Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 745 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: SHOGUN 2 Demo
2. Re: Total War: SHOGUN 2 Demo Feb 22, 2011, 13:41 Zyrxil

Time to bring back magazine demo CDs DVDs Blurays.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 18, 2011, 09:54 Zyrxil

Side-scroller? What? Even if you can't be bothered to play the most talked about game of 2007, you could spend 30 seconds on Youtube to see that it's a first person puzzle game.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks
32. Re: Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks Feb 15, 2011, 18:14 Zyrxil

Slashman wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 17:27:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 17:21:

I'd like to be able to sell my movie tickets when I'm done with them as well...but those fuckers always rip them in half.

Movie tickets don't give you lifetime access to watch the movie as many times as you want nor do they cost upwards of $50 so your comparison is apples to oranges.

If I wanted to pay to play the game one time or rent it I might pay $5-$10 for a non refundable ticket to do so.

Treating your consumers like cash registers is not how you build a thriving consumer following. But there does seem to be enough people to support this BS business model, so more power too them. Go for broke.

I picked up a used copy of Dragon Age Origins for the PC, want to say thank you to Bioware for resisting to urge to screw your consumers and allowing one of them to trade this game to me. I haven't started playing it yet but I look forward to trying it and comparing it the 360 version.

Ummm...you realize that Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 both have stuff missing from them if you don't have the original account info that registered the game right?

I was -just- about to point out how insanely ironic Tumbler's example was

Publishers/Game studios do not like people reselling or trading games. Whether you think it's your right or not, they don't make a cent, and the only reason your copy of Dragon Age isn't linked to Steam is because it's linked to Bioware's own accounts. Except that doesn't even let you redownload and whatnot. Even the console versions of Mass Effect II are like this, owners of used copies need to pony up $15 to even be allowed to purchase DLC.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch
2. Re: Battlefield 2142 Patch Feb 15, 2011, 14:56 Zyrxil

Tinnitus...visual?  

News Comments > Crasher Price Cut and Demo
4. Re: removed Feb 11, 2011, 09:54 Zyrxil

It looks like their sales projections *sunglasses* ... crash and burned.

*YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

News Comments > True Crime and Guitar Hero Cancelled
4. Re: True Crime and Guitar Hero Cancelled? Feb 9, 2011, 16:51 Zyrxil

Meh, you can feel sorry for good companies going down the drain, but Neversoft? The only notable thing they've ever made was Tony Hawk.  

News Comments > Volition Would Kill to Make FreeSpace 3
39. Re: Volition Would Feb 9, 2011, 00:59 Zyrxil

Vulkan wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 23:19:
Project Sylpheed for the 360 had many of the core functions crammed into a gamepad that were present in the Freespace series
I'm looking at the Project Sylpheed manual right now, and unless it's incredibly incomplete, you're massively underremembering how many functions there were in Freespace. Power management between three subsystems. Shield quadrant management. Ship subcomponent targeting. Wingman communication & control. Primary weapon linking, secondary weapon switching. Radar controls.

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 23:23:
The thing about the joystick is true, but eh. Once I began playing X with the mouse, I never went back to my joystick. Sure, a joystick IS better in a dogfight, but it can't beat the mouse for that split-second precision fire that has saved my ass many times in combat in X.
Mouse just isn't as good for games where your view rotational speed is completely dependent on the ship you're flying, not the sensitivity you've set in the option. And besides, rolling is a bitch without a rudder or twist rudder.

News Comments > The Darkness II Announced
15. Re: The Darkness II Announced Feb 8, 2011, 15:04 Zyrxil

Beamer wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 11:05:
The story was a bit bothersome to me, as you had full control of the darkness when you were supposed to be totally under its influence but when you got stronger and supposedly had control if it you (the player) were left watching everything play out.

Step 1: Get high
Step 2: Have your mind blown when you realize you as the player are the darkness, and the character gets stronger and stops taking crap (input commands) from you!

News Comments > Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details
52. Re: Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details Feb 7, 2011, 22:12 Zyrxil

You know what they say- if it's time for a new rig, it's time for a new rig that can handle 3 monitors for Eyefinity and drive all 3 in 3D at the same time.  

News Comments > Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details
1. Re: Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details Feb 7, 2011, 10:50 Zyrxil

Need more buildings! Need more urban settings! It's why Arica Harbor was the best map in BC2.  

News Comments > Earthrise Launches
1. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 4, 2011, 20:06 Zyrxil

No hype, no word of mouth, no advertising, no extended beta. Yeah, this game's gonna be around for 10 months tops.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Mods for All Platforms
11. Re: Portal 2 Mods for All Platforms Jan 24, 2011, 15:18 Zyrxil

Not the only difference. PS3 ran in third person, and the game speed was slowed 20%.  

News Comments > League of Legends Adds Co-op
4. Re: League of Legends Adds Co-op Jan 21, 2011, 14:52 Zyrxil

Whether you believe in it or not, the F2P works in attracting big player counts and generates revenue through lots of bite sized transactions adding up to more than the player is willing to spend in one chunk. It has worked very well for them and they have the player counts to (mostly) back up that hyperbole.  

News Comments > League of Legends Adds Co-op
2. Re: League of Legends Adds Co-op Jan 21, 2011, 11:05 Zyrxil

They did yield XP and IP before. It seems to be AI improvements, plus bots for champions that didn't have bots before, and a snazzy new interface for arranging all matches/entering matchmaking so that you can queue and get put automatically into a compstomp game instead of having to create your own custom game and wait for people to join.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 21, 2011, 10:25 Zyrxil

I'm pretty sure those Korean guys who died playing Starcraft beat that record handily.  

News Comments > No Dynamic Difficulty in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2. Re: No Dynamic Difficulty in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jan 18, 2011, 10:40 Zyrxil

"but that person was either drunk or doesn’t work here"

Best refutation ever!

News Comments > Gold - BREACH
6. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 11:13 Zyrxil

LittleMe wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 10:33:
It will also feature a higher performance Hardcore Mode for players looking to play the way operatives train. As one final note for Windows PC gamers everywhere, Atomic listened and included dedicated server support, with remote administration."
What about mouse support and higher resolutions?
Oh shit, Valve never said Portal 2 had mouse support or support for resolutions over 720p either. Guess we should burn and destroy them.

ASeven wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 10:34:
Dedicated servers with remote administration? Isn't that the same kind of servers that Bad Company 2 and Black Ops use?
All dedicated servers have some sort of remote administration program. The difference with BC2 and Black Ops is that you can only rent from preapproved companies, and the dedicated server application itself is not released so you can't turn any spare server you have into dedicated server.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 14, 2011, 10:26 Zyrxil

Beenox is Shit. I guess that makes them a good fit considering the quality of the last few Spider-man titles.  

News Comments > PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings
7. Re: PC Leading BC2: Vietnam Battle for Hastings Dec 29, 2010, 12:01 Zyrxil

I would contend that this is because the console versions bled out their players to Call of Duty.  

News Comments > Civilization V Patch Plans
7. Re: Civilization V Patch Plans Dec 11, 2010, 20:07 Zyrxil

Sepharo wrote on Dec 11, 2010, 13:20:
Tons of good fixes but I don't see any mention of late game performance or really any performance improvements at all.

SERIALIZATION/SAVES]

* Fixed save format which causes saves to increase the memory footprint of the game drastically when loading frequently over the course of the game. This heightened the risk of late-game our of memory crashes significantly.

745 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo