Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia II Trailer
1. Re: Mafia II Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 15:13 Zyrxil

Isn't this like the 8th time this particular trailer has been released?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
3. Re: StarCraft II Patched Aug 18, 2010, 08:40 Zyrxil

Or me.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 20:48 Zyrxil

Dogfighter was patched with dedicated servers and joystick support, btw.  

News Comments > DOTA TM Controversy
19. Re: DOTA TM Controversy Aug 17, 2010, 19:02 Zyrxil

Golwar wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 18:52:
It is quite simple, Valve had absolutely nothing to do with what made DotA great. So I see absolutely 0 reason why they should benefit from owning the TM.

FFS, as I noted a bunch of posts ago, they trademarked "DOTA". Exactly "DOTA". Not "DotA", not "Defense of the Ancients", but "DOTA". It's beyond retarded to be raging about that.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85102245

7. Re: DOTA TM Controversy Aug 17, 2010, 15:38 Zyrxil

Rob wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 15:11:
I had been wondering since this was first announced, what a worst case scenario would be. Is it possible that once the DOTA name becomes a Valve property, that Blizzard would be forced to pull all references to DOTA from WCIII and SC2(should any exist) in the custom game community? Talk about crapping on your heritage. =(
That's not how trademarks work.

Wolfen wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 15:34:
Well now. This is an interesting turn. Im interested to see how this pans out. Ive always thought of Valve as a pretty community supportive company who picked up popular mods and made some folks dreams come true of turning a hobby into a paid living. I kind of assumed that was what was going on here until this post popped up.
Well, it is. Icefrog created the original DotA. Valve hired Icefrog.

4. Re: DOTA TM Controversy Aug 17, 2010, 15:00 Zyrxil

Besides which, they didn't file a trademark for "Defense of the Ancients", they filed a trademark for "DOTA". To me that says "to be revealed clever acronym that recalls the original".  

News Comments > StarCraft II Free Name Change Coming
14. Re: StarCraft II Free Name Change Coming Aug 17, 2010, 09:43 Zyrxil

Xero wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 07:09:
"additional character name changes for a fee."

Wow...charging for something simple, quick, easy, and obviously automated. Blizzard are becoming money whores. Just to change your name nowadays is going to cost you? Wtf is this world coming to? I understand they don't want people abusing it, but that's when you put CAPS on name changing. How about a 15-30 day name change period? Simple and FREE!!!

If RealID tells us anything it's that Blizzard doesn't want people changing names at all. They want you to be always identifiable, relatively anonymous internet nickname or not. They want you to keep the reputation associated with that name.

The only reason there's a name change service at all is because they know how much demand there is, from their WoW experience. The fee is to discourage you from using it.

News Comments > The Scourge Project Demo
1. Re: The Scourge Project Demo Aug 13, 2010, 10:02 Zyrxil

From RPS:
Quintin: Oh itís fucking terrible. I reviewed it for a mag. Itís properly abysmal. Cyberpunky Gears of War with tedious level design, shoddy shooting and awkward mouse support. If we played it together we would never play a videogame together again.

Alec: That only makes me wanna play it more.

News Comments > ZeniMax Acquires Arkane Studios
7. Re: ZeniMax Acquires Arkane Studios Aug 13, 2010, 00:51 Zyrxil

They better not make an Arx sequel with the shittastic Gamebryo engine.  

News Comments > Dungeons Officially Announced
3. Re: Dungeons Officially Announced Aug 12, 2010, 13:14 Zyrxil

Wait, he's trapped at the bottom, and must make his way down?  

News Comments > Mafia II Demo Patched, Contains MP Code?
1. Re: Mafia II Demo Patched, Contains MP Code? Aug 11, 2010, 20:37 Zyrxil

Well, that certainly explains why Physx performance was such shit.  

News Comments > Valve DOTA TM
1. Re: Valve DOTA TM Aug 11, 2010, 10:20 Zyrxil

Let the speculation of what it stands for begin!

Dawn of the Aardvarks
Demons on the Amazon
Diary of Tom Arnold

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
15. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 14:21 Zyrxil

It's....a demo.  

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
7. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 13:08 Zyrxil

Tip seen at RPS- The free roam portion of the demo is limited to 10 mins, but you can freeze the timer with a little hex editing.

Open up the game's executable with a hex editor (eg. a free one like HxD), go to line 000F5380, and overwrite D9 56 4C, with 90 90 90.

http://imgur.com/pnjWv.png

News Comments > PC Hardware Outsells Consoles
2. Re: PC Hardware Outsells Consoles Aug 6, 2010, 13:32 Zyrxil

Plus, these numbers are obscenely optimistic in what it counts as gaming hardware. Super-budget models only theoretically capable of gaming (and netbooks of all things) don't count!  

News Comments > More StarCraft II Sales Figures
3. Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 11:31 Zyrxil

Ah, but as the article points out, the dirty Brits passed on Starcraft 1, which never even broke top-40 in the UK, so it's not that amazing.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells
12. Re: StarCraft II Sells Jul 30, 2010, 16:10 Zyrxil

ASeven wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 14:26:
The industry is no longer the lovely place it was a decade ago and I don't think the gaming industry, by its very nature, fits well with a corporation mentality, too many passions, egos and volatility.

The what? Do you have some kind of evidence that a decade ago the games industry wasn't a place where the typical non-studio founder programmer worked 80 hour weeks for $40k a year?

News Comments > StarCraft II Sales Estimates
18. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 23:16 Zyrxil

LittleMe wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 22:43:
To put it in perspective, the pre-orders alone mean Starcraft 2 has outsold every PC or console exclusive title of the last 5 years, with the exception of Wii Sports/Sports Resort/Wii Play/Wii Fit and Nintendogs.

Good point. MW2 wasn't an exclusive title. So SC2 pre-orders outsold Halo3? I have a feeling Sc2 is a 'long haul sales' type game that will sell well for much longer than the typical AAA game.
Ah, forgot about Halo 3, that's another exception, it had about 3 million in its first 2 weeks, so we'll see have to see what the Korean numbers say.

News Comments > StarCraft II Sales Estimates
12. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 21:53 Zyrxil

Xero wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 21:48:
I guess that's good news for an RTS genre? My CE arrives tomorrow...can't wait to jump in.
Now I'm not trying to start a war here because I don't even own any of the latest consoles, but didn't Modern Warfare 2 have like 20 million preorders or something? Maybe I read something way out of line?
To put it in perspective, the pre-orders alone mean Starcraft 2 has outsold every PC or console exclusive title of the last 5 years, with the exception of Wii Sports/Sports Resort/Wii Play/Wii Fit and Nintendogs.

News Comments > More StarCraft II
2. Re: More StarCraft II Jul 27, 2010, 16:43 Zyrxil

Mmm, those cake minerals look tasty.  

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo