Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1061 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Preview, Q&A
23. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2003, 17:31 Morgan19

game is crap who cares.

Your posts are crap, who cares? That's the fourth time you've used that phrase in your posts. Get over it.

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Preview, Q&A
10. Re: 3rd time's a charm Oct 13, 2003, 11:15 Morgan19

T1 was much faster, overall. It was also much more possible to have a "one-man" team, since someone could generally grab the flag and score on their own. (In comparison, measures were taken to make T2 much more team-oriented). T1 (in my opinion, anyway) also had much better bases... The flying kinds, more intricate interior passages, etc. T1 (base) didn't have rocket launchers and flares and all that, whereas T2 did.

Both were and are great games, but the differences *are* there.

m19

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: Blue, Im assuming the mail is still Oct 7, 2003, 09:19 Morgan19

...Oh look a giant list of anonymous people...
What do you think petitions are *supposed* to be? It's just as easy to make yourself anonymous on a "physical" petition as it is an online one. Just sign a different name. The point is getting people to sign it, not people who's names you know...

m19

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: oh brother here we go again Sep 25, 2003, 12:45 Morgan19

I have my own fair share of mp3s, but I just wanted to discuss the "produce better music and we won't have to download it" way of thought. Look at it this way: if you don't like a certain painting, does that make it ok to swipe it from the museum and then say you'll pay money for one when "you like" the art? You can't say "make better stuff and then it'll be worth money" because that's completely subjective. While I might not think a Lifehouse CD is worth much, simply because I don't like their music, there sure are a hell of a lot of people out there who WOULD pay for it.

As for Kazaa suing record labels, I was wondering when it would come back around this way. I was thinking about how the RIAA is suing people for downloading music, but they're getting those peoples' names by downloading music as well. So, technically, they're guilty of doing the exact same thing. Granted it's only a few songs here and there, but they're still doing it.

Interesting.

m19

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. . Sep 19, 2003, 18:19 Morgan19

I'm so sorry...

m19

News Comments > Labor Day Q&As
4. Re: Tired of Interviews that say nothing Sep 2, 2003, 11:36 Morgan19

Granted, there wasn't a whole lot of new info in the interview, but after reading it it looks like there are only a couple questions where he straight-out said "I can't comment on that yet." And even those had other info padded around the N/As. He commented on aspects of both weapons and vehicles (like characteristics, number of new ones, etc.) so I'm not really sure what it is you're expecting to hear...?

As for release date, it's pretty common knowledge that the game is at least more than a year away, if I remember correctly. How do you expect them to get an exact date that far? And even so, with the way most gamers react to release dates these days, I wouldn't want to give a concrete date out and then be torn to bits by "fans" when I missed it by anything over an hour either! I don't see how that's a problem.

m19

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: lego game Aug 31, 2003, 18:25 Morgan19

That was FUN!!!!

The red puzzle is the room with the alligator and shark that you fall into. I didn't notice the first time because I was too busy trying not to get eaten.

As for Ben's age, just pick a number to start out with Dan and work the rest out, going Dan > Ben > Mike > Dan. For example, I started with 20 for Dan (far right), so that makes Ben 10 (10 years younger) and Mike 5 (5 younger than Ben). But since Dan has to be twice as old as Mike, that doesn't work. So keep trying a number with Dan and working through it til you get the right one. Not hard at all. (Hint: Try ages in multiples of ten. 10, 20, 30, 40, etc.)

m19

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Today - No Exclusive
183. Re: Game just average Aug 29, 2003, 17:29 Morgan19

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead the news post:

Look for it Friday night!

m19

167. #166 Aug 29, 2003, 15:55 Morgan19

I take it no one has an answer to my previous point, so we're all going to ignore it and its implications?

Oh, sorry. Mmm... I wish the edit button worked too?

m19

109. Next up... Aug 29, 2003, 09:42 Morgan19

What I think's going to be really funny after all this hoopla is the inevitable "this demo sucks!!" or "I hope the retail's better than this POS!" posts that'll soon follow.

m19

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Open Letter
201. Re: Welcome to a Free Market Aug 28, 2003, 21:27 Morgan19

Payment = payment (money), services, trades, goods, or whatever form of compensation you'd want to include apart form something being given for free.

m19

200. Re: Welcome to a Free Market Aug 28, 2003, 21:25 Morgan19

Is this something you know for a fact? If so, may I ask how?

Oh please, you're a grown man, you know how business works and are better than that to imagine otherwise.

Let me ask you, then. If they didn't have to pay to get exclusive content, where does that place you? This whole thing would then basically be you and the other sites crying that some other site is getting better stuff. But if they can do it for "free," as you're asking, why can't you? If someone else is doing better because of any reason besides payment for the content, would it always be your practice to then complain and try and knock them back down?

More food for thought.

m19

191. Re: Welcome to a Free Market Aug 28, 2003, 21:18 Morgan19

Oh yes Rictor, poor you, you fight the man by stealing things. Please.

Do you think it is right to profit from something to basic?

And since when was a game demo something necessary for survival or, as you put it, basic? It's a luxury item, a commodity, a material possession, an item that makes your life prettier and, if you believe it to be so, more fulfilled. Nothing more. Comparing an absolutely critical sustenance for life like air to a GAME DEMO of all things is ludicrious! It's a thin argument.

m19

189. Re: Welcome to a Free Market Aug 28, 2003, 21:15 Morgan19

Curse not editing... To clarify, come up with a real-world example where someone was given exclusive rights to something without having to give anything in return. It's an incredibly unrealistic situation, so I'm curious what you're thinking of.

m19

187. Re: Welcome to a Free Market Aug 28, 2003, 21:14 Morgan19

Would you feel the same way about this if FilePlanet was not paying anything for the right to premier this demo exclusively?

Give an example of something like that actually happening (I can't think of any off the top of my head), and then I'll think about that. Honestly, that's hardly likely to happen, so that situation doesn't hold much water. They *do* pay for it, so that's not debatable.

m19

180. #177 Aug 28, 2003, 21:04 Morgan19

Demos are by defeinition free and who gives these people the right to profit from something that is supposed to be free.

Ehh? Where is it defined that demos are "free?" You might THINK they're free because that's been a norm for a while, but in now way is anything created by blood, sweat, and tears (to use a good ol' phrase) ever free because you demand it to be so. The company that makes a game (or anything else, for that matter) has every right to say what happens to that product. Delusions of things "having" to be free shows nothing but ignorance and a demanding attitude. If they want to charge for it or give it to someone else who charges for it, that's their perogative. And if it makes them lose business, that's no one's concern but theirs. Sorry, but your logic here is tainted by getting a little too comfy with highspeed Internet and instant gratification where things are delivered in an instant. Don't forget that all these "free" demos you're demanding still have production schedules, employees who need to be paid, and whatnot. You think they just come out of thin air? Get real.

m19

175. Re: exclusiv Aug 28, 2003, 20:58 Morgan19

ok i don't buy their fuckin games anymore

That's tossed around so much now that it hardly means anything. Actually do that, and I'd be surprised. Until then it's just words.

m19

81. Re: Some of you are missing the point Aug 28, 2003, 19:39 Morgan19

Why is it okay for FilePlanet to grab an exclusive deal that hurts their competitors but it's not okay for their competitors to not offer the demo?

Mmm... Because they paid for it? $s awfully powerful, whether you like it or not.

m19

77. Re: editing Aug 28, 2003, 19:38 Morgan19

Look at the post after yours in this thread, and thank me that it can't be editied back to life

Well, fred is a whole 'nother story...

m19

74. #71 Aug 28, 2003, 19:37 Morgan19

No kidding? (Not to go off-topic, but...) When did that happen? So is it across the board, not just this one? I must've missed the excitement that made that happen.

m19

1061 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo