Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 738 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch
10. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 20:56 Zyrxil

I thought it was great. Not amazing and perfect, but still very fun. Atmosphere counts for a lot to me, and I do love detective stories. Still, it's undeniable that the Interrogation system is flawed and the storytelling methods used (flashbacks, third person omniscient cutscenes) were bad.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Next Month
11. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 13:40 Zyrxil

Acleacius wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 12:45:
Zyrxil wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 11:28:
What? What the hell are you talking about? It's a Trials type DLC, very common. What does it have to do with the ending?
In the context of what I was saying, challenge maps are a copout from adding new content; i.e. branching story or different perspective ala Half-Life Opposing Force/Blueshift. Honestly don't care how common they are it's just a quicker release. It's more of a moneyplay for people who just buy dlc site unseen. There are people who just want to mash buttons and there are people who want to be entertained and/or learn something along the way.

Maybe it's just a difference of what platform you play on, until Horse Armor developers actually had to release new content good or bad. Many of us are still laughing at the idea someone was trying to charge us for Horse Armor. Att most experienced gamers were having nothing to do with it, but console gamers ate it up like a drug. Now we have challenge maps.

That's as close as I can get without spoiling the ending for those whom haven't finished.

You're completely rambling. First you complain that they designed new maps for this DLC instead of using it for story DLC, then you say it's a quick release ala Horse Armor, and finally you mention the ending again claiming to have explained things without actually saying anything.

7. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 12:04 Zyrxil

There will be another DLC involving Daud's son. Trial maps are fine. Perhaps overpriced, but it's a great for letting players play creatively with the powers.  

4. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 11:28 Zyrxil

Acleacius wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 11:14:
I was thinking DLC couldn't get any worst, than stripping parts out of the game to sell later. Too bad they didn't use these maps for a new story.

This is why many of us had major problems with the ending cutscenes.

What? What the hell are you talking about? It's a Trials type DLC, very common. What does it have to do with the ending?

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed
17. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 09:34 Zyrxil

A sequel already? Weren't they just talking about an expansion DLC? Maybe it was extra-expanded into a sequel I guess.

Fantaz wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 19:29:
This game is highly overrated... hell, I can make a game like this if i wanted to all by myself (without the music of course).

So do it. I feel like complaints about the success of relatively simple games to be like complaining about modern art because you don't really understand it. 'Wtf, Pollock is just throwing paint at canvas, I could do that.' The whole is more than the sum of its part- they put HM together and made the whole package work very very well. Without the music HM would be nowhere near as satisfying to play.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 in Development
9. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 12:29 Zyrxil

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 11:19:

Too bad all the cheating cocksuckers of the world feel the need to have their piss-ant dipshit names at the top of a leaderboard even though a braindead fucking monkey can see that they cheated to get it.
Hey, I legitimately made global top 50 times on around 5 of the maps. Obviously, I am an unstoppable keyboard parkour god!

Really though, they did delete those fake times for a while. I imagine the support petered out as the playerbase did. If when ME2 comes, Origin is still a thing, I imagine it'll be integrated somehow like BF3 leaderboards are. In that case, the very least EA can do is Origin-wide leaderboard account bans, so any hacked time bans the account from showing up on any leaderboard in any EA game.

News Comments > Hero-U Funded
2. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 11:42 Zyrxil

Why? The proposal was incredibly weak. They should've done like the Anachronox guys- realize it's not just a free cash grab for them to play with in the name of nostalgia, shut the whole thing down, and come back later with something more solid. As it is now, I think they have an extremely high chance of failure.  

News Comments > Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter
2. Re: Last Day for Hero-U Kickstarter Nov 19, 2012, 12:31 Zyrxil

Sell me on this. Why should I risk even $20 on a team who last worked on games 12 years ago? This seems like just another "Hey remember that thing you loved 20 years ago? Here's a huge list of vague promises, give us lots of money." project. If they wanted to make games, they've had plenty of opportunity since then. Or is it that they think they're too good to make a $30k game for release through an Indie publishing channel?  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
10. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Oct 21, 2012, 23:11 Zyrxil

If nothing else, they sure do know how to make a great trailer.
nin wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 13:48:
On the one hand it looks neat, but it also pretty much looks like a reskin of Bioshock (esp the opening scene, as the boat approaches a lighthouse, while the player looks at personal effects).
That's obviously an intentional callback to Bioshock 1 used to contrast where the lighthouse leads (up vs down).

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 10, 2012, 09:38 Zyrxil

InBlack wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 05:24:
Dishonored 15 posts on Blues (not counting my own). XCom over 80...

I do realize that Blues is an oldschooler site, but Im hoping that XCOM sells at least as much or even more than Dishonored as that will guarantee some kind of expansion or even a Terror from the Deep....

That's terrible of you. This is basically Thief 2 with magic abilities and even bigger levels. It just doesn't have an old school name.

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2
4. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2 Oct 8, 2012, 21:58 Zyrxil

This is...odd. What miniscule percentage of Project Eternity supporters weren't already funders of Wasteland 2?  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
5. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:18 Zyrxil

Why isn't Amazon payments a good choice? Granted Paypal probably has a higher userbase of people who use it for sending payments, but given all the horror stories about Paypal, and the fact that the userbase of 'people who've ever bought something on Amazon' is quite large, it doesn't seem like a bad choice at all.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person?
18. Re: XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person? Oct 1, 2012, 15:03 Zyrxil

All we had was a setting and a few cool monster effects. I can't fathom that being loathsome.

The monsters were absolutely loathsome. Who thought floating boxes and splashing black slime would be good enemies? I really liked the faux 50s aesthetic when it was first revealed, but everything else was bad.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
3. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 12:44 Zyrxil

Assasin's Creed meets Darkness meets Fallout? Confused....

Thief meets Deus Ex meets Bioshock 'magic' plus an extra dose of steampunk.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/dishonored/

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
4. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 11:41 Zyrxil

Yeah, I don't know why it has a cult following either. It was very pretty and seemed to have an interesting universe behind it, but as an actual game it was fairly mediocre.  

News Comments > BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage
19. Re: BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage Sep 11, 2012, 16:11 Zyrxil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_spotting#Legal_ramifications

Apparently the Greeks are fucking insane about this sort of thing. Rah-rah throw out the Turks, we're still globally relevant type Insane.

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
3. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 10, 2012, 21:39 Zyrxil

Ouroboros is a part of a lot of things though, and the teaser quote implies a fantasy setting.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
25. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 7, 2012, 11:19 Zyrxil

Qbex . wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:52:
YES , it does :
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii586/qbex12/1bec47fc.jpg

Only works in EU.

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming
2. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 16, 2012, 22:14 Zyrxil

Really I can't imagine that they had any reason for releasing the game with the original awful art-style, besides lack of funds. It was completely slammed in comments on Indie sites for all the previews months before the game was released.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
7. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 16:32 Zyrxil

No I don't want another fucking client. If they do a web-store, it's something I'd consider, but no, absolutely not another client because they all feel like they need to have their own Achievement and Social system  

738 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo