Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 741 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization V and Steamworks
33. Re: Civilization V and Steamworks May 6, 2010, 18:16 Zyrxil

DG wrote on May 6, 2010, 17:28:
Civ is about the one game I'm wary of getting on steam because of the level of modding.
And what do you base this on? I own the Steam version of Civ IV and the expansions and the big mods, Fall From Heaven 2, etc., all work perfectly fine. The only complaint I have is that it's not well integrated into Steam enough, so the base game, and each expansion have their own folder instead of being all in one folder like the retail version would be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization V and Steamworks
6. Re: Civilization V and Steamworks May 6, 2010, 11:40 Zyrxil

I'll be alarmed if there's no support for custom maps, but who cares otherwise.

Anyway, this is quite a coup for Valve and doesn't affect my purchasing decision at all.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Activity
1. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Activity May 5, 2010, 21:48 Zyrxil

Wow, Section 8 really bombed.  

News Comments > New Audigy Drivers
4. Re: New Audigy Drivers May 3, 2010, 13:01 Zyrxil

"Free" with 99% of mobos, and causes even more problems than Creative cards.  

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
15. Re: Alpha Protocol DRM Details May 2, 2010, 19:43 Zyrxil

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 2, 2010, 18:01:
You know, I seem to recall when BioShock was released, it used a scheme almost exactly like this and people went loco. Interesting to see how Ubisoft's system has since lowered the bar of expectations.
You remember wrong. The difference was, 3 activations -total-, not unlimited use on a limited of PCs, with no way to revoke ever, and no promise of removing the DRM after a while with a patch.

News Comments > Play BC2 to Unlock Medal of Honor M24
2. Re: Play BC2 to Unlock Medal of Honor M24 Apr 28, 2010, 12:45 Zyrxil

They redid the website completely, works fine now.
http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/veteran

News Comments > On MW2 Bonuses
20. Re: On MW2 Bonuses Apr 23, 2010, 09:35 Zyrxil

MMORPGHoD wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 09:30:
Could the company have withheld it and been legally correct to do so? Absolutely.
No, not absolutely. We have no idea how these bonuses were promised. If it was in a contract with specific terms, if you met those terms it doesn't matter if you were still at the company when they gave them out a year or 5 years or 10 years later, you'd still be owed the bonus.

News Comments > On MW2 Bonuses
2. Re: On MW2 Bonuses Apr 22, 2010, 22:12 Zyrxil

Yeah, none of that sounds like it's legal. More lawsuits! More, more, more!  

News Comments > Blizzard Appealing Korean StarCraft 2 Rating
3. Re: Blizzard Appealing Korean StarCraft 2 Rating Apr 22, 2010, 10:52 Zyrxil

necrosis wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 09:39:
I would really like to know how they can consider SC2 AO. I mean really. Is the detail that of FPS games when it comes to gore?
The most popular theory is that it's political. South Korea's trying to get people to cut back on video game time, and Starcraft's a huge target. Making it AO makes it harder for kids to get it and then potentially ditch school for it.

News Comments > BC2 Kit Upgrade DLC Plans
10. Re: BC2 Kit Upgrade DLC Plans Apr 20, 2010, 17:17 Zyrxil

DangerDog wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 15:47:
Sounds like the "Kit Upgrade" will be offered through EA.com's site when it hits the PC, doubt those Dr. Pepper codes will work for the PC version.
Well you'd be wrong since they did Dr. Pepper codes for Mass Effect 2 and it unlocked the DLC for all platforms at once, including PC and PS3.

5. Re: BC2 Kit Upgrade DLC Plans Apr 20, 2010, 11:05 Zyrxil

No, they mean the Insignias, the 1 time big bonus xp things, like 500 LMG kills, etc.  

2. Re: BC2 Kit Upgrade DLC Plans Apr 20, 2010, 10:10 Zyrxil

There are some extra details in the link. This blurb is actually misleading as it omits the important fact that these are Cosmetic kits; they allow you to change the look of your uniform. In North America you can only get them through Dr. Pepper codes, no other money involved.  

News Comments > GTA: Episodes from Liberty City Patch
11. Re: GTA: Episodes from Liberty City Patch Apr 17, 2010, 00:44 Zyrxil

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 20:04:
Also, a general FYI: there is a new "liveless" mod that covered the episodes and the main game's newest version. Disabling Live gets you like 10fps more than normal and allows you to backup saves, so I recommend it unless you play online.

You could've posted a link. That thing isn't exactly common knowledge.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388658&st=600#

http://rapidshare.com/files/375695871/xliveless-0.999b1.rar

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
10. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 15, 2010, 23:20 Zyrxil

Jerykk wrote on Apr 15, 2010, 22:58:
$25. Wow. This is quite easily the worst-value DLC I've ever seen. It makes the MW2 map pack look like a bargain.
Rolleyes Comparing purely cosmetic items to map packs is idiotic. The thing even has its max speed determined by the max speed of mounts players have obtained by non-monetary means.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Apr 13, 2010, 15:39 Zyrxil

# The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

Whoa

News Comments > GTA: Episodes From Liberty City Ships
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City Apr 13, 2010, 14:00 Zyrxil

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 13, 2010, 13:24:
What did annoy me about the friend thing was having to get to them in under an hour, if you were across town theres no way you could make it (driving) so you had to find a taxi ASAP ditch your car and grab a cab.
You're a bad (videogame) driver. Assuming you didn't drive everywhere in a random beatup car off the road, but rather one of the sports cars (e.g., the easy access Ferrari dealership with giant windows to drive out of), there's nowhere you couldn't get to in 60 seconds.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2010, 14:06.

14. Re: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City Apr 13, 2010, 12:50 Zyrxil

The problem was that they didn't let you follow your own schedule. If you wanted their bonuses, you had to do their missions when they decided it, and if you skipped, you took a hit to the invisible friendship meter.  

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City Apr 13, 2010, 10:34 Zyrxil

Both are available on Steam as a "episodes" pack for $30, no previous ownership of GTA IV required.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12220/

It actually went on sale at Midnight, EST. 16 gigs, still downloading.

News Comments > Darksiders PC Plans
1. Re: Darksiders PC Plans Mar 30, 2010, 15:37 Zyrxil

Interesting, and fairly unexpected. It kind of feels like if God of War and Zelda were suddenly announced for PC /rimshot.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released
37. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Released Mar 30, 2010, 15:28 Zyrxil

Drezden wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 15:04:
All this crying about the M60 and I really don't see what the problem with it is. I don't use it, I did when I first unlocked it till I got gold. But the weapon I use as a medic 100% of the time is the MG36. I don't see a reason for using the M60 after unlocking the MG36
You get a free red dot scope on it, more rounds, and with magnum bullets it does enough damage to kill in 2 or 3 well places shots. I have a freaking field day with that weapon every game. It's not the M60 thats the problem, it's people not bothering to use other weapons and find their advantages. I use the MG3 with a Red Dot and Magnum Rounds just for fun and kill just as many people, go through ammo a hell of a lot quicker unless you're running with an assault but it's still funny. I just don't understand why everyone is dogging the M60, there are several weapons the medic gets that are devastating if used correctly.
The problem is, other players are grounded in reality.

The MG36 has the same number of bullets per belt/box as the MG60, and does 60% of the damage of the M60 at all ranges. Your idea of killing with 2 or 3 bullets with magnum on the MG36 is mathematically impossible. The minimum amount of bullets the MG36 would require for killing someone at 10 feet, even factoring in magnum rounds, is 6. The MG60, with magnum rounds, will kill anyone, at any and all ranges, with 4 shots. Without magnum rounds, the M60 can still kill with 4 bullets at 10 feet and with 5 bullets at ranges of 180+ feet.It also has less of a kick.

The only advantage the MG36 has is a slightly higher fire rate, which does not make up for all its other deficiencies in practice. None of the other MGs can compare with the MG60's devastating damage and accuracy. At the very most, some people might decide they want a 200 round belt and take the T88/M249, but that's a rare choice given that supply boxes exist and it's not that hard to find time to reload.

741 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo