Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 745 (Apprentice)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2011, 11:19 Zyrxil

Chase Carey said there had been discussions about the possibility of setting up a Simpsons cable channel in the US, devoted to showing repeats of the show.

You know...I'd watch that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
5. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 20:37 Zyrxil

We are currently having issues with passwords containing
special characters (such as &%<>).

Until we have fixed this, you can change your password to
only use alphanumeric characters at http://profile.ea.com

Fuck you too, EA.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November
13. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 17:18 Zyrxil

For a singleplayer game there is absolutely no need for GFWL.

GTAIV had multiplayer. It was laggy as fuck, both in terms of latency due to no-dedicated-servers and game-state itself as random hosters' PCs couldn't handle games of 24 people with vehicles and pedestrians in an open city.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November
10. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 16:56 Zyrxil

It's probably still selling too well on consoles. They'll port RDR when the sales completely dry up.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage
6. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 27, 2011, 00:25 Zyrxil

Nate wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 23:43:
Guess beta invite will be tomorrow.

It'll come Midnight...Pacific.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta
13. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta Sep 26, 2011, 16:55 Zyrxil

McSterls wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 16:18:
Just saw that those Recommended System Specs from a few weeks ago were for Medium Quality only, Ultra quality requires 2 580 GTX's in SLI mode.

Every little bit these new drivers can help the better.

Eh, Ultra probably includes SSAO, 16x supersampling, and all kind of ungodly performance-killing settings.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta
1. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta Sep 26, 2011, 11:28 Zyrxil

38%, that's crazy. I'd like to see the conditions and settings that kind of improvement occurs under.  

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends
7. Re: NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends Sep 22, 2011, 16:44 Zyrxil

Those are hugely inaccurate graphs.

The revenue one shows PC gaming revenues grow nonstop while console revenues dip 5% in the next 5 years. Optimistic, to say the least.

The performance one has the 8800GT being 3x as powerful as a console. The console GPUs are approximately 7800GTX level, and there is no benchmark that will show a 8800GT as 3x the power of a 7800GTX.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City New Game Plus Mode Revealed
4. Re: Batman: Arkham City New Game Plus Mode Revealed Sep 1, 2011, 10:05 Zyrxil

Uh, yeah, wasn't there already an absence of indicator bolts on hard in Arkham Asylum?  

News Comments > No More Shepard After Mass Effect 3
3. Re: No More Shepard After Mass Effect 3 Aug 30, 2011, 10:15 Zyrxil

Shepard will not appear in further Mass Effect games. Thanks Joystiq.

Oh, unless they completely disintegrate Shepard's body, I'm sure there'll be numerous cameos.

News Comments > Hawken Film Rights Optioned, New Game Trailer Tomorrow
3. Re: Hawken Film Rights Optioned, New Game Trailer Tomorrow Aug 25, 2011, 19:55 Zyrxil

What's hard to believe? Attractive male lead and female lead, high budget special effects, gritty setting- sounds like summer blockbuster gold.  

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
22. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 23, 2011, 00:49 Zyrxil

Razumen wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 23:33:
I've been using Razer mice for years and I've never regretted paying the slight premium for quality.
Ha, that's worth a chuckle. Razer is renowned for their shitty plastic material and inconsistent build quality. It's not 1999, you know. Everyone makes high-DPI mice these days.

News Comments > DmC Devil May Cry Gamescom Trailer
1. Re: DmC Devil May Cry Gamescom Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 13:40 Zyrxil

Kids these days- When I was young, we only rebooted franchises after three console generations had passed! And where's the extra D? We went from 2D to 3D for reboots, where's the 4D?  

News Comments > John Carmack on Unlimited Detail and More
7. Re: John Carmack on Unlimited Detail and More Aug 13, 2011, 21:09 Zyrxil

Fion wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 19:50:
I think the Voxel demonstration released recently was extremely impressive, for a tech that is very early in it's development I didn't expect to see animations yet.

Uh, the whole point of what everybody's been saying is that it's not new. In fact the same company has been presenting its revolutionary technology for many years, and plenty of other smart people have been doing work with similar tech for as long or longer.

News Comments > Bridge It Adds ATI Support
1. Re: Bridge It Adds ATI Support Aug 13, 2011, 13:41 Zyrxil

Wow, that is quite a long delay.  

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Attendees Get MW3 Hardened Edition
2. Re: Call of Duty XP Attendees Get MW3 Hardened Edition Aug 3, 2011, 21:31 Zyrxil

It's a new convention, so I imagine they're trying to promote it as hard as they can.  

News Comments > 15 Million League of Legends Registrations
9. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 26, 2011, 14:27 Zyrxil

Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 13:13:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 11:00:
I downloaded this game about six months ago on a whim, based on the fact that PC Gamer gave it Game of the Year honors. At first I didn't think much, but after awhile it grew on me, and I still play several games a week. It really is a fantastic game, simultaneously rewards strategy and coordination. Its also a perfect game for short play sessions, 3 vs 3s last 30 minutes on average. If you're even remotely curious I would encourage you to check it out.

*the guy complaining about clicking probably didn't like Diablo, Starcraft, or any other number of games either*

Sorry, but Diablo or Star Craft never required you to click the mouse rapidly in succession over and over. And please, donít assume you know me or what Iíve played, because you donít!
You seem to imply the game is based on whoever clicking faster being the winner, which is pretty fucking stupid, so you deserve whatever you get.

News Comments > Prototype 2 in April 2012
17. Re: Prototype 2 in April 2012 Jul 21, 2011, 09:36 Zyrxil

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 22:43:
Prototype had some really insane action, but it got frustrating constantly being hit by bullets and tank shells and monster attacks coming from 20 different directions at once.

Never had that problem at all. Yeah, it was frenetic, but that was the fun of it. You really had to know your powers, and do tank stealing, debris lobbing, heli-chain-hopping. It got more difficult as the game went, but that's a good thing. Too many games have negative learning curves, starting out hard and ending up absurdly easy. Infamous, for example.

Verno wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 08:48:
Infamous is a much slower paced action game that focuses more on strategic use of powers and cover. In fact many of the powers are simple animation replacements for run of the mill FPS abilities. [b]The story is somewhat interesting[/b] and told through a series of in-game cutscenes and comic book style clips.

No. I mean, I thought Prototype's story was bad, and it was, but Infamous is just as bad if not worse. It's the worst handling of exposition I have ever seen. The comic book style clips are just absolutely terrible storytelling technique. I think it's obvious they ran out of money for voice actors other than the main guy for those. Also, they were done after the main game was completed and they went backwards to patch in the story.

Also, you mean tactical, not strategic, and while there's some of that in using cover in Infamous, there was plenty of tactical decisions to make in Prototype, as evidenced by people who thought it got too hard.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2011, 09:44.

News Comments > Dishonored Revealed
7. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 14:45 Zyrxil

And unfortunately sucky everything else, beyond the first town. Arx was great though.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 11:58 Zyrxil

Acleacius wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 11:55:
I've avoided 90% of the previews and didn't get the leak, but this is exactly why I'm still concerned about the game's quality. We're stuck with it either way, it's too late to fix if it's broken.

Sad when we have to hope for mediocre from the game industry.
That post didn't make a lot of sense...none at all, really. You avoided all information so you're worried about a game's quality based on a lawsuit?

745 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo