Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 21:21 Zyrxil

Obsidian Wouldn't Mind Tackling A Chrono Trigger Sequel.

WTF? I enjoy their games despite the flaws, but that seems to be an incredibly bad idea.

First, Chrono Trigger doesn't/didn't need a sequel. It was a perfectly contained story. It'd be like making a sequel to Planescape: Torment.

Second, it already had a sequel, Chrono Cross, which proved the wisdom of reason #1.

Third, JRPGs are require the exact opposite of Obsidian's strengths. They're linear as hell, require tons of polish, and need a high level of "cinematic-ness".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Comic
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Comic Jul 2, 2010, 20:32 Zyrxil

Holy crap that is gdamn awesome. TF2 is just what Valve does as a hobby now. The amount of screwed-up backstory they've injected into an arcade shooter like TF2 is ridiculous. The middle left panel on the last page is especially cool, or rather what is cut off by the panel edge is intriguing.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2010, 15:44 Zyrxil

NicklePop wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 11:29:
I've read Devs who agree with this, that games aren't art. (and really, few are, but there are some ... Bioshock for example I would say is art)
Bioshock has style and a neat story/plot twist, but it's not art. I would say something like Everday the Same (http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/12/browser_game_pick_every_day_th.html) is art.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 10:32 Zyrxil

Gdamn that was an ordeal. But hey, great changes.  

News Comments > Metro 2034 Revealed
19. Re: Metro 2034 Revealed Jun 29, 2010, 16:25 Zyrxil

ASeven wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 15:03:
Shame about all the controversy on this. These guys left the STALKER team and ripped off technology and ideas, there's a huge lawsuit going on between both teams.

Heck if you played both games you can see a lot of similarities in ideas and even the graphic engine.

Game dev drama! Links to articles about this?

News Comments > Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming?
17. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 17:51 Zyrxil

Sleeeeepy wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 15:59:
Way to get defensive guys. It's just games like that seem to work better as a beer and pretzels game around a bigscreen TV. You don't exactly see an abundance of this kind of game on the PC so I can't be the only one with that opinion.

You're using a circular argument- there are less fighting games on PC therefore it's not a PC genre, therefore you shouldn't make fighting games for PC.

Besides, Capcom has ported plenty of its older fighters (and other games) to PC during their heyday, though without any fanfare. There's also a hardcore community of gamers playing older arcade fighters over the net using Kailera and GGPO.

12. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 14:36 Zyrxil

How are they much better? Any serious fan is buying a $100-$150 arcade stick if they don't have one, and all of those work just fine when you plug it into your PC.  

5. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 12:15 Zyrxil

What they need is crossplatform play to increase the player pool. If that means GFWL, then so be it. That's the only good feature it has anyway.  

News Comments > Global Agenda Drops Subscriptions
6. Re: Global Agenda Drops Subscriptions Jun 25, 2010, 13:08 Zyrxil

If you were serious about trying it, you would stop being a self-congratulatory dick for one second and download the free trial.

www.globalagendagame.com/freetrial/

News Comments > Talk to Infinity Ward
10. Re: Talk to Infinity Ward Jun 23, 2010, 18:42 Zyrxil

"How much do they pay you to lie about PC features, fourzerotwo? Is it more or less than the White House press secretary gets?"  

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2 Dropping GFWL for Steamworks
2. Re: Kane & Lynch 2 Dropping GFWL for Steamworks Jun 22, 2010, 16:20 Zyrxil

Hahaha, awesomely terse response. Die GFWL die.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 21, 2010, 10:33 Zyrxil

SmartSwipe? Why is that there? Even looks like a sprung up overnight astroturf site.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2010, 11:31 Zyrxil

Neil Gaiman fights Todd McFarlane over Spawn characters

Still? That's like a two decade old fight.

News Comments > Portal 2 Footage
2. Re: Portal 2 Footage Jun 16, 2010, 10:50 Zyrxil

It's a link to an MPG. How quaint.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Replay Feature
13. Re: StarCraft II Replay Feature Jun 14, 2010, 18:10 Zyrxil

Yifes wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 17:13:
They see all the folks watching streams and youtube casts of games, and they don't think "great fan-base" but rather "lost revenue". Of course, since they are an amoral profit machine what would anyone expect?

Where the fuck are you getting this information? The replays will be free, just like they are now. Stop making up bullshit to feed your paranoia about greedy publishers out to screw you.

Supreme Commander has a nice replay system and it worked on day 1. I might buy SCII when the replay system works.

The replay system works great now. This is about implementing a built-in replay sharing system through BNet.

It's like half of you people don't know how to read around here and the other half just maks shit up instead of bothering to look at the article.

No kidding. The shit that gets made up just to further rationalize Blizz-hate over the base game + 2 expansion pack issue. How does it feel to have the IQ of a creationist, Paketep/LittleMe?

News Comments > Civilization V in September
20. Re: Civilization V in September Jun 12, 2010, 01:15 Zyrxil

hoolaparara wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 00:09:
Tell that to me when in august this year I lose access to my steam games on the same computer I've been playing them since I first bought them.... (well ok I'm not losing access to the half life games because I've got oh my god the physical media.. this makes no sense!).
And how exactly does this catastrophe happen, 4 months from now?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2010, 15:18 Zyrxil

Uh, you could've just bought a 3rd party pad:
http://www.saitekusa.com/prod/p3600v2.htm

Reversible dpad/stick.

News Comments > Civilization V in September
7. Re: Civilization V in September Jun 11, 2010, 14:04 Zyrxil

ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 11:40:
I feel bad vibes coming out of this game. I mean, if the game is so moddable why offer a civilization through DLC as a pre-order bonus? If the game is so moddable it would be easy to replicate the Babylonians.
Civs have fully 3d rendered and animated leaders for diplomacy. There may be other stuff too, who knows how Civs may be unique from each other this time around.

Kajetan wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 13:22:
But i'm more meh with the enforced Steam lock via the use of Steamworks. I prefer to buy games to own and not to rent for full price. That said, i'll pass, will wait for a major price reduction (under 10 ) and then i'll rent the game from Steam. As i learned over the years, patience IS a virtue
Not this shit again.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2010, 14:12.

News Comments > Vanguard Servers to Merge
7. Re: Vanguard Servers to Merge Jun 9, 2010, 13:08 Zyrxil

It's too bad. Vanguard had some nice ideas, very original classes, and a really nice world for exploring. The game itself was really clunky though, bad graphics, bad performance, bad animations, and they implemented more player-friendly travel much too late.  

News Comments > Avadon: The Black Fortress Announced
3. Re: Avadon: The Black Fortress Announced May 28, 2010, 00:12 Zyrxil

Not really. The portraits are non-ugly now, but the rest of the graphics in the screenshots (icon, textures) are simply Avernum 6 assets, antialiased.  

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo