Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA IV DLC to PC?
1. Re: GTA IV DLC to PC? Nov 10, 2009, 10:17 Zyrxil

Regardless of performance issues and 'journalists' completely overhyping the quality and of writing of the original game, the two DLC episodes look really interesting. Proper $30 expansions instead of nickel and dimed crap. I really hope they're coming to PC.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patched
30. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patched Nov 6, 2009, 14:19 Zyrxil

and where is the Toolkit? I want to mod this... ^^

http://social.bioware.com/toolset.php#downloads

7. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patched Nov 6, 2009, 10:59 Zyrxil

It has limited scaling, e.g. minimum level scaled to and maximum level scaled to. BG2 also had this.  

News Comments > Reakktor Recovers
1. Re: Reakktor Recovers Nov 6, 2009, 10:56 Zyrxil

Should be 'Reakktor Rekovers'. You're slipping, Blue!  

1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patched Nov 6, 2009, 10:25 Zyrxil

There are reports of the patch breaking the launcher (though a direct shortcut to daorigins.exe still works) because it was built using a newer version of MS VC++ 2005 libraries. Install up to date version from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 10:25.

News Comments > Video Game Survey Results
3. Re: Video Game Survey Results Nov 5, 2009, 10:44 Zyrxil

Inter-esting Stuff! Apparently Germans hate MMOs, even with PC reigning supreme there.  

News Comments > WoW Microtransactions Begin
5. Re: WoW Microtransactions Begin Nov 4, 2009, 16:52 Zyrxil

I don't really can't think of a good excuse for bitching about microtransactions in a game for something that is entirely cosmetic.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2009, 16:52.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Conviction Collector's Edition
5. Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Collector's Edition Nov 4, 2009, 01:41 Zyrxil

I thought this game was cancelled for PC?
No, the PS3 version was canceled, PC version confirmed as existing at same time.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2009, 01:41.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2009, 10:17 Zyrxil

'Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 2' "benefits" from 'NCIS' "writer".

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 1, 2009, 13:07 Zyrxil

That's pretty impressive, that Borderlands is still outselling both Valve and Bioware's games, despite their fanbases, and Gearbox's lack of fanbase.  

News Comments > AvP and Dedicated Servers
3. Re: AvP and Dedicated Servers Oct 27, 2009, 13:58 Zyrxil

Like he said its very expensive to run these servers and in these economic times Im not expecting it..
Are you dense? The companies don't run anything. Gamers and Communities are the ones that pay to host the servers. They just have to make the dedicated server files available.

the publishers/developer to more control content, cheating etc....
Content is the only point, and laziness if there's no content to be controlled. Cheating is not something that is affected by having/not having dedicated servers. If anything, cheating is worse when you don't have admins from the clan/community, and have to rely on some paid guys reviewing log files every 2 weeks.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2009, 14:00.

News Comments > Zenimax Eyeing Valve?
6. Re: Zenimax Eyeing Valve? Oct 26, 2009, 11:40 Zyrxil

Where would they get the cash? Zenimax isn't some mega huge publisher, it's just a shell company Bethesda founded when they started to try to get into other things than just games. Valve is every bit as successful if not more successful than Bethesda has been. And again, there's no reason why Valve would sell.  

News Comments > 100 Million Need for Speed Sales
8. Re: 100 Million Need for Speed Sales Oct 21, 2009, 14:42 Zyrxil

I've only ever played one of these games, and that was for a race or two before I got bored. The 100 million mark deserves at least mild applause, but if there are no guns or hapless civilians, one NFS is the same as another NFS to me.

So you played a racing game and were disappointed it wasn't GTA or Carmageddon? That's the most pointless complaint you can make.

News Comments > Saboteur Preorder Bonus
2. Re: Saboteur Preorder Bonus Oct 13, 2009, 11:29 Zyrxil

Nothing I've seen in trailers, gameplay or otherwise, has convinced me this game is anything but a stealth-light generic sandbox game that tries to make up for its shortcomings with artistic style. 10 bucks says it bombs.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
28. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans Oct 7, 2009, 21:18 Zyrxil

There is a long held belief that main game content is being removed and sold separately. This is not the case. The content is being developed in parallel by a dedicated team.

When the content is ready for Day 1 download, what's is there any difference between the main game content and content designed/coded at exact the same time? Do you arbitrarily move some guys to a different room and declare it a separate Parallel, as opposed to all the other teams working on other areas also in parallel? What happens when you decide maybe another town was also made in parallel?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
11. Re: OFP Dragon Rising Ships Oct 6, 2009, 11:37 Zyrxil

The reviews are all over the place. Half say it's polished and impressive, others say the campaign is short, terrible, too small and CoD-like, and too checkpoint based with stupid stuff like respawning team members.  

News Comments > Queen DLC for Rock Band
10. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:39 Zyrxil

Seriously, how did Bohemian Rhapsody not make the list? Did the rights owners decide since it's the most popular song to charge 100x the licensing fee or something?

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2009, 16:40.

News Comments > The Incredible Machine Series Bought, Reissued
9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 1, 2009, 15:59 Zyrxil

Instead of buying Incredible Machines or whatever, buy Crazy Machines 2 instead.

The medal and replay system of Crazy Machines 2 pissed me off to no end. While I'm being pissy, I'll mention the menus are also horribly designed and the graphics engine rather unoptimized.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2009, 12:38 Zyrxil

It's not; they're having weekend half off sale on FEAR 2.  

News Comments > New Releases
1. Re: New Releases Sep 26, 2009, 14:05 Zyrxil

"Ben There, Dan That" is freeware, always has been.  

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo