Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 727 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
8. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 25, 2010, 12:23 Zyrxil

Nameless Again wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 12:01:
Hate to say it, but if you're stupid enough to work for a "promise", then you're stupid enough to get ripped off.
So I guess you get prepaid for every month you work, amiright, so it could never happen to you, if your employer goes out of business? Oh shit, then they're paying you for a 'promise' of showing up to work! How old are you again?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II Aug 24, 2010, 10:39 Zyrxil

Syd wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 10:25:
Been playing a bit since a few days... played on an xbox 360 and pc as well... This is GOTY material, a bit like Red Dead Redemption.
#1: How, #2: Why both?

News Comments > New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month
10. Re: New Mass Effect 2 DLC Next Month Aug 24, 2010, 00:43 Zyrxil

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 00:19:
Well the whole point behind DLC is to give you a reason to re-enter the game, even if for only a few hours. If that doesn't appeal to you then you're not the target market I guess.

A few more hours of ME2 every few months sounds awesome to me personally.

You mean for 45 mins, for another $7 to $10. No, that's not very appealing. This is the second worst type of DLC, right behind $5 for new items. GTAIV style expansions are the only acceptable form of DLC.

News Comments > Neverwinter Announced
1. Re: Neverwinter Announced Aug 23, 2010, 11:04 Zyrxil

I can't believe Atari isn't dead yet. The current company I mean, not the brand/trademark that keeps getting revived.  

News Comments > MW2 UK Sales Record
1. Re: MW2 UK Sales Record Aug 23, 2010, 10:40 Zyrxil

Wow, K&L2 is doing really well, despite reviews as abysmal as the first.  

News Comments > Brink Delay Explained
6. Re: Brink Delay Explained Aug 23, 2010, 10:18 Zyrxil

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 08:07:
This game got some fairly negative press after E3, I imagine that while they aren't necessarily adding more features, they're holding this game to try to deal with the numerous issues they were told about.
Do you have a link to some kind of article or forum post with the issues that were complained about?

News Comments > PC Mortal Kombat Possible
25. Re: PC Mortal Kombat Possible Aug 23, 2010, 09:40 Zyrxil

entr0py wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 01:42:
Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Aug 22, 2010, 21:22:
Give me BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on the PC as well and I don't think I'll ever need another fighting game.

Since I've given up hope of ever seeing Killer Instinct 3, anyway...

Did you know the arcade game already runs on PC hardware? . . . I suppose you could just go out and buy the xbox version, put it in the closet, then feel ethically justified in downloading the perfect PC emulation.
It's not the same though, just as the arcade version of Street Fighter IV isn't the same as the home versions. No netplay, training modes, extra character, or promised balance patches.

LarsWestergren wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 07:54:
entr0py wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 01:42:
Did you know the arcade game already runs on PC hardware? . . . I suppose you could just go out and buy the xbox version, put it in the closet, then feel ethically justified in downloading the perfect PC emulation.

I think a better solution would be to order a copy of the PC version. The more profit they make, the more you increase the chances that the second game (and future ones) also get a PC release.
http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-PC-DVD-Windows/dp/B003WOL6EU/
The thing is, it's such a dick move to release CT when CS is on consoles. It's 80% the same game. I don't see why you would reward them.

News Comments > PC Mortal Kombat Possible
9. Re: PC Mortal Kombat Possible Aug 22, 2010, 22:16 Zyrxil

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Aug 22, 2010, 21:22:
Give me BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on the PC as well and I don't think I'll ever need another fighting game.

Since I've given up hope of ever seeing Killer Instinct 3, anyway...

What d'ya mean you're not satisfied with the original on PC at the same time as the consoles get the updated version?! It made perfect sense for them to do that instead of releasing crossplay with the version that'll actually have a console community to play against!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 21, 2010, 16:10 Zyrxil

Jerykk wrote on Aug 21, 2010, 00:10:
Well someone has delusions about how big his franchise is.

Except for the fact that Mortal Kombat is one of the most well-known franchises in the world. If they can make Capcom vs SNK, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Tekken vs Street Fighter, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and X-Men vs Street Fighter, I'm pretty sure they could do MK vs Street Fighter.
Though fighters as a whole are a niche genre, MK is in an even smaller niche compared to Tekken and Street Fighter. Hell, even compared to Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Tatsunoko they're small. The 90s are gone.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 20, 2010, 23:55 Zyrxil

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 21:34:
Diablo is the only franchise Blizzard owns that wouldn't suffer on the consoles and development there probably wouldn't impact the PC version either.

That being said, please don't try and turn every Blizzard IP into console games because most of them simply don't work.
I don't see how. I mean, for melee characters you could use a stick to attack in directions fine, but using abilities that require targeting would suck.

News Comments > New Steam Client
7. Re: New Steam Client Aug 20, 2010, 20:46 Zyrxil

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 18:12:
Yes, because a Metacritic number without any context whatsoever is incredibly useful information.
It's better than not having it. I can click through for context if I want.
What's the point of the Metacritic score...on a list of games you already own?

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 20, 2010, 20:33 Zyrxil

Mortal Kombat Dev Thinks MK vs. Street Fighter is "Inevitable".

Well someone has delusions about how big his franchise is.

News Comments > Mafia with Mafia II Preorders
8. Re: Mafia with Mafia II Preorders Aug 20, 2010, 16:20 Zyrxil

HardCore wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 14:08:
I know gifts are not inherently bad but...

Does anyone else get nervous when publishers try to over-sweeten pre-orders with "gifts" so people buy a game before they see or before reviews come out?
Not really, it's almost standard practice these days. You know what didn't have pre-order gifts? Kane & Lynch 2. That's reviewing real well.

News Comments > Lineage II Addict Lawsuit
1. Re: Lineage II Addict Lawsuit Aug 20, 2010, 16:15 Zyrxil

Wow, that's mind-blowing that it was allowed to proceed. When was the last time a beer company was sued for alcoholism? But hey, videogames are so new-fangled, let's sue and demonize them.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware/Software Survey Results
2. Re: Steam Hardware/Software Survey Results Aug 20, 2010, 15:58 Zyrxil

"#title_hardware_software_survey"
Oops.

News Comments > Free Portal for Using New EU Payment Option
6. Re: Free Portal for Using New EU Payment Option Aug 20, 2010, 10:11 Zyrxil

A51Abductee wrote on Aug 19, 2010, 21:48:
Maybe this explains why I have been unable to purchase anything on Steam for the last few days without it rejecting my info after a silly IP check. I'm currently in Mexico but all my account and CC info is from back home in the States. And yeah, it was working fine for months before this.
Nothing to do with it. Steam has been comparing IP location vs billing location to make sure it's the same country for a long time, as means of preventing CC theft.

News Comments > Mafia II Trailer
1. Re: Mafia II Trailer Aug 19, 2010, 16:14 Zyrxil

Enough with the trailers! They're 95% the same footage. Just bump up the release date 6 days so I can be playing this weekend.  

News Comments > Mafia II Trailer
1. Re: Mafia II Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 15:13 Zyrxil

Isn't this like the 8th time this particular trailer has been released?  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
3. Re: StarCraft II Patched Aug 18, 2010, 08:40 Zyrxil

Or me.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 17, 2010, 20:48 Zyrxil

Dogfighter was patched with dedicated servers and joystick support, btw.  

727 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo