Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1075 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Morrowind Gold
36. Re: #35 Apr 23, 2002, 22:11 Morgan19

>>You can go anywhere and do anything at anytime. If that's not replayability I don't know what is.<<

Basically what I said, except a lot more concise.

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: #33 Apr 23, 2002, 22:03 Morgan19

You obviously either a) have been living under a rock, b) never played Daggerfall, or c) don't know what you're talking about.

The fact that you're putting it in terms of "replayability" is lacking inofitself... It doesn't MATTER about the classic term of replayability, because the point of the game is that you won't have to finish it and play again. It's replayable, as you put it, WITHIN the very first game, in a manner of speaking. You can do so much and your character can grow so many different ways that you won't need to worry about replaying. See? So using the term replayability like you did might apply to something like Final Fantasy or Quake, but I really think you're going to have to change your definition.

And again, you're assuming that the term single player has and always will be definitive. How many people reread books over and over because they love the story? Do they expect it to change each time, or do they expect "the same main quest," so to speak, every time? Just because you think something doesn't change doesn't mean it becomes worthless after the first time. As further examples, consider your favorite TV show, music, movie, food, or sport: Does your favorite episode of "The Wonder Years" change each time you watch it? Does your mom's best apple pie recipe change each month? How many times have you watched "The Shining" and loved each time? (As examples.)

I'm sorry, but your opinion is really limited and very outdated. Just read some previews and go pick up Arena or Daggerfall to get an idea of what's in store, then try and apply the label "replayability" to this game. It's just the wrong outlook, period.

In any case, if you do believe that... Well, we'll be here loving the game for a long time while you sit back missing out. =P There are still people playing Daggerfall, years and years after it was released. (Hell, I'd still have it on my drive if I could get it to run on XP.) Now what do you think that says about your term of replayability? Basically, you must not know much about the game and the game's style to make that kind of a judgement, regardless of if it's out yet or not. I can guarantee you that people who buy it are going to love it and play it for a looong time.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 22:10.

32. Re: #29 & #31 Apr 23, 2002, 21:01 Morgan19

I'm thinking of pick up (or trying to, anyway) a 4200 when they come out as well. Does anyone have any idea what level power supply is needed to run one correctly? I've been hearing anywhere from 300W to 400W.

m19

News Comments > The VATZ Unveiled
2. Re: #1 Apr 22, 2002, 12:32 Morgan19

Would you prefer no terms at all? Why should a developer not say how their game takes advantage of recent hardware advances...? If you had a product that used the "latest cutting-edge" technology, production, or whatever, would YOU spend all the money on it to not hype it up? It's ridiculous to expect that marketing won't come into the formula, that's what business is about. Of course they're going to say whatever it takes to make a product sound better, whether it really is or not!

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 12:33.

News Comments > Soldier of Fortune II Preview
24. Re: 22 Apr 21, 2002, 13:58 Morgan19

I'm still waiting for 22 to register instead of hiding behind an IP. If you know so much (which you obviously don't), why not bother giving a name to your snot-faced opinion, hmm?

m19

21. Re: My own grin Apr 21, 2002, 11:33 Morgan19

...and your period should be inside the " marks, what's your point?

m19

19. Re: Um, huh? Apr 21, 2002, 09:52 Morgan19

Agreed. Whiners either think it's too different from the first game or just the same, and aren't ever satisfied.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 11:32.

13. Re: #12 Apr 21, 2002, 04:04 Morgan19

First off idiot, learn sarcasm. It's called being friendly on the board.

Secondly, and I'm going to take this up because of the amazing arrogance and monumental ignorange you've just displayed, how is the shortening of a contraction, hardly an "arbitraty rule," not standard? Please. Try and sound less intelligent, you don't pull it off well, especially not as anon@149.159, mmkay? If you want to argue that it's an English-only "arbitrary" rule, care to explain why the "arbitrary rules" of contractions are found in English, French, Spanish, German, Portugese, Italian, and Braille? Oh yeah, my mistake, they must all happen to agree on the same "rules" as well. Right.

The rules of language are as "real," as you are so stupidly questioning it, as anything from respective traffic laws, physics, or the fact that the sky is blue and the grass is green. If you so steadfastly believe that there is no such thing as correct grammar, care to explain why you formed your sentences the way you did, in a (basically) human and understandable way? Why not type "Afhhe yuar oyule ouqiu mcnbw" instead, hmm? I'm afraid the answer is because of your so-called "arbitrary" rules that you follow so blindly, apparently. 'Baaa, baaaaaa,' sheep.

I swear, I think I've always seen it all around here and then someone who's even more of an anonymous lamer comes along. But seriously, do you REALLY believe you're so smart and radical for disagreeing with this? Come on, find some other crusade to follow because the fact that you're questioning this one is lame and just shows how eager you are to disagree without any basis on an arguable standpoint. It's REALLY difficult to take some bratty little anonymous kid seriously on this board whose message reads "ign sucks those gimps want money now to view their screenshots? Not likely" without any sort of normal punctuation to show that you even accomplished grade school. Good god, how dumb are you?

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 04:20.

10. Re: #9 Apr 21, 2002, 00:35 Morgan19

#9, I'd be interested in how you came up with surefire take on SoF2 with just the test and a preview, which you didn't even play yourself? Are you clairvoyant, can you see into the future?

Quit making "I know it all" statements before the game's even out, it just makes you look stupid.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 00:35.

7. Now wait just a minute! Apr 20, 2002, 22:25 Morgan19

1) If you know the difference, why'd you use the wrong one?

2) And who said anything about just starting? I said "I'm on a quest," not "I'm starting a quest." I've been doing this since 1879, and the Internet sure isn't the first place. So you see, I'm not going to cry about this.

I got over that with the Civil War and everyone running around screaming "Weellluh hot diggity damn, maw!"

m19

5. Heh. Apr 20, 2002, 21:50 Morgan19

I'm on a quest to make the world a better grammatical place:

http://www.word-detective.com/back-d.html

m19

News Comments > Team Factor Internet Demo
12. Re: #11 Apr 19, 2002, 20:24 Morgan19

I agree completely with your comments about 9, but I wasn't going to say anything. How someone can post a one-liner opinion sans explanation, expecting people to value it, and then tell us that it's based off of nothing more than others' opinion without self-experience... You're right, that is sad.

Well said, #11.

m19

News Comments > Team Factor Internet Demo
7. Re: Thanks all! Apr 19, 2002, 17:40 Morgan19

I like all the "I know all" verdicts on these demos. Just because one person doesn't like, the next one might. If you're going to say something stupid like "it's not good" at least bother trying to come up with reasons.

m19

News Comments > SoF2 Multiplayer Test
25. Re: cant connect ! Apr 18, 2002, 19:14 Morgan19

I couldn't get onto any servers ('cept my own ^_^) either, for the same reasons: either erroneously full or password protected. My ping sorter was also b0rked.

Aside from that, what's the deal with the nasty white fog? If they needed to fog out the bottom, I'd think black fog would've blended in a lot more nicely instead of a glaring white abyss.

And for whoever got on my case a few days ago about commenting on how UT2003 is said to be slower than UT, look how many people are commenting on THIS test's speed? I'm not crazy, developers ARE slowing things down. Personally I'd rather have things back to Q1 speeds and put reflexes back into the skill factor...

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 19:17.

News Comments > Trials of Ascension Announced
4. Re: #2 Apr 18, 2002, 16:53 Morgan19

Ironic, considering you can't type, spell, or use punctuation correctly.

m19

News Comments > UT2003 Q&A, Previews
6. Re: Morrowind Apr 18, 2002, 13:47 Morgan19

Not quite, unless we somehow got catapulted straight out of April into May. MW's supposed to be released the first week or so in May.

m19

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. GF4 Ti4200 Apr 18, 2002, 10:43 Morgan19

Any news on the 4200 is good news. I wish they'd give an idea of what kind of PSU we'll need to run it, though.

m19

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. MotoRacer 3 Apr 17, 2002, 12:11 Morgan19

"Multiplayer mode should be a good addition to this game, however, without GameSpy Arcade there would be no option -- there is no built-in server service to aid you."

Gee, how noble/modest of them. It's inevitable since the review is on GS, but it's not like that's the only game browser available.

m19

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 2003 Preview
7. Re: Speed Apr 16, 2002, 21:35 Morgan19

My only point, fellow idiot, was that they're saying UT2003 is SLOWER than UT which yes, in my opinion, is slow. Then the first Mr. Anonymous (just like you, I see!) came along and made an issue of it.

...and it's "you're," not "your." Takes one...

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 21:35.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 2003 Preview
5. Re: Speed Apr 16, 2002, 21:01 Morgan19

Again, I'm talking about the overall player movement speed, not one trick or move... Player physics that are overall slower are not "faster" because of a strafe jump. Why is this so hard to understand?

m19

1075 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo