Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 745 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
81. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:56 Zyrxil

Tumbler wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:47:
LOL, I love how you paraphrase blizzards PR crap into the supposed complaints.

"More content than the original but SP story only about the marines! No sale!"
"I never played LAN, but obviously this shows they're evil! No sale!"
"Game plays like an updated Starcraft because 90% of fans wanted it that way? No sale!"
"Online activation like Steam! I wasn't going to buy it before, now I'm extra not going to buy it!"
"Letting people in South America rent if they can't buy outright? It's too weird, No Sale!" Not sure where the blizzard speak is in this one, kudos for hiding it so well.
"Digital prices the same as retail? The same as every single digital distribution source in the last 7 years? No sale!"

Are you serious? Stating the obvious reality is "paraphrasing" press releases? What should I say? The exact opposite of what's real so some paranoid schizo can't accuse me of being a super long term shill? Maybe I should mine press releases for quotes since then it wouldn't be "paraphrasing".

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 19:42:
maybe blizzard should make fucking computer games and let the rest of us worry about managing our identity on the internet and whether we want to use facebook or not.
Of course you're going to ignore the "completely optional" part. Maybe you've been living under a rock these past two years, but Facebook has seen ridiculously insane growth as it somehow easily kicked Myspace's ass and now a bajillion people use it. A sane person would see it as the best of both worlds that they're including this functionality to reach out to that market, and at the same time making it optional to please privacy advocates.

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 19:57:
as if they arent going to totally kill functionality for people that dont use their realid and facebook bs. they will get a worse experience. yeah that big deal they announced with them, that was just for fun Rolleyes
And there it is, full evidence of groundless paranoia on display. All your hate is based on info in your head on what you believe 100% without any basis, despite them making clear Facebook was always optional and them completely backing off the RealID thing (which was optional even before).

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 21:06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

79. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:47 Zyrxil

Luke wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:18:
why should he not comment on it ??
maybe he is angry , and disapointed at blizz ,

If he's angry about it, then he should comment like he's angry, not the "too cool to care" bullshit comments, as if they just this second lost his sale with this announcment, or hell, with every announcement that gives him something new to complain about.

44. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 17:45 Zyrxil

Darks wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 16:04:
Well that fine, but they lost my business. First off they broke the game into 3 parts. Secondly they removed local LAN; third they made the game look like a remake from the early 90's but with better graphics. They didn’t even bother to slim down the UI. All pretty pathetic!

So this is a lost sale to me.

Oh shut up. You're pathetic. You've been going on this "they lost my sale" business forever, yet you can't help but pop in SC2 comment threads. Every single time, you harp on every old debunked complaint with the same tired lines.

"More content than the original but SP story only about the marines! No sale!"
"I never played LAN, but obviously this shows they're evil! No sale!"
"Game plays like an updated Starcraft because 90% of fans wanted it that way? No sale!"
"Online activation like Steam! I wasn't going to buy it before, now I'm extra not going to buy it!"
"Letting people in South America rent if they can't buy outright? It's too weird, No Sale!"
"Digital prices the same as retail? The same as every single digital distribution source in the last 7 years? No sale!"

If you don't want it, why do you care so much?

8. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 11:36 Zyrxil

They've painted some airplanes Starcraft II themed, and a bunch of companies have made Starcraft II based promotional items, foods, etc.  

News Comments > Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2
4. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 14, 2010, 22:15 Zyrxil

"Bobby is too a person! Watch us prove it by having him speak through this highly paid PR mouthpiece!"  

News Comments > Medal of Honor LE Trailer
3. Re: Medal of Honor LE Trailer Jul 14, 2010, 14:20 Zyrxil

Does it matter? It's not like they're accurately modeling the ballistics based on real life.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Upgrades Preview
5. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 13:32 Zyrxil

Did you even play Warcraft 3?

Read interviews. They lamented on Single Player in RTSes traditionally being too much of a simple training mode for multiplayer. They're working on the SP telling a story and being a better game even if there were no multi. That's why every campaign is 30 missions long.

News Comments > Mafia II Specifications
12. Re: Mafia II Specifications Jul 9, 2010, 15:56 Zyrxil

When reality is biased against you, it's best to shut it all out.  

News Comments > Mafia II Specifications
9. Re: Mafia II Specifications Jul 9, 2010, 09:39 Zyrxil

Or you could just not turn the extra Physx effects on and run it as normal instead of being a moron.  

News Comments > Firaxis Firings
5. Re: Firaxis Firings Jul 8, 2010, 17:20 Zyrxil

Huh? Sales of everything, consoles included, are dropping.  

News Comments > Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga Announced
1. Re: Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga Announced Jul 8, 2010, 11:16 Zyrxil

Such a grindy game.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Patched
2. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 7, 2010, 21:02 Zyrxil

Because you have shitty broadband, that's why.  

News Comments > Steam Tags
9. Re: Steam Tags Jul 7, 2010, 17:05 Zyrxil

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 10:43:
Ehm, doesn't the new Steam client already allow you to do this? Or am I misunderstanding this?
It's apparently different in that it allows you to tag a game with multiple tags, while the new Steam client simply allows you to set custom categories for a game, with 1 custom category per game. I'm guessing this is through a browser interface.

News Comments > New BC2 VIP Map Pack
2. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 10:26 Zyrxil

I'm not complaining about another map to play Rush on, though. I wonder if they're keeping all the vehicles on Atacama from conquest, along with the high rate of respawn?  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update
7. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 09:55 Zyrxil

Well you are. Didn't you hear all 100 winners get a trip to Valve HQ? Robin Walker's gonna wear a top hat and sing and everything. Pass the word on!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 21:21 Zyrxil

Obsidian Wouldn't Mind Tackling A Chrono Trigger Sequel.

WTF? I enjoy their games despite the flaws, but that seems to be an incredibly bad idea.

First, Chrono Trigger doesn't/didn't need a sequel. It was a perfectly contained story. It'd be like making a sequel to Planescape: Torment.

Second, it already had a sequel, Chrono Cross, which proved the wisdom of reason #1.

Third, JRPGs are require the exact opposite of Obsidian's strengths. They're linear as hell, require tons of polish, and need a high level of "cinematic-ness".

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Comic
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Comic Jul 2, 2010, 20:32 Zyrxil

Holy crap that is gdamn awesome. TF2 is just what Valve does as a hobby now. The amount of screwed-up backstory they've injected into an arcade shooter like TF2 is ridiculous. The middle left panel on the last page is especially cool, or rather what is cut off by the panel edge is intriguing.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2010, 15:44 Zyrxil

NicklePop wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 11:29:
I've read Devs who agree with this, that games aren't art. (and really, few are, but there are some ... Bioshock for example I would say is art)
Bioshock has style and a neat story/plot twist, but it's not art. I would say something like Everday the Same (http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/12/browser_game_pick_every_day_th.html) is art.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 10:32 Zyrxil

Gdamn that was an ordeal. But hey, great changes.  

News Comments > Metro 2034 Revealed
19. Re: Metro 2034 Revealed Jun 29, 2010, 16:25 Zyrxil

ASeven wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 15:03:
Shame about all the controversy on this. These guys left the STALKER team and ripped off technology and ideas, there's a huge lawsuit going on between both teams.

Heck if you played both games you can see a lot of similarities in ideas and even the graphic engine.

Game dev drama! Links to articles about this?

745 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo