Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 744 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Developer Choice Awards
4. Re: Game Developer Choice Awards Mar 26, 2009, 09:32 Zyrxil

Fallout 3 awarded for writing, what a joke.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Announced
3. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 09:58 Zyrxil

This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever.

I don't even know how that's possible. That guy just can't get a break.

News Comments > Men of War NA Ships, Campaign Generator
7. Re: Men of War NA Ships, Campaign Generator Mar 17, 2009, 16:11 Zyrxil

Nope, never heard of it. Gamersgate is my other DD service of choice - clientless and will reset Securom activations for you no questions asked - but for some reason they're selling it for 39.99 instead of 29.99. I ended up buying from Amazon together with WiC.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2009, 15:10 Zyrxil

"NEW YORK, New York - March 5, 2009 - Freeverse and MrJoy announced today that they are donating their <strike>smash hit</strike> obscure Tower Defense game, Hordes of Orcs, to the non-profit Games For Soldiers organization. Freeverse hopes this transaction, which occurred at almost no cost to them, since all 20,000 were Digital copies, will drum up some cheap publicity, make for a nice press release, and provide a tax-write off in the likely event the game bombs."

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2009, 15:11.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC EndWar
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC EndWar Feb 25, 2009, 19:40 Zyrxil

Dawn of War 2 before, Empire:TW after, yeah, real smart delayed release there, Ubisoft.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 19, 2009, 10:59 Zyrxil

It's not.  

News Comments > StarCraft 2 Status
2. Re: StarCraft 2 Status Feb 17, 2009, 09:58 Zyrxil

Obviously, the greatest game companies never hit their release dates, even if they waffle about declaring one until the last second. Therefore, Duke Nukem Forever is going to cure cancer.  

News Comments > UT3 Gets Steamy
29. Re: UT3 Gets Steamy Jan 30, 2009, 00:29 Zyrxil

Now they need to put it on sale for a steam weekend, and I'll bite.

You know it was available for $9.99 during the Christmas sale, right? They even ran out of CD-Keys at one point.

News Comments > Men of War Closed Beta Test
1. Re: Men of War Closed Beta Test Jan 26, 2009, 10:08 Zyrxil

I am so confused. Is this a sequel to Faces of War? Wasn't that supposed to be the sequel to Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, not this game?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
42. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Jan 25, 2009, 02:52 Zyrxil

You know, you can still use the firetruck hose in GTAIV.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jan 22, 2009, 20:20 Zyrxil

I hope these really optimize the physx in Mirror's Edge so I can actually play with physx enabled on a 9800GT w/out it being a slideshow.

The Physx already works fine, the problem is that Mirror's Edge isn't detecting Physx support correctly.

Uninstall your current Nvidia Physx installation (Most important step), then install the latest version from
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0010_whql.html

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2009, 20:21.

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Up
12. Re: Ubisoft Sales Up Jan 22, 2009, 14:33 Zyrxil

And Far Cry 2, despite some serious shortcomings, contributed a lot to the genre

Say what now? Open world shooters have been around for years before Far Cry 2. The Health system - segmented regenerating health, was lifted from Chronicles of Riddick. Fire and degenerating weapons were lifted from Call of Juarez. Embodiment in the character, I assume you mean where the camera and animations are in the body of the character and not just floating, have also been done plenty before, e.g in Thief 3, Chronicles of Riddick, Call of Juarez, etc.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Afterthoughts
3. Re: Mirror's Edge Afterthoughts Jan 22, 2009, 12:49 Zyrxil

It works fine on PC, better than a gamepad really. Detail settings are somewhat sparse, but it runs well, is stable, has AA, etc. The main complaints about the game are that it's extremely short. Like maybe 1.5x the length of Portal, and sometimes it gets bogged down with guys shooting at you. I still thought it was damn fun and quite innovative.  

News Comments > On Metacritic Scores
16. Re: On Metacritic Scores Jan 20, 2009, 16:24 Zyrxil

Far Cry 2 scored 86 on PC, 85 on consoles. That highlights the opposite - that a lot of hype can't generate high review scores.
What that highlights is the hype dying down. For the first month it was way up there, with choice quotes like "I'm unable to go back to straight and simple first-person shooters. Far Cry 2 hasnít just exceeded my expectations, itís blown them away." from reviewers given exclusive first looks, playing the game under primed conditions, and writing reviews with adrenaline still in their veins. Hype is what companies do when such a large percentage of game sales happen in the first week of release.

It was obviously CGI in the movie, regardless of whether there was an actual model for some scenes. It was cringe-worthy when Batman rode it up a wall to spin it around on the spot. The Batpod was the cheesiest part of the entire film.
See link again - it was not CGI. They built a working motorcycle that operated completely differently from normal bikes. The seat spinning? Also 100% functional and not CGI.

In order to give Batman the ability to maneuver under low clearances, the Bat-Pod can physically lower and elongate itself. On set, the front forks extended and the chassis hugged the ground, positioning Goy parallel to the groundóand that's before pulling a 360. "The saddle is free to rotate," Crowley says. "It allows you to do all kinds of odd movement within the frame of the bike."

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2009, 16:25.

News Comments > On Metacritic Scores
10. Re: On Metacritic Scores Jan 20, 2009, 15:50 Zyrxil

It doesn't really matter where the scale starts though as a game still needs to be very good to get the top scores.
Is that a joke? A 10 million dollar marketing campaign and lots of hype is all that you need to get 90+ scores. See Far Cry 2.

The Dark Knight was a similar case - some incredibly well done scenes (Two-Face, at least for the most part) and some very weak scene (anything involving the bat-bike)
You mean the Bat-pod? The one that wasn't CGI at all?

News Comments > Preorder Empire: TW, Get Rome: TW Free
3. Re: Preorder Empire: TW Preorder, Get Rome: TW Free Jan 14, 2009, 10:23 Zyrxil

Yeah, Steam's had this offer for quite a while now. I really don't understand who these people are who buy from D2D (and EA's distribution service, and Atari's, etc, etc). Assuming you're ok with digital distribution, what reason is there not to buy from Steam? I mean, all the services have the same prices, so that's not an issue.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Beta This Month
8. Re: Dawn of War II Beta This Month Jan 8, 2009, 17:52 Zyrxil

GTA 4's problems on PC were due to practically everything else *but* GFW Live

Uh, may I remind you that GTAIV multiplayer is nigh unplayable with 10+ players if pedestrians and cars are turned on, due directly to GFW Live and lack of dedicated server software.

News Comments > Godfather II Next Month, Preorder Details
5. Re: Godfather II Next Month, Preorder Details Jan 8, 2009, 15:51 Zyrxil

It was fun, it just not very deep, nor was it compelling, story/character-wise. $25-30 territory, not pre-order worthy. Besides, there'll be tiny unlocker program made within 2 days of the game release.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2009, 15:52.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Plans
2. Re: World of Warcraft Change Plans Dec 12, 2008, 11:54 Zyrxil

The mount thing is kind of stupid...because it looks really really stupid.  

News Comments > 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 1
3. Re: 2008: The Year in Lists, Part 1 Dec 8, 2008, 19:48 Zyrxil

Well, it's more selective than "All of 2008's games randomly reordered in a list" from The Telegraph.  

744 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo