Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 743 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > On Battle.net 2.0 Fee Speculation
12. Re: On Battle.net 2.0 Fee Speculation Jun 5, 2009, 14:41 Zyrxil

That's absolutely ridiculous. There's no difference between buying online and buying in-store in terms of what you get these days.

Also, I have to wonder, what would you even do on B.net if you don't own D3/SC2?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dante's Inferno Protest Faked
2. Re: Dante's Inferno Protest Faked Jun 5, 2009, 09:16 Zyrxil

No, just lame.  

News Comments > PC Street Fighter IV Interview
6. Re: PC Street Fighter IV Interview Jun 3, 2009, 12:06 Zyrxil

I can't see the port not being solid, if you have a decent machine, since the arcade machines (Taito X^2) are PCs running embedded Windows XP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_Type_X#Taito_Type_X.C2.B2

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
29. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 19:24 Zyrxil

I don't really care if it's called Super Duper Laser Rifle 3000 or Laser Rifle X, it's just weapon stats underneath the name anyways.

That's part of the problem, the same weapon stats underneath. The weapon design was a boring "+5% dmg" per roman numeral rank. This is obviously inferior to individually designed weapons with interesting descriptions ala Fallout (which makes every upgrade meaningful), or extremely varied number of randomly generated weapons ala Diablo (which makes drops exciting).

This comment was edited on May 29, 2009, 19:25.

News Comments > Homefront Revealed
3. Re: Homefront Revealed May 27, 2009, 16:53 Zyrxil

Wait what? North Korean occupation, not Russian or Chinese? How does that make any sense at all, even in fiction?  

News Comments > TF2 Sniper Update Thursday
20. Re: ViRGE May 19, 2009, 19:46 Zyrxil

And no, the videos are CG, not in-game. Sure, they use ASSETS from the game, but not the game engine itself. They render it frame by frame but it's set up to LOOK something like the game. Last time I checked, TF2 doesn't have volumetric lighting or true shadows. Both features are plentiful in the Spy video.

Exactly the opposite. It's done in engine with higher quality models and lighting effects. You can very clearly see the creation process in action with the creation of the Left4Dead intro video, which was done by the same team that does the Meet the...Videos: http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2081

Show me where in the youtube version you could even tell it had been changed. I think you guys are trippin on some good shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN4cRDEYalw at 0:05, you can see in the corner where the "Leaked Video" box should be has different spacing. To illustrate: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w229/zyrxil/blowup.png . You can see where I circled in red is the space between words, which is clearly to the Left of center black line between the boxes. Compare with http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/763/18039184.jpg , where the spacing in the Leaked Video box is clearly to the right of the black line.

Yeah, because they never would lie to us. Robin Walker said that over 100 people have been fired over this incident. Because Robin never lies to us.
Jesus Christ, do you not know what self-deprecating humor is? Stavros the Greek intern? It's a joke and everyone is in on it except you, apparently.

News Comments > TF2 Sniper Update Thursday
13. Re: TF2 Sniper Update Thursday May 19, 2009, 01:57 Zyrxil

Uh, the only conspiracy theory is that the video was leaked on purpose. They do these completely in engine, it wouldn't take them long at all to redo those few seconds.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Movie
1. Re: Mass Effect 2 Movie May 15, 2009, 21:56 Zyrxil

How is it even possible to have a greater emphasis on combat than Mass Effect?  

News Comments > Empire: Time of Troubles Announced
3. Re: Empire: Time of Troubles Announced May 12, 2009, 12:28 Zyrxil

A war game called Empire involving turn-based gameplay as large nations. Yeah, that isn't asking for legal troubles or anything.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Multiplayer Details
5. Re: BioShock 2 Multiplayer Details May 8, 2009, 12:23 Zyrxil

How much "co", though? All of their solo efforts have been the definition of generic and mediocre.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis Maximum Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis Maximum Edition May 5, 2009, 12:41 Zyrxil

I'm surprised they didn't call it Maximum Crysis.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DRM-Free Cryostasis
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - DRM-Free Cryostasis Apr 28, 2009, 12:09 Zyrxil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryostasis_(clathrate_hydrates)
"Cryostasis is the reversible cryopreservation of live biological objects."

Which accurately reflects the themes of the game. Trademark infringement on that is a huggggeeee stretch.

News Comments > GameFly vs. USPS
12. Re: GameFly vs. USPS Apr 24, 2009, 17:09 Zyrxil

People don't seem to have read the actual article. The main points are:

#1. They tried paying for more protective packaging and it didn't help.
#2. Netflix and Blockbuster using the same service are receiving preferential sorting, and Gamefly has not been able to get the same deal from the USPS.

It doesn't have anything to do with how shitty USPS is or isn't. Besides which, Fedex and UPS aren't any better, and DHL is clearly shittier than all other services.

News Comments > Champions Online Dated
2. Re: Champions Online Dated Apr 24, 2009, 09:55 Zyrxil

3 months? It doesn't look anywhere near ready. If they're rushing like this, either it will crash and burn ala Conan, or simply have no content like CoH.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2009, 11:16 Zyrxil

Huh. I completely parsed that as "anti drug-education".  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 8, 2009, 17:30 Zyrxil

"Dragonica"? Reealllly?  

News Comments > Dragon Age DLC Plans
1. Re: Dragon Age DLC Plans Apr 6, 2009, 20:39 Zyrxil

You have to remember that video game consumers are some of the smartest, most connected people on the planet. You canít trick them with anything, so donít even try.

Ah, the "Flatter them into a state of non-alertness to trick em" plan.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Teaser
12. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Teaser Apr 6, 2009, 20:14 Zyrxil

I don't care if Assassin's Creed 2 has enough content for 5 games, it deserves to sell 100k copies total for the bullshit that was Assassin's Creed. Seriously, 6 million copies? That's a lot of people for the Terrible Taste Death Camps.  

News Comments > On Beyond Good & Evil 2
3. Re: On Beyond Good & Evil 2 Apr 3, 2009, 13:43 Zyrxil

But now, with the next-gen consoles, we feel it is possible to develop the game we thought of for the first.

Fear this. This statement immediately brings to mind a similar statement by Chris Avellone that he would've made Planescape: Torment "less wordy" if he had better tools to fulfill his vision. Sometimes the classics are made due to chance and limitations. Better, more powerful tools don't mean better games.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2009, 13:59.

News Comments > Game Developer Choice Awards
4. Re: Game Developer Choice Awards Mar 26, 2009, 09:32 Zyrxil

Fallout 3 awarded for writing, what a joke.  

743 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo