Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 745 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer
6. Re: BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer Jan 17, 2010, 01:19 Zyrxil

The GEICO Cavemen wrote on Jan 16, 2010, 23:45:
Can't wait for this game, it's gonna be awesome. Maybe I should get around to playing ME1?
Why are you so enthusiastic about a sequel to a game that hasn't interested you enough for you to have played it even two years after its release?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity II - Ego Draconis EU Patches
1. Re: Divinity II - Ego Draconis EU Patches Jan 15, 2010, 14:38 Zyrxil

The US versions probably had a lot of it on disc already, due to the later release date.  

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Trailer
4. Re: Just Cause 2 Trailer Jan 15, 2010, 14:24 Zyrxil

Meh, it's not like Just Cause 1 didn't have options. That wasn't the problem with the game. It just didn't have a lot of situations for you to use those options. It had too few missions, and almost all of them were boring, and it was over too soon. The story never sent you to 75% of the map because they were all identical cut&pasted cities spread over a ton of jungle.

More action isn't what it needs, it's much much much more content.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
7. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jan 14, 2010, 09:47 Zyrxil

Techie714 wrote on Jan 13, 2010, 23:55:
Hmm, nothing about demo men & those damn swords being WAY over powered?
Not that we're surprised you're completely wrong or anything, but the demo's sword isn't any more powerful than other melee weapons despite a slightly longer hit range. Only the Shield's strength was ever a subject for debate.

mag wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 09:05:
Also, I've only been hit with a DH while in the air once. Did you guys really get minicrits that often? That thing is way OP, though. I finally unlocked it a couple of nights ago and my k-d ratio immediately tripled.
If you play with low skill players, no, you won't see many airshots. But competitive players have been doing airshots with the normal RL for a long time, and the DH's faster speed lowers the skill needed for airshots by quite a bit, so plenty of players can do it if they practice just a little.

As for OP, the lack of splash damage hurts plenty. Even in small player count matches, no splash means you lose the ability to effectively spam chokepoints when defending, pre-fire at corners, kill scouts with anything but a direct hit, and make effective use of Kritzkriegs.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2010, 09:48.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Soldier Trailer and Q&As
2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Soldier Trailer and Q&A Jan 13, 2010, 10:36 Zyrxil

You pick another, because the classes have been revamped.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 11, 2010, 23:12 Zyrxil

What the hell, a reboot after less than a decade? And not even because the release movies weren't well received (Hulk)? /headdesk /headdesk /headdesk  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jan 8, 2010, 11:21 Zyrxil

The "lying" piece is a pretty simple opinion that I've held. If you can sell any piece of crap to the masses with the right marketing, then you can make the actual game for the hardcores. Of course that doesn't work out in real life, as making the actual game for the hardcores takes more effort and money.

"Gamesradar: Are some gaming websites staffed by complete morons and/or 18 year old consoletards?" Signs point to No Shit.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2010, 11:25.

News Comments > Infinity Ward off Modern Warfare 3?
10. Re: Infinity Ward off Modern Warfare 3? Jan 7, 2010, 13:11 Zyrxil

When they had a war movie shtick. Michael Bay doesn't do war movies.  

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
11. Re: Game Reviews Jan 7, 2010, 09:35 Zyrxil

BobBob wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 09:01:
The developer confesses to being completely clueless on how to fix their own product. Runic Games is the former developer of the Hellgate: London (known as FlagShip Studios).

"Runic Games is a computer game company formed by Travis Baldree (creator of Fate), Max Schaefer and Erich Schaefer (co-founders of Blizzard North), and the Flagship Studios Seattle team responsible for Mythos. Following the dissolution of Flagship Studios in 2008, all 14 members of the Seattle team signed onto Runic Games, and the company recently finished developing Torchlight, an action role-playing game similar to their previous project Mythos."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_Games

Will history repeat?
Your own Wiki-quote says that no one in Runic actually worked on Hellgate.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Info Nears
2. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Info Nears Jan 6, 2010, 13:12 Zyrxil

Oh hell, it's in the same terribly ugly engine. Sigh, more "human" faces, stick figure animation, etc.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2010, 13:12.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Vanguard Profile
5. Re: Mass Effect 2 Vanguard Profile Jan 6, 2010, 12:10 Zyrxil

That's not a good thing. It was hard to tell when you were in (automatically triggered) melee range and it had a fairly long reswing time.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wings of Prey
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Wings of Prey Dec 25, 2009, 13:38 Zyrxil

Well this doesn't seem very smart, releasing the game with a name no one's going to know it by, and only on a digital distributor no one's every heard of...  

News Comments > TF2 Bots Beta
4. Re: TF2 Bots Beta Dec 22, 2009, 10:34 Zyrxil

If there were no limits, bots would have instantaneous reactions to everything, including stuff happening behind them/out of sight, and would never miss with hitscan weapons.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Dec 19, 2009, 00:21 Zyrxil

I don't know, bug fixes that result in server crashes seem like a bad idea.  

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 2 Reviews Will Exceed the Original
20. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2009, 10:07 Zyrxil

Let's hope it doesn't exceed the original's excessive dialogue. More action less talk please.
Fuck off and go play a pure shooter. Mass Effect had the least dialogue and content of any Bioware game, ever.

I hope (but know they won't) they'll eventually replace the god-awful dialog pie system. I'll take the traditional dialog tree any day over that dumbed down filth.
I can understand not liking it, but it didn't seem "dumbed down" to me. If anything a list of responses labeled 1 through 4 is about as dumbed down as you can get.
It's dumbed down because of what's possible- e.g. nothing beyond the Good/Neutral/Asshole and 2 slots for Paragon/Renegade response. There's no room for NWN/Baldur's Gate style of using skills in dialogue.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2009, 10:19.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 16, 2009, 20:41 Zyrxil

Why they suck? They're a goddamn awards show. What awards show doesn't suck? Following that logic, an awards show taken to the lowest common denominator = ultimate suck.  

News Comments > New TF2 Demoman Details
8. Re: New TF2 Demoman Details Dec 15, 2009, 19:02 Zyrxil

Mayans decapitated the Winners.  

6. Re: New TF2 Demoman Details Dec 15, 2009, 12:06 Zyrxil

It's not really decapitation if the rest of the body goes to pieces at the same time.  

4. Re: New TF2 Demoman Details Dec 15, 2009, 11:02 Zyrxil

The weapons aren't in the game yet, so glitch or you were imagining it.  

News Comments > Action Games for Speed, Puzzle Games for Accuracy
3. Re: Action Games for Speed, Puzzle Games for Accuracy Dec 15, 2009, 09:37 Zyrxil

You're a moron. Not only does "common sense" not indicate something like this would be true, common sense is damn frequently wrong, which is why empirical testing is done.  

745 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo