Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 3
1. HomeLan & UT2k4... May 16, 2003, 10:32 Morgan19

...notes that currently the game is scheduled to ship this fall and there are already plans to offer people who currently have UT2003 a rebate if they buy the new game.

That's good news for those... mmm, few people (heh) who've been up in arms about how UT2k3 owners will be handled when UT2k4 comes.

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM III Trailer
40. Just watched the trailer May 14, 2003, 19:41 Morgan19

Oh my freakin' lord this is going to be a good game.

m19

News Comments > Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
9. Woo-wee! May 14, 2003, 16:43 Morgan19

but if some arrogant twit makes it personal

Wow, interesting! I was under the impression that I was commenting on how you short-sightedly said 20 levels was a sign of lazy devs and stale gameplay, without knowing a thing about the game, and how it made you sound too quick to judge. (But you're right, you must know all about this particular game.) Well hot damn, that's very personal, isn't it! And it definitely pegs me as, what was it you said, the Jesus Christ of the boards? Nope, no angry teen angst lashing out there at all.

Methinks you're a tad on the touchy side today, Creston, for reacting so violently to one comment about your assumptions. Lighten up before your arteries explode.

m19

5. Re: No subject May 14, 2003, 15:39 Morgan19

Heh, whatever you say Creston. You're only proving the point.

m19

3. Re: No subject May 14, 2003, 15:16 Morgan19

No kidding. Creston, did you wake up on the cynical side today? You have no idea what they mean by "level." Some games have only 10 levels but have 45 'missions', what it looks like you're considering classic levels, inside those 10. Just because the number's small doesn't mean it warrants criticism yet. Don't be so hasty, it only makes you look like a jaded ass who's too quick to criticize.

m19

This comment was edited on May 14, 15:18.

News Comments > UT2004 Announced
41. Re: ZigZang May 14, 2003, 11:57 Morgan19

Well said. I was halfway through posting something similar before deciding to scrap it, thinking people would just see it as more T1/2 gushing. But I'm glad you posted, they really do reserve credit where credit is due. T1 was one of the first (if not the first, in some case) to have usable and useful vehicles in a FPSesque game, huge terrain, the ability to render indoor & outdoor environments realistically, and the oft-underused command screen.

m19

26. Re: I am so burned out... May 13, 2003, 23:33 Morgan19

Blah blah blah...no doubt I am a whiney, jaded gamer.

Could you sign that on your next post?

m19

News Comments > Dungeon Siege II Announced
33. =0] d=0) :) =P ^_^ =D :0) o_O May 13, 2003, 23:30 Morgan19

probably a first here on blues?
The agreement or m19 smiling?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! I smile all the time.

m19

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance Log
15. Well then... ;) May 13, 2003, 22:57 Morgan19

I think we can see each other's position. I understand, and can very much sympathize with, the fact that you and other CS mappers would like nothing more than to get more "forced" exposure (for lack of a better term :)). I wish you all the best and hope that you make billions of great maps for T:V, and hopefully I'll still have a way to mindlessly start playing maps without consciously downloading so I can waste the hours away happily.

And here's to a good conversation/argument, I certainly appreciate your stand on the issue.

m19

This comment was edited on May 13, 22:59.

13. Choices. May 13, 2003, 22:37 Morgan19

I agree, except in this case. The "choice" of CS/SS maps ensured that many AWESOME CS maps in t2 were completely ignored.

I'm sorry, but I just can't ignore the incredibly niche attitude that implies! Getting rid of a good thing so something else can grow makes no sense whatsoever. Honestly, if you or others think CS maps need more rotation or exposure, get out there and lobby for it, but don't think closing off options will make it better! If these maps are so great, they'll be played. If they need more exposure, start posting like crazy on message boards so people play them. Oooooor, as many others have done, use the SS options and make great maps with those! Just because something's a dev-produced prefab or otherwise locked into place doesn't mean there aren't creative ways to use them. If anything it'll annoy people (like me ;P) that once had SS maps and then didn't. It's no solution.

m19
This comment was edited on May 13, 22:39.

12. Re: Morgan19 May 13, 2003, 22:35 Morgan19

Aaaaaaaaaaand once again, you're completely missing my point: I don't care about how many zillions of wonderful CS maps or mods there are, I'm a good example of how a couple mods (Rengades, Shifter, etc.) and a diet of 95% SS maps hasn't jaded me a bit nor turned me off to T1/2. I've been playing T1 since the week it came out, T2 a couple months after the release (letting the bugs die :)) and in all that time I've been thoroughly happy with the SS maps. I'm sure people like me really irritate you and are somewhat of an affront to all the hard work you put into the maps, but just because you want SS maps to go away doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. I don't like baseball; that doesn't mean it should be exterminated. (Lots of good comparisons tonight, lol.)

So stop trying to argue with me on an unrelated subject. SS maps are a good thing, and you've made your point clear that you want them to be ditched so CS maps get more rotation. I get it. But for the dozenth time, all I was hoping for is the option of SS maps to be available. Whoo!

m19

10. Re: Morgan19 May 13, 2003, 22:15 Morgan19

You're arguing a completely different point. You seem to be saying CS maps aren't popular because of SS maps. That's great, but I couldn't care less about how popular CS maps are, and that was never the point of my first post. All I was saying in the first place is that having the option of utilizing SS maps is a great thing, period, and that I really hope they integrate it into the UT engine. How is having more mapping options a BAD thing? So what if "new" players end up appreciating SS maps better, all that means is that there'll be more people playing! Last time I checked, that's not a bad thing. You're going at it from a mapper's standpoint (*see below), I'm from a players. That's why I think your logic, in my eyes, doesn't make sense. I'd rather have more "easy" map options available for playing & more players online; you'd rather have more CS mappers getting noticed. That's where we differ.

*I popped into T2 briefly and finally recognized your name; just never paid much attention to who's name was on the maps. No offense, but not everyone pays attention to who does what. =P And now that that's cleared up, you know what? I think you're more than slightly biased towards CS maps. It makes sense you wouldn't like SS maps, otherwise you wouldn't have much of a name, eh? (No offense intended, but I think it's an obvious assumption.)

what I said is entirely accurate imo.

Again, that's your opinion, and it does seem somewhat biased towards the mapping rather than playing community. Your argument boils down to this: "SS maps have made CS maps less popular in Tribes so, therefore, eliminating SS maps would make CS maps more desireable." Well, yeah... Duh. If you don't have the option of SS maps, then of course CS maps will get more play. But what you're saying sounds like a gaming form of censorship, in a way: if there are two options and the community favors one over the other, take away one to leave them no choice but to use the other. It's akin to a big phone company taking out a smaller one because it wants its services to be "more used" by the community. More options and choices is better, bottom line. That was my original & continuing point, and I hope that's cleared up now.

m19

This comment was edited on May 13, 22:25.

8. Re: Morgan19 May 13, 2003, 21:58 Morgan19

Don't you know who Nefilim is?

Nope, sorry.

Re: #7

Personally I think your logic is backwards and not at all accurate. But that's my opinion.

m19

This comment was edited on May 13, 22:00.

12. Re: No subject May 13, 2003, 19:15 Morgan19

If it's the same quote I'm thinking of, the exact wording said that 2k4 would be backwards-compatible with 2k3 mods. It wouldn't make sense that they'd say 2k3 is compatible with 2k4 since it looks like 2k4 is 2k3 with additions. So if you have 2k3, of course 2k4 is compatible since you'll be getting the same thing, just more & varied ways of it.

(EDIT-) Phew! That was a mouthful of #k#s.

m19

This comment was edited on May 13, 19:19.

26. =0] May 13, 2003, 18:03 Morgan19

*smiles with pride at the general agreement of the thread*

m19

5. Re: Nefilim May 13, 2003, 15:09 Morgan19

I'm curious, have you played T1 or T2, or is your opinion based off client-side map games like Q or HL? Yes, client-side maps mean mappers can do different things, but that doesn't mean a client map is better than server-side, hands down. There have bene plenty of server-side maps that I'd rather play on than the boatloads of drudge that some mappers can do.

How someone wouldn't want the option of server-side maps is beyond me.

m19

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 0
11. Re: halo for pc? May 13, 2003, 15:05 Morgan19

If they wanted me to buy it then they should have released it on the pc like they planed originally...

You're that important, eh?

m19

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 0
6. Halo May 13, 2003, 13:45 Morgan19

In the spirit of the conversation in yesterday's Halo thread, I have to admit that this line is pretty hilarious:

...where it won a best-of-show award several years ago.

Though I'm one of the ones actually looking forward to Halo, that line has me laughing at how truly bizarre that is.

m19

11. Re: stats schmats May 13, 2003, 13:37 Morgan19

Dungeon seige is fun, I couldn't care less how many stats it has.

You missed my point, though the other posts after yours have nailed it. Don't be so literal: I wasn't saying the lack of stats make the game boring, it's the overall "stupid" simplicity of DS, as opposed to fun simplicity, that makes it a waste. Of course this is all personal opinion and you can argue I'm wrong til you're blue, but the afore-mentioned few stats for a supposed RPG, items that aren't very exciting or different, same-old same-old levels, virtually no story, cardboard-cutout characters, etc. are all exmaples, if you want more. I was getting at the overall blandness, simplicity, and monotony of DS.

If you think "it's all about" co-op, how about co-op Watching The Grass Grow(tm)? Click click click with your friends, oh whee! Co-op does not save a game.

On the other hand, simplicity does not mean a game's bad. The oldie-but-goodies like The Incredible Machine, Lemmings, chess and checkers, or even newer games like Marble Blast and Orbz are terribly fun to play. How many people do you know that spend time with Minesweeper, Bookworm, or crosswords, even though they're simple? Simple can be good, but DS is nowhere near a good simple, it's just pointless.

m19

This comment was edited on May 13, 13:41.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo