get a fucking helmet.

In parts of Asia, both are eaten.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 6, 2011, 15:07 Bludd

Wow, those GI guys totally sucked at X-COM.  

News Comments > BF3 on Steam Hints
22. Re: BF3 on Steam Hints Oct 31, 2011, 19:14 Bludd

bhcompy wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 16:03:
God Origin is an abortion. Getting it installed off the DVD was a nightmare because it didn't pick up the DVD and tried to download it from EA's awful Origin servers. Had to copy all ~14gigs to the HDD, replace the Origin installer files with the new installer, and run setup from there to get it to pick up. Then it required me to disable uPnP on my firewall and setup port forwarding to even log in(which no other game has ever required).
Actually, it just says "downloading" but it installs from the DVDs. After a while you get prompted to insert DVD2. I was caught out by this too, but when I realised it was "downloading" at 8 MB/s which is 5 MB/s more than my line can handle, I realised it was just Origin being dumb and actually not downloading.

News Comments > XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter
3. Re: XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter Oct 26, 2011, 11:37 Bludd

I just stopped caring about this.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
30. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 20:49 Bludd

I have a GTX 285, so less capable hardware can't be the problem. Sounds like there's an issue specific to GTX 460s and AMD CPUs.  

25. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:56 Bludd

You'd be surprised. The old control panel may have been compiled differently than the new one.

If you have a good motherboard, updating the BIOS is hassle-free. Whatever, do what you want.

23. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:44 Bludd

Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:40:
Bludd wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:35:
Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:32:
All downloads direct from Nvidia. If it's a virus then it that is the only thing it is doing.

280.xx didn't do this. The 285 betas did so I went back to 280 and it stopped doing it again.

Now the 285 WHQL does it...that's about the only pattern I'm seeing.
What's the rest of your system then?

I have never seen DEP do anything against any geforce driver and I almost always go for the latest beta.

Windows Vista etc. etc.

And it's not the driver in and of it self it's the NV control panel software that is getting shut down. But only when with the 285 driver.

It was the etc. etc. I wanted to know. Are you using an AMD CPU? Is your BIOS version old? If yes to both, update your BIOS and see if that helps.

19. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:35 Bludd

Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:32:
All downloads direct from Nvidia. If it's a virus then it that is the only thing it is doing.

280.xx didn't do this. The 285 betas did so I went back to 280 and it stopped doing it again.

Now the 285 WHQL does it...that's about the only pattern I'm seeing.
What's the rest of your system then?

I have never seen DEP do anything against any geforce driver and I almost always go for the latest beta.

17. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:28 Bludd

Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:21:
OK, disabling DEP got the CP back up and running. Microsoft security software shutting down a MS-certified driver CP; I am outraged OUTRAGED!

...or I should be but dumbass has been the new smart for so long now.
What are your DEP settings? It should only be on for essential Windows programs and services.

If it is on that when DEP complained you could have a corrupt install/donwload or you could even have some malware or a virus.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
30. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 14:10 Bludd

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 13:34:
Click on download, am told that the 250MB DLC will require 500MB in disk space, but will go down to 250MB afterwards. I'm given no control over WHERE to download this, and Origin apparently happily plunks it on my solid state boot drive, which isn't where I want it, but okay.
You can change download cache location in Origin settings. You must hate Origin so much you can't even check the settings before ranting.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
22. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 13:02 Bludd

Lol to people saying "it's not on steam so I'm not getting it".

Fuck steam, fuck origin, use it and then shut it down when you aren't. It is not a religion, people!

7. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 11:29 Bludd

I don't use HW accel in Firefox so I haven't experienced this problem, but it sounds like a bitch.  

911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo