Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization V Mod Tools
1. Re: Civilization V Mod Tools Sep 29, 2010, 20:30 Zyrxil

AI mods, go!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 29, 2010, 20:23 Zyrxil

Wtfwtfwtf. Megaman Legends 3, a decade+ later, and on a portable machine? Dick moves! I actually own the PC port of Megaman Legends 1. How many people even knew that existed?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 13:40 Zyrxil

Dev wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 13:27:
Presumably I can still buy the dead rising case zero thing on xbox after this? I'll be waiting until the price drops on DR2, but I want to do the case zero and then this game.

Edit:
Wait... DR2 is available for PC? Isn't the case zero thing xbox exclusive? Blargh. How can I get the bonuses from case zero on PC then. Or is the bonus just to keep the levels you earn?
DR2 is on PS3 too. You can't use Case Zero saves with any version except the 360 version though. But all it does is give you bonus money and up to level 5.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 11:54 Zyrxil

Link to trainer? Time management sucks!  

News Comments > The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month
3. Re: The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month Sep 27, 2010, 15:23 Zyrxil

Or Jockies off the freefall corridor of death after the hospital elevator.  

News Comments > The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month
1. Re: The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month Sep 27, 2010, 15:18 Zyrxil

No Mercy tight corridors with Spitters and Chargers, that's gonna be brutal.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Darksiders
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 09:20 Zyrxil

peteham wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 04:48:
This is a fine game, if you like the genre. I already played through it on console ages ago though, so I doubt I'll get the PC version. The Steam asking-price also seems a bit stiff to me, at 49.99 for a game that's been console bargain-bin material for at least 6 months. Even though you probably get the usual sharper textures and none of the framerate-issues that were an annoyance in the console version. The controls also felt needlessly clunky at times, but nothing remotely game-breaking.

Oh, and without spoiling too much, the ending is rather bad-ass.
Geez, you Euro guys always get the short end of the stick. $39.99 here.

News Comments > Inception Game Plans
4. Re: Inception Game Plans Sep 21, 2010, 18:22 Zyrxil

The chances of a movie-related game being not-shitty increase exponentially when it is released long long long after the movie is.  

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem
8. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Sep 19, 2010, 14:01 Zyrxil

I don't know what 3D Realms has to do with it. They basically remade DNF from scratch around 5 times. Indie or not, that's bankruptcy.  

News Comments > Action Games Make Action Brains
18. Re: Action Games Make Action Brains Sep 14, 2010, 09:34 Zyrxil

Right, because that's exactly what I said, not "You're a retard for labeling all research a waste of your money, seeing as data that obviously builds towards a greater understanding is 1. not a waste, and 2. not even done with your money."

Fuck it. I hope you have the life you deserve- filled with idiots who never try to understand things because they can't see how it's immediately productive.

16. Re: Action Games Make Action Brains Sep 13, 2010, 21:19 Zyrxil

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 18:52:
Zyrxil wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 16:42:
Wolfen wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 16:08:
I guess nothing is true till a "study" is done on it. Not that us average joes of the world have observed this happening for years upon years now.
:-megarolleyes-: There's plenty of stuff that's "obviously true" until a study is done showing it to be utter BS. Science works, bitches. Test results are data. Anecdotes are not.

Yeah, except a good percentage of studies are non-scientific anecdotal drivel, bitch. Plus, I'm really tired of my tax dollars paying for some dumbass researcher to "study" whatever bullshit he decides interests him at the time.

In other news: Practicing something makes you better at it? No fuckin' way! We better spend $10 million to check that out.
Yes, that's really well thought out. "Cure cancer or GTFO of the grant line! What do you mean you didn't get any money for this? Well let me just make up an absurdly high number to justify my retarded outrage!"

You [iuild[/i] on data. E.g. Other tests found doing Brain Age only made you better at Brain Age, not, as some would believe, make you generally smarter. This adds to the data available for "brain training" and you possibly understand a bit more. That's how science and the world in general works- gradually and in small steps.

8. Re: Action Games Make Action Brains Sep 13, 2010, 16:42 Zyrxil

Wolfen wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 16:08:
I guess nothing is true till a "study" is done on it. Not that us average joes of the world have observed this happening for years upon years now.
:-megarolleyes-: There's plenty of stuff that's "obviously true" until a study is done showing it to be utter BS. Science works, bitches. Test results are data. Anecdotes are not.

News Comments > Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed
3. Re: Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed Sep 10, 2010, 20:57 Zyrxil

Console games don't have EULAs. This is more about the resale of business software.  

News Comments > VVVVVV on Steam
3. Re: VVVVVV on Steam Sep 8, 2010, 11:51 Zyrxil

And at a much more palatable price.  

News Comments > South Korean Steam Ban Possible
2. Re: South Korean Steam Ban Possible Sep 7, 2010, 20:49 Zyrxil

See:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09/06/south-koreas-indie-tax-trauma/
for actual story.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
6. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Sep 4, 2010, 01:56 Zyrxil

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 01:40:
What happened to gas powered games, wasn't this their franchise?
Yes, but then they made Space Siege and thus couldn't be allowed to live.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
2. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Sep 3, 2010, 21:57 Zyrxil

Actually, it'll probably way more zoomed out in normal play, so the particle effects for a sword special attack make sense. But still, the particle effects are way too "thick" for lack of a better word.  

News Comments > On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail
6. Re: On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail Sep 3, 2010, 13:06 Zyrxil

Huh? What happened with Sins?  

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells 3M
23. Re: StarCraft II Sells 3M Sep 1, 2010, 17:46 Zyrxil

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 16:47:
I'd have much preferred a few more of the "here's some resources, there's an enemy base, go kill it," missions.

Creston

Well the whole point of Blizz taking so long with the single player campaigns is that the entire world has gotten bored of bland SP missions that were basically skirmishes with a 1 paragraph premise. They designed all the missions to have unique mechanics, and that means not sitting on your ass churning out units for 2 hours like pretty much 95% of RTS single player missions in 95% of RTSes for the last 15 years.

News Comments > Interplay Returns to Publishing
5. Re: Interplay Returns to Publishing Sep 1, 2010, 11:48 Zyrxil

Oh Interplay, you had awesome studios in the 90s, too bad your management and marketing were all staffed by retards.  

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo