Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 750 (Graduate)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Attendees Get MW3 Hardened Edition
2. Re: Call of Duty XP Attendees Get MW3 Hardened Edition Aug 3, 2011, 21:31 Zyrxil

It's a new convention, so I imagine they're trying to promote it as hard as they can.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 15 Million League of Legends Registrations
9. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 26, 2011, 14:27 Zyrxil

Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 13:13:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 11:00:
I downloaded this game about six months ago on a whim, based on the fact that PC Gamer gave it Game of the Year honors. At first I didn't think much, but after awhile it grew on me, and I still play several games a week. It really is a fantastic game, simultaneously rewards strategy and coordination. Its also a perfect game for short play sessions, 3 vs 3s last 30 minutes on average. If you're even remotely curious I would encourage you to check it out.

*the guy complaining about clicking probably didn't like Diablo, Starcraft, or any other number of games either*

Sorry, but Diablo or Star Craft never required you to click the mouse rapidly in succession over and over. And please, donít assume you know me or what Iíve played, because you donít!
You seem to imply the game is based on whoever clicking faster being the winner, which is pretty fucking stupid, so you deserve whatever you get.

News Comments > Prototype 2 in April 2012
17. Re: Prototype 2 in April 2012 Jul 21, 2011, 09:36 Zyrxil

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 22:43:
Prototype had some really insane action, but it got frustrating constantly being hit by bullets and tank shells and monster attacks coming from 20 different directions at once.

Never had that problem at all. Yeah, it was frenetic, but that was the fun of it. You really had to know your powers, and do tank stealing, debris lobbing, heli-chain-hopping. It got more difficult as the game went, but that's a good thing. Too many games have negative learning curves, starting out hard and ending up absurdly easy. Infamous, for example.

Verno wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 08:48:
Infamous is a much slower paced action game that focuses more on strategic use of powers and cover. In fact many of the powers are simple animation replacements for run of the mill FPS abilities. [b]The story is somewhat interesting[/b] and told through a series of in-game cutscenes and comic book style clips.

No. I mean, I thought Prototype's story was bad, and it was, but Infamous is just as bad if not worse. It's the worst handling of exposition I have ever seen. The comic book style clips are just absolutely terrible storytelling technique. I think it's obvious they ran out of money for voice actors other than the main guy for those. Also, they were done after the main game was completed and they went backwards to patch in the story.

Also, you mean tactical, not strategic, and while there's some of that in using cover in Infamous, there was plenty of tactical decisions to make in Prototype, as evidenced by people who thought it got too hard.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2011, 09:44.

News Comments > Dishonored Revealed
7. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 14:45 Zyrxil

And unfortunately sucky everything else, beyond the first town. Arx was great though.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 11:58 Zyrxil

Acleacius wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 11:55:
I've avoided 90% of the previews and didn't get the leak, but this is exactly why I'm still concerned about the game's quality. We're stuck with it either way, it's too late to fix if it's broken.

Sad when we have to hope for mediocre from the game industry.
That post didn't make a lot of sense...none at all, really. You avoided all information so you're worried about a game's quality based on a lawsuit?

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Trailer
4. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Jun 24, 2011, 16:10 Zyrxil

VTOL jets! That's a day one buy.  

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind's New Perspective
1. Re: A Valley Without Wind's New Perspective Jun 21, 2011, 10:24 Zyrxil

Duke Nukem syndrome. Work on graphics, work some more on graphics, suddenly decide to change all graphics.  

News Comments > PAYDAY: The Heist Announced
5. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Announced Jun 6, 2011, 16:57 Zyrxil

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 10:41:
Well the graphics look downright horrible, but if the gameplay can achieve that sort of Heat like intensity it might be worth looking at. That means planning and pre-work, if it's just busting in like the wild west, guns blazing, than forget it.

Meh, Heat style scenes for games are overdone. How about the other kind of heist- Ocean's 11 style. Obviously it'd be less about kooky personalities and handsome leading men, but more non violent clever planning and team management.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
11. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 3, 2011, 14:08 Zyrxil

CDP started and owns GOG 100%. Do you complain Portal 2 only has forums under Steam?  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
8. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 3, 2011, 13:20 Zyrxil

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:02:
Oh i love how you are very witty sarcastic there, with their forums being non-existent and all...

And sidenote: GOD DAMN I HATE FLU

LMGTFY.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow
8. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow Jun 3, 2011, 00:25 Zyrxil

It was apparently a rug on the wall that had a design like a prayer rug.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow
6. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow Jun 2, 2011, 23:33 Zyrxil

"By mistake on one of the carpets in one of the games brothels there were islamic motives. Not a good taste and pure mistake. Carpets in this particular brothel then get exchanged;)

Michal
CDP RED"

News Comments > Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes
20. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes Jun 2, 2011, 16:08 Zyrxil

spindoctor wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 14:27:
ASeven wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 13:54:
On the topic, funny that Capcom, of all publishers, is actually one that listens to PC gamers and actually puts into practice some of its promises.

Isn't it great how PC gamers rewarded Capcom for this by making SF4 one of the highest pirated games of 2009?

You realize # pirated copies is directly related to # of copies sold and popularity overall?

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Announced
2. Re: Gotham City Impostors Announced May 16, 2011, 16:24 Zyrxil

It's a helluva creative excuse for why everyone is a Batman clone, though.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2011, 12:03 Zyrxil

The Royal Wedding pic is a fake. The colors in the Disney scenes have been altered:
First
Second

It's like 2 days old and the originals were dug out when it was 1 day 23 hours 50 minutes old.

News Comments > The Cursed Crusade Co-op Trailer
1. Re: The Cursed Crusade Co-op Trailer May 10, 2011, 17:56 Zyrxil

The "Other" Crusades based co-op slasher/beat-em-up. I do think the animations in this look better than First Templar, and I have to say I do think more highly of Atlus than Kalypso, even if they are only the publishers.  

News Comments > The First Templar in U.K. Friday
1. Re: The First Templar in U.K. Friday May 4, 2011, 17:09 Zyrxil

Wasn't expecting this. Sandwiched between Brink and Witcher 2.  

News Comments > New Black Prophecy Content
3. Re: New Black Prophecy Content May 3, 2011, 13:06 Zyrxil

Only officially out in Europe right now.  

News Comments > New Black Prophecy Content
1. Re: New Black Prophecy Content May 3, 2011, 11:37 Zyrxil

Call it Black Prophecy EU, because that's what it is at this point :p  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: How to repair a graphics card with the oven trick. May 2, 2011, 18:19 Zyrxil

Wait, what the fuck? They actually called it an E6760? Come on, like there's not enough confusion with PC component naming that they have to intentionally name something so similar to Intel processor models from 3 years ago.  

750 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo