Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 738 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > X-Men Game Talent
2. Re: Hoofah Mar 27, 2006, 13:37 Zyrxil

Oh yeah, another cheapass Beenox PC port. How do these guys get work?! Never mind, answered my own question.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
1. Oh Hell Yes Mar 2, 2006, 13:07 Zyrxil

Finalllyyyyyyyyy
Another month to ship though? Argh!

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 13:08.

News Comments > RE4, Onimusha 3 & DMC 3 for PCs
16. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2006, 16:18 Zyrxil

Holy crap, Nice. Almost predictable too, when you consider Capcom ports stuff to PC all the time, and absolutely never advertises such ports.

News Comments > Call of Duty 2 Patch
3. Re: What about AMD users!!??? Dec 23, 2005, 01:30 Zyrxil

There are no Intel dual-core systems, so it has to mean AMD dual core. As for the rest of the press release, it's complete BS. Improve performance my ass, before it simply didn't work on Dual-core systems. Oh it would run, but checkpoints randomly wouldn't trigger, game scripts wouldn't run, basically impossible to play. Eff you Infinity. That's what we get for buying a PC version of a 360 launch title I guess. Ironic as hell since the 360 is a multiple core system.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 01:31.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2005, 02:22 Zyrxil

No no no no, they're walking off with big donations, the MPAA, RIAA, Sony, etc., are walking off with your rights.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Double Agent Announced
5. Re: Cool. Dec 14, 2005, 13:03 Zyrxil

Someone needs to go back in time and cancel that 007 game so they can use the Rogue Agent subtitle for SC4.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Double Agent Spied
8. Re: another splinter cell? Dec 4, 2005, 18:53 Zyrxil

The green lights are more to let the player see where Fisher is, but yeah, it's stupid. They should go with a Thief 3 approach, and light him up with subtle shaders.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - X3: Reunion
32. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2005, 18:55 Zyrxil

For those of you who are actually considering getting it, I'd step back and pause to read impressions of the already-shipped UK version available on the net. Notable points:

-Mostly X2 with an updated graphics engine
-Most changes skin deep
-Complete and utter performance killer
-Plot still written by the braindead
-"Streamlined" UI still crappy, except now without the keyboard shortcuts
-buggy as hell.
-Combat is actually fun this time, though.

News Comments > Prince of Persia The Two Thrones Date
8. Re: Great stories, especially the first Nov 4, 2005, 12:16 Zyrxil

I found both of Ubi's PoPs to work perfectly well with a keyboard and a 5-button mouse, though the camera colliding with walls was -very- annoying, not that that part was any better on consoles. Seriously, why the hell can console devs never get the third person camera right??

As for gameplay style, the only thing that annoyed me about the second one was the prince's personality, and the oh-so crappy music. Especially the music. Someone kill the bastard who decided the Prince needed to be darker with a Godsmack theme. I liked the combat, there wasn't that much more than in the first one, there was just a lot of backtracking.

News Comments > Prince of Persia The Two Thrones Date
1. Totally forgot about this game Nov 3, 2005, 17:42 Zyrxil

Well, after I'm through with FEAR, since Oblivion isn't here anytime soon, it's a perfect fit.

News Comments > Chrome SpecForce Dated
5. Re: No subject Oct 26, 2005, 01:40 Zyrxil

Hasn't this game been published 3 times now?

News Comments > Hitman Movie Writer Named
8. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2005, 23:30 Zyrxil

He's not too big at all. Too built though. 47 needs to be 6'5'', and a normal menacing look. Stratham doesn't fit that. I've never seen an actor that does.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Amazing Oct 21, 2005, 14:37 Zyrxil

He's right! Live Arcade is the place to be! There's nowhere else at all you can do something like that, no sir, not even gaming sites on that there Intar-web!

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Announced
2. Re: Meh Oct 8, 2005, 18:06 Zyrxil

Light-bloom...IN SPAACCCEEEEEEE

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Creston wears shoulder pads... Sep 22, 2005, 17:25 Zyrxil

Related to the Booming Broadband story:

US broadband adoption rate slows
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050922-5340.html

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: MP? Aug 11, 2005, 12:48 Zyrxil

The JustPressPlay link is just a review of the Demo, not a preview. However, it does serve as a shining example of why you shouldn't start a game review website just because you can. A 12 year old could have written a more professional article. The thing is filled with gems like

"... sorry I forgot the name of this gun, I was too into the rest of the game."
and

"I played this one was running on a 2.2Ghz Pentium 4 processor and a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 graphics card and the auto detect feature in the video settings automatically set everything to low detail for me. Thus I won't be talking about the graphics much, but from what I've seen the trailers and screenshots the game looks superb."

Excellent work! I just need to talk to the pimply Gamestop guy and I'll know everything there is to know about FEAR!

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 12:52.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: BiA shots Aug 11, 2005, 12:41 Zyrxil

Oh boy, I can't wait to see how you play MP with Thompsons that can't hit anything past 5 yards.

News Comments > The Late Show
7. Re: Project Offset Aug 9, 2005, 02:07 Zyrxil

Oh man, that is beautiful. Oblivion should be using this engine. And the motion blur is nice and subtle, unlike other attempts in other games (GTA).

7. Re: Oblivion Jun 26, 2005, 09:27 Zyrxil

Love or hate Picard, Patrick Stewart has one of the most recognizable/distinctive voices in the world.

Edit: Oh, and Guild Wars has NOTHING on the bloom we've seen on the outdoor-forest Oblivion shots. Vaseline city.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 09:29.

4. Re: Oblivion Jun 25, 2005, 00:44 Zyrxil

From the trailer, Stewart is the voice of Uriel Septim VII...but we know he dies almost right away, setting off the search for the true Heir. How does 5 minutes of speech translate into a leading role??

738 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo