Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 741 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Midnight Madness
15. Re: Fallout New Vegas Midnight Madness Oct 16, 2010, 12:12 Zyrxil

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 16, 2010, 06:00:
Zyrxil wrote on Oct 16, 2010, 03:44:
Obsidian Entertainment hasn't even existed for 10 years,
The company in name hasn't even existed for 10 years. The majority of the people working for them, are the same people who were making fallout, fallout2, IWD, BG, BG2 and PS:T, etc, etc, etc.
Well duh, everyone knows that, but you have to assume Charlie Six is complaining about Obsidian, and not their work when they were still Black Isle, which were 100% classics.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Midnight Madness
10. Re: Fallout New Vegas Midnight Madness Oct 16, 2010, 03:44 Zyrxil

Obsidian Entertainment hasn't even existed for 10 years, but I'm sure you already knew that. Some of us like the finished parts of what they've done. That they've actually tried to implement novel Ideas is worth a helluva lot, even if the execution is clumsy. 99% of studios that make big budget games just throw money at the product.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2010, 11:52 Zyrxil

Bender in Minecraft

REMEMBER ME!

News Comments > The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com
12. Re: The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com Oct 13, 2010, 22:55 Zyrxil

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 22:43:
What you just said was, do not roleplay in a game thats supposedly an RPG. ;)
What he said was "play a game that strives to be a very close implementation of the PnP style like you actually know how to play the PnP version".

News Comments > Derek Paxton Joins Stardock
7. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 13, 2010, 09:25 Zyrxil

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 22:20:
Only downside is that this obviously means death to the fall from heaven 2 BTS mod for CIV4 and any hope for same mod for CIV5.

Unless hes really not more involved in FFH than thinking the world up (cool world, by the way ,p)
They were working on a standalone FFH game, which already died a month ago. I don't think they were working on anything else, so no loss.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Footage
11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Footage Oct 12, 2010, 15:08 Zyrxil

Surf wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 11:02:
Why would you say buggy? F3 was flawless and had zero bugs that I saw, never even crashed to the desktop. I played the entire game and all DLC's, no issues.
What are you talking about? There were tons of bugs, NPC and quest related, and they were all over, including the console versions.

News Comments > EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced
2. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 12:56 Zyrxil

Have you played EVE? There are no classes or anything, so there's really no rerolling.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU Oct 12, 2010, 09:33 Zyrxil

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6KvSRWs_w4
is the Arcania combat system. Whether that is worse than the super-wildlife of Gothic 3 is up for debate.

To quote RPGWatch:

Painful verdict

It is remarkable that if you try to forget the fact it’s a Gothic game [...] you might like to play it. Although the game experience is far from phenomenal, it would be unfair to claim the game was really boring.
[...] As latest Gothic game Arcania: Gothic 4 is worthless, as RPG insignificant and as Hack & Slash game slightly entertaining.
[...] Playing the demo might be a good test, but know only the first few hours are really enjoyable. Once you get to the main island, the experience collapses.

Pro:
- decent combat system
- very atmospheric graphics [The reviewer says the weather effects are top notch.; Ed.]

Cons:
- below average quests and dialogs
- very heavy system requirements
- linear, short and unfinished [They mean cut content, not bugs.; Ed.]

Final verdict: Arcania is a slap in the face of Gothic- and RPG fans, but does offer an enjoyable Hack&Slash experience in a good looking world.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU Oct 12, 2010, 00:33 Zyrxil

Really from the reviews coming out, I wouldn't even play it for free. Plenty of good games already installed and keeping my attention.  

News Comments > LOTRO Revenue Doubles
4. Re: LOTRO Revenue Doubles Oct 8, 2010, 11:39 Zyrxil

The problem is the hidden grindiness, for those...damnit it's been a long time since I've played. What're they called, Faiths? The things you slot that you need to grind monster kills for. That was terrible. That and the grinding of ability uses that you were limited to a certain # per day.

It's very pretty though. The outdoor environments are the best I've seen in a fantasy MMO, and the very understated character armors are a nice change from everything else.

News Comments > Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY
16. Re: Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY Oct 5, 2010, 14:09 Zyrxil

Drezden wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 14:04:
Borderlands has a great sense of humor, and don't let the Cel Shading turn you away. It's pretty much Diablo 2 with guns. Of course it runs into the same pitfalls that Diablo 2 did as well. Like, after the first 2 playthroughs, when you hit max level, it just becomes a quest to farm the last boss for loot. Cause there is nothing else to do till new DLC is released. Was so happy that Claptrap Revolution came out to give me something to do in the game again.
It's not nearly as good as Diablo II:
-No randomized areas
-Loot is much worse and less complex, eg runes/gems
-The talent trees are a joke
-1 active skill per character
-Less classes/skills/talents mean there's really no character building
-Matchmaking is worse than something released a decade ago

News Comments > Civilization V Mod Tools
1. Re: Civilization V Mod Tools Sep 29, 2010, 20:30 Zyrxil

AI mods, go!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 29, 2010, 20:23 Zyrxil

Wtfwtfwtf. Megaman Legends 3, a decade+ later, and on a portable machine? Dick moves! I actually own the PC port of Megaman Legends 1. How many people even knew that existed?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 13:40 Zyrxil

Dev wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 13:27:
Presumably I can still buy the dead rising case zero thing on xbox after this? I'll be waiting until the price drops on DR2, but I want to do the case zero and then this game.

Edit:
Wait... DR2 is available for PC? Isn't the case zero thing xbox exclusive? Blargh. How can I get the bonuses from case zero on PC then. Or is the bonus just to keep the levels you earn?
DR2 is on PS3 too. You can't use Case Zero saves with any version except the 360 version though. But all it does is give you bonus money and up to level 5.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 11:54 Zyrxil

Link to trainer? Time management sucks!  

News Comments > The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month
3. Re: The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month Sep 27, 2010, 15:23 Zyrxil

Or Jockies off the freefall corridor of death after the hospital elevator.  

News Comments > The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month
1. Re: The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 Next Month Sep 27, 2010, 15:18 Zyrxil

No Mercy tight corridors with Spitters and Chargers, that's gonna be brutal.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Darksiders
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 09:20 Zyrxil

peteham wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 04:48:
This is a fine game, if you like the genre. I already played through it on console ages ago though, so I doubt I'll get the PC version. The Steam asking-price also seems a bit stiff to me, at €49.99 for a game that's been console bargain-bin material for at least 6 months. Even though you probably get the usual sharper textures and none of the framerate-issues that were an annoyance in the console version. The controls also felt needlessly clunky at times, but nothing remotely game-breaking.

Oh, and without spoiling too much, the ending is rather bad-ass.
Geez, you Euro guys always get the short end of the stick. $39.99 here.

News Comments > Inception Game Plans
4. Re: Inception Game Plans Sep 21, 2010, 18:22 Zyrxil

The chances of a movie-related game being not-shitty increase exponentially when it is released long long long after the movie is.  

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem
8. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Sep 19, 2010, 14:01 Zyrxil

I don't know what 3D Realms has to do with it. They basically remade DNF from scratch around 5 times. Indie or not, that's bankruptcy.  

741 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo