Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2
4. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Adds Wasteland 2 Oct 8, 2012, 21:58 Zyrxil

This is...odd. What miniscule percentage of Project Eternity supporters weren't already funders of Wasteland 2?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
5. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 11:18 Zyrxil

Why isn't Amazon payments a good choice? Granted Paypal probably has a higher userbase of people who use it for sending payments, but given all the horror stories about Paypal, and the fact that the userbase of 'people who've ever bought something on Amazon' is quite large, it doesn't seem like a bad choice at all.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person?
18. Re: XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person? Oct 1, 2012, 15:03 Zyrxil

All we had was a setting and a few cool monster effects. I can't fathom that being loathsome.

The monsters were absolutely loathsome. Who thought floating boxes and splashing black slime would be good enemies? I really liked the faux 50s aesthetic when it was first revealed, but everything else was bad.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
3. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 12:44 Zyrxil

Assasin's Creed meets Darkness meets Fallout? Confused....

Thief meets Deus Ex meets Bioshock 'magic' plus an extra dose of steampunk.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/dishonored/

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
4. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 11:41 Zyrxil

Yeah, I don't know why it has a cult following either. It was very pretty and seemed to have an interesting universe behind it, but as an actual game it was fairly mediocre.  

News Comments > BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage
19. Re: BIS Devs Arrested for Espionage Sep 11, 2012, 16:11 Zyrxil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_spotting#Legal_ramifications

Apparently the Greeks are fucking insane about this sort of thing. Rah-rah throw out the Turks, we're still globally relevant type Insane.

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
3. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 10, 2012, 21:39 Zyrxil

Ouroboros is a part of a lot of things though, and the teaser quote implies a fantasy setting.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
25. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 7, 2012, 11:19 Zyrxil

Qbex . wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:52:
YES , it does :
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii586/qbex12/1bec47fc.jpg

Only works in EU.

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming
2. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 16, 2012, 22:14 Zyrxil

Really I can't imagine that they had any reason for releasing the game with the original awful art-style, besides lack of funds. It was completely slammed in comments on Indie sites for all the previews months before the game was released.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
7. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 16:32 Zyrxil

No I don't want another fucking client. If they do a web-store, it's something I'd consider, but no, absolutely not another client because they all feel like they need to have their own Achievement and Social system  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2012, 20:54 Zyrxil

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 17:28:
Eh... I dunno. If you only get 1 shot at a patch and you mess it up knowing that it is going to cost you to fix it you'd think that patch would be bullet-proof.

It is not like they have to test against a million different pieces of hardware like you do on PC.

I'm confused as to why the testing process didn't catch the bug in the first place though. Isn't that what they are paid to do? Seems like the error is mutual and he should get to put his patch back up free.

1- Modern games are super complex, even if they're not AAA titles. It's a gameplay bug, not a hardware related crash. It's not reasonable to think a game can be completely bug free.

2- MS Certification, AFAIK, is only to make sure your patch doesn't melt your console or cause crashes. Again, it's a gameplay bug, and there's certainly no way MS patch certification guys could check for that.

News Comments > New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears
3. Re: New BioWare F2P Announcement Nears Jul 11, 2012, 10:53 Zyrxil

Bopper wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:35:
R.I.P Bioware

Anyone ever played any F2P game that was actually good? That isn't World of Tanks?

You're like a couple years behind the times. League of Legends was just pronounced the most played game in the world. Team Fortress 2 has been F2P for quite a long time now. F2P games were allowed onto Steam last year.

News Comments > Vanguard F2P Details
4. Re: Vanguard F2P Details Jul 3, 2012, 23:55 Zyrxil

There were a lot of things to like about Vanguard- the classes, the cities, the huge non-instanced landscapes, the crafting, the very and unique Diplomacy 'card game' that revealed a lot of extra story. Hwever all of that was tied to an absolutely atrocious engine. The game has just godawful animations, an insanely low view distance, terrible models and textures, completely unreasonable low framerates on high powered machines, and general lack of polish in absolutely everything. I loved it, but you couldn't pay me to go back if engine and graphics wise it's still even 25% the same.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2012, 11:31 Zyrxil

Hitchhiker writing book called ‘Kindness in America’ shot.

New title: Goddamn drunk assholes in Montana.

News Comments > Sacrilegium Announced
1. Re: Sacrilegium Announced Jun 6, 2012, 09:49 Zyrxil

That name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2012, 09:48 Zyrxil

Huh. Didn't know Seagate bought Samsung's HDD business. Also thought Seagate bought WD a few years ago.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
6. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 14:02 Zyrxil

Darks wrote on May 29, 2012, 13:18:
Rattlehead wrote on May 29, 2012, 13:09:
first

So!

Can anyone explain to me why would Blizz take an ability that had only 2 seconds to begin with and now reduce it to one second? How does this make any logical sense? I mean by the time you activate it, it’s over. There’s no benefit whatsoever for having an ability like this when it’s been nerfed to shit. This type of skill I do not waste my time with if it has no benefit at all to you or the party. blizz sucks ass!

Or you know, there could be legitimate reasons. People were doing 4 monk parties and by cycling multiple abilities among party members, managing to achieve total immunity to all damage and negative effects 90% of the time. So Blizz reduced the major immunity skill's duration. 1 second is still plenty of time to make your party immune to a Act Boss mega damage ability.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 25, 2012, 11:51 Zyrxil

What an idiotic study. Should read "Training with gun-shaped lightgun controllers makes it easier to learn how to use real guns"  

News Comments > Republique Kickstarter Ending
19. Re: Republique Kickstarter Ending May 11, 2012, 10:55 Zyrxil

Jerykk wrote on May 10, 2012, 22:59:
While the game is clearly designed for iOS, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be a shitty game. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery was also designed for iOS and from what I've heard, it's pretty great. From what I've seen of Republique, it looks like it would work fine with a mouse using a simple point and click interface. The devs have talked about redesigning some elements for the PC version but even if they just resort to point-and-clicking, I'm fine with that.

S&S is interesting, but it's pretty much an artpiece, not any game in the classic sense. Music and atmosphere make up the majority of the experience.

News Comments > Republique Kickstarter Ending
18. Re: Republique Kickstarter Ending May 11, 2012, 10:53 Zyrxil

Teddy wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:46:
Zyrxil wrote on May 10, 2012, 21:45:
MGS Halo FEAR are not 'ideas' properties, and people who worked on them simply do not deserve any public funding.

So no one, out of the HUNDREDS of people who worked on those games could possibly have an original idea that's worth investing in? None of them? Why is that exactly? Because YOU didn't like the games, everyone involved from the lead designer to the interns fetching coffee are now to be blacklisted?

Some people just amaze me with the idiocy they can spew.

'Blacklisted'? Check your own retardation first. Kickstarter is public funding, and the public certainly has no power to blacklist anyone. If they want to do "Epic Action Stealth Game, but on Mobile!", they can shop it to Publishers because that's where you get funding for Mainstream Game Proposal #1728. You don't request 500k of Kickstart money for Halo 5 to show interest to Microsoft, and you don't do it for some shit like Republique.

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo