Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Released
1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Released May 8, 2012, 17:42 Morgan19

Setting aside all the usual/expected anti-CoD comments... That press release is way too full of dramatic over-the-top statements for its own good. "Unlike anything in history", "not only four maps, but two more!!", "and if that's not enough...!", "never seen before!" and "look what you can do with JUST THIS ONE PACK!"

I half-expected it to end with "call now and we'll double your order!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 12:48 Morgan19

Not that I'm too interested in playing an ES MMO anyway, but If I read the story correctly it'll be focusing only on Cyrodiil... Possibly the least interesting, most generic-fantasy region we've been too so far (IMO). Doesn't sound too exciting.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer May 1, 2012, 21:55 Morgan19

You can still watch it here.  

News Comments > Call of Black Ops II Revealed
10. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:37 Morgan19

Dunno, I won't be writing this one off so quickly. Given the futuristic BF2142-ish screens that were released today (see linky below), I'll definitely keep my eyes on it. I agree that the rapid-fire yearly CoD releases are ridiculous, but a non-WWII/non-modern change of setting may do the series some good...

Screenshots

m19

News Comments > Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st
16. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:57 Morgan19

Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 13:46:
The screenshot revealed today is horrible.
It's a "quadrotor" flying robot doodad, apparently: clicky linky.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 17:07 Morgan19

Did anyone who signed up for a chance at doing a beta event (a few weeks ago) ever get in?  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
62. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 13, 2012, 08:41 Morgan19

Lokust wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 08:39:
I don't think it actually qualifies as customer support when the issue is beta testing a game for free.

Sure it does. The whole point of a beta is to get user feedback: if their support is lacking and you can't give feedback (or even get into the game), that's a perfectly valid issue.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
78. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 09:58 Morgan19

Watching TotalBiscuit's WTF video on it now... I understand there's a bit of mouselooking in the game, but is the Y axis reversible? (Nothing throws me off more than being stuck with a "wrong" Y axis in mouselook.)  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2012, 12:23 Morgan19

For the KQ collection... Do you need to use any emulators like DOSbox, or do they just run directly from Steam?  

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
54. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 8, 2012, 12:42 Morgan19

Just curious... Why does simply being indoors equal idiot-friendly?

I play both BF3 and (currently) MW3, and I'm smart enough to know and appreciate the differences: in a lot of ways it boils down to (my impression) BF being more tactical and thoughtful, whereas CoD is running around like a headless chicken blowing crap up. Both are equally fun to me, depending on what gaming-mood I'm in. And personally, I'd love the chance to keep playing BF3 in different environments. It mixes things up.

So can you not have tactical/thoughtful gameplay in an interior environment? I just don't understand jumping to the conclusion that including a few types of those maps apparently ruins the series. I approach it as more variety being a good thing: it's not as if they're removing all the wide-open/vehicular maps by adding some interior maps.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2012, 12:48.

49. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 21:42 Morgan19

I really like what this poster had to say over on bf3blog.com; seems to echo my own sentiments nicely:

People need to keep in mind that the DLC after this one is going to be heavily focused on vehicle warfare.

Some people like wide open maps, and some people, such as myself, enjoy the clusterfuck of people in tight infantry based maps. Is it because it has a Call of Duty element to it? Hell no. Itís because I enjoy the 24/7 carnage. I enjoy bullets flying around around me everywhere, and the constant sound of gunfire. Heck, I probably wasted a total of 5 days in hours from playing Strike at Karkand in Battlefield 2.

But donít get me wrong; I also LOVE wide open maps. In BF2, Highway Tampa was some of the funnest game play Iíve ever had in any Battlefield game. I couldnít begin to explain how many hours Iíve spent on that map having a blast with the heavy vehicle warfare.

My point is that everyone has their own preferences. Some people like the tight close quarters infantry combat, some people like wide open maps which focus more on vehicle warfare.

DICE seems like they are giving something for everyone; Close-Quarters for the people who enjoy tight quarters combat, and Armored Kill for the people who like wide open maps and vehicle warfare.

In conclusion, please donít hate on someone else because of their preferences. We all have our likes and dislikes, but in the end everyone is getting a little something that they like; either it be Close Quarters, or Armored kill.

11. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:30 Morgan19

MajorD wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:28:
Did the BIG patch with the commo rose implementations ever come out in February as promised?

Not yet:

http://bf3blog.com/2012/02/no-battlefield-3-patch-in-february/

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 18:09 Morgan19

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 17:52:
Never finished Guild Wars--quite bluntly--I hate, HATE--that I can't finish quest as an SP---they need to fix the game so that quest difficulty is determined by SP or if you are play as part of an MP team. I couldn't proceed further because of the mandatory MP play.

That was "fixed" a long time ago, mainly with the addition of controllable heroes and, more recently, the ability to play with a full party of your own heroesĖ no NPC henchmen or live players needed.

I picked up GW again last year after not playing for a while and have since finished the main campaign, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North all without ever joining a single MP group. Parts (like the EotN dungeons) can be frustrating playing by yourself, but grouping with other players is by no means mandatory.

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 14:22 Morgan19

Not necessarily. I received a "thank you for applying" email shortly after submitting. I imagine they're just overloaded if everyone's trying to suddenly sign up at once.  

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 14:09 Morgan19

Riker wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 14:08:
Downloaded their scanner tool. It told me a network error has occurred, then says "Sorry. =("

Try it again, I had to run it three times before it worked.

3. Re: Guild Wars II Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 13:57 Morgan19

(edit) Weird. A second attempt failed completely, and the third finally went through and showed me the English page.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2012, 14:06.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo for All
48. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo for All Feb 17, 2012, 23:08 Morgan19

How does one weird animation equal consolitis...? That seems a bit of a stretch, and not even what he was asking about.

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 19:08:
So, again, I'm asking, how bad is the Consolitis?

Did you play ME2, by any chance? From the demo so far, ME3 feels and acts very similarly so that's an easy point of reference in terms of what to expect.

There're plenty of the usual PC options like graphics (which are fine, but admittedly less extensive than other games), audio, remappable controls, mouse settings, etc. so that doesn't seem console-y at all. You can utilize powers with the number keys or by pausing and doing it through a squad menu. Mouse input is very smooth, quick, and responsive. Regarding the UI, it seems very natural to get into the game and play with a mouse and keyboard; while playing the demo I never thought to myself "Gee, this'd be easier with a controller," or have any glaring instance of things feeling badly ported.

In all honesty the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would come across as console-y is the uber-combined "one button to interact/cover/jump" function. I do sort of miss separate keys to crouch, pick up, interact, etc. but that's not a game-breaker by any stretch. Lots of games have weird control quirks that take some getting used to and I just chalk it up to that.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2012, 23:16.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo for All
31. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo for All Feb 17, 2012, 14:09 Morgan19

WaltC wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 11:27:
Anyone know how to configure Origin so that the demo does not install to C:\? I've installed Origin on E:\, but it still wants to install the demo on C:\. Thanks in advance?

Under Settings > Downloaded Games, do you have a folder on E:\ specified? I just opened up my Origin (which is on D:\Games\Origin) and the demo went right to downloading and installing in the Origin games folder there.

I enjoyed the quick bit I got to try of the demo so far... I immediately felt right at home playing again, from the grand "holy crap save the world please" cinematics to the "it just feels like ME" gameplay. Definitely Looking forward to the full game.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2012, 14:32.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 9, 2012, 11:23 Morgan19

That's not GW2; looks like it's all stuff from the Winds of Change in GW1, maybe?

(EDIT) Yeah just checked out the GuildWars 2 site. It looks like the story originates there, but it's for GW1's Winds of Change content.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2012, 12:03.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Changes
14. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 13:11 Morgan19

Overon wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:19:
So what happens to all the players that have unlocked classes and unlocked perks and abilities to classes that are going away or to classes that are being changed? I hope we don't get shafted.

Posts on the beta boards seem to indicate that, if you've unlocked stuff that's being removed, you'll get the equivalent amount of XP back to re-spend on whatever.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo