Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1064 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Changes
14. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 13:11 Morgan19

Overon wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:19:
So what happens to all the players that have unlocked classes and unlocked perks and abilities to classes that are going away or to classes that are being changed? I hope we don't get shafted.

Posts on the beta boards seem to indicate that, if you've unlocked stuff that's being removed, you'll get the equivalent amount of XP back to re-spend on whatever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Patch
1. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 16:03 Morgan19

Yowza, that's quite a list!  

News Comments > Homefront Ultimate Edition
3. Re: Homefront Ultimate Edition Jan 10, 2012, 13:08 Morgan19

Yeah, SP was a joke but MP was actually a lot of fun. Thought it combined twitchier gameplay with more tactical elements nicely.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Patched
1. Re: Tribes Ascend Patched Dec 22, 2011, 10:15 Morgan19

Username and password are now remembered when selecting the ‘Remember Me’ checkbox at login.
How novel!

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
2. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 10:10 Morgan19

So you don't want VOIP as part of the installation, but requiring the game and Origin and Battlelog and the kitchen sink is just peachy?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Fixes; Back to Karkand Teaser Trailer
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Fixes; Back to Karkand Teaser Trailer Nov 5, 2011, 21:18 Morgan19

The problem with your gpu will be fixed in a NVIDIA driver update this month
Has nvidia acknowledged the issue and said they're working on a fix, or is it just speculation? Would be awesome if it's true...

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Fixes; Back to Karkand Teaser Trailer
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Fixes; Back to Karkand Teaser Trailer Nov 5, 2011, 13:23 Morgan19

When they talk about fixes like this... How do you actually get get the fix? I right-click the game in Origin and the game says it's already up-to-date; the Battlelog browser plugin says the same. Just wondering if these wonderful fixes of their's will solve all the 560 Ti problems.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 3, 2011, 22:51 Morgan19

Still no dice (ha) on getting the damn thing to run again. I've repaired the game through Origin, reinstalled the game, reinstalled Origin, reinstalled GeForce drivers, set the Origin and BF3 exe's to run as Admin or in Windows 7 compatibility mode, already run Win7 in classic non-Aero mode, tried Origin in offline mode, underclocked my videocard, reinstalled MS Framework 4, enabled Limit CPUID and so on.

Nothing has worked. Blah.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 3, 2011, 11:55 Morgan19

I hope they reveal Super Mario Bros. 3 at the tournament!  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin?
24. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 17:22 Morgan19

Does Single Player work or do both SP & MP not start?

Nope, both SP and MP have the exact same issue of not starting.

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 15:11 Morgan19

So it doesn't get to the point of "logging in"?

I start up Origin, login, and click on BF3 to play; that launches Battlelog and I log in; I find a server and click Play again. Then Origin tells me it's launching BF3, the blank window pops up and then just sits there. I login to Battlelog fine, if that's what you mean?

I also just tried IE9 (have been using Firefox) and it returned an error saying IE9 x64 isn't a supported browser.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 14:32 Morgan19

Do you notice that it opens up Battlefield on your taskbar? Try clicking that on your taskbar.

Heh yes, I noticed; I'm not that unobservant.

Clicking the taskbar icon pops up the window as if it's going to switch over, but it just stays an outlined window and never goes "into" the program no matter how long I wait. I've tried all the usual suggestions... Reinstalled game, Origin, drivers, MS framework, etc. and tried changing how I start it up (through Battlelog, through Origin, through shortcut) to no avail.

The really frustrating thing is that it worked the first day, then has done the same hanging since then, despite absolutely nothing having changed on my system since the first time.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2011, 14:37.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 13:35 Morgan19

Awesome... Now if only I could get the game to progress past the "Initializing" status. Worked the first day and hasn't since.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
7. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 11:01 Morgan19

Your Google-Fu is greater than mine.

Not Google-Fu, but first-hand experience. =P Having had the issue for over a month, I've been (fruitlessly) looking into solutions for just as long.

Glad to see an attempt is finally being made to resolve it... Hopefully.

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
4. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 10:55 Morgan19

TDR stands for "timeout detection and recovery"; it's apparently a part of Windows 7. From what I understand, what happens is that your computer reduces the power to your card, thinking nothing's using it, and Windows detects that as a problem and then the TDR error kicks in. When that happens, it makes your system freeze for a second, the screen goes black for 4-5 seconds, and then comes back with a "the display driver stopped responding" popup. It's not a hard crash (for me, anyway), but it can be annoying especially when it happens four or five times in under an hour.

I started getting them as soon as I installed a GTX 560 Ti last month, but the problem only seems to happen when I'm in Firefox. I've had three sets of Geforce drivers during the month and so far they've all done it.

For the time being, disabling TDR has worked for me.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Sep 22, 2011, 21:28 Morgan19

Nice Tribes video on TTH. The narrator could've used a little more excitement in his voice, but I actually got a good T1/2 vibe from it.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Preloads
23. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Preloads Sep 13, 2011, 09:12 Morgan19

Are there demo plans? I've never played the original and this looks/sounds like something I'd like, but would still prefer to "try" first.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn, the "Casual-Player Hostile" Action/RPG
14. Re: Grim Dawn, the Aug 4, 2011, 08:39 Morgan19

I hadn't heard of this game until someone mentioned over in the D3 thread, and am glad they did: looks fun, and it's promising that it has connections to the Titan Quest crew.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon?
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 10:31 Morgan19

< insert witty remark about this news story already having been reported below, or vice-versa >  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 12:19 Morgan19

Great, if it works. But if the stats site is anything like the BFBC2 stats page that perpetually shows a queue of 5000 and never updates properly... Meh.  

1064 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo