Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bludd

Real Name Bludd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bludd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Hm.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 1, 2001, 14:59
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 11506

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Conan Going Free-to-Play
30. Re: Age of Conan Going Free-to-Play May 26, 2011, 23:09 Bludd

Kobalt wrote on May 25, 2011, 19:13:
Bludd wrote on May 25, 2011, 18:36:
I don't know what you are talking about. You don't get all the races and classes for 15 bux a month, I don't care about that.

You don't care that you have to pay more then when the game wasn't f2p to get what you used to? Well you are certainly a f2p mmo developers dream customer.
As I said, the SOE guys have received exactly 10 bux from me, which is less than a monthly fee.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Age of Conan Going Free-to-Play May 26, 2011, 23:08 Bludd

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2011, 20:56:
Bludd wrote on May 25, 2011, 18:36:
I don't know what you are talking about. You don't get all the races and classes for 15 bux a month, I don't care about that. You can buy races, are you actually saying that a F2P game has to have everything free? Do you understand the F2P model? They let you have the game for free, but if you want more than the basic stuff you have to buy stuff for real money.

I agree that bronze in EQ2x is limited, but a one-time fee of 10 bux to get silver is worth it. What costs 10 bux nowadays? Here, you can buy two frozen pizzas for 10 bux.
How can you say you don't understand what I'm talking about and then say you don't care if you have full access to the game, even if you pay the full $15 a month? You can go to ANY EQ2 server for $15 and have the FULL game, but not on F2P.

Of course I understand what F2P is, how could I have offered you 3 better F2P if I didn't. Duh of course none of them offer everything free.

Look if you don't care if your getting ripped off, go for it.

There's no way AoC is worth $15 a month.
No, I just didn't pay for any more races and classes. Is 10 bux one time fee being ripped off? I don't think so, but I agree with you that 15 bux a month for not all is close to being a ripoff.

Still, you don't have to pay to unlock quests in EQ2x.

18. Re: Age of Conan Going Free-to-Play May 25, 2011, 18:36 Bludd

Acleacius wrote on May 25, 2011, 16:21:
Bludd wrote on May 25, 2011, 14:54:
what is wrong with the eq2 f2p? are you saying it sucks because you can't equip the best gear? you still get all the content and can do all the quests.

Hehe, seriously?

Well to start with even if you pay the normal full monthly of $15 a month you STILL don't get full access.

Secondly you can't even Zone talk to group or find a group.

Also I have no idea what you mean about not being able to wear the best gear, everyone bailed after the first day, becasue it sucked so bad.

Hey don't get me wrong I have a lot of nostalgia for EQ and EQ2, was thrilled at the thought of running around there again. The list of problems is just too DAMN long to list honestly. You might consider playing a more realistic F2P like LotR, hell even Runes of Magic and Requiem Bloodlymare are much better.
I don't know what you are talking about. You don't get all the races and classes for 15 bux a month, I don't care about that. You can buy races, are you actually saying that a F2P game has to have everything free? Do you understand the F2P model? They let you have the game for free, but if you want more than the basic stuff you have to buy stuff for real money.

I agree that bronze in EQ2x is limited, but a one-time fee of 10 bux to get silver is worth it. What costs 10 bux nowadays? Here, you can buy two frozen pizzas for 10 bux.

12. Re: Age of Conan Going Free-to-Play May 25, 2011, 14:54 Bludd

what is wrong with the eq2 f2p? are you saying it sucks because you can't equip the best gear? you still get all the content and can do all the quests.  

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers May 17, 2011, 19:12 Bludd

Wolfen wrote on May 17, 2011, 19:01:
Bludd wrote on May 17, 2011, 16:06:
Finally, these drivers fixed my BC2 flickering problem that had made the game unplayable for me.

Edit: Btw, these did not show up in the Nvidia Updat app even though I had set it to show beta drivers.

So why can I choose to see beta drivers when they won't even show up? Yawn, I am tempted to remove Nvidia Update because it is easier to just check the website and I can get new drivers faster anyway. POS application.

Well it does mention in the release notes that they worked on that very update.
What are you referring to? Flickering in BC2 or Nvidia Update?
If flickering, then yes, I noticed it but the relnotes only talked about GTX 480. I didn't mention it in OP (should have) but I have a GTX 285.

If Nvidia Update, where in relnotes?

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers May 17, 2011, 16:06 Bludd

Finally, these drivers fixed my BC2 flickering problem that had made the game unplayable for me.

Edit: Btw, these did not show up in the Nvidia Updat app even though I had set it to show beta drivers.

So why can I choose to see beta drivers when they won't even show up? Yawn, I am tempted to remove Nvidia Update because it is easier to just check the website and I can get new drivers faster anyway. POS application.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2011, 17:03.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2011, 12:57 Bludd

Blue, I almost did the same thing. However, I just gave up and continued and then I got the achievement.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes May 12, 2011, 13:09 Bludd

Dear Blizzard, I know you like the cold and stuff, you're named after a snow storm, but when you have to restart something before the fix comes into effect, IT IS NOT A HOTFIX.

Thank you

ps Batman Blizzard is the best ice cream ever

News Comments > Hitman Absolution Announced
1. Re: Hitman Absolution Revealed May 10, 2011, 14:00 Bludd

Blood Money was great, here's hoping this one will be a success!  

News Comments > Obsidian on Glitchy Games
1. Re: Obsidian on Glitchy Games May 9, 2011, 13:45 Bludd

New Vegas a good game, and much less glitchy and buggy with the latest patch. At least that is my experience.  

News Comments > Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed
1. Re: Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed May 3, 2011, 12:12 Bludd

I just started F:NV and I must say I am loving it. It feels more RPG than F3.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2011, 13:03 Bludd

reportaling is clearly a bug  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
2. Re: Quote of the Day Apr 29, 2011, 20:57 Bludd

Hear, hear! to the dude, not Prez.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Announced
25. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Announced Apr 29, 2011, 20:28 Bludd

Great news. I am eating my words here, because I genuinely thought it would be more hats and crap. Kudos Valve.  

News Comments > Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November
5. Re: Frostbitten Need for Speed The Run in November Apr 29, 2011, 12:25 Bludd

The Advocate wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 10:40:
I hope it is nothing like Hot Pursuit. That game sucked so much ass, it might as well have been developed by a scatophilia group.

Yep, it was drift drift drift. See a corner? To go fast, you have to drift! Oh, but you have this grippy Ferrari 458 which has a lot of downforce and a special differential? Well, you still have to drift!

Drifting may look spectacular, but it is usually not the fastest way around a corner, except maybe in rally.

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC This Summer
8. Re: Portal 2 DLC This Summer Apr 27, 2011, 20:22 Bludd

I am certainly looking forward to more hats and flags.  

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
51. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 13:33 Bludd

nin wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 12:15:
Bludd wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 12:09:
My biggest problem is the constant loading. Finish a room, and you have a loading elevator. I HAVE 6 GB RAM FFS!

That is annoying, and I attributed it to cross platform development.

But it's still not a show stopper for me.
Well, not really for cross platform. It is more of being able to quickly switch challenges around. It would be more work for them to make big levels with different challenges in a certain order instead of just making challenges as levels and then stringing each challenge between loading screens as they have done. I see why they have done it, but it is annyoing. I wish loading was faster, like they would stream the next level so it would load instantly.

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
21. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 12:09 Bludd

My biggest problem is the constant loading. Finish a room, and you have a loading elevator. I HAVE 6 GB RAM FFS!  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Apr 18, 2011, 16:38 Bludd

For the second time after I reinstalled Windows last time, these drivers wanted me to restart after install. I think it is because of it tried updating NVIDIA Update and they haven't coded a proper installer that can actually shut down NVIDIA Update before installing the update.

Edit: Also, when NVIDIA Update notifies you of a new driver version, it starts iexplore.exe when you click on it no matter if you have changed default browser.

Very annoying.

News Comments > Humble Frozenbyte Bundle Earns $500,000
5. Re: Humble Frozenbyte Bundle Earns $500,000 Apr 15, 2011, 08:05 Bludd

It's a good initiative. I hope they raise a lot of money.  

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo