Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC This Summer
18. Re: Portal 2 DLC This Summer Apr 27, 2011, 21:31 Zyrxil

Tumbler wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 21:00:
There's no reason that there wouldn't be an sdk released at some point

Cept money....a lot of fucking money. It would be very much like Valve at this point to focus on creating their own content rather than offering tools for the community to make their own content. Valve has become less focused on letting the community take advantage of these games and more focused on creating their own content to offer users. In some cases this is offered free as those mutations they did with L4D2 were, but ultimately they appear to be trying to corral players into their content rather than encourage the community to contribute and participate as they have in the past. Like with TF2, all those hats and such, I doubt you earn those on custom servers? So people are more likely to play official TF2 servers? It's not unlike how BF2 offered those extra weapons playing on ranked servers and the unranked servers became a ghost town?

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I don't believe Valve will do anything other than try to support their own internal content creation.
You're worse than retarded, you're actively making up history to support your assertions. Valve didn't promote player content with L4D2? How about the custom campaign support from inside the game? The blog posts on the official blog for custom campaigns they liked? The official-ized addon pack compromised of custom campaigns?

TF2 hats? There are no "official" or unofficial servers in TF2. Never has been. You could play on whatever server with whatever custom maps or custom rules you want. The most there is notations in the server browser to indicate if your server isn't vanilla.

Tumbler wrote:
So $50 for a $20 game, and DLC announced right away... At least it's not 0-day I guess : )
$50 for game that's 4x longer than Portal 1 and free DLC announced right away.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC This Summer
11. Re: Portal 2 DLC This Summer Apr 27, 2011, 20:50 Zyrxil

It's a generic catchall term for any addon, no matter expansion sized or Horse Armor sized. Yes, consoles have also contributed a tiny bit to killing English. I imagine it'll probably be more Co-op levels.  

News Comments > Prototype 2 Trailer
1. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 11:02 Zyrxil

Why Alex Mercer is the enemy? Isn't being a mass murderer enough? For all that Prototype got wrong- it really got the feeling of being divorced from humanity right. Sure people would start out trying to avoid civilian deaths, but as you grew more powerful and the missions larger in scope, it just became absolutely impossible. You cared as little about the virtual life as the character did.  

News Comments > DoW II: Retribution Ė The Last Standalone, and Relic ♥s Steam
9. Re: DoW II: Retribution Ė The Last Standalone, and Relic &#9829;s Steam Apr 21, 2011, 10:20 Zyrxil

That and loading screens, and the gesture store. The loading flash screens are unimmersive. They seem more console oriented since on PCs the loading is fast enough that you don't want a disruptive transitional screen that interrupts the audio.  

News Comments > Streets of Rage Remake Yoinked
1. Re: Streets of Rage Remake Yoinked Apr 12, 2011, 10:35 Zyrxil

Of course the first thing I did after I read this was download it off a torrent. Upload to Sharebee and a dozen digital lockers, go!  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Specs
15. Re: The Witcher 2 Specs Apr 5, 2011, 13:18 Zyrxil

I've never seen another article that says the console ports are even past the wishful thinking stages. In any case, there is no 360 version being released even on the horizon, so the pertinent part of that article is obviously wrong. It's from April 2010 after all.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Specs
8. Re: The Witcher 2 Specs Apr 5, 2011, 12:24 Zyrxil

Bhruic wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 11:36:
Which means they have absolutely no adapted gui nor gameplay for the PC version nor optimized controls to m/kb.

Big difference between "supports" and "requires". Consolitis is always a worry, but in this case, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.
Adapted to PC? You realize this game is a PC exclusive for the foreseeable future? Sure they have console plans, but there's not adaptation needed when yours is the lead platform and the console ports haven't even started.

News Comments > Spider-Man: Edge of Time Announced
3. Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time Announced Mar 31, 2011, 13:30 Zyrxil

Beenox has always been shit. They've done all the Spider-Man PC ports, and not one could even be described as decent. Throwing the franchise to them means Activision doesn't think there's much profit in it, at least until the next Spider-Man movie hits.  

News Comments > Mafia II Director's Cut Announced
8. Re: Mafia II Director's Cut Announced Mar 30, 2011, 15:16 Zyrxil

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 14:54:
Verno wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 14:45:
Game would have been a lot more entertaining if the majority of it didn't consist of this:

*drive 10 minutes across the city listening to dialogue and background music*

*kill/fight/pick up something for one minute*

*drive 10 minutes back to your apartment*

Chopping up the base game into DLC was an exceptionally poor decision considering the games long development span too.

Those complaints, and pretty much every other complaint about Mafia 2, could be leveled on the first game which was considered a masterpiece at the time.

I loved Mafia 2. It's not a game for everyone though, certainly... more about immersion than gameplay. The original was exactly the same though.
The first game had better writing. That's crucial. The characters were more likeable, and the execution was just far better overall. Mafia 2 also gives the impression of large chunks being cut out because they just couldn't finish it.

News Comments > Blizzard Playing Titan Already
1. Re: Blizzard Playing Titan Already Mar 9, 2011, 11:19 Zyrxil

I believe that it's the type of game that will have a very long life, much like World of Warcraft has.

Of course, before WoW was released they expected a 5 year lifetime and a million subscribers at the very most, so it's not like they're any good at predictions.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August?
15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 17:45 Zyrxil

Acleacius wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 14:39:
They have been hyping for 6 months, now they need another 5? There must have been too many bugs, to release or their having issues with their craptastic drm. Seems like almost every single major drm controversy Ubi has been front and center.

I've been avoiding all videos and reviews also to prevent spoilers, in case the game actually turns out good. Otherwise I'll wait 6 months.

What the hell does Ubisoft have to do with anything? It's developed by Eidos and published by SquareEnix.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 6, 2011, 14:22 Zyrxil

I wonder when Bioware is just gonna stop pretending and go straight God of War/Gears of War. It's pretty obvious that's the way they're going.  

News Comments > Valve Announces Steam Guard
37. Re: Valve Announces Steam Guard Mar 3, 2011, 16:11 Zyrxil

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 15:46:
They say Steam Guard, which will be available to third-party developers, will also support Intel's upcoming Identity Protection Technology, a hardware encryption scheme for 2nd Generation Intel Core CPUS that replaces the need for an external key generator.

This part, however, does read like it would/could tie your game to one PC and one PC only.

The publisher's wet dream.

Creston
The "external key generator" is a key fob, ala banks and WoW.

Darks wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 15:51:
This has to be about the worst idea ever, I would rather they give me a token to lock down my account with like WOW uses rather then tie my account to a CPU. Absolutely stupid, so what happens when that CPU goes bad or you change it out and then try to access your account. And are now locked out because the hardware has changed? I guess pled and beg Valve to fix it, which who knows how long that will take. No thank you! I donít need this type of BS intrusion locked down on my account.
This is easily the most retarded response to this news release. What happens if you lose your bank or WoW key fob? Yeah, you have to go through some annoying shit. Same as if you got your account hacked, except the whole point is that having the key fob makes the whole situation less likely. Now they're doing key fob type security without the cost of having to mail a fob to every one of their customers.
BTW Gabe, if you donít like fixing people accounts then get out of the business, this is part of the business model whether you like it or not.
BTW, if you like not having a security feature, then don't complain when you get hacked and it takes a week to get everything back to normal.

Beamer wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 15:59:
I actually fail to see what this does, period, or what benefit any of the 3 groups involved (valve, devs, users) get.
Jesus, does no one here do online banking? Banks already do this kind of hardware lock, in addition to key fobs. The benefit is less accounts stolen, which means less headaches for both customers and customer support.

30. Re: Valve Announces Steam Guard Mar 3, 2011, 15:25 Zyrxil

DangerDog wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 14:29:
Sounds to me like it could also be implemented into some form of extra DRM in the name of "Identity Protection". Imagine the next Activision Call of Duty that implements this system, no need for CD-Keys as the game is locked to your PC hardware.

You know what that's called? Securom. It's been doing that for more than 4 years, FFS. It locks to hardware, and still has CD-keys.

News Comments > Call of Juarez: The Cartel Details, Trailer
1. Re: Call of Juarez: The Cartel Details, Trailer Mar 3, 2011, 15:06 Zyrxil

Featuring Exploding Tire (TM) technology.  

19. Re: Valve Announces Steam Guard Mar 3, 2011, 14:25 Zyrxil

Yes, Management, as in your account password, email, and CC info.  

17. Re: Valve Announces Steam Guard Mar 3, 2011, 14:19 Zyrxil

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 14:13:
As long as this is optional, then thats cool, Valve needs to realize some people travel and often use more than 1 pc with their steam account, especially for smaller indie games.

Again, what? This is about changing account settings, not locking games to a specific PC.

9. Re: Valve Announces Steam Guard Mar 3, 2011, 13:55 Zyrxil

DangerDog wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 13:47:
Your game purchase has been locked to the PC you're using, for security purposes of course.

Developers would never abuse such a system.

What the what?

Attempts to modify or change account settings by any other PC won't be possible without the user's approval.

News Comments > Sengoku Announced
4. Re: Sengoku Announced Feb 28, 2011, 17:15 Zyrxil

Sounded pretty living under a rock serious.

www.totalwar.com/shogun2

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
5. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 13:32 Zyrxil

Not to mention competing with Netflix for movie/tv streaming.  

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo