Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Q&A
1. T:V Jun 18, 2003, 17:11 Morgan19

Odd. Anyone else just getting a white content area from that link? All I have where it looks like text should be is the title and "17:05" in blue. On the other hand, there are two more nice-looking screenshots. The second one look especially Tribe-ish, and I'm excited that, since it'll be a prequel, there appears to be controllable "from inside the turret" turrets.

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Destroying people's computers Jun 18, 2003, 10:18 Morgan19

I know, let's chop off the person's hands if they steal something!

Oh, wait...

m19

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Screenshots
40. Re: T2 Jun 17, 2003, 16:34 Morgan19

If Tribes:Vengeance was nothing more than Tribes2 with a higher polycount and better graphics, I'd still play it 6 hours a day. IMO T2 was and is the apex of online gaming.

Well said, I agree completely.

m19

News Comments > Tech Bits
13. WA3 and mods Jun 16, 2003, 14:01 Morgan19

I have to agree with several of the posts in that I've had terrible experiences with WA3. It's slow, isn't anywhere near as "complete" (obviously) as WA2, seems to take up more resources... WA2 does what it needs to do and is quick about it.

As for the mods, I'm going to echo what someone else said: get a good mod player like ModPlug and use its wav output, then either record to a CD or convert into mp3. By far the best method is using the original tracker that the mod was written in: FT2 for xm, etc. or even running it through a registered MadTracker or Skale. Not sure if Skale has wav output functionality yet.

Just out of curiosity, for the people who enjoy mods, have you ever listened to songs by Morgan?

m19

26. ::<>:: Jun 3, 2003, 15:54 Morgan19

...launching bug filled turdbombs...

http://www.ent.orst.edu/burgettm/ent300_lecture14.htm

m19

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 15:54.

4. Re: #3 Jun 3, 2003, 00:23 Morgan19

and creating a single-player campaign detracts form the whole fucking POINT of Tribes!

Tone down your teen angst for a minute and look at what you're getting at. I suppose the option for new players who actually want to learn the game in SP mode without being thoroughly torn apart online detracts from the game? I guess letting the veterans learn new skills and practice their old sets offline is a terrible idea, too. Just like how milk should still come in a bottle on your doorstep, cars should be cranked up to start, the outhouse is out in the backyard, and you have to age your own cheese.

Yeah, I can really see how changing old formulas messes things up. Lighten up.

m19

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: Painkiller Jun 2, 2003, 13:45 Morgan19

That you looked all those up is disturbing.

m19

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. Painkiller Jun 2, 2003, 10:22 Morgan19

Looks interesting, but had anyone heard anything about Painkiller before today? The first I'd seen was the BN logo.

m19

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 10:23.

News Comments > Devastation Single-Player Demo
7. Re: Blergh May 28, 2003, 16:56 Morgan19

some people have a hard time conveying sarcasm on the 'net... I see you have that problem...

Zero punctuation'll do that.

m19

News Comments > Devastation Single-Player Demo
3. Re: Blergh May 28, 2003, 14:53 Morgan19

I agree with Creston. And single player is nothing like Half-Life, that's an insult to HL. Where HL actually had interesting levels, the levels in Dev are flat (might as well be 2D) "ride on rails" type affairs that have nothing even remotely interesting in them except a nice vision of a ruined neighborhood.

Blegh. I wanted to like this one, but it failed miserably.

m19

News Comments > Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon Gold
4. Re: Wow two expansions for this game? May 23, 2003, 18:19 Morgan19

"Trudging around," as you put it, is called exploring. There's a million and one things to find in MW while you're traveling from one place to the next. As for it taking a while to get around, that's why there're ships, the Mage's Guild, the pair of teleport spells, recalls, the teleport ring from Tribunal, and a bunch of add-ons with more magic spells or items that make it quicker. If that's what you're concerned with.

m19

News Comments > Breed SP Demo
22. Re: No subject May 23, 2003, 14:47 Morgan19

You've oversimplified. It's not "playing games" that causes the motion sickness (at least not for me), it's the small-scale rapid bobbing in games that have headbob that does it. Heck, I could spin around in T2 or Morrowind all day and not have the slightest bit of nausea because of it... But throw in the smallest bit of head bob and it's all downhill from there.

m19

16. Re: Breed May 23, 2003, 13:46 Morgan19

Haven't tried it yet, still at work like many others. But hopefully the bob settings will be able to be reduced or removed altogether in the final product. I know that's one of the reasons I could never play MoH or BF1942 (can't remember which, maybe both) because the view bobbed around so much... Made me sick. Blegh.

But in any case, I'm still looking forward to playing this sometime this weekend!

m19

13. Re: Bob May 23, 2003, 13:23 Morgan19

...may take issue with the amount of "bob" that the chracter has (its quite pronounced)...

But... what about bob? *da-dum-CHINK!*

m19

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Orbz May 22, 2003, 09:42 Morgan19

...the essence of Orbz will become apparent. You'll want to get that star. It'll seep into your psyche, the desire to whack that hapless pointy thing. Don't pity that star. It had it coming.

Orbz (and Marble Blast) are both fantastic, simple games. For anyone who likes the Minesweeper family of games, something you can play for 10 minutes without having to worry about dying or saving, you should check out Orbz and Marble Blast.

m19

1. RFII May 21, 2003, 13:26 Morgan19

That Red Faction II reviewer is remarkable, in that he bitches and moans for several paragraphs when it turns out it's mostly his own fault. He found a solution in the freakin' readme file, in the Troubleshooting section no less... Who would've thought to look there?! After whining that he spent a week trying to figure out the problem and that tech support didn't solve his problem (when it was already written down on his very own computer, in a file you're supposed to read if you need help), he says it's everyone's fault but his own.

My lord, some people are lazy. As the old saying goes, "RTFM."

m19

News Comments > It Came From E3, Part 9
1. Oops! May 21, 2003, 10:44 Morgan19

Blue, you missed linking the "Final" in Final Fantasy XI under Stratics.

m19

News Comments > Breed Characters
16. Re: Just pissed people off May 21, 2003, 09:19 Morgan19

Hasn't pissed me off, and I've been as excited about the demo as anyone else. I can wait, it's not life or death we're talking about here. If you're so distraught over not having the demo yet, perhaps you should find something else to keep you busy? A job, another computer game, gardening. Underwater basket weaving, perhaps?

Dunno. Guess I just don't see why anyone'd want to waste time or energy getting their panties in a bunch over a computer game, of all things. Granted you can take the "moral" approach (like some have) and say they shouldn't be releasing dates they can't keep, but you know what? It's their product. They can do whatever the hell they want with it. Of course that might mean angry people might not give them their money, but it's their gamble. I don't see how their production schedule in any way affects your happiness or well-being.

Sorry, I understand that some people are annoyed, angered, distraught, etc. over the demo (a demo, no less) delay. Big deal. There are bigger and better things to spend your energy on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people shouldn't care about computer games. Heck, I was giggling like an idiot the other night when I played Freelancer for the first time... Felt like I was in a Star Wars movie. But to get so upset about a demo? Eh.

m19

This comment was edited on May 21, 10:01.

4. Re: Funny May 20, 2003, 15:40 Morgan19

I've already seen used/pre-owned copies popping up in computer and video game stores. That can't be a good sign.

m19

News Comments > Tech Bits
8. Huff! Puff! May 16, 2003, 16:09 Morgan19

There's no reason to get in a huff over this...

Yeah, isn't it the real-world performance of the card that matters? Who cares if they fudge numbers on one benchmarker? If you think all companies are totally honest when it comes to numbers and advertising, you're kidding yourself. It's still going to be the same card and perform the same way when you pop it in your system. Besides, 3dmark's never been much good for anything besides bragging rights, anyway. You guys are too dramatic.

m19

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo