Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 743 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman 5 Rumors Resurface
1. Re: Hitman 5 Rumors Resurface Jul 23, 2010, 13:33 Zyrxil

I don't know why people think that image hints to a new Hitman game, it looked way more like an image for a new Hitman movie in terms of style.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar
10. Re: StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar Jul 23, 2010, 12:20 Zyrxil

You're really overestimating the WoW numbers because Asian subscribers don't pay nearly the price that North American/European subscribers do. Rather, they use a timecard scheme (the details of which I'm not too clear about) because the majority of players play from net cafes.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar
3. Re: StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar Jul 23, 2010, 11:32 Zyrxil

Tumbler wrote on Jul 23, 2010, 11:28:
After watching the trailers I wish they had made a game that looked like that. Starcraft FPS would be awesome if they could get it looking like those trailers. Ooooh, you could make it an rpg like mass effect.
I'm killing you with my mind right now.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: A potential Net neutrality win-win-win. Jul 22, 2010, 19:23 Zyrxil

Uh...what the fuck are you even talking about, LittleMe? Do you even know what the platform for Net Neutrality is?

It's about turning ISPs into dumb pipes, so all traffic is treated the same.

It's about removing the ability of jackass executives to suddenly decide "Well, Google is super popular. Sure they already pay for all of their bandwidth, but let's say that they're not paying for the users that visit them, so we should get 1 cent per search done on them."

It's about making it so a cable company ISP can't charge for access to competing stream video sites while selling their own internet video service (already done in Australia).

Seriously, get a clue, instead of being stuck in some ridiculous McCarthy era mindset.

News Comments > Shank Co-op Trailer, PC Edition Delayed
5. Re: Shank Co-op Trailer, PC Edition Delayed Jul 22, 2010, 19:18 Zyrxil

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 16:55:
Honestly, this is a perfect example of a game that is made to be a 'couch co-op' game, that you screw around with when a friend comes over. Why even bother with a pc version?

...Because there are people that want it? Online coop works too.

I have to say though, I'm not really that interested in this, despite the admittedly really nice art. The gameplay just seems so stale, really only at a Streets of Rage 1 level. Plus, it's really disconcerting to watch the character have to stab and/or shoot every single guy a dozen times to kill them. At least with bare fists, there's really no suspension of disbelief in your mind objecting to the on-screen action.

News Comments > Five Valve Games Patched
4. Re: Five Valve Games Patched Jul 22, 2010, 09:36 Zyrxil

BobBob wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 00:50:
What is an 'Official server'?
It's a dedicated server hosted by Valve.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Requirements
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Requirements Jul 22, 2010, 00:00 Zyrxil

Recommended Requirements.

It's really quite future-proofed in terms of graphics.

News Comments > NPD: Digital and Physical PC Game Sales Figures
8. Re: NPD: Digital and Physical PC Game Sales Figures Jul 21, 2010, 14:54 Zyrxil

Actually, you can buy all of Blizzard's stuff through Blizzard.com and all of WoW's releases and expansions through Worldofwarcraft.com (subset of Blizzard.com selections).  

News Comments > Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support
5. Re: Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support Jul 21, 2010, 12:16 Zyrxil

Bumpy wrote on Jul 21, 2010, 11:34:
Aww crap, Steamworks on this game. They better not lock it down for mods, tweaks and such.
Why would that be a concern? How is Steam/Valve at all opposed to modding and tweaking? Seriously, that is such a bizarre statement.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 21, 2010, 09:13 Zyrxil

If it's got games, it'll sell. I have no idea how companies are getting people to shell out a ton of money per new Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but they're doing it.  

News Comments > D2D Sales and MW2 Explanation
3. Re: D2D Sales and MW2 Explanation Jul 17, 2010, 01:32 Zyrxil

Principled stands only make sense if you're big enough to make people take notice. The % of the Steam userbase that wants more games to use Steamworks is bigger than the userbase of all non-Steam digital distros combined.  

News Comments > WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M
1. Re: WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M Jul 16, 2010, 21:30 Zyrxil

Whoa, did they remake the game 5 times or something?  

News Comments > James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced
3. Re: James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced Jul 16, 2010, 11:55 Zyrxil

You mean "nasal" piercing?  

News Comments > MOH Beta Opens to Steam BC2 Owners
10. Re: MOH Beta Opens to Steam BC2 Owners Jul 16, 2010, 10:26 Zyrxil

Because it was wasn't planned way before BFBC2 came out, so there was no code in the box for a beta test 10 months later for a different game. And giving it to all Steam owners of BFBC2 is as easy as turning on a light switch, vs a stamp for a code in the mail to all retail owners.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Specs (Really)
11. Re: StarCraft II Specs (Really) Jul 16, 2010, 10:12 Zyrxil

"More fun" is incredibly vague. To plenty of people, having those features in of itself makes the game more strategic and thus more fun.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2010, 09:40 Zyrxil

Wouldn't it be easier for that paper just to disable comments altogether? Who the hell would pay a buck to make a 4 line comment?  

News Comments > Steam Software Survey
10. Re: Steam Software Survey Jul 16, 2010, 09:28 Zyrxil

BobBob wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 07:59:
If you can sue for hot coffee spilled on your lap, it wouldn't surprise me if they got sued for this.

Not that shit again. Read about it sometime. http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

News Comments > Steam Software Survey
9. Re: Steam Software Survey Jul 16, 2010, 09:27 Zyrxil

BobBob wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 05:34:
Waiting for the inevitable privacy lawsuits to come forth.
I'd like to see how you could possible make a case for it, being that it's Opt-In.

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
81. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:56 Zyrxil

Tumbler wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:47:
LOL, I love how you paraphrase blizzards PR crap into the supposed complaints.

"More content than the original but SP story only about the marines! No sale!"
"I never played LAN, but obviously this shows they're evil! No sale!"
"Game plays like an updated Starcraft because 90% of fans wanted it that way? No sale!"
"Online activation like Steam! I wasn't going to buy it before, now I'm extra not going to buy it!"
"Letting people in South America rent if they can't buy outright? It's too weird, No Sale!" Not sure where the blizzard speak is in this one, kudos for hiding it so well.
"Digital prices the same as retail? The same as every single digital distribution source in the last 7 years? No sale!"

Are you serious? Stating the obvious reality is "paraphrasing" press releases? What should I say? The exact opposite of what's real so some paranoid schizo can't accuse me of being a super long term shill? Maybe I should mine press releases for quotes since then it wouldn't be "paraphrasing".

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 19:42:
maybe blizzard should make fucking computer games and let the rest of us worry about managing our identity on the internet and whether we want to use facebook or not.
Of course you're going to ignore the "completely optional" part. Maybe you've been living under a rock these past two years, but Facebook has seen ridiculously insane growth as it somehow easily kicked Myspace's ass and now a bajillion people use it. A sane person would see it as the best of both worlds that they're including this functionality to reach out to that market, and at the same time making it optional to please privacy advocates.

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 19:57:
as if they arent going to totally kill functionality for people that dont use their realid and facebook bs. they will get a worse experience. yeah that big deal they announced with them, that was just for fun Rolleyes
And there it is, full evidence of groundless paranoia on display. All your hate is based on info in your head on what you believe 100% without any basis, despite them making clear Facebook was always optional and them completely backing off the RealID thing (which was optional even before).

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 21:06.

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
79. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:47 Zyrxil

Luke wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:18:
why should he not comment on it ??
maybe he is angry , and disapointed at blizz ,

If he's angry about it, then he should comment like he's angry, not the "too cool to care" bullshit comments, as if they just this second lost his sale with this announcment, or hell, with every announcement that gives him something new to complain about.

743 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo