Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars Anniversary Details
6. Re: Guild Wars Anniversary Details Apr 25, 2009, 08:52 Morgan19

The PVE is a bit of an afterthought.

Dunno, I wouldn't say that. I've been playing for four years and have maybe done a dozen PvP matches in that entire time. There's plenty to keep PvErs busy.

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars Anniversary Details
1. Re: Guild Wars Anniversary Details Apr 24, 2009, 10:07 Morgan19

As you play these characters more and more, you might be looking for a way to freshen up their look beyond just getting a new set of armor, so we have added a whole new way to do this with Makeover Credits that have been added to the In-Game and NCsoft Stores. These Credits are redeemable at a [Stylist] NPC who deepens your ability to truly customize a character by allowing you to mix aesthetic features from ALL campaigns, something which is not possible through character creation.

Hallelujah!

Smart move on their part to finally implement it– I'm sure a ton of people (myslef included) will be purchasing the points to update their characters after four years of the same getup... But still, it'd be nice if there was some non-purchasing way of accessing the stylist (like item trades or something), too.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2009, 10:19.

News Comments > FileFront Closing
35. Re: FileFront Closing Apr 1, 2009, 20:36 Morgan19

They appear to still be open. So this was just a stupid April 1st joke? =|  

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Patch
3. Re: Burnout Paradise Patch Mar 27, 2009, 20:13 Morgan19

Wait, hold on... So the patch "unlocks" these new cars but you don't actually get them. Do you acquire them in-game, or do you actually have to spend real-world money to use them?

m19

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2009, 20:15.

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Patch
1. Re: Burnout Paradise Patch Mar 27, 2009, 19:32 Morgan19

The patch also appears to completely wipe out your settings, controls, and login info after installation. Not that big a deal, but still unexpected.

m19

News Comments > FileFront Closing
3. Re: FileFront Closing Mar 25, 2009, 22:05 Morgan19

Damn!

They've always been where I go first for patches and other updates. It was great to just click a link once and immediately get the file instead of having to click through five pages or waiting in line or any of that other crap. Great site, I'll definitely miss them.

m19

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Mar 22, 2009, 18:58 Morgan19

No go, I'm giving up on this one. It was installable and runnable the week of release but unplayable, mostly for visual reasons. I reinstalled everything and started it up, and now after the patch it hangs at a black screen with a "program is trying to access a protected file" or something like that.

m19

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Mar 22, 2009, 15:21 Morgan19

Looks like there's an option to turn the hideous shadows off now... Maybe time for a reinstall and give it another chance. o_O

m19

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Trailer "Tomorrow"
4. Re: New Wolfenstein Trailer Mar 19, 2009, 14:54 Morgan19

I thought this was a new chapter, not a remake?

m19

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES to Return
38. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 18, 2009, 22:47 Morgan19

I said a camera at to see people waiting at inventory, not to see if people were cheating. Oi.

Regardless, people will find ways to cheat even if there were no scripts. They were definitely more of a boon than a hindrance.

m19

36. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 18, 2009, 20:50 Morgan19

I for one hope they BAN ALL SCRIPTS as that ruined the game for me. All scripts do is allow losers to cheat in order to get an unfair advantage

Adding shadows, being able to set your favorites up outside a station, and adding an inventory cam so you can see if people are waiting are cheating and unfair? Mmm... I'd reconsider that statement.

m19

11. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 18, 2009, 11:23 Morgan19

Fan-freaking-tastic. I *still* play the original Tribes. I'm curious to see how they update the graphics, although I hope it'll support some of the essential scripts like PJ's stuff.

I like how QuakeLive lets you play fullscreen, eliminating the "browser" feel altogether... Does InstantAction allow that as well?

m19

News Comments > Burnout Paradise to Steam
2. Re: Burnout Paradise to Steam Mar 8, 2009, 10:50 Morgan19

Do we know if the DLC content can be delivered to users who've bought the boxed version of the game...?

m19

News Comments > UT3 Free Steam Weekend, Sale Price
19. Re: UT3 Free Steam Weekend, Sale Price Mar 5, 2009, 19:33 Morgan19

From today's earlier thread, since this one seems to be the focus now:

Just installed the patch.

I'm not sure what "UI tweaks" they've implemented (haven't seen a full list of the changes), but it only seems like it's a different color (dark grey instead of red) and you have more setting options like graphics and sound. The UI itself is still the same bizarre "some options on the top left, some options on the bottom right of the screen" layout.

Just found this: "Major visual and menu flow overhaul for improved useability." I really question that. The graphics of the menu might be different, but otherwise the UI seems exactly the same (except for the aforementioned options changes). Am I missing something?

(EDIT-) The new maps, especially DarkMatch, look fantastic and play really well.

m19

News Comments > UT3 Patch & Titan Pack
11. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 18:05 Morgan19

Just installed the patch.

I'm not sure what "UI tweaks" they've implemented (haven't seen a full list of the changes), but it only seems like it's a different color (dark grey instead of red) and you have more setting options like graphics and sound. The UI itself is still the same bizarre "some options on the top left, some options on the bottom right of the screen" layout.

Just found this: "Major visual and menu flow overhaul for improved useability." I really question that. The graphics of the menu might be different, but otherwise the UI seems exactly the same (except for the aforementioned options changes). Am I missing something?

(EDIT-) The new maps, especially DarkMatch, look fantastic and play really well.

m19

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 18:37.

News Comments > THE LAST REMNANT Steam Plans
1. Re: THE LAST REMNANT Steam Plans Feb 24, 2009, 12:54 Morgan19

Not so much the Steam version (retail boxes for me!), but I'm actually looking forward to playing this on the PC.

m19

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Street Fighter IV Feb 20, 2009, 20:58 Morgan19

Seth? The main baddie's name is Seth? Why didn't they just call him Steve or Larry? :O

m19

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Feb 20, 2009, 20:58 Morgan19

Wrong thread!

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2009, 20:58.

News Comments > Watchmen Next Month
4. Re: Watchmen Next Month Feb 16, 2009, 12:56 Morgan19

I really liked Willow on the NES.

m19

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo